[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of the Sony A7? For this room I would use this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

What do you think of the Sony A7?
For this room I would use this lens:
Sigma 120-400mm f/4.5-5.6 DG OS HSM
>>
I have an a7 mk ii and love it. got a 35mm 2.8 ziess and its great for any situation. ive had it since january and much prefer it over any dslr for the same price... Check my insta for shots- @amarbles. ill follow back if you drop a comment on my pic https://www.instagram.com/amarbles/
>>
>>2916631
You need one hell of a room for a 120-400mm lens to be useful. Its minimum focus distance is probably like 10'.
>>
>>2916673
I misspelled it, I wanted to write "For this mirrorless i would..." xD
I wanted to buy this lens for taking pictures to birds and wanted to know if it was a suitable lens for this mirrorless.
>>
>mirrorless
>birds

You mean stuffed birds? Mirrorless AF is too slow for things that are alive
>>
>>2916719
It is better to get a Canon FD 300/4 L and use the focus assist because manual focusing will be faster and more accurate on longer than 100mm lenses regarding the on-sensor PDAF performance.
If you use the LA-EA adapter with the translucent mirror and AF sensor (I'm confused with Sonys numbering on this adapter) then an A-mount AF lens will do nicely.
>>
>>2916719
The lens is suitable, the camera not so much. If you want to capture birds in flight with a long tele lens, this is a daunting task even for a high-end DSLR, so A7's autofocus will shit itself 9 times out of 10.

>>2916767
A few mirrorless cameras (X-T1/T2, E-M1, A6300) focus roughly on the level of a midrange DSLR with appropriate lenses. But A7 is not one of them.
>>
>>2916767
> Mirrorless AF is too slow for things that are alive
Sony's AF is easily fast enough now.

Though AFAIK that was not yet the case on the old A7.
>>
>>2916961
>X-T1/T2, E-M1
About at the level of an A6000.

> A6300
>roughly on the level of a midrange DSLR with appropriate lenses
Better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j4SwEuBGLI

With appropriate lenses it rivals a higher-end DSLR. (Until you hit low light in the ~1-2EV range where a DSLR's PDAF still works and this AF fails. Once you're as low as to require CDAF, it's about the same again.)
>>
>>2916962
Only A7II R and A6300 have AF suitable for tracking moving subjects. And even then, acquiring focus on a moving bird from a completely defocused state is the worst case scenario for a mirrorless camera even with on-sensor phase detection.
>>
>>2916969
> Only A7II R and A6300 have AF suitable for tracking moving subjects.
I think they're the Sony cameras that can track birds *reliably*.

But most moving subjects are already workable on an A6000. Your hit rate is just gonna be marginally imperfect, but it's still comparable to a more plebiscite DSLR:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGDZbSD-tLA

And yea, you could shoot flying birds too:
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/jackez2010/tags/ilce6000

You will get a decent number of hits, just not constant hits all the time.
>>
>>2916971
>>2916631

ok but why shoot mirrorless?

the only real advantage of mirrorless is the smaller size and weight so putting a huge 100-400 negates the only real advantage that the a7 gives you.

why not just get a proper dlsr with better af, better battery, better native lenses and better build quality if you're gonna shoot birds
>>
.g
>>
>>2917037
>the only real advantage of mirrorless is the smaller size and weight so putting a huge 100-400 negates the only real advantage that the a7 gives you.
For most people, that actually makes using a lens like that worse because there's no real balance provided by the body/the grip portion is too thin to comfortably hold under load.
>>
>>2917037
> why not just get a proper dlsr with better af
Anything like "better AF" (or even equal AF) and comparable burst rates and sensor quality will be significantly more expensive on a DSLR than on a Sony MILC.

How much do you need to pay to get 11FPS burst rates with a bunch of seconds of buffer? How much do you need to pay for a comparable AF system?

> better battery
For most people, it won't be a huge issue.

You're still easily >10x better off than a film shooter was / is, and it's still just 1/3 batteries more (in terms of weight/size - numerically it's more batteries, but they're smaller batteries).

> better build quality
Full environmental sealing (and better heat dissipation for the video shooters) would be good. But just in terms of build quality there is nothing wrong.

