[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>INTERIORS HDR interior /p/hriends, what Photomatix settings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 439684_wookmark.jpg (130KB, 1240x673px) Image search: [Google]
439684_wookmark.jpg
130KB, 1240x673px
>INTERIORS

HDR interior /p/hriends, what Photomatix settings are you using to get the best base results before re importing into LR?

OR, how are you editing your images??

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark II
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC (Macintosh)
PhotographerLorenzo Pennati
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.5
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width6686
Image Height4587
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Compression SchemeUnknown
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution100 dpi
Vertical Resolution100 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2013:10:18 15:31:58
Exposure Time4 sec
F-Numberf/9.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/9.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length24.00 mm
Image Width1800
Image Height977
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2914532
>how are you editing your images??
I'm not using a shit program like Photomatix to make shit tonemapped train wrecks.
>>
Shoot multiple exposures, blend in Photoshop by hand using the aid of luminosity masks and the mask-in-a-mask technique, where each exposure is a smart object able to be adjusted in camera raw.
>>
>>2914534
>not knowing that Photomatix was the industry norm up until fairly recently.
Pay no attention to this anon. Many real estate photographers still use Photomatix because it can do batch processing, which is incredibly useful if you are a "run-n-gun" type who shoots HDR and you have a lot of photos to process. For example, say you're doing multiple jobs in a day--you can load up the batch process queue on your laptop after the first job and let the machine crunch the data while you're on your way to the next job. Major time saver.
>>
>>2914894
This guy speaks the truth.
play with the sliders until you get what you want.
>>
>>2914894
Sounds useful, but as a hobbyist who isn't interested in making money, I prefer to get the best possible result using my tools and skills, not the fastest or more convenient. This is why I >>2914810
>>
>>2914934
Process a few thousand images then see how you feel.
>>
>>2914934
absolutely no bullshit, could you do a thread and a tutorial with your technique? I want to play with doing exposure stacking like that and want to see real word walkthroughs.
>>
File: Lodge.jpg (2MB, 1704x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Lodge.jpg
2MB, 1704x2000px
>>2914532
>>2914532
instead of Photomatix, I get better results with HDR Pro right from Lightroom.
Here's my HDR workflow:
1. In grid view ('G'), select all images for HDR (I usually only do 3 bracket exposures), then go into develop ('D')
2. Make sure Auto Sync is on, so whatever changes you make to one image affects all the images in your selection
3. In Lens Corrections, check "Enable Profile Corrections" and check "Remove Chromatic Aberration" if needed
4. Same section, use the AUTO or the VERTICAL button to see if that straightens your image's verticals. 90% of the time this works perfect for me, otherwise I set it back to off, choose the tab Manual, and manually adjust the image that way making sure to turn on the grid option to align the verticals.
5. Crop and set white balance
6. Return to grid view (G)
7. Here's where the HDR Pro magic happens. Select your images for the HDR, right click, go down the pop up menu to EDIT IN, select "MERGE TO HDR PRO IN PHOTOSHOP"
8. Photoshop will open the images, make sure to select 32 Bit if prompted. It's going to open Camera Raw in photoshop and you will see sliders--DON'T MAKE ADJUSTMENTS TO SLIDERS
9. You'll have to click ok a couple of times in Photoshop while it does its thing to create images.
10. When Photoshop is finished processing image, click EDIT, SAVE, then CLOSE
11. Your HDR will automatically be imported into Lightroom. Now you can go to the Develop module and edit it just like a RAW image. The only thing that won't work is the enable profile corrections (which is why we already did that before we made the HDR).

The downside to this method is you can't batch process, you have to do each image one by one.
HDR is good but if you want better quality images, I encourage you to transition to flash.

PRO TIP: the best place to discuss real estate photography
https://www.flickr.com/groups/photographyforrealestate/
>>
>>2914894

>not knowing that Photomatix was the industry norm up until fairly recently.

And now what is the industry norm?
>>
>>2914944
HDR Pro 32 bit and/or flash exposures
see
>>2914942
>>
>>2914935
Since I'm not a professional, I don't have to do that. I do no more or less images than what I enjoy. If you have to do a few thousand at a time, then maybe Photomatix is for you. That said, there are relatively few people on /p/ who are successful professionals, 9/10 replies will be from a hobbyist and half of the remaining replies will be failed professionals.
>>2914936
Sadly I don't have time, but I'll give you some youtube videos that briefly cover the subject, you should be able to go from here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igNlbo5U80g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNqQdi5iAU4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsKEtREMs_w
>>
>>2914936
Different anon here. Today's your lucky day.
(from Thomas Brigantino's YT chan)
>interior space
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UlvCIRx9Lg
>exterior space
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgDvB6zQ-6c
>light / color adjustments in LAB
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrMghzdAN3E

>>2914949
>implying valid answers only come from hurr durr successful professionals
>implying many hobbyists don't have better gear and more technical knowledge than professionals
>>
>>291509 specifically professional questions can only be accurately answered by experienced professionals in a reliable way...
>>
>>2914942
>>2914944
It's a nice effect!
>>
>>2915120
glad you liked it!
make sure you watch these vids because they show a different technique with lots of tricks and tips
>>2915093
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.