[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You can only post in this thread if your digital camera has a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Width999
Image Height1001
>>
/thread
>>
>15mm 4.5
>35mm 1.2
>50mm 1.2
If that 50 was a 60 I would literally shit on my floor
>>
>>2921435
If you get a 40 1.4, that'd give you 60 equiv on its crop sensor

>>2921425
I wonder if there is any significant battery power savings from manual shutter cocking.
>>
>>2921447
15, 35, 60
22, 50, 90

Who wants 60 equiv apart from deprived ex-macro fanatics and Pentax users?
>>
>>2921450
40 & 60 equiv is superior to 35 & 50

90 is a natural progression after 40+60, of course that focal length is missing, because ``muh 50 normal'' misguided people.
>>
>>2921425
What benefit does the lever have? Does it save battery power or something?
>>
>>2921470
Saves having a motor to cock a focal plane shutter.
>>
>>2921435
Been looking for a 60, I think I'll probably buy a Hexar RF special edition pack to get one.

I don't care if I ruin its collector value.
>>
File: <untitled> 001.jpg (170KB, 1001x666px) Image search: [Google]
<untitled> 001.jpg
170KB, 1001x666px
The R-D1 is the ultimate redpilled camera though:

>Good bright RF
>Easy to align yourself
>LCD folds away for protection and hipster cred
>battery lasts for hundreds of shots
>battery is most common camcorder battery in the world
>no AA filter means ultra sharp resolution for a 6MP rig
>no IR filter means it's great for IR photography
>fucking dials and shit on the top plate

Image Width1001
Image Height666
>>
>>2921470
The camera is essentiallya Voigtlander Bessa with digital guts.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (96KB, 1001x1001px)
s-l1600.jpg
96KB, 1001x1001px
>>
>>2921580
that's just a lever

but i want one
>>
>>2921500
>no IR filter means it's
useless for exactly the picture you posted, shitforbrains.
All of that black plastic in the cabin is now purple, moron.
>>
>>2921447
>I wonder if there is any significant battery power savings from manual shutter cocking.

Well, R-D1's electronic guts are old and power-inefficient, so the savings are likely very small.
If someone made a similarly manual RF camera with modern tech (that allows a DSLR to get 1000 shots on a single charge with all the focus motoring and mirror slapping), it would probably be worth it. But then, we've got global electronic shutters on the horizon that will get rid of shutter cocking entirely.
>>
>>2921596
don't bother
they are far more useless than they look
even on a little camera like the pentax q
>>
>>2921652
Simply put an ir cut filter in front of the lens
>>
>>2921652
Jesus Christ, thanks for pointing that out. I just checked with eyedropper in Photoshop and there really is 1 % of purple mixed in! Epson R-D1 confirmed to be shit.
>>
>>2921652

holy fuck epson BTFO!

meanwhile, mr autismo keeps finding minute color casts in everything around, its like colors are not pure at all!
>>
>>2921738
They are extremely camera-specific. Sometimes they do improve the grip, sometimes they block half of the controls.
>>
>>2921652
what a great camera, even has a built in Velvia Simulation years before Fuji
>>
>>2921681
>Well, R-D1's electronic guts are old and power-inefficient
Citation needed.
>>
>>2921825
What exactly do you want me to cite, a teardown with power measurements?
Despite having no motors, R-D1 gives 200-300 shots per charge while its contemporary AF DSLRs like 20D could already give 400-500.
>>
>>2921874
Yes but its battery's half the size.
>>
>>2921955
Even if it's as efficient as a 20D, that still sucks by modern standards.

I've got now a camera that can record thirty eight-megapixel images per second for like an hour - that's 100000 shots - on a battery half the size of a DSLR. A rangefinder camera with a manually cocked shutter built on the same tech would have absolutely insane battery life if you keep the screen off.
>>
File: <untitled> 001 (1).jpg (133KB, 1001x666px) Image search: [Google]
<untitled> 001 (1).jpg
133KB, 1001x666px
>>2921969
>Even if it's as efficient as a 20D, that still sucks by modern standards.
Then again as you're winding the lever each time you're taking fewer shots per time period, which means the R-D1 will still last all day on one battery.

>I've got now a camera that can record thirty eight-megapixel images per second for like an hour - that's 100000 shots - on a battery half the size of a DSLR. A rangefinder camera with a manually cocked shutter built on the same tech would have absolutely insane battery life if you keep the screen off.
Yes please build one for me. In the mean while I will keep using the R-D1.

Image Width1001
Image Height666
>>
>>2921978
Oh, I get it, you seem to have somehow misinterpreted my original post >>2921681 as an insult to your precious R-D1.

Carry on then.
>>
>>2921986
>you seem to have somehow misinterpreted my original post >>2921681 as an insult to your precious R-D1.
Not at all, it's just that being a kid you probably don't know what a milestone the R-D1 was or that it's still a perfectly cromulent camera.

I prefer to spend my shekels on glass.
>>
>>2921454
12 + 40 is my usual combo for snapshots.
>>
>>2921969
since a digital rangefinder doesn't need to put up with the extra resistance of transporting film, they could add an electricity generator that powers a the battery a little with each cocking.

such a camera would probably have insane battery life
>>
File: <untitled> 002 (2).jpg (118KB, 666x1001px) Image search: [Google]
<untitled> 002 (2).jpg
118KB, 666x1001px
>>2922156
I had the same thought anon...

Image Width666
Image Height1001
>>
>>2922192
damn spots
>>
File: <untitled> 003 (1).jpg (124KB, 666x1001px) Image search: [Google]
<untitled> 003 (1).jpg
124KB, 666x1001px
Sorry for being lazy

Image Width666
Image Height1001
>>
>>2922156
Don't even need a lever, just use a mechanism like the one self-winding watches use.
>>
>>2922438
*With an electronic shutter
>>
>>2922156
That'd be sweet!

Also - Epson R-D1(s/x/xG) or Leica M8(2)?
>>
>>2922471
Leica has a RF with a longer base and a smaller FoV crop, which makes it better for wide and fast lenses, and the electronic UI is less painful to use.
R-D1 doesn't need IR filters, has cute needle indicators and rewind lever, the card slot is less retarded and settings don't get randomly changed when carrying it on a neck strap.

They both suffer from vignetting and bad high ISO noise, but you're not buying them for IQ, are you?
>>
Every time you faggots make a thread or mention this camera the price goes up.

Stop inflating the price for no reason and actually post your shots instead of bragging about gear.
>>
Toasting fgts
>>
>>2922477
>you're not buying them for IQ, are you?

No, of course not. I am simply interested in the whole CCD rangefinder thing. Crop doesn't phase me, either.
Since both the R-D1 and the M8 are the only models based on film cameras, there is nothing else to choose from. I want one of these two dinosaurs, not a brand-new M240... which has a CMOS inside.

Is the R-D1 a reliable camera?
>>
>>2922627
>Since both the R-D1 and the M8 are the only models based on film cameras, there is nothing else to choose from.

I dunno, what about M9 and M-E? They're pretty much M8 with most of the problems fixed.

Also, "muh CCD color" is mostly placebo, those CCD-based MF cameras people fap to have better colors for a different reason.
>>
>>2922477
>They both suffer from vignetting

Why would they when they use crop sensors?
>>
>>2922616
this
>>
>>2922959
The sensors are not modified to accept uwa lenses at close range as well as modern lenses are, so you get the infamous color vignette with select lenses, based more on the lens design than on the focal length
>>
>>2922969
I see.

When Panasonic releases their organic sensor, will it eliminate this problem or will we still have to work on curving it?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.