[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/gear/ Thread - Anime edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 51

File: 142197963000201.jpg (247KB, 794x525px) Image search: [Google]
142197963000201.jpg
247KB, 794x525px
old one reached BUMP limit.

Anime edition.

Anything about Lenses, Cameras, mounts, Systems, buying, pricing, selling, etc. GOES IN HERE!

Do not attempt to make a new thread for your new DSRR, broken grass, and being new.
No pointless (brand) arguments and dickwaving allowed! You have been warned! Just questions, answers and advice!

I repeat, ANYTHING GEAR RELATED goes in here!

And don't forget, be polite!

Old Thread: >>2891773

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwarePicsArt Photo Studio
PhotographerCreated by soulbetul.picsart.com
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width794
Image Height525
Image OrientationUnknown
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2014:07:04 22:24:30
Comment{"msource":{"from":"Gallery"}}
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width0
Image Height0
>>
first for buy a Sony A7RII and A6300 today!
>>
File: 1389124998314.gif (832KB, 542x390px) Image search: [Google]
1389124998314.gif
832KB, 542x390px
>>2895302
>not even holding her eye up to the viewfinder
>pentax users
>>
File: kiyoshimachine-01[1].jpg (197KB, 640x502px) Image search: [Google]
kiyoshimachine-01[1].jpg
197KB, 640x502px
red pill me on the Bentax 67.
>>
What would you recommend for 35mm FL and why? Leica M4 (M4-P/M4-2) or M2?
>>
>>2895314
FL?
>>
>>2895314
Bessa R2.
Nikon F2+ * Zeiss Distagon.
>>
>>2895317
Focal length. I'm looking for a 35mm film camera that has frame lines for 35mm lenses.

>>2895318
I already own a Bessa, but the fact that it never hangs vertically is driving me crazy. Looking for a rangefinder, so no Nikon F2.
>>
>>2895319
anon, why didn't you just say you were looking for a rangefinder that adjusts itself based on the focal length of the lens. literally no one knew what you were talking about.
>>
File: the jew knows .jpg (636KB, 1073x1073px) Image search: [Google]
the jew knows .jpg
636KB, 1073x1073px
>>2895319
Well, that's what I'd recommend for that focal length buddy.

It's not my fault that you're a gigantic faggot who cares how a camera looks hanging below his neckbeard. All that should matter with how it hangs, is how it hangs from your hand when you shoot it.
Honestly, sync speed/shutter speed trump aesthetics in the film world.

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-Pro2
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.4 (Windows)
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)53 mm
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:08:03 17:42:48
Exposure Time1/80 sec
F-Numberf/1.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/1.0
Brightness-5.7 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length35.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2895321
True, my post wasn't very specific. Sorry for that.

It doesn't have to adjust itself, I have no problem setting the framelines according to the focal length manually as I have to do on my Bessa.

>>2895322
I know you're right, that's why I also keep looking for the side grip.
>>
File: LPD_M.png (357KB, 291x587px) Image search: [Google]
LPD_M.png
357KB, 291x587px
Should I get an old Canon full frame or should I sit around with my 350D for several more years until Canon releases their FF mirrorless and the prices drop on further on the old models?
>>
>>2895324
You could also just attach a vertical strap/tripod screw strap lug if you really cared.
Why spend money on an entirely new camera just to hang a strap vertical? It's hands down one of the dumbest gearfag things I've seen this year. Congratulations.
>>
>>2895325
5Div coming out this month

once it does 5Diii prices will plummet. optimum time to get one.
>>
>>2895327
I like the feeling and function of the 1d series better though.
>>
File: 71580640083.jpg (177KB, 640x863px)
71580640083.jpg
177KB, 640x863px
Are m4/3 cameras really a meme?

I'm interested in buying a used one for cheap because a friend is selling me her pen epl7 with kit since she already has a fuji xt10.

I have old nikkor AI (135mm 3.5) and om glass (50mm 1.8) that I plan to use on them with an adapter. With this is a metabones adapter worth it? Or will an ordinary dumb adapter suffice?

I used to have a nikon d90 until I was kind of force to sell it earlier this year to further fund my start up small business. I tried the pen and it seems that it offer an image quality comparable to my old d90. I would use it as my daily carry camera and also from time to time as a video camera.

thanks in advance /gear/

Camera SoftwarePicsArt
Photographeraniplex
Image OrientationUnknown
Horizontal Resolution640 dpi
Vertical Resolution863 dpi
Comment{"effects":["Color eye"],"msource":{"from":"gallery"},"misc":["text"],"tools":["colors"]}
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width640
Image Height863
>>
>>2895326
You might be getting me wrong. I want the camera to hang vertically, but not the strap attached to one side. The camera always hangs with the lens pointing upwards pushing the hotshoe into my ribs. I guess the lens is not heavy enough.
>>
>>2895325
Never wait for new models unless they've already been announced. This goes for everything. You'll always want the new model more.

>>2895327
>ancient sensor
>bad autophocus
>it has the old canon characteristic of awful low light performance due to colorbanding
New digital cameras have come a long way, especially Canon. I wouldn't recommend getting an older Canon.
>>
>>2895330
That depends entirely on what you're shooting.

The 2x crop factor makes them pretty bad for adapting older lenses unless you really love tele lengths. ISO performance is usually pretty poor in the upper ranges, If you don't mind sinking money into m43 lenses and you shoot a lot in available light, then they're fine.

If the lens doesn't require electronics for aperture control, then a regular dumb adapter will suffice. Bear in mind that 50 1.8 becomes a 100mm on 135 eqv, and the 135mm becomes a telelicious 270mm eqv.
>>
>>2895334
>Never wait for new models unless they've already been announced

I'm really not waiting on anything except for the prices to lower on the old models. I'm not looking at the 1DX MkI or the MkII. I'm thinking of getting the 1Ds MkII or the MkIII

I want to get the best camera for my money as I'm going to be using it for several years.
>>
>>2895327
>>2895337
>once it does 5Diii prices will plummet. optimum time to get one.
Beware, gearfags never want to sell their gear at a low price. I regularly see people trying to sell older DSLR's for hundreds above the asking price. You gotta invest your skill points into bartering if you want to get those deals.

>I want to get the best camera for my money
Usually that comes with setting a maximum price you're willing to spend and scouting the used market at the time to get a bargain.
As with all things camera related, it depends entirely on what you'll use it for, only shooting stills, not sports, not low light stuff? An older camera will perform fine assuming you're not a drooling idiot.

If you need low light performance, autofocus, video, specific accessory compatibility then you'll be pushed into a specific camera.
Look at what you NEED, what's out there and match it up accordingly.
>>
Looking for advice on a first zoom lens for someone looking to start wildlife photography.

