[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please help comprehend this shooting direction board i received

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: models.png (738KB, 1636x1168px) Image search: [Google]
models.png
738KB, 1636x1168px
Please help comprehend this shooting direction board i received as a sort of preperation for a photoshoot taking place this upcoming weekend. I've done similar works for this client but this time he is bringing in better models and I really want to make a good job. Today I will be rigging light, perhaps post some of it later if interest exist, see if you think its an alright setup.. ?

Shooting feeling 27/28/8
Strong persona, intelligent and witty
Intimate
Ease
Chic
Angles: front, sides, walking, sitting, details
Light: strong and fresh
Usage: webshop looks / pr / social media

How would you prepare for this? Im using Canon 5D MIII, 24-105 4.0, three big softboxes, create soft big fresh light, slight cold WB. tiny inc contast and bit lowered sat, white backdrop. alot of different full body angles and then a few closeups. extras by the end in BW and experimented with natural light..?

Judging by his referal images, he wants a look similar to the clothing brand Cos.. clean lines modern chic.. hoping I can achieve similar results.. but a bit afraid I need to have studio light but also another department with natural light to mix a bit.. but same allround WB and seamless fresh/quality like images. What are your thoughts? Pic related those are the models
>>
these are some of his referral images, the expression he seeks in the images.. would you say its mixed studio and natural light? i kind of feel that way and might establish two grounds..
>>
>>2911180
>light cold WB. tiny inc contast and bit lowered sat
If you're shooting in raw, why wouldn't you just auto white balance and leave contrast and saturation on zero?
>extras by the end in BW
Are you saying you want to get black & white in camera instead of in post? I wish you didn't communicate in abbreviations and shorthand so I could understand you better.
How are you placing your softboxes?
Are you shooting in a studio or outside?
What trigger system do you use?
>>
looks like a single light with subject close to the background, lighting technicalities is pretty simple

the hard part would be directing the models to convey what you client wants
>>
single light above and probably 45 degrees to the side or above the camera for some shots. white wall far enough behind that gets some light falloff to make it grey instead of pure white.

directing your models will be the most important part
>>
I'm reading that style sheet as Modern youthful but minimalist. I'd light it as the B&W shot knowing I can play around in post to get the shot to look like the second one.

As almost always, I don't think the client knows 100% what they want, get it in the ball park and play around with a few frames.
>>
>Strong persona, intelligent and witty
Book in hand, lit pipe in hand, sitting in a rocking chair
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.