[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm taking photos of a wrestling gig tomorrow. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

I'm taking photos of a wrestling gig tomorrow. I've never done anything quite like it. Mostly only do still/model stuff as opposed to sports.

Any tips and stuff about what settings to use etc.?

Shooting on a canon 7D

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D700
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS4 Macintosh
PhotographerDak Dillon
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern970
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)160 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2012:02:06 11:48:59
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating6400
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length160.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width940
Image Height641
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2911986
>>2911986
>Shooting on a canon 7D
which lenses do you have, faggot?
Do you have speedlites?
>>
>>2912051
Can you even use speedlights for wrestling?
>>
Wrestler here. Unless the gig requires you to have pictures that are crazy beautiful don't worry about it. When I went to my state championships we just gave our stat girls (fancy name for girls we shagged after the match) shitty digital cameras and the pictures turned out fine. Don't over think it.
>>
>>2912176
learn to HSS, bitch
>>
Get test shots beforehand because lighting can be tricky. Fast shutter speed; high ISO, though I often had trouble shooting indoor sports when I had a 7D because ISO went to shit after 1600. 70-200mm at f/2.8. Shutter speed and ISO will depend on the lighting. Servo AF and center point. You need to be low to the ground.

This early in the season, you're likely shooting a tournament. It might be hard to set up near the subject you want. It just depends on the venue. If it's a high school gym, there will likely be six mats and bleachers close to the action, which could limit the outskirt areas for and shooting positions. If it's in a convention-type arena, there's almost always plenty of room to shoot, but you won't be able to get close access to any of the center mats.

Duals can be fun to shoot. I used to work in sports information, and all of our home duals were in the gym but only lit mostly with overhead spotlights. It's popular at a lot of schools, but some just keep all the lights on. If you're shooting a duals event, you might consider an 85mm lens to better deal with lower light and because you're likely going to be locked into shooting from one position.

It's almost a given you won't be able to use a speedlight and there won't be strobes. Find out the event's policy beforehand.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.