Is there a better alternative to the Canon 100-400mm and a 1.4 III extender for even remotely similar price?

Seems like anything above that for similar quality it jumps straight to high end 8k+ glass

I've always been a bit phobic about anything slower than 2.8 which is why I was initially going to go for the 70-200 but I can't imagine me using it other than outside during the day.
>>
>>2895336
>That depends entirely on what you're shooting.

I plan on using them for my product photography (I have a small online retail business), street photography, taking photos of my family and friends, short videos, and as a travel camera. Like a camera I can bring daily as well. My other cameras are film cameras (Nikon F90x, Olympus OM-1 and Fujica half frame)

>The 2x crop factor makes them pretty bad for adapting older lenses unless you really love tele lengths. ISO performance is usually pretty poor in the upper ranges, If you don't mind sinking money into m43 lenses and you shoot a lot in available light, then they're fine.

Yeah that's one of the negative factors that I read about m4/3. I do shoot it indoor at iso 1600 and it seems fine. I'm not a pixel peeper though.

>If the lens doesn't require electronics for aperture control, then a regular dumb adapter will suffice. Bear in mind that 50 1.8 becomes a 100mm on 135 eqv, and the 135mm becomes a telelicious 270mm eqv.

My old manual nikkor an om glass have aperture control. However, I am kind of sold out on speed boosters like it increases the aperture and it makes the lens only like a 1.45x crop factor. Is it not worth it then?
Actually I would prefer a more wider angle lens like 35mm on FF. Won't I have a choice with this then?
Oh and another thing, I saw an old OM 50mm f3.5 macro glass that I want to use with this pen? Will it make this lens a 1:1 macro ratio since it is already a 100mm focal length due to the crop?
>>
>>2895349
It's more than likely perfectly fine for what you needIf you're used to shooting film, then you're used to shooting low ISO or indoors :^) Pair it up with a flash and you'll be fine for that stuff. If you're used to manually focusing then you'll also be fine.

>Actually I would prefer a more wider angle lens like 35mm on FF. Won't I have a choice with this then?
Just divide whatever focal length you're used to in half and you'll see the lens you need. I know there's a couple of lolympus 17mm lenses that are 35mm eqv. There's a few wide angle-ish equivalents out for M43. http://www.four-thirds.org/en/microft/single.html You can also probably find better sites and I'm sure there's other MF M43 lenses by samyang etc available.
>I saw an old OM 50mm f3.5 macro glass that I want to use with this pen? Will it make this lens a 1:1 macro ratio since it is already a 100mm focal length due to the crop?
If the lens is 1:1 repro, then ye it'd be a 100mm eqv macro lens.

If your choice is between this or an APS-C mirrorless that has similar features, you may want to head for the APS-C sensor instead if your budget allows. If it's a super great bargain from your buddy and you like the camera then by all means go for it.

If you don't like the camera after a while or find it not suiting your needs, you can always sell/trade it later if you're savvy enough.
>>
>>2895347
Sigma 150-600, Tamron 150-600, Nikkor 200-500, Pentax 150-450
>>
>>2895330
> Are m4/3 cameras really a meme?
They pretty much can't compete for image quality with the higher-end glass of the three big APS-C or FF camera systems.

But they're certainly not meant to be a gadget. They're just a pretty big compromise towards being compact at the cost of image quality. Something in between APS-C and a smartphone camera.

Obviously still good enough for a lot of people's needs.
>>
>>2895361
>Nikkor 200-500

I'm trying really hard to not be a nikonfag
>>
>>2895363
>Obviously still good enough for a lot of people's needs.

Good enough for women and gay men with girly hands. M4/3 is a meme for a reason. An iPhone in 3-5 years will have better photo and video quality than a m4/3. Damn an em5 II doesn't even do 4k. An epl7 like what he wants is made for girls. Why would you want a camera made for women? Would you wear a dress? Would you wear a bra?

Get a Fuji Xt10 or a sony a6000. Same price and waaay better quality on both photo and video.
>>
>>2895359
>It's more than likely perfectly fine for what you needIf you're used to shooting film, then you're used to shooting low ISO or indoors :^) Pair it up with a flash and you'll be fine for that stuff. If you're used to manually focusing then you'll also be fine.

Ok good. I don't shoot film indoors or at nighttime though unless I have a tripod. I'm not well verse on using flashes on film since it is manual.

>There's a few wide angle-ish equivalents out for M43. http://www.four-thirds.org/en/microft/single.html You can also probably find better sites and I'm sure there's other MF M43 lenses by samyang etc available.

Are m43 lenses a good investment? I don't think they can be used with other systems and I read here before than olympus might get bankrupt in a few years due to low sales of m43 so no more support.

>If your choice is between this or an APS-C mirrorless that has similar features, you may want to head for the APS-C sensor instead if your budget allows. If it's a super great bargain from your buddy and you like the camera then by all means go for it.

I'm also considering xt10 but yeah it is far from my budget and I would prefer something smaller. I also think that the video of the xt10 is not much better than that of the epl7. Sony a6000 is great on paper but I don't like its looks and the viewfinder is useless since I shoot using my left eye.
>>
>>2895363
>They pretty much can't compete for image quality with the higher-end glass of the three big APS-C or FF camera systems.

What if you use leica glass and voightlander glass+metabones on m43? Are they still vastly inferior?
>>
>>2895367
I would wear a dress and a bra if it helped me somehow.

Arguably, it doesn't, but other people, other circumstances.

Anyhow, I don't really disagree, various APS-C or FF cameras might be a better choice for adapting old Nikkor lenses and recording video.
>>
Order for my Pacsafe Z16, pic related, has been fucking delayed (apparently the original they sent me got "lost in transit"). Might not get here in time before I go to Japan, what should I get just in case it doesn't?

Looking for the same features; side access, three zoom FF lenses, metal chassis/skeleton, doesn't look like a camera bag.

Would like to spend less than $200 though.
>>
>>2895374
Yes basically.

They already can't compete with recent high midrange setups (decent APS-C with a Sigma Art) in practically all situations.

And the high end of FF glass and bodies are just something M4/3 can't touch.
>>
>>2895259
But TTL/command system flahses are expensive and I'm not looking to get into anything elaborate. When you have three speeglights shooting from one softbox it's time to buy mobile strobes instead

>>2895294
I heard a lot of people say the LumoPro flashes are not worth it compared to Yongnuo. I do think the current LP model is a bit pricy for an off-brand flash (at least in europe, it's about 80-90% of e.g. an SB-700), but I'm willing to pay for quality if it's worth it. I don't know who to trust though

On one side you have people thinking they're hot shit for buying the in-the-know pro quality brand, and on the other side you have people thinking they're hot shit for buying great value stuff from China

I see Yongnuo have a bunch of flashes in a 600 series, are any of them worth considering or do they keep the 560 as their flagship manual strobist flash?

