[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you know that you can take photography classes on courser

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: download.png (1MB, 1000x809px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
1MB, 1000x809px
Do you know that you can take photography classes on coursera.org?

This is the first one in their specialization: https://www.coursera.org/learn/exposure-photography

Is anybody else taking these? I just finished with the first one and I honestly don't know what should I think. Pictures shown and discussed in the class (main topics are vantage point and framing) are very mediocre to my untrained eye.

What really sucks though is that you can't participate in exercises if you don't pay for the course and you only audit it.

At first I thought it was just a lot of babbling about how the course presenter took his photos and what he was thinking. But I figured then that I should think more about the scene when I'm taking pictures. So this is kinda my takeaway from the first course. Would love to hear someone else's opinion.

Pic related is from the instructor of the course.
>>
>>2921088

wasnt the moma giving off a free course too?
>>
>>2921152
Yup, also Stanford prof released those lectures for Google (garbage audio though) around a week ago, plus if you subscribe to cc, you get access to Adobe classes
>>
>>2921152
This one? https://www.coursera.org/learn/photography/

planning to check this one out too

>>2921164
do you have any links?
>>
>>2921088
>What really sucks though is that you can't participate in exercises if you don't pay for the course and you only audit it.
That's not even a course or a class.
A class requires a professor you can communicate with and exercises where you can be evaluated.
With neither, it's just a shitty website with extra hoops for an ordinary youtube video. Fuck coursera.
>>
>>2921152
moma curator did some course on contemporary photography. was interesting, but the final "exam" was a little strange.

>>2922065
you can comment, but I haven't seen the course leader participate in discussions.
>>
>>2923153
>, but the final "exam" was a little strange.

how
>>
>>2923222
Wasn't an own photo project matching the course content, but a written exam about a photo or set of photos referring to the course content/context. Course leader never read any of those, but they were graded by other people who took the course.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.