[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /p/, thinking about getting a Canon Rebel T5i later this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: timeforachange.jpg (309KB, 1209x493px) Image search: [Google]
timeforachange.jpg
309KB, 1209x493px
Sup /p/, thinking about getting a Canon Rebel T5i later this fall and putting a rest to the Nikon D3100. I needed a camera with a mic port so I can record videos with wonderful sound. After thinking a bit more, it got me wondering.What is your experience and/or thoughts of the T5i?
>>
>>2926188
>Swapping one cheap, old entry level body for another cheap, old entry level body
butwhy

A D5xxx would at least let you keep using the lenses / accessories you have
>>
>>2924503
>>2924503
>>2924503
>>2924503
>>2924503

But seriously that's not even an upgrade. Have you even bought anymore glass for the Nikon or do you just use the kit lens? Because if you do there is literally no reason to buy another shitty camera.
>>
>>2926188
A used D7000/D7100 will do much better. I upgraded to a D7100 after using a D3100 and can tell you it's worth every penny. Which isn't even that much after you sell your d3100
>>
>>2926188
Why the fuck are you swapping one crappy body for another equally crappy body?

Get something actually better if you want an upgrade.

> wonderful sound
Get a Takstar video mic off Aliexpress. It'll do very good for its price and good in general.

Or pay for a Rode.

> but muh mic ins
On crappy entry level cameras it's maybe even better to just not even use their mic in. Just record to your fucking smartphone using a more sensible codec and sync the video and sound later.
>>
>>2926195
>>2926195
>>2926304
>>2926313

Nope, just the kit lens but the Nikon D3100 isn't even mind. I just need a decent camera that's at least slightly better than the nikon. Yea there both entry level, but at least I have more to work with on the canon.
>>
just buy a field recorder, a good one will still cost less than that piece of shit camera.
>>
>>2926363
>I just need a decent camera that's at least slightly better than the nikon.
Why? What kind of video are you shooting? You haven't given any info at all and the nikon could be more than capable enough for your purposes and like >>2926313 said you can just get an audio recorder.
>>
>>2926188
Get a D3300 you wally; you can keep using your nikon gear, it has a mic port and shoots 1080p at 60fps. Win win win
>>
>>2926363
>I just need a decent entry level camera
No, you don't "need" the Canon, you *want* to spend money on a new camera for some reason.

Which most people here understand, there's an old running acronym in photography called G.A.S. or Gear Acquisition Syndrome. But I implore you not to sell your camera at a loss to purchase another one that is only marginally better.
>>
>>2926440
>>2926444
>>2926495
Okay, I'm trying to shoot analog camera review videos at a high frame rate. The Nikon D3100 is still an awesome camera but the highest it goes is 1080p at 24 fps and it lacks a mic port. While recording on a audio recorder and sync it is a nice idea. I prefer to record on a good quality mic attached to the camera. Also, the Nikon is not mind, its my sister's. I trying to a get a camera for myself. I heard that the Canon T6i is pretty good with their nice lens they have selling on amazon.
>>
I have a rebel t5 and it works pretty good for what I do with it. Keep in mind you can't take dual exposures or time lapses with it. If your going to be videoing a lot the rebel t6 is a better choice. Honestly after having the t5 I would save to get a 70d.
>>
>>2926599
If you jump ship, go with a 70D and put magic lantern on it. That and the 80D are basically aimed at vloggers. The video autofocus is amazing and ml gives you needed features like zebras.
>>
>>2926188
I bought one for my dad for father's day and he likes it, but the last thing he ever shot with was a Canon AE-1 back when film was still relevant. Still, it's a nice gift. Going to get my gf an SL1 for her birthday so we can go shooting together. For reference I am a beginner hobby photographer and have a Rebel t6i body.

But seriously you may not need to change bodies, as others have said try a few different lenses but if you truly are limited by the FPS then I guess look elsewhere.
>>
>>2926444
>>2926599
Dude, I clearly said D3300 not D3100.
As stated before (read it more carefully this time) the D3300 has a mic port, shoots 1080p@60fps and is cheaper than the T5i.
>>
>>2926677
No, that part was for answering >>2926440
responds. I know the Nikon D3300, it has what I wanted but I preferring Canon for the lens they offered on amazon.
>>
>>2926687
Ok fair, but don't link me if your're not responding to me next time
>>
>>2926693
apology, mini app on android is shit to respond on.
>>
You would have better luck if in addition to the camera you bought a mic to go with it
>>
>>2926900
True, I might wait for Black Friday so I can get all the gear for cheap and for sure.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.