[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's a good mid ranged starter camera between the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Z-sony-a6000-onHand.jpg (108KB, 1024x627px) Image search: [Google]
Z-sony-a6000-onHand.jpg
108KB, 1024x627px
what's a good mid ranged starter camera between the price of 400-1000?
>>
>>2897051
The Gear Thread FU-M8
>>
Nikon D40
>>
>>2897051
Gear thread! Go there faggot
>>
>>2897141
This
>>
>>2897051
xt10
>>
Any X series camera and lens. Fuck Sony, get you an actual decent setup. X-E1 with a 35 1.4.
>>
>>2897331
this, later get the newer fuji 35mm and you're set
>>
>>2897051
Well, let me explain this all simple like so you can understand.

Fuji, as far as professionals go, works. It's got great color and character, the camera looks decent and is actually approachable for models, and they have amazing lenses. Especially at their price range.

Now let's take a step back an realize something. Coming from a broadcast professional- someone who's shot on cameras that cost dozens and dozens of thousands of dollars, Fuji makes some of the best broadcast lenses. Some of those ranging up to a million dollars a piece. And, they're unbeatable. Though, not a lot of people on /p/ actually know what they're talking about with premium quality lenses.

And as far as quality goes- Fuji makes several thousand dollar bodies for Hassleblad. Couple that with the million dollar broadcast lenses, and you've got a pretty good record there.

One last point is that they make stunning binoculars. And while it's not directly related to photography, glass is glass. I forget what exact model it is, but it's considered one of the best optics money can buy.

Fuji put all of this knowledge into a consumer/prosumer level price point with their X series, and they blew it out of the water.

I use my xf cameras every fucking day in my professional video/photo life. Moreso than any of my cameras that cost literally ten times more.

Though, again, I know most of you can't really say that for yourselves.
>>
>>2897051
a6300 or a7
>>
>>2897353
>xe1
haha no.
slow as fuck liveview in low light.
totally useless.
>>
>>2897051
Pentax K-S2 or K-70
>>
>>2897051
olympus omd em10 II
canon rebel T6i
fuji xt10
nikon d3300
>>
>>2897360
Blah blah blah. You think anyone really fucking cares?
>>
>>2897360
I read this whole post in Angry Photographer's voice.
>>
File: DenshaDeD_ch01p16-17.png (328KB, 1353x976px) Image search: [Google]
DenshaDeD_ch01p16-17.png
328KB, 1353x976px
D5300 18/300mm
good luck and enjoy it
>>
>>2897353
I bought an xe1 and returned it. Slow, unresponsive, glitchy camera. Great detail if that's all you care about.
>>
stick to canon and nikon if you plan on updating cameras of the DSLR style.

good lenses that you will be able to use even when you upgrade your body and the best resell value.
>>
>>2897051

Ricoh GR.
>>
>>2899181

meme camera ftw
>>
>>2897360
neat, i like fuji but the X series stuff is out of my range,
>broke hobbist
>>
>>2897377
when did you shoot a Fuji X in low light?

>>2898513
nothing glitchy about it, it does what you tell it to do. Slow in regard to what?
>>
>>2901826
Mine didn't. Slow in everything- autofocus, delay on any button press, waiting for it to do things like turn on and off and review images. Other cameras don't have problems like these. Glitchy in that my sample often did unexplainable things and occasionally froze completely until i removed the battery. Google suggests that it wasn't just my copy, it's just a hell of a camera. The xe2 is supposed to fix all this but it costs twice as much for a camera that's otherwise nearly identical.
>>
Get a used d7100
>>
>>2901832
To me the shutter lag is the only thing that might bother me, but you can plan it in if you really have to. Apart from that my camera didn't ever do anything you mention. The AF really is slow, but I prefer using it with manual lenses anyway, so if focus fails it's my fault.
XE2 has digital split image for manual focus.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.