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark II
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Macintosh)
PhotographerPhotographer
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Image Width5436
Image Height3715
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Image Created2013:05:09 17:36:21
Exposure Time1/200 sec
F-Numberf/11.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/11.0
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length57.00 mm
Image Width6353
Image Height3715
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
>>
>>2895382
japan has tons of camera related stores, why not just pack it away in a suitcase and buy one in japan?
>>
File: nikon6D.jpg (151KB, 1000x562px)
nikon6D.jpg
151KB, 1000x562px
WHO HERE NIKONCANON EOS D600D?

Managed to get the Nikon D600 for $535. Not sure which to keep now since the D600 is a much better camera overall, but I only have Canon EF lenses and accessories... ._.

Equipment Makesamsung
Camera ModelSM-N910G
Camera SoftwareN910GDTU1DPF4
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.2
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)31 mm
Image Width5312
Image Height2988
Image Created2016:08:03 18:36:11
Exposure Time1/10 sec
F-Numberf/2.2
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating800
Metering ModeAverage
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length4.80 mm
Image Width5312
Image Height2988
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeNight Scene
Unique Image IDH16USHH04SA
>>
>>2895294
>the YN560s are perfectly good flashes. Cheap, capable, reasonably reliable. I'd buy an army of YN560s, and keep a cheap TTL flash (EX430/SB600/YN568) as my run and gunner.
I'd think about getting the YN660 (diminishing returns on the like $10 upgrade, but IMO still worth it) at this point.

But other than that, I agree completely. In most more static / studio situations, you can't even get any particular benefit from TTL flashes. And the YN560-TX is offering a remote control that is about as comfy as it currently gets, with really quite few usability flaws.
>>
Hey /p/, anon with problem here.
I found myself being sent to a biohazard zone to take pics. The disease is rather nasty and transmits through all possible ways, airborne included (spores). Obviously I'll bring only one lens. I'd like it to be my usual Canon 24-70 II, but it can suck some contaminated air, right? Yes, there are decontamination protocols, but I'm afraid that only a surface treatment will be an option in the field. And even if not, what to do then, boil the lens in water, bathe it in a chemical solution or shove into an oven, lol? So maybe I'll just take my 35L instead (but fail to shoot some scenes). What would you do?
Waterproof box could solve the problem, but unfortunately I haven't got one, as much as time to buy it.
>>
>>2895393
Learn to stop jerking off to specs and just use things that do what you need it to do.
>>
>>2895382
>Would like to spend less than $200 though.
Nat.geo or Lowepro off Aliexpress.

Inb4 "shouldn't look like camera bag" memetastic concern. That thing of yours completely looks like a camera bag.
Plus like with fairly many other countries, Japan's population isn't likely at all to steal your shit even if you let them sit around unattended. If someone is looking at your bag, you have an extremely high chance that they are looking for an address tag to see whether they can return it directly.
>>
>>2895398
Biggest thing for me is the dual-SD card slot. I've been burned by a corrupt card before so as soon as this D600 popped up for the price, I just went for it. Now that I've realized I'll have to build up my kit again though, it's just giving me headaches.

I might just sell both and end up with a 5D MKIV instead.
>>
>>2895397
Disposable plastic bag for whole camera. Probably.
>>
>>2895401
>>2895390
I know, but I'm more worried about thieves and bag inspectors at airports.

I've never felt scared or concerned in Japan before (I went last year as well)
>>
>>2895404
Glass retains value, bodies not so much.
>>
What are some decent AI/S lenses for adapting to MFT?
Also, will a AI/S adapter also take AF lenses?
>>
>>2895405
>Disposable plastic bag for whole camera
Thought about it, but dat picture quality... Also, doesn't look very reliable to me.
>>
>>2895411
>What are some decent AI/S lenses for adapting to MFT?
Probably none of them, not with a 2x crop factor anywag
>Also, will a AI/S adapter also take AF lenses?
Yes, if it has an aperture ring. AF or AF-D or some few AF-S lenses which have aperture rings. No G lenses, they will mount fine but will be stuck at the minimum aperture.
>>
>>2895397
>it can suck some contaminated air, right?

Yes.

No lens is airtight, not even lenses with fixed front and real elements.
But any lens where the front element moves is basically an air pump.
>>
>>2895393
>Managed to get the Nikon D600 for $535.

So it's stolen.

Return it to its rightful owner.
>>
>>2895419
Nup. Got the OG reciept and retail box and accessories. Already checked out the SN code too and it's all green.

Only problem is that it may or may not be affected by the oil-on-sensor issues. I don't have any Nikon lenses, I had to borrow a friends to make sure it actually worked.
>>
>>2895420
>it may or may not be affected by the oil-on-sensor issues.

Well, cleaning a sensor is actually quite easy.
>>
>>2895416
>Probably none of them, not with a 2x crop factor anywag
I will prolly not adapt wide angles or standard, but everything above 30mm works just fine.
The nifty fifty will do nice as a portrait lens, the 35-70mm will be a decent telefocus and with a 100-200mm I could start my own long-distance surveillance service. Even fast lenses with 1.8-2.8 go for cheap on ebay. Currently waiting for a 35-70mm 2.5 to arrive.
>>
>>2895421
I don't think I'll touch it myself, I'm prone to breaking stuff. But luckily enough, it seems Nikon is still offering free servicing and sensor replacements to any and all D600s. Also if it does get serviced more than three times, then they'll just replace it with a "new" D600 or equivalent.

I might just send it off for a free service asap, since I really can't use it anyway at the moment...
>>
>>2895409
> I know, but I'm more worried about thieves and bag inspectors at airports.
Again, not common in Japan.

And in other places, thieves will steal any bag they can get their hands on. 'cause travellers have all sorts of shit. Money, jewelry, laptops, smartphones.

Unless you make it look like an agricultural goods crate and you wear makeup to look like a domestic poorfag carrier, it won't work.

Just buy a camera backpack that functionally works. Not getting a terrible deal at $200 for $5 worth of exploitative labor might also be a good idea.

>>2895413
> dat picture quality
Are you gonna do beauty shots for a necrophiliac or what...?

