[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /p/ I don't really come to this board alot, so forgive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: CanonPowerShotSX400Top.jpg (467KB, 800x504px) Image search: [Google]
CanonPowerShotSX400Top.jpg
467KB, 800x504px
Hello /p/
I don't really come to this board alot, so forgive me if im breaking some kind of rule.
I currently have a Canon PowerShot SX400 IS and its kinda ass. One of the things I noticed is that if there isn't enough light, photos come out really grainy and blurry to the point where I could have just used my smartphone. Got it for like 90 dollars on Black Friday a few years back and was wondering if adding additional lense to it will improve its picture quality?
Or am I wasting my time and should just buy a new camera....?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D3200
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.3
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern966
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)60 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width3008
Image Height2000
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2014:10:01 10:43:49
Exposure Time1/15 sec
F-Numberf/18.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/18.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length40.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width800
Image Height504
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2908560
the sensor on that camera is fucking tiny, mobile phones probably have bigger sensors now

you are prob wasting your time with it

it doesnt have interchangeable lenses, you wanna get a dslr or mirrorless for that

but id learn to use that camera properly first, aperture, shutter speed, exposure etc before you spend money on a new one
>>
>>2908560
your camera is about as shit as your thread, but as >>2908564 pointed out, it's not like you know enough about photography to justify buying something decent.
so delete this shit thread, lurk more, and try to get some decent pics off that garbage camera before you go and shell out on the latest fad in camera technology
>>
>>2908564
>>2908575

>but id learn to use that camera properly first, aperture, shutter speed, exposure etc before you spend money on a new one
Look dude, I just want a camera where I can point at things and it takes high quality pictures. I don't need to learn all this other crap you listed just to do that. You are making it sound like it requires all these extra steps and experience lol
>>2908575
When I bought the camera in the OP it was already outdated so I don't understand what you mean "shell out for latest camera fad".
>>
>>2908604
take your thread and fuck off mate

why are you here if you arent interested in photography

use your fucking mobile phone to get point and shoot pics if thats all you want
>>
>>2908604
> I don't need to learn all this other crap you listed just to do that. You are making it sound like it requires all these extra steps and experience lol

You're being a solid 10/10 diphshit, diphshit. Anything worth talking about needs skill and patience, since you're this much of a lazy fuckwad, delete your thread and lurk the fuck more.

>was wondering if adding additional lense to it will improve its picture quality?

I think this is bait, it's got to be bait.
>>
>>2908560

buy yourself a nice canon lens for it and your pics will be much better
>>
>>2908608
>>2908609
Dude, just tell me a few camera that work well and spare me the lecture. I don't have time to waste listening about dumb crap or pretending to be world's greatest photographers. TL;DR I want a camera, not a lecture from a washed up film student.
>>
dont listen to these plebs. paint the camera black but be careful with lens. also try turning off noise reduction in the menu and try different sharpness settings
>>
File: 12d.jpg (57KB, 567x561px)
12d.jpg
57KB, 567x561px
>>2908608
>>2908609
Jesus all I asked was a simple question
>Anything worth talking about needs skill and patience
This is photography were talking about m8...I know this is your hobby but its not hard to do. Like at all. Any one can take breath taking photos as long as the subject is interesting and the photo of great quality.
>>
>>2908616
>pretending to be someone else in a thread
Creepy, but also something I would have said any way.
>>
just buy one of the L series lenses from canon and you'll get great photos don't listen to all the haters OP they're just projecting
>>
>>2908616
Iphone, now fuck off you thick cunt

>>2908619
It seems it's hard for you to choose a camera at this seemingly "simple" hobby. I bet you're one of those insufferable indecisive shitheads that asks people at the table about what to have for dinner at a restuarant.
>>
>>2908619
if its so simple figure out what camera you need yourself dickhead

go to google and type in point and shoot camera, and select one in your price range, then take your shitty pictures with it
>>
>>2908622
I'm sorry, did I stutter? Is there an echo in here?
>>2908662
>>2908628
Dude, don't be so bitter and unhelpful. If your world revolves around photography and lecturing the girls with nose rings and purple hair at Starbucks about the good ol' days of 35mm film and how much you admire the French for cinema noir, well, I feel sorry for you. All I wanted was three or four recommendations for a replacement camera that can take awesome photos without needing a PhD degree in film faggotry to use it. But looking around this board, you people are living in the past, bragging about shooting film instead of digital, and generally being a bunch of autistic poor fags living in your mother's basement.
>>
>>2908691
You're a bitch. Fucking read the sticky and do some googling on your own.
>>
>>2908691
cool guy
>>
>>2908691
No one mentioned a word about film you utter fucking cretin.

Can the janitors lock and sweep this shit away already?
>>
What you have is one of those ultrazoom cameras. They suck because they combine the disadvantages of a tiny sensor and slow lens. Buy something with a faster lens and completely ignore anything with 30x zoom or any such absurd number.
Have a look at - from cheapest to most expensive:
Canon Powershot G15 - 1/1.8" sensor, f/1.8 lens
Ricoh GR - /p/'s favorite, APS-C sensor, f/2.8
Fuji X100T - APS-C, f/2.0 + really nice viewfinder
>>
>>2908706
Dude you're wasting your time... thats too much technical knowledge, OP just wants "cool pics" and doesn't want to bother with all that shit. What don't you get?
>>
>>2908706
why even try and help this bag of dicks when he is ignorant and does not even help himself
>>
>>2908691
Stop pretending to be me, even though your post is something matter of factly I would have said eventually.
>>
>>2908706
Thanks a lot I really appreciate it. And to prevent that one weirdo that keeps pretending to be me from posting and making those other obnoxious fags angry, this will be my very last post in the thread. Good bye.
>>
>>2908706
I don't need a goddamn laundry list of shit to research, just tell me which one I should get

My price range is $200-900
>>
>>2908560
i have a powershot sx50 and its incredibly clear. have no idea why yours would be any different
>>
>>2910771
maybe because it's a xs400?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.