[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, what just happened to my camera or lens? [EXIF data available.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: _DSC2321.jpg (366KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
_DSC2321.jpg
366KB, 1000x563px
Guys, what just happened to my camera or lens?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)35 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width6000
Image Height3376
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:08:30 13:06:24
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/6.3
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating50
Lens Aperturef/6.3
Brightness5.5 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceDaylight
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length35.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1000
Image Height563
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2913921

It looks like you burned your sensor with long exposure aimed on the sun.
>>
>>2913925
I think it was from the lasers
Can this be fixed?
>>
>>2913928

Replace your sensor. You may probably do it yourself with enought skill and patience.
>>
>>2913928
You fix it by buying another camera and being less retarded next time.
>>
>>2913921
It's just resting
>>
>>2913921
Does every photo you take now look like this?
Or was it just this photo?
>>
>>2913921
Consider forwarding to the next month and turning your camera off and on
It's how people fix hot pixels on Sony alphas, if this is a glitch it could possibly fix that too
Looks like you somehow destroyed your sensor
I'm assuming that bright purple thing is the sun
Imagine that on your mirrorless camera, which while capturing has live view on, so sunlight is constantly beaming onto the sensor, if you do it long enough your lens will act like a magnifying glass
And since there's no shutter or mirror in the way, that magnifying glass of a lens just destroys your sensor
I've ruined a point and shoot camera by trying to take too many photos with the sun in frame
>>
>>2913921
pink flare is an indicator light to let you know that the OPerator is a raging homosexual, better known as a flaming faggot
>>
>>2913957
Every photo now :(
>>2913959
Yes that's the sun
I've come to the conclusion that it was the lasers that fucked up my cam.
Hope the warranty covers this...
>>
>>2914001
>Hope the warranty covers this...
Nothing in existence covers the Sony warranty. Consider using a DSLR next time when you go photographing bright point-like light sources.
>>
>>2914001
Don't say shit about lasers to them.
>>
>>2913921
>sony
You got played son, that's what happened
>>
>>2914043
what should I say though? That it just popped up like that out of nowhere one day?
>>
>>2913921
it's a sony.
>>
>>2914039
just get a fooji or olympus.
>>
>>2914051
yes.
>>
>>2914051
Pretty much, because if you mention lasers, it's not covered. That shit's considered misuse/abuse. It's the same no matter what camera company you're talking about so that's one thing that buying a Sony product actually didn't manage to fuck you on.

I will however point out that since the shutters normal position is open, these are a fuckton more susceptible to this kind of damage.
>>
>>2914059
Alright, should I send it without the memory card? I don't think a format will stop them from investigating with data recovery tools.
>>
>>2914069
They wouldn't bother, but never, ever send your memory card in. You *might* get it back, but odds are you won't, and one of the first diagnostic tests is to try to replicate the issue with a different card anyway, so it's no real use to them.
>>
>>2914076
Leave the battery inside?
>>
>>2914077
Have you contacted Sony support yet? Their info should tell you what to send in and what to hold onto.
>>
>>2914078
Nah, gonna do it on 18 september when I move to a different city that has a showroom of the shop from which I bought it
>>
>>2913921
I'm pretty sure the sensor is corroded. It happens on Sony cameras and is entirely not covered by the warranty.
Your best bet is to buy a new camera, preferably something that doesn't have "Sony" written on it.
>>
File: 1472551972860.jpg (82KB, 499x563px) Image search: [Google]
1472551972860.jpg
82KB, 499x563px
>>2913921
i fixed your camera, op.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.16
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)35 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:08:31 02:46:37
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/6.3
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating50
Lens Aperturef/6.3
Brightness5.5 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceDaylight
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length35.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width499
Image Height563
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
They're going to ask you if you pointed it at the sun for long periods or lasers, etc... so you're gonna have to commit fraud if you say "no" to that.
>>
>>2913921
I know I might seem crass saying this...

If you aren't such a pleb that you don't understand how the scene will look like in the picture, you don't need an EVF.

Anytime you use flash, or strobes, your EVF will not help you.

if you're serious as a 'tog and going to be mildly abusing your gear ("normal working use" outside of studio snoozefags) you need something with more abuse tolerance than Sony products. Fuji is an okay step up but you're stuck in the crop sensor chute forever.

Nikon is going to be scrambling to find a sensor manufacturer and desperately putting together a sensor good enough because Sony dumped their ass to inflate themselves and won't give them sensors anymore (D5 has banding issues and quite noisy).

Buy a Canon, and never look back.
>>
>>2914708
>Buy a Canon, and never look back.
I sure you meant buying a K-1.
>>
>>2914708
Nikon is going to be scrambling to find a sensor manufacturer and desperately putting together a sensor good enough because Sony dumped their ass to inflate themselves and won't give them sensors anymore

Don't start this baseless rumor again, Sony's revenue from sensor sales to OEMs eclipses their profits from their in-house camera division by orders of magnitude. No way are they going to give that up. The product that was dumped in the wake of Kumamoto was a camera module, ostensibly an integrated, modular product intended for smartphones. They're not going to shoot themselves in the face by limiting sales in their most profitable sector. There's no evidence to support the rumor, anyway.

Besides, Nikon's top-level bodies usually use sensors that were designed partially or completely in-house anyway.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.