[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I would like to buy a "new" SLR. I am currently using

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1471561807083.jpg (275KB, 688x800px) Image search: [Google]
1471561807083.jpg
275KB, 688x800px
I would like to buy a "new" SLR. I am currently using ZENIT 11.
Which would you recommend?
I am looking at this Nikon EM, is it ok? I also like Nikon FM3 or F3.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSIGMA
Camera ModelSIGMA DP1 Merrill
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.14
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)28 mm
Focal Length Range19
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution180 dpi
Vertical Resolution180 dpi
Image Created2016:01:27 10:20:40
Exposure Time0.3 sec
F-Numberf/7.1
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating200
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length19.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width688
Image Height800
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Unique Image ID3030333132323837DB9FA85634334238
ResolutionHI
Exposure ModeA
Metering ModeA
Exposure5/15467
Contrast-1.0
Shadow1
Highlight-1.1
Saturation0.9
Sharpness1.0
Fill Light1.0
Color Adjustment12601/1296517459
Adjustment Mode0.2752
>>
File: 1470540474687.jpg (652KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1470540474687.jpg
652KB, 1500x1000px
>>2907926

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D700
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.6 (Windows)
PhotographerJORGE MARTORELL
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern778
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)55 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:07:24 17:05:11
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/11.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/11.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length55.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2907926
Oh wow, yet another useless cunt.
>>
>>2907926
There's the gear thread, and then there's the FGT thread (the film general).

Use those accordingly.

If you're stuck on film I suggest buying the MOST OBNOXIOUS KING BEST film camera you can, like the Pentax LX or Nikon f3,f4 or Canon F-1 or new F-1.
>>
>>2907926
>Nikon EM, FM3, F3
Those are all totally different cameras in totally different price brackets. What exactly are you looking for?
>>
>>2907996

>most obnoxious king best
>babby's first format

get out

OP get a Nikon FM or an FE2 and be done with it, get the seals done and get the holy trinity 35 f2, 50 1.4, and 85 f2.
>>
>>2908014
Basically this. I actually shoot on an F3 model although with SLRs I wouldn't worry as much about th brand/model of the camera as much as you would when it comes to a DSLR. When it comes to the technical side, I'd be more concerned with your type of film and the ISO you're shooting at
>>
File: 10_out_of-ten.jpg (98KB, 368x473px) Image search: [Google]
10_out_of-ten.jpg
98KB, 368x473px
>Nikon EM
kek
>>
>>2907926
I currently own a Nikkormat EL which I would not recommend as it takes N-Ai lenses however I find the EM is even worse as it is stuck in aperture priority mode so if you want to adjust exposure you will probably have to do weird things with the exposure lock.

I am partial to the FM2 as they are pretty rugged and you can use a respectable amount of lenses with them.
for comparability it is difficult to pass up the Nikon F4 which has huge compatibility and if you only need the body isn't too expensive.

In short tell us exactly what you are thinking of photographing and we may be able to narrow down a camera for you.
>>
>>2908014
On both fe and fm you can literally mount any lens ever while on fe2/fm2 you basically only get 1/4000 shutter speed more (which I don't know how much of and advantage is this with, say, ektar 100 or the generally low asa film you want to shoot...) and gives you no native support for non-ai lenses (depending on the lens, you may not want to just butcher the lens in order to use it, unless it's a random 50 1.8, that is).
Although the fe can go up to who knows what speed in aperture priority.

>>2908232
f4 is really fuckhueg tho, majority of those who think they can get a pro body of the past for pennies usually leave it on their desk.
At that point I would rather get an f100, it's still rather big but at least you can even use the VR on modern lenses.

And yeah the Nikon EM is basically an ante litteram coolpix lol, it was even nicknamed "the Nikon for women" at Nikon back in the days, only a braindead retard would get it, given all them great bodies Nikon made that you can get for next to nothing nowadays.
>>
If you want extra money to spend on lenses/flashes/etc. look into pentax p3 or p3n. They're dirt cheap and use k mount so there's a ton of lenses for them that are cheap as well.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.