[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good camera for a beginner who wants to do mostly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Evb7AQT.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Evb7AQT.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
What's a good camera for a beginner who wants to do mostly landscape/camping photography?

I currently have a Canon Rebel T1i (since 2008/2009ish?) and it's been a great camera, but currently I'm getting better quality photos on my iPhone, which either means I'm using the DSLR wrong, I have the wrong lens, or it's outdated. I'm sort of thinking it's the first one, but you never know.

People on other forums have recommended getting a Sony A6000, which fits my price range. I'd rather not spend more than $1k, as that's about how much my Canon was when I first got it.
>>
>>2926441
As big sensor as you can get.
At 1k I would say
D600 or some 645MF film (NOT 66 / 67 BRICKS cuz camping)
>>
Fiji xpro2
Gearfags will try to shill you larger sensors but this camera would fit most better.
>>
>>2926447
d700 or 5D (original)
Best value for money right now
>>
>>2926498
Couldnt agree more
But he said 1k

5d1 can be nowdays even under 400
and d700 as low as 600
>>
>>2926441
What lenses do you have? if you're happy with them then maybe a Canon upgrade - 760d (t6s) or hold on for a used 80d (much better but just over your budget new).
>>
$650 for a new Pentax K-70 body and use the rest to get a good lens. It's a crop sensor but 24 pickles plus pixel shift technology which will improve your landscape stills. 5D and D700 are full frame, but they have pretty old sensors by 2016 terms. It's like buying a top of the line computer... from 8-10 years ago. You also need to consider what lenses you are going to possibly be purchasing and what the cost of those will be. Canikon has top tier glass, but for the good stuff you have to pay a top tier price.

>Now of course it's not a totally perfect picture here. What are we giving up--auto-focus and video, those things aren't great here, but keep in mind that if you're the kind of photographer that doesn't really need blazing fast autofocus or video at all, this camera, for under $1000, will bar none give you the best image quality in any ASPC camera. You know we've always been doing these video reviews and they've always been aimed at Pentaxians, but the fact is if you are looking at a Canon or a Nikon or a Pentax SLR, and you want to get the best image quality possible for under a grand, this is it right here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkGXnApM9h0 from 13:30 or so
>>
Also consider that if you want to be semi-serious about taking landscape photos, you will probably need to invest in a tripod (anywhere from $100-$400 depending on what you get--and with tripods you generally get what you pay for).
>>
>>2926544
Also filters help unless exposure bracketing and stacking. Good time to get a cheap Tlr
>>
>>2926526
>the kind of photographer that doesn't really need blazing fast autofocus
are you so one dimensional as a photographer that you never need good autofocus?
I prefer my cameras to be versatile. after all, I shoot in a variety of situations.
>>
>>2926585
Nice assumptions about me there, buddy. It's not like the camera is completely devoid of an AF system. Mind you he said "blazing fast." That's not a feature people look for in entry level bodies. OP wanted a camera for camping and landscapes. I offered him a suggestion.
>>
>>2926595
I've got no gripes with pentax for a consumer camera system (I solely own and shoot with a K3) but that being said the lens line up is slightly limited, and obviously some specs make people shy away but desu for what op wants I don't think it would be a bad idea, also all the legacy glass is fine for landscape and can be had on the cheap.
>>
File: 20160916135903.jpg (670KB, 2304x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20160916135903.jpg
670KB, 2304x1536px
What do you think of this pic OP?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon PowerShot G5 X
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Lens Size8.80 - 36.80 mm
Firmware VersionFirmware Version 1.00
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution180 dpi
Vertical Resolution180 dpi
Image Created2016:09:17 22:27:01
Exposure Time1/1250 sec
F-Numberf/6.3
Lens Aperturef/6.3
Exposure Bias0 EV
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length23.36 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width2304
Image Height1536
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModeEvaluative
ISO Speed RatingAuto
SharpnessNormal
SaturationNormal
ContrastNormal
Shooting ModeFull Auto
Image SizeUnknown
Focus ModeUnknown
Drive ModeUnknown
Flash ModeOff
Compression SettingFine
Macro ModeNormal
Subject Distance63.610 m
Sequence Number1
White BalanceAuto
Exposure Compensation3
Sensor ISO Speed192
Image Number101-0086
>>
>>2926441
Canon 70d
>>
>>2926441
A6000 should be great. Then
>>
File: _20160918_102431.jpg (306KB, 958x1432px) Image search: [Google]
_20160918_102431.jpg
306KB, 958x1432px
Get a Sony a7 body and adapter to use your canon lenses. That should be under $1k

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAndroid Gallery
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Created2016:09:18 10:24:31
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Image Width958
Image Height1432
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.