[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>EOS M How does the M mount compare to other mirrorless systems?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: eosm5sketch-728x335.jpg (35KB, 728x335px) Image search: [Google]
eosm5sketch-728x335.jpg
35KB, 728x335px
>EOS M

How does the M mount compare to other mirrorless systems? Do you think it was designed with the idea of eventually creating a FF mirrorless ecosystem (is it even FF compatible?? Or will Canon have to make a new mount if they want to offer a real professional mirrorless option?
>>
>>2918305
i have the m.
best camera ever because of the 22mm f2 pancake.
the mount is slightly smaller than normal ef but they do still have space for a bigger sensor.
just how big that is.
>>
>>2918323
>the mount is slightly smaller than normal ef

Why?
>>
>>2918305
shitsucks
>>
>>2918305
>How does the M mount compare to other mirrorless systems
Very underwhelming. Basically every other vendor's MILC are better.

> Do you think it was designed with the idea of eventually creating a FF mirrorless ecosystem
I think it was designed to meet marketing's request to have some MILC, while avoiding internal competition with the brand's DSLR.

The latter of which is the mistake, because everyone else is making strides in giving people arguments for their MILC. Which also include not requiring them to buy another DSLR.
>>
>>2920213
>because everyone else is making strides in giving people arguments for their MILC

What arguments are those besides video capability in the case of Sony and the ability to adapt old shitty lenses to them?
>>
>>2920220
true hybrid AF
>>
>>2920224
What makes the difference if the Phase AF is on the sensor or a separate array?
>>
>>2920220
http://www.imaging-resource.com/cameras/canon/eos-m3/vs/sony/a6300/

Just a brief overview. Just about everything is fucking better.

More importantly, you can also count the number of specs (burst rate, sensor performance...) that are equal or better than on an equally or even quite significantly higher priced Canon DSLR.

And of course you could also further test qualities like the AF and just find out that the Sonys wreck the EOS M there, too.
>>
>>2920229
it has nothing to do with where the phase detect is located. it's about combining phase and contrast detect for speed and accuracy (respectively)

just wait 'til you see what Fuji's done with the XT2
>>
File: DSLR vs mirrorless.jpg (161KB, 500x423px) Image search: [Google]
DSLR vs mirrorless.jpg
161KB, 500x423px
>>2918305
>How does the M mount compare to other mirrorless systems?

While it has a couple really great lenses (22mm, 11-22mm), it's inferior to what other MILC manufacturers* offer because it's Canon's red headed stepchild that must keep its hands off the toys of its fatter Rebel brothers.

Although if the leaked images of EOS M5 are real, it seems like Canon may be thinking about slowly shifting their low end offerings into MILCs, as they haven't been able to offer anything fresh in the Rebel line for years. But this still means that you won't see anything like Sony A7 or lolympus pro lenses in the system any time soon.

* Except Nikon, who made an even more gimped system, Pentax, who missed the point of MILC entirely not once but twice, and Samsung, who ragequit the market for no apparent reason.
>>
Sold my friend my M3, he supposedly loved it. It needed repaired and 4 weeks on he's had to borrow a camera from me.
He prefers Fuji now, because of the menu, the shooting process and AF speed.

Sony and Canon have huge issues with their mirrorless lineup but if you've got to choose between one or the other don't gimp yourself with the Canon even more.0
>>
>>2920264
>pic related
DELET THIS
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.