> Also, doesn't look very reliable to me
Okay, I guess you best burn your equipment then. Or try to autoclave it. Lel.
>>
>>2895429
>Again, not common in Japan.
Again, I've said I've already been to Japan and know how safe it is and obviously I would like to use this bag more than once. I'm not even sure if I'll ever get my Z16 if they've already fucked it up once.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-03-20-55-36.png (169KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-03-20-55-36.png
169KB, 480x800px
This vintage pentax leather camera bag up for grabs for pennies at an online auction here in Sweden and a pentax mv + 50mm and 135 mm primes also included. What would you bid maximum, /p/?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-03-20-47-31.png (328KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-03-20-47-31.png
328KB, 480x800px
>>2895432
Enlargement of logo
>>
>>2895432
>Pentax
They'll have to pay me to get it KeK
>>
WHY CAN'T ANYONE MAKE A POCKETABLE COMPACT WITH GOOD LOW LIGHT PERFORMANCE AND DECENT AUTOFOCUS
>>
File: Intro.jpg (225KB, 1280x808px) Image search: [Google]
Intro.jpg
225KB, 1280x808px
>>2895437
>>
>>2895437
P H Y S I C S
H
Y
S
I
C
S

If pocketability is your primary concern, then prepare to compromise on other features.

Don't be such a faggot.
>>
>>2895439
>dustvaccuum.tiff
You Richofags never fail to make me laugh, KeK!
>>
>>2895431
Yea, I guess I am repeating my opinion there.

Though I think you missed -or silently disagree with- my assessment that that Z-16 even looks extremely like a camera bag. Or at least a richfag westerner bag filled with expensive fashion gear, electronics and money.

Anyhow, even if you think it looks more conspicuous for some reason. If you get a good $30-60 camera bag in time for a visit to Japan and other "safe" places, where is the problem? [Hell, given how much such a trip costs I'd just get one rather than risk having trouble taking photos.]
>>
>>2895417
Mkay, so no zooms allowed, I'll take the prime. Will a filter make any significant difference?

>>2895429
>beauty shots for a necrophiliac
Well, if there is a demand for them... Lol. But srsly, if I wanted some blurry shots, I could just leave all the gear at home, any phone or shitty compact would do.
>>
>>2895451
Well at the very least, we both agree that you are a massive faggot.
>>
>>2895437
>GOOD LOW LIGHT PERFORMANCE

Is there any reason to not call low light performance of Ricoh GR, Coolpix A, Panasonic LX100 and many others not good besides your faggotry?
>>
>>2895458

None of them have

>DECENT AUTOFOCUS

especially in low light.
>>
>>2895453
Primes have to move lens elements around to focus too. Bam, dust.

You want to be biohazard safe? Use a waterproof camera, and throw it in the wash after. If you can't get a good shot on a compact, you don't know how to use a camera anyways. Failing that, use a plastic bag. If you think your image quality will be affected, think again.

>>2895458
>meme4/3
I didn't have anything to say, I just wanted to start the shitposting.
>>
>>2895453
> Lol. But srsly, if I wanted some blurry shots, I could just leave all the gear at home, any phone or shitty compact would do.
A decent camera's AF system can hit despite of the plastic bag, and the decrease in image quality while shooting through transparent plastic isn't going to be too huge.

You'd have the same problem with your compact or phone too, but possibly a lot more problems with their AF.
>>
>>2895462
>I didn't have anything to say, I just wanted to start the shitposting.

There must be something like the Katana- or the Navy-Seal-copypasta for /p/. Possibly raving on about sensor size or Pentax or some shit like that.
>>
>>2895397
Rent a lens, use it and return it :^)
>>
>>2895461

I refuse to believe that there are no cameras with phase detect sensors.

In the worst case there is Canon 100D wih 24mm pan.
>>
>>2895513
> I refuse to believe that there are no cameras with phase detect sensors.
PDAF systems most definitely aren't all the same.

The cameras you mentioned are really not noteworthy for their AF performance in any condition.

Never mind that mostly they're not usually the low light mode of AF even on cameras that have really good PDAF. Usually CDAF is working even 1-2 EV lower.

And even if they had decent AF, the pictures would *still* be just shit even when faced with a daylight shot of a person in the woods or a not so greatly lit room indoors or whatever.

They are all just not low light cameras.
>>
File: 1465835523416.jpg (96KB, 990x1255px) Image search: [Google]
1465835523416.jpg
96KB, 990x1255px
Whats the deal with international versions of cameras? They always seem to be a good 250-300 dollars cheaper than the US versions. Link related.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-LUMIX-DMC-GM5-Black-Camera-PAL-Twin-Lens-Kit-12-32mm-35-100mm-ggx/331903438494?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D37577%26meid%3Db05869a7283140bca3a58cff85237e81%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D142068941431
>>
>>2895536
It's grey market. you don't get your warranty from the American distributor, and since the camera was sold in a country it wasn't meant for, it's original distributor won't honor their warranty. If you aren't worried about it, go for it.
>>
>>2895536
Welcome to regional marketing.

It's not that they can't sell the cameras cheaper at a profit.

It's that they can use relatively shady tactics to create local markets with all the sellers that need to sell bulk volume. (On their supply end they will absolutely not accept to be regionally market themselves, of course they get their supplies from the cheapest places they can.)
>>
>>2895330
Mft cameras are the cheapest way to get "wow" looking pictures as long as you're willing to use a cheap tripod (or real flash) and good technique in anything less than daylight. The lenses are autistically good and affordable as long as you aren't THAT GUY who buys the $1400 Leica branded ones
>>
I'm going back to full frame from my 7D II. Should I go for the 6D or 5D III?
>>
>>2895546
5D III, probably.
>>
>>2895550
It's a lot more expensive, is it worth it?
>>
>>2895553
If you're worried about cost you could just get a 5D II, the III is barely an upgrade
>>
>>2895560
Wasn't the 5dii running joke its awful AF, though
>>
>>2895553
It's an overall much better FF camera, so I just suspected it would be preferable.

"Is it worth it" is something you need to answer yourself.

There is also the option to get a A7 II if you want something better than a 6D, but not quite as expensive.
>>
>>2895523
>And even if they had decent AF, the pictures would *still* be just shit

You know, it is not the noise quantity what defines the shittyness of a photo. The camera should provide just fine quality for most situations, it should not be a tech miracle to be enough.
>>
>>2895562
it has slow auto focus but it's not that bad depending on the lens

It's more like it makes already slow focusing lenses like the 85 even more noticeable
>>
File: ken-sama.jpg (106KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
ken-sama.jpg
106KB, 600x800px
>>2895313
It's a fine medium format system. Usually they come with prisms but there's a waist-level finder.

>>2895367
can I wear panties instead?

>>2895432
not a whole lot. the 50/2 is common as dirt and worth maybe 20 bucks US. The 135/3.5 is very easy to find too. The MV is like a worse ME. Aperture-priority only, doesn't tell you what shutter speed it picks. Old filters, who cares. So I'd say maybe $US 60 for the camera equipment, plus whatever you value the bag at.

