[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Canonet ql17 iii or the Minolta hi-matic 7sii (or something from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Canon-Canonet-QL17.jpg (64KB, 600x403px) Image search: [Google]
Canon-Canonet-QL17.jpg
64KB, 600x403px
Canonet ql17 iii or the Minolta hi-matic 7sii (or something from that range)

Cant afford a leica, would like a Minolta CLE but for now to get into rangefinder film cameras, I would like to start around one of these...

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS2 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2014:08:19 16:15:50
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width600
Image Height403
>>
dont bother with that trash

if you cant afford a leica just get a bessa
>>
>>2903678

Seconded. I love these, and have half a dozen different models of Jap rangefinder of this type and age, including a Canonet and two Minoltas (a 7s and a 9).
The age of them will require you being VERY lucky to find even one that is partially/mostly working without a full CLA, and a full CLA will cost almost as much as a used Bessa. Buying six Canonets to find the one working one in the group will cost far more.
The electronics are just are not that reliable anymore either, and most dont have full manual modes.

Get a Bessa. They rock. I used to rock a Leica with a badly dented top plate I paid very little for as well.
>>
>>2903664
That canon is often ridiculously overpriced.
Get a Konica Auto S3 or S2. Both great rangefinders with excellent lenses you can still get for cheap if you look around. The S2 is a bit bigger but has an incredibly sharp lens to compensate (just look up old reviews).

Or just get a Bessa like previous anons suggested if you want interchangeable lenses.
>>
O L Y M P U S X A
>>
>>2903826
It's cool but also prone to breaking and the rangefinder patches tend to be dim. You can occasinally find them for very cheap though.

I bought a Minolta 7S as a present to my gf who wanted a smaller camera to not have to carry an slr all the time. It's just as big or bigger. No idea of the image quality, it still has an unfinished test roll in it.

My recommendation would actually be to look at FSU rangefinders. I shoot a Fed 2 quite a bit and really enjoy it. No slow shutter speeds though.
>>
The canonet is OK, it's built well and easy to use the lens is incredible. 2 things though, the rangefinder patch is shit and the battery issue is as well.

It takes nice pics and I got mine for 45£, I'm thinking of selling it. Also vouching for the bessa, it's a beast.
>>
All of you Bessa recommenders, which models do you recommend? Also would it make sense to get one with the M39 screwmount or M-mount? Let's say I want to shoot a 35mm 95% of the time and UWA sometimes.
>>
File: image.jpg (111KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 800x600px
>>2903845
Y-yes, but what about that fucksharp 35mm f2.8 Zuiko, anon-san?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeApple
Camera ModeliPhone
Camera SoftwareVSCO
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)29 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:08:07 16:06:00
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/2.2
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating32
Lens Aperturef/2.2
Brightness4.4 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length4.15 mm
CommentEdited with Afterlight
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3264
Image Height2448
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2903905
Who cares about the lens sharpness if you can't get it in focus? Or if the camera breaks?
Just saying, you're looking at things backwards. Try first finding a good, usable camera, and then deciding whether the lens is sharp enough for your uses.
>>
>>2903905
I dunno, mine isn't fucksharp but actually quite soft, especially wide open. My Mju II is clearly a lot sharper. I even checked if the rangefinder was misaligned but it was bang on. Oh well. I've still shot a lot with it, actually I was out today shooting slide film with it.

I covered the logo with black griptape on mine as well. Bretty cool.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.