[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT the masterclass in 28mm focal length I'll Start..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

ITT the masterclass in 28mm focal length

I'll Start..

Garry Winogrand.
>>
File: ERWITT SPAIN.jpg (133KB, 960x643px) Image search: [Google]
ERWITT SPAIN.jpg
133KB, 960x643px
can this just be a street classics thread?
>>
File: klein-kid-gun.jpg (59KB, 488x660px) Image search: [Google]
klein-kid-gun.jpg
59KB, 488x660px
>>2910280

Erwitt is not really a masterclass in 28mm

William Klein is one of them too
>>
28mm is basically the worst focal length.
>>
>>2910284

who cares. your focal length thread is stupid.
>>
>>2910285
>>2910285
The 28mm focal length is a fabulous and should be more appreciated
>>
>>2910287

nah, you're just saying that because you don't own a 24 or wider.

28mm is smartphone tier. utter pleb. it's too wide for normal, not wide enough for wide angle.
>>
>>2910285
except it's pretty much universally regarded as the standard wide angle focal length.
>>
>>2910289

Standard, plebeian, pedestrian. Pick your poison, friend.
>>
>>2910287
I agree. It's that wide angle look for when going 21mm just isn't appropriate, but a 50mm is never gonna do.
>>
>>2910292
Do you mean is that the 28 is about as wide as you get before it's too wide and starts to mess with perspective too much?

That's the main reason I'm using 28mm besides habit.
>>
>>2910288
24 is GOAT.
>>
>>2910296
i prefer 31mm pham
>>
>>2910296
Exactly. It doesn't have that crazy distorted look of a uwa, where 24 is just starting to touch that.
>>
File: lubezkiphotos.jpg (60KB, 599x398px)
lubezkiphotos.jpg
60KB, 599x398px
Emmanuel Lubezki uses 28mm

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
PhotographerFazrin Affendi
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>2910307

yeah, and it was super duper distracting in The Revenant.
>>
>>2910307
>this by the book muh thirds composition

yawn.
>>
>>2910310
>thinks that's "by the book"
>tries to project superiority
>>
>>2910307
>Emmanuel Lubezki
the wall just got 10 feet taller.
pls post more poo-in-loo brown QT 3.14s
>>
>>2910288
24 is indeed more expensive for plebs like me.
anyway,
>28 on 1.5 crop.
>>
I have a 28mm 2.8 fd lens and it's so needle sharp it'll make you cum buckets.
>>
>>2910337
>TFW /p/ol/ master race
>>
Besides Based Garry, Bruce Gilden and Daido are into 28mm, although they've used wider too (but so did Winogrand apparently, he'd switch to keep it fun).

I love 28mm. I find 35mm easier to compose with and a bit more versatile but really, I can (and do) shoot either as my only lens for everything.
>>
>arguing about whether a focal length is "good' or not

jesus christ. this is like gearfagging but taking it to absurd, new levels

>HAHA I bet you painters use the color VIOLET, you're such plebs. I only use blue and red, violet is just stupid.
>wow you faggot, purple is great because its not too warm like red, but not too cold like blue.
>hurr look at all these paintings that have used the color PURPLE, that makes it GOOD
>>
>>2910792

You actual like focal length isn't one of the most crucial factors in a photograph.

You need to start thinking about your art on a higher level, kiddo.
>>
>>2910795
Right.. Focal length is crucial. This is why I use a zoom lens most of the time - the ability to micro-adjust my focal length to exactly what the image needs. I don't think about 24 vs 28, this isn't the dark ages anymore. I use either 24 or 28 or anything in depending on each and every shot, rather than simply buying into the idea of a focal length and letting that guide my art and hold my hand.

Not that anon btw, I can just see that you're full of shit and I personally enjoy it.
>>
Everyone knows 42mm is the true partician focal length
>>
Every time I see a "muh zooms" post I think of some kid working at McDonalds who can't afford a prime lens so they still use the kit zoom.
>>
>>2910810
Primes are cheaper than zooms. Only retarded consumers buy kit lenses. I'm guessing you're not a photographer and just came here to shitpost?
>>
>>2910811

Sure a bazooka tube sized zoom is more expensive.
>>
>>2910795
the point flew over your head. try reading my post again
>>
>>2910824

It didn't fly over my head, it was just a stupid point and an inapt analogy.
>>
>>2910287
on aps-c, maybe. for 35mm format I don't see anything special
>>
wtf this thread, please keep posting old streets!

28mm is a nice range, 24mm is perfect but too wide. 35mm is the true master. Get over your shit, I want photos!!!
>>
>>2910806
>zoomshit peasant

Be quiet boy, grown-ups are talking.
>>
>>2910806
>checks exif of LR catalogue
>50% are at 70mm
>30% are at 24mm
>remainder are at nonsense random lengths inbetween
Everyone knows how zoompeasants operate, m80.
>>
File: 20140809022550-ex-ph-winogrand.jpg (226KB, 1000x672px) Image search: [Google]
20140809022550-ex-ph-winogrand.jpg
226KB, 1000x672px
>>2910863

:^)
>>
>>2910337

Go back to your containment board until you learn how to interact with other people without being an autistic retard.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.