>>2895466
>There must be something like the Katana- or the Navy-Seal-copypasta for /p/
Gomenasai, my name is Ken-sama
>>
File: DSC_0018.jpg (2MB, 3008x2000px)
DSC_0018.jpg
2MB, 3008x2000px
Any idea whats going on in the red circle? It's the first time I've used this camera in awhile and I don't remember it doing this.

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D70
Camera SoftwareVer.2.00
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.4
Color Filter Array Pattern29640
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)84 mm
Serial Number000314e1
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2005:05:03 15:30:39
Exposure Time1/40 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
Exposure ProgramNot Defined
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length56.00 mm
Image Width3008
Image Height2000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
Scene Capture TypePortrait
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
ContrastSoft
SharpnessSoft
ISO Speed Used1600
Image QualityNORMAL
White BalanceAUTO
Image SharpeningAUTO
Focus ModeAF-S
Flash Compensation0.0 EV
ISO Speed Requested1600
Flash Bracket Compensation0.0 EV
AE Bracket Compensation0.0 EV
Tone CompensationAUTO
Lens TypeNikon D Series
Lens Range18.0 - 70.0 mm; f/3.5 - f/4.5
Auto FocusClosest Subject, Center Selected, Top Focused
Shooting/Bracketing ModeSingle Frame/Off
Color ModePortrait sRGB
Lighting TypeCOLORED
Noise ReductionOFF
Camera Actuations3663
Saturation 2NORMAL
Digital Vari-ProgramPORTRAIT
>>
holy shit that new sigma with 1.4 for 1k. Me want
>>
Where can I find single elements for a shoulder rig?
I want to get rid of the stupid baseplate of my old one and get a new one.
Amazon only gives me so many options that often come with unnecessary stuff.
>>
File: 1468373737231.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px)
1468373737231.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>2895310
>not using a loupe on the screen as evf when needed

pentax (cute) users operate on a whole 'nother level
>>
File: 1469257644329.png (925KB, 625x471px) Image search: [Google]
1469257644329.png
925KB, 625x471px
>that feel when I pick up my Pentax A 35-105 from my local camera repair today and it's perfect

>grab a 400mm Vivitar manual while I'm there
>>
>>2895665
>pays to have broken film era superzooms repaired
>acquires any vivitar lense in a manner besides it coming attached to a desirable body
Wat?
Do you eat actual trash out of bins?
Like as in
>mmm an unlicked yoghurt lid
>*eats whole thing*
???
>>
>>2895696
>shitting on the 35-105

Are you giddings me right now?
>>
Canon 5D MKIII or MKII? I know the differences, but I just wat to know if the extra $1k for a III is worth it. I've shot with a III for a couple of years, just not a II and eould like a second opinion.
>>
>>2895724
They're both shit, buy a K-1
>>
>>2895741
They're both shit, buy an A7R2
>>
>>2895662
if pentax is so cute why did they never make a rangefinder the objectively cutest type of camera
>>
>>2895724
I don't feel held back by a MK II (though to be fair I mostly use manual lenses) if I upgraded it'd be to something significantly better like a D4S
>>
>meme4/3 a shit

Where's all the MFT hate coming from?
A Nikon 1 has a smaller sensor than a MFT but it takes great photos as well.
>>
>mfw all the photogs I personally know are or have switched over to Nikon
Myself included. Luckily noone has fallen for the Sony meme.
>>
>>2895756

They both take great photos.

But so can an iPhone camera.

There is a large gap in performance between the m43/J1 and APS-C. And considering their cost can be similar, there is really no reason to get m43 unless you absolutely NEED the small size.
>>
>>2895629
Any help. Could it be the sensor is going out?
>>
>>2895774
>There is a large gap in performance between the m43/J1 and APS-C. And considering their cost can be similar, there is really no reason to get m43 unless you absolutely NEED the small size.

I think the small size is the biggest pro for mft. Correct me but the rangefinder style APS-C ILCs like Fuji X-A2 or X-M1, Sony a5100 and Canon M series doesn't really offer much better image quality than a smaller MFT like GM5 or EP5.

The new Pen F should have been smaller and cheaper.
>>
>>2895775
>>2895629
Sensor's fuck mate. Send it for repair if under warranty.
>>
>>2895791
>Correct me
Shoot at ISO 1600 and come back to me, MFTurd.
>>
>>2895818

I'm sure a d70 is still under warranty, twelve years later.
>>
>>2895819
Shoot at 3200, APS-Cuck
>>
>>2895827
J-just let me shoot at 6400 on my A7. W-wait. It performs worse than a 24 megapickle APS-C. Shit.
>>
>>2895827
>>2895828
I'm actually a too fool frame >>2895393 ;^)
>>
>>2895821
If it has been bought "new" or even some pre-loved stores sell shit with warranty, faggot.

And if you're the D70 owner, then you should just fuck yo self for being such a filthy poorfaggot.
>>
>>2895827
My old D90 camera still gets usable files up to ISO 6400 and it's already 7 years old. You mfturds can't even iso 800 without dust.
>>
>>2895836
All of the 16 MP M43 cameras are good up to 1600. Your D90 looks like an actual turd at 6400 (Hi 1) though.
>>
>>2895791
>doesn't really offer much better image quality than a smaller MFT

The gap between MFT and APS-C is way larger than APS-C and fullframe.

Plus MFT has ISO issues beyond 800. I have seen some where even 400 was unusable. There is a comparison image someone keeps posting here comparing an iso 400 MFT camera and an APS-C one at 3200, and the MFT is noisier.
>>
i'm going to be shooting a friends wedding in Mt. Shasta this coming week and I don't know what to do with my kit. it will be low-key (he's a modest farmer), and he knows I haven't done a wedding before, but he's seen some of my portraiture and felt confident in my ability.
the kit i plan to bring is my d7100 and d5300, my 35 1.8, 18-55, 11-16, and 55-300.

however, i splurged and purchased a 24-70 non-vr which is now sitting on my kitchen table. being that it's an expensive investment, i'm having second thoughts. I understand that it's important to invest in glass, and i plan to move to FF at some point, but I am having a hard time justifying the purchase. my passions are landscape and nature photography, but i've been picking up portrait sessions recently just to get some extra cash.
dumb purchase? am i better off going for an 85 1.8 or something? or is the 24-70 worth its praise?
>>
>>2895845
Why the fuck did you buy a 35-105? It's a good lens, no doubt, and probably more suited to weddings with that focal length. Your 18-55 would have been sufficient in any case. Buy a speedlight next time.
>>
>>2895848
thankfully i've got a speedlight already. i'm tempted to return the lens tomorrow afternoon because i think it was a premature purchase. i've got the opportunity to pick up a nikkor 80-200 2.8 push/pull for a few hundred. any opinion on that?
>>
>>2895850
AF's not as fast as the 2-ring or the AFS. Early AF-S lenses tend to develop squeaking (dying) motors (17-35, 28-70, 80-200). Cheap though, 2.8's good for the indoorsy stuff. No VR, but it's fucking solid.

