[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wifi extensions for non-Wifi bodies: Does anyone use it? For

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: wirelesssdcards.jpg (34KB, 552x235px) Image search: [Google]
wirelesssdcards.jpg
34KB, 552x235px
Wifi extensions for non-Wifi bodies:
Does anyone use it? For what uses and how do you like it?
What kind of extension do you use, Wifi SD card, that Nikon Wifi plugin thing etc...
If your camera has built-in Wifi how useful is it for you?
So... Wifi. Discuss.
>>
useless shit
>>
>>2914111

I use the hell out of it in conjunction with my fujifilm body that churns out flawless, ready-to-print-or-publish jpegs by the dozen. It's amazing to zap a photo straight to your phone. I've found it less useful for my Nikon.
>>
I use an eyefi card with my Olympus, to beam pictures to my phone. They don't go as I shoot sadly, I have to sit down with both devices, start the camera, find the wifi on my phone, log in, then the transfer happens by itself. Sometimes frustrating if it doesn't automatically start and won't give a reason for why. Not very fast at all as far as file transfer speeds, but much faster than putting the sd card in the computer, then plugging the phone into the computer as well. Image quality is amazing for a phone screen even with just the JPEGs. Raw support seems to be a thing that's slowly moving into this niche workflow.

It would be better if the pictures would transfer as I was shooting, if they could do it over Bluetooth so that I don't have to disconnect my phone from the internet, and if raw support was improved.
>>
>>2914193
I might as well add: if you're shooting JPEGs to transfer wirelessly, you pretty much need to get the perfect in camera. Some people will be more used to this than others. JPEGs already have pretty poor range for adjustment, and that's compounded by the scarce mobile editors of reasonable quality. Things like banding and artifacts seem to come more readily than if I was editing the jpeg on say, Photoshop CC. This is pretty easy with most mirrorless cameras, since your EVF will give you a preview of your JPEG color settings, and I entirely use the live histogram for exposure- I don't trust the meter or auto exposure at all. I set a custom dial to exposure comp at 1/3 stop and my AFL/AEL lock button to just AEL to make getting the perfect histogram as fast as possible. And the results are truly great considering that the entire workflow is a tiny camera and a tiny phone.

And as one last note: wifi JPEGs are fun, fast, easy, and very very cheap if you aren't a torrent fag, but it's not replacement for the sheer quality and flexibility of raw on a full size desktop computer display.
>>
I have one of the nikon chip thingies for my 7100 since i got it used and it was included I havnt used it much and it kinda annoying to connect to the phone (it takes to long)
>>
>>2914243
So Nikons thingy seems more like a workaround device, even more so than a workaround SD card?
Mine has a factory compatibility with the flucard variant, seems like it can do tethering but I still didn't get to actually buy one.
I might do just for the odd family and friends gatherings when I am asked to send the photo over. I hope it won't be too cumbersome.
Why are simple people act so surprised when I tell them I actually have to process a "digital negative"? The reason I got the camera is because it is not an instant camera phone.
>>
>>2914251
You should be able to do that
>>
>>2914111
The built in wifi in my Fuji X-E2 is pretty neat. You can send it to your phone or print directly from an instax share printer. You can edit the raws a bit in playback before sending as well.
>>
Just get a wifi enabled body. Every company does at least one now starting with cheap stuff to the pro lines (except Sony, Fujifilm and LOLympus, they don't have a pro series).
>>
>>2914954
>Hey guys I'm looking at an SD card, what do you know about it?
>Don't get an SD card duuude, buy a WHOLE CAMERA duuuude
Do you proof read your own posts?
>>
I wouldn't mind one, but I could not find any that did not require you to sign up or some cruddy cloud service and install their apps.
>>
>>2914955
Faggot. Sell your shitty non-Wifi body (are you stuck in the 90's?) get a modern body.

You'll be throwing away money with a half-assed, unreliable solution that will sacrifice functionality of having a decent SD card instead.

Don't be so wasteful with your money.

Grow up.
>>
File: Confused-Mel-Gibson.jpg (22KB, 445x322px) Image search: [Google]
Confused-Mel-Gibson.jpg
22KB, 445x322px
>>2914987
>Buy a new camera right now!
>Don't be so wasteful with your money!
>>
>>2914987
I only need one wireless SD card, card #1 is still the good old Sandisk Extreme. Not to mention the wireless also works as a regular SD card.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.