> better native lenses
> if you're gonna shoot birds
Adapters are doing really quite fine by now, but if you only shoot birds, you probably will stick with a DSLR for lens and convenience reasons.

For other kinds of lenses (normal and short telephoto primes - for portrait and products and macro and journalism and so on), the E-mount has essentially the best lineup of high-end glass right now, even native.
>>
>>2917048
the a7 does 5 fps lol

as for a comparable af system a 5d mkii would do a better job

why are you comparing your meme camera to film, that's just embarrassing

the dials and switches on the a7 are terrible when compared to even a mkii

using adapters is embarrassing, you might as well accept defeat when you start mounting canon glass on your
"superior" camera
>>
>>2917094
>you might as well accept defeat when you start mounting canon glass on your "superior" camera

>yfw canon glass works better on sony than on canon because of in-body IS and lack of back/front-focus issues
>>
>>2917094
> the a7 does 5 fps lol
You were talking about mirrorless cameras in general, not just the A7

Includes the A6300 or A7 II or A7R II and all the other cameras.

> as for a comparable af system a 5d mkii would do a better job
Le epic joke.

> why are you comparing your meme camera to film, that's just embarrassing
I've compared it to both film and DSLR. Puts the oh so horrible battery life into context anyhow.

> using adapters is embarrassing
One should obviously make sure that the Canon logo on the lens matches another Canon logo on the body.

Using the best Sigma / Canon / Nikon / Tamron / Sony / Zeiss / Samyang / Laowa / Meyer Goerlitz / ... glass is just embarrasing.
>>
File: tamron_90macro.jpg (162KB, 1000x624px) Image search: [Google]
tamron_90macro.jpg
162KB, 1000x624px
>>2917144
For make macro photos with Sony A7 what do you think about the Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro?
>>
>>2917670
It's hard do do wrong with a macro lens, 99% of them are good.

Do you have an appropriate adapter though?
>>
>>2917672
There is for sale the model with attachments for sony cameras, not good for Sony A7? I have to use an adapter although the lens are for Sony rooms?
>>
>>2917680
for Sony mirrorless?
>>
>>2917120
you might want to check out the 35 1.4L II on a 5d iii or 6d, nothing sony will achieve for another 6-7 years. there are other 35mm lenses that are engineered just as good or better than the 1.4L II but will never look as good as they do on a 5d iii due to canons algorithms. Sony are just an overkil sensor with shitty lens compatibility, not even Zeiss are managing to build a lens that looks any more than average on a Sony body
>>
>>2917670
Dunno, got the 90mm FE for that. Which is just about the best macro lens out right now anyhow.

But I think that Tamron should work fine too.
>>
>>2917703
> canons algorithms

> 1.Make WB/tint more magenta. Oversaturate a bit and add "vibrance".
> 2.Retarded FF JPEG shooters will now happily pay extra cash for a worse camera, just to get their definitely not neutral colors. They'll even praise worse lenses because they attribute colors to them.
>>
>>2917724
Or he could buy a Nikon and upload a Canon "algorithm" (=picture profile) to it.
>>
>>2917680
Are you having a stroke m8
>>
>>2917703
Why would I care about Canon or Sony's algorithms when I shoot raw and use Adobe ones with both?

>>2917724
I've posted unlabeled image samples for comparison a few times and /p/ could never tell Canon from Nikon or Sony by color.
>>
File: lolwutHorizon.jpg (38KB, 580x379px) Image search: [Google]
lolwutHorizon.jpg
38KB, 580x379px
>>2917680
Are you using Google Translate or something?

Sony A7 series uses Sony FE mount.
That Tamron lens is made only for Sony A mount, Canon EF mount and Nikon F mount. So it won't fit on A7 without an adapter.
>>
>>2916719
a6300 + mc11.
you don't need fool frame to shoot tele.
>>
>>2917779
i think he's on google translate.
>>
>>2917770
Might also work. IDK.

>>2917832
> /p/ could never tell Canon from Nikon or Sony by color
You mean with camera JPEGs on default settings? I'm surprised!
>>
>>2917724
>>2917770
>>2917832
what the fuck
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.