If you wanted a nicer standard zoom, you might have gotten a 17-55 used, or one of the third party ones. If you want a portraiture lens, grab the 50/1.8 or 85/1.8. You've got a solid setup otherwise.
>>
>>2895855
sounds good. i may check out the 85/1.8 only because the 50 seems too close to the 35 for me. thanks for the response
>>
>>2895839
>All of the 16 MP M43 cameras are good up to 1600. Your D90 looks like an actual turd at 6400 (Hi 1) though.

It beats the shot out of the MFT at iso 1600 and it's a 7 year old camera that is older than the ep1.
Mfturds just kys.
>>
File: 1277062993931.png (3KB, 196x192px) Image search: [Google]
1277062993931.png
3KB, 196x192px
Ignore the M4/3 fanboys. It's gone beyond trolling and shitposting. They're just pining for attention, which is pretty sad. Don't respond to them and they'll fade into oblivion eventually.
>>
>>
>>2895869
MFT is good for what it is, a very compact mirrorless system. With good light even wildlife shooting is more than good with them. What it is not good at is low light and UWA, which is most /p/ trolls are obsessed with for their talentless street meme.
>>
>>2895894
Spotted the mfturd
No one likes your dusty sensor at iso 800.

>With good light even wildlife shooting is more than good with them.

Show me a great wildlife photo taken with an mfturd then? All these BS and not a single photo to support your argument.
>>
>>2895922
A swing and a miss boi, don't be such a try-hard you will only embarrass yourself.
>>
Well, my Hanimex 35-70mm 2.5-3.5 Macro just arrived, I'm back from the tests and currently processing the data. I will do a video on it later but for now, I'll uplöoad some comparison shots.

I didn't find any info on this lens anywhere, only it's probably original branded version, the soligor.

I got it off Ebay for 40€.
>>
>>2895925
Come on faggot show me that mfturd photo.
We all know you can't produce a single one.
>>
>>2895933
Search for it you imbecile, Flickr is full of them.
I don't use MFT so I can't show any but I'm still considering it for half the size and even less than half the weight for the equivalent setup. You get caught up on plain specs sheets, one would assume you are just a sonygger.
>>
File: P1100526 TWO.jpg (1MB, 1152x866px)
P1100526 TWO.jpg
1MB, 1152x866px
>>2895930
First images are in. Untouched
My verdict:
The lens is hardly sharp. I couldn't even get focuspeaking most of the time. The colours are a bit washed out. I compared it to my Vario G 14-140mm f/3.5-5.6.
It's a macrolens though and I can focus down to 11cm at 35mm, where I previously had to go 35cm away.
First image is of Hanimex

Equipment MakePanasonic
Camera ModelDMC-G70
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.16
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)0 mm
Image Created2016:08:04 14:29:33
Exposure Time1/160 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length0.00 mm
Image Width1152
Image Height866
Exposure ModeManual
Image QualityUnknown
White BalanceAuto
Focus ModeManual
Spot ModeUnknown
Image StabilizerOff
Macro ModeNormal
Shooting ModeManual
AudioNo
Flash Bias0.00 EV
>>
File: P1100528 TWO.jpg (1MB, 1152x866px) Image search: [Google]
P1100528 TWO.jpg
1MB, 1152x866px
>>2895937

Equipment MakePanasonic
Camera ModelDMC-G70
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.5
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)68 mm
Image Created2016:08:04 14:29:17
Exposure Time1/160 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length34.00 mm
Image Width1152
Image Height866
Exposure ModeManual
Image QualityUnknown
White BalanceAuto
Focus ModeManual
Spot ModeUnknown
Image StabilizerMode 1
Macro ModeNormal
Shooting ModeManual
AudioNo
Flash Bias0.00 EV
>>
>>2895937
You could've thrown away that 40€ and come out better, you actually wasted that money and your time on that piece of shit. Throw it away and call it a day so you don't waste any more time on it.
>>
File: P1100532 TWO.jpg (1MB, 1152x866px)
P1100532 TWO.jpg
1MB, 1152x866px
>>2895938
Overall, for 40 bucks I can't complain. It's not a good or stellar lens and should not be on anyone's watchlist. The ergonomics are fucking weird too.
However, a 2.5 MACRO lens is pretty darn good if you know your way around Lightroom. You even get a weird, dreamy, washed-out bokeh on top of that.
It will be my clunky, awkward, super-heavy macro lens from now on.

Equipment MakePanasonic
Camera ModelDMC-G70
Image Created2016:08:04 14:28:53
Exposure Time1/200 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length0.00 mm
Image Width1152
Image Height866
Exposure ModeManual
Image QualityUnknown
White BalanceAuto
Focus ModeManual
Spot ModeUnknown
Image StabilizerOff
Macro ModeNormal
Shooting ModeManual
AudioNo
Flash Bias0.00 EV
>>
File: P1100533 TWO.jpg (1MB, 1152x866px)
P1100533 TWO.jpg
1MB, 1152x866px
>>2895940

Equipment MakePanasonic
Camera ModelDMC-G70
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.5
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)68 mm
Image Created2016:08:04 14:28:39
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length34.00 mm
Image Width1152
Image Height866
Exposure ModeManual
Image QualityUnknown
White BalanceAuto
Focus ModeManual
Spot ModeUnknown
Image StabilizerMode 1
Macro ModeNormal
Shooting ModeManual
AudioNo
Flash Bias0.00 EV
>>
File: P1100521 TWO.jpg (1MB, 1152x866px)
P1100521 TWO.jpg
1MB, 1152x866px
>>2895942
And two Macro shots

Equipment MakePanasonic
Camera ModelDMC-G70
Image Created2016:08:04 14:29:47
Exposure Time1/500 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length0.00 mm
Image Width1152
Image Height866
Exposure ModeManual
Image QualityUnknown
White BalanceAuto
Focus ModeManual
Spot ModeUnknown
Image StabilizerOff
Macro ModeNormal
Shooting ModeManual
AudioNo
Flash Bias0.00 EV
>>
File: P1100530 TWO.jpg (1MB, 1152x866px)
P1100530 TWO.jpg
1MB, 1152x866px
>>2895943

