[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /p/, do you always apply the rule of thirds when taking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: the-rule-of-thirds.jpg (182KB, 454x357px) Image search: [Google]
the-rule-of-thirds.jpg
182KB, 454x357px
Hello /p/, do you always apply the rule of thirds when taking pictures of scenery or objects?

Are there other rules like this?

I want to learn how to take beautiful pictures
>>
Sounds like Google would help you lots
>>
>>2926582
There are tons, use the rule of thirds and learn to break that rule.
>>
File: 1450387705075.jpg (587KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
1450387705075.jpg
587KB, 1000x664px

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D90
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern818
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)39 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2011:06:28 01:45:02
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/3.2
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/3.2
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance0.79 m
Metering ModeSpot
Light SourceFlash
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length26.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1000
Image Height664
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
Don't fall for the rule of turds meme. Do you think Da Vinci used it? No. Study classical art.
>>
>>2926582
Also there is some memester roaming around pressing their hate for the rule of thirds. You are taking a photo for Facebook then you don't need to know how to paint a classic.
>>
>>2926582
http://www.bocphotography.com/guide-composition-photography-20-tips/

these are ultra basic starting points for composition, they're just after the fact rationalizations for some types of image that look good. read about them once and look at good art more.
>>
>>2927100
I don't take pictures for facebook though...

I really want to get good at photgraphy
>>
>>2926941
You dolt, that's one of the core compositional elements in most types of art. You're an idiot if you think da Vinci and others didn't use it
>>
Follow rules of composition despite what people say, they do help pictures look better. Think of how music has rules that allow musicians to write music that sound good. They follow rules of composition as well. If you think that is a meme, owell. Western culture appreciates it when rules of composition are followed.
>>
Learn rule of thirds

Then after some time, creatively break it.

That doesn't mean ignore it
>>
>>2926582
oh no, did you say RULE OF THIRDS??!?!??!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.