>>2895939
Honest to god: I was drunk off my ass when I bought it. I woke up and thought I bought a 70€ lens, just to check ebay.
I compared with the soligor online (there are only 3 vids by one guy on it" I thought: "If it has a single scratch, I'll send it back instantly". But It was like factory new.
I know it's not a good photo lens. But I do mainly video anyway, downscaling from 4k

Equipment MakePanasonic
Camera ModelDMC-G70
Image Created2016:08:04 14:29:05
Exposure Time1/1300 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length0.00 mm
Image Width1152
Image Height866
Exposure ModeManual
Image QualityUnknown
White BalanceAuto
Focus ModeManual
Spot ModeUnknown
Image StabilizerOff
Macro ModeNormal
Shooting ModeManual
AudioNo
Flash Bias0.00 EV
>>
>>2895933
Not that guy, but sorry, had to pitch in.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/enngee89/
There.
Heavily edited, I know. But shut up.
Go shove a Sony E-Lens in your butt, if you're bored and you can find one.
>>
File: IMGP2425.jpg (305KB, 1200x798px)
IMGP2425.jpg
305KB, 1200x798px
>>2895944
Using a simple telephoto lens as a pseudo macro and cropping in gives better results. Pic related, also see >>2894597

Equipment MakeRICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
Camera ModelPENTAX K-3
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.6 (Windows)
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)300 mm
Image Created2016:06:13 02:01:53
Exposure Time1/1000 sec
F-Numberf/5.0
Exposure ProgramShutter Priority
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/5.0
Exposure Bias-0.7 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length200.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeClose View
>>
>>2895945
>Show me a great wildlife photo taken with an mfturd then?
I believe he asked for a single great wildlife photo, not snapshits of squirrels. Your photos are trash m8
>>
>>2895955
Well then show me a Smart driving 350 mp/h.
Can't?
Proves that Smarts are shit!
>>
>>2895955
Listen nignog.
You're just gonna bitch and scream and whine about how everyone not using your favourite system is an idiot. So why don't you leave the thread, hang yourself and make the world a better place.
Alternatively, you can go into VideoGames. I heard they really need a lot of whiny assfaggots with retarded brandloyalty there. You can scream at people how Fullsized desktop PCs are better at everything than shoebox PCs or how a 45" screen will always outdo a 35" one and how playing at 120fps makes your live more fullfilled and pleasing than anyone playing at 30fps.

What I'm trying to say is that nobody gives a shit about your standards. Some people just do this as a hobby!
>>
>>2895935
>but I'm still considering it for half the size and even less than half the weight for the equivalent setup
>but I'm still considering it for less than half the iso performance and even less performance per dollar for the equivalent setup and because I am even less of a man for preferring small ass sensors due to my small penis
>doesn't know about the a6000 series and fuji X series which is about the same size and weight of mfturds

Shut up and stop posting. We don't want anymore consumers buying subpar mfturd products due to autistic shills.
>>
>>2895999
>sony A6000
>same size
Yes, "same size" for the camera.
Now slap a 200mm equivalent on there.
Not the same size.
Some people just want to pocket a GM1 or a GM5 or an Olympus PEN with a pancake lens and still be able to switch it out if need be.
Plus, 90% of people buying Panasonic buy it for the video, where smaller sensors can mean a lot of advantages like less rolling shutter and the weight advantage on shoulder rigs becomes noticeable.
Yes, MFT s are just two steps upwards from compact cameras in term of sensor performance, but if you go for the small cameras, they are just as tiny.
Some people have other preferences and better things to do than counting pixels.
>>
File: 6756767.jpg (81KB, 887x900px)
6756767.jpg
81KB, 887x900px
>>2895945
>https://www.flickr.com/photos/enngee89/

>Mfturds
>f/4
>1/40
>ISO 1600
>pic related

Is this the photo you are talking about? Seriously it seems like it was taken with an iPhone. For the record even an iPhone can record now 4k video in which your shitty EM5 and GM5 cannot.

Just give up already and kys.
>>
>>2896000
>Yes, MFT s are just two steps upwards from compact cameras in term of sensor performance, but if you go for the small cameras, they are just as tiny.
>two steps upwards from compact cameras

Are you smoking crack? Compact cameras like Ricoh GR offer much better quality and performance than a mfturds due to bigger sensor.

>but if you go for the small cameras, they are just as tiny.
>they are just as tiny

They are already bigger without the lens. Just give up already.
>>
>hurr durr noise
Noise is not an argument. Wanking over how little noise your camera produces is for gear fags. People have been making great images with cameras that have had pisspoor noise performance for ages.

Just ask anybody who's shot digital Canon from the beginning.
>>
>>2896004
>hurr non-interchangeable lens collapsing compact is smaller than interchangeable lens camera
no shit buddy. go back to cleaning your dusty sensor.

>muh sensor size
Guess we better go buy a 1Ds because full frame
>>
>>2896002
Wow, did It take you this entire time to find a picture that was taken in a room only illuminated by candles and one dim fluorescent tube?
Congratz, this truly proves that MFT cameras are shit at everything.

>>2896004
>Are you smoking crack? Compact cameras like Ricoh GR offer much better quality and performance than a mfturds due to bigger sensor.
Are you smoking crack? Compact cameras like Ricoh GR offer much more horrible quality and performance than any camera in existence due to being stuck with one lens.
Argument refuted.
HURRDURR OIM BETTER THEN U IN INTERNOT ARGUMANTS!

Seriously, good optics are more important than good, expensive cameras for image quality. If you can't upgrade your lens, your might as well shove the camera up your ass.
>>
>>2896006
>no shit buddy. go back to cleaning your dusty sensor.

It has no dust unlike your shitty mfturds which has dust at iso 800 lol.

>Guess we better go buy a 1Ds because full frame

I'm arguing against mfturds dimwit. I am all for aps-c and people who are interested in getting an mfturds system should consider getting an aps-c mirrorless instead. There is literally no pros for buying an mfturds over mirrorless aps-c.
>>
File: GM5 size.jpg (37KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
GM5 size.jpg
37KB, 420x420px
>>2896004
>the GM5 is the bigger one
>caring about 8mm difference
Wait, to you, 8mm are actually a big deal I guess.
>>
>>2895791
>>2895818
>>2895827
>>2895836
>>2895839
>>2895844
>>2895863
>>2895894
>>2895922
>>2895925
>>2895933
>>2895935
>>2895945
>>2895960
>>2895955
>>2896000
>>2896002
>>2896004
>>2896005
>>2896006
>>2896009
>>2896010

And people say that trip users and IM channels are what's ruining this board.

Sage, but you idiots will just send actual photo threads to the bottom just arguing over gear like this anyway.
>>
>>2896009
>Seriously, good optics are more important than good, expensive cameras for image quality. If you can't upgrade your lens, your might as well shove the camera up your ass.

Mfturds superior lens? Literally none faggot.
Nikkor glass, Fuji X lenses and Sony zeiss lenses shits upon your shitty mfturds optics. Mfturds sensor also have lower iso performance and can capture less light than aps-c

>Are you smoking crack? Compact cameras like Ricoh GR offer much more horrible quality and performance than any camera in existence due to being stuck with one lens.

Here have some superior aps-c camera over that shitty lolympus made for sissy men. Same size but superior quality and performance. Cheaper as well. Unlike that rehash lolympus who can't reinvent to save themselves.

Face it mfturds. Meme4/3 is dead. Digital rev said it, Jared Polin said it hell even hardcore m4/3 fanboys like Lok and Mike from art of the image will switch to aps-c systems soon.

Call me when pros like Chase Jarvis and Zack Arias actually use a GM5 or a puny Pen f when shooting professionally.
>>
>>2896013
>whining over people arguing about gear in a GEAR thread
How fucking autistic are you?
>>
>>2896014
>Mfturds superior lens? Literally none faggot.
Any with an adapter faglord.
Plus the Voightlanders, Samyangs, Rokinons, some Panasonics too.

>Call me when pros like Chase Jarvis and Zack Arias actually use a GM5 or a puny Pen f when shooting professionally.

"People shouldn't drive Fiats because Michael Schuhmacher didn't drive one"
Yeah. Fuck off.
>>
File: Stop liking.jpg (207KB, 680x473px) Image search: [Google]
Stop liking.jpg
207KB, 680x473px
>ll those people crying "MFT IS DEAD STOP USING IT!"
>>
>>2896016
>use mfturds with adapter

Kek. Then it will lose its "small" size benefits. Not to mention it protrudes even more due to the added size and weight of the adapter.
Using an adapter just shows all its native lenses suck ass.

>driving a fiat ever

Fuck off mfturd shill
>>
>>2896013
That's the idea, dipshit. We're just pretending to be retarded.

At least I am, I don't know about the rest of you.

>4chan
>quality discussion
I'm just here to shitpost. 4chan is dead.
>>
>>2896033
>4chan is dead.

So is Mfturds
>>
What's a good budget beginner's camera? Sorry for the retarded post, it's my first time here and I really need to get a camera quick in two days time.
>>
>>2896051
Used Canon or a Compact camera.
Some Canons that cost 2.5k$ new can go for 500$ used.
Aim at 50% of the new value price to avoid banged up pieces of shit.
Consider getting a camera without lens and then investing in a good lens first thing. Very few Kitlenses are actually good.
>>
>>2896051
Any dslrs and mirrorless with an aps-c sensor that fits your budget. Avoid meme4/3 at all cost.
>>
>>2896051
> good budget
That the budget cameras aren't terribly good is kinda the reason they can sell the normally priced and expensive cameras.

But eh, try a D3300 or K-50 perhaps.

> beginner's camera
Doesn't really exist. You can operate any typical photo camera.
>>
>>2896033
Kids have been saying 4chan since it's inception
>>
>>2895327

>she believes that the 5DIV will be out in August
>of this year

Fucking kek'd
>>
>>2896017
just one
>>
Is there any reason to get a Olympus OM-1 over the OM-1 MD version?
>>
File: left-1200.jpg (297KB, 1200x1112px)
left-1200.jpg
297KB, 1200x1112px
got it new with the af-p 18-55 for 677usd did i do good?
>>
>>2896219
Pretty expensive
>>
>>2896087
>implying they're not saving it for photokina
It's about the right time frame for them to release it. Look at the spacing for the D800 and D810.

No point releasing it for the Olympics, the 1DX is doing that by itself, and if you went small body,

you'd grab a 7D2.
>>2896219
You can't even get the body used for that much...
>>
>>2896219
http://www.avwonderland.com/Nikon_D7100_DX-format_Digital_SLR_Camera_Body_1013161.html?l=Google&gclid=CjwKEAjwz4u9BRCbioK3stnBznESJADA75xbpt6ZleAOy0l00PyDO5RYi3CHkiNtvV0frKyPf7CI8BoC4bjw_wcB

brand new..but just the body. $585
>>
Best wildlife lens under 1k?

I have a 5D mk ii

User reviews say that the Tamron 150-600mm and Sigma 150-600mm are a bit blurry at 600mm plus the relatively slow auto focus speed of the mk ii have me a bit worried.

On the other hand even if I only used them up to 500mm I don't see anything else comparable even remotely in the same price range.
>>
>>2896258
get a mirror lens and learn to love onion bokeh...
>>
Hey dudes, not actually a photographer but I just found this old Canon EOS 500N at my parent's house and I was wondering if it's any good. Now I'm a total pleb when it comes to this stuff and I never went beyond shitty cellphone snaps but I was curious to fuck around with it for a bit, is this camera even worth the investment in film?
>>
>>2896298
Sure but film is a pain in the ass
>>
>>2896300
I have some vague memories of using this camera a lot when I was a kid, if I managed to handle the film 20 years ago surely it won't be so hard now. Please don't tell me that being a niche drove film prices up a lot though, I'll fucking cry.
>>
>>2896302
getting it developed is a pain in the ass, not knowing what your shot looks like is a pain in the ass

if those don't bother you go ahead
>>
>>2896303
Getting it developed isn't that much of a hassle for me since I knew plenty of people and places that do it. Not knowing what my shot will end up looking like really does suck though, but I'll try to think of some way to work around it.

Any advice on lenses by the way? It has some 28-80mm lenses on right now (which look to be in good condition apart from a couple scratches) .
>>
>>2896305
Google up "sunny 16", but in reality, if you stick it in auto/P/priority mode, you'll be pretty good. I'd also tell you to head over to cambridgeincolour and read about how the meter works.

Outside of that, just play with what you have for now and see if it's for you before dropping a few hundred more for some lens you might never use. That lens has you covered from wide angle to short tele, so it'll work for most everything you'll want to do.
>>
>>2896305
basically any 35 or 50mm that will fit on it will be good

old prime lenses tend to be cheap
>>
>>2896307
Just googled that and it seems like a nice trick, I just need to figure out how to actually operate aperture and other stuff in the camera first.

>>2896309
I was planning on a trip to the flea market this weekend anyway, they usually have a lot of camera stuff lying around so I'll keep an eye out for those lenses.
>>
>>2896258
Used 100-400 L mkI
>>
>>2896258
400mm Canon L.
>>
>>2896312
https://www.photo-manuals.com/manual/canon/film-slr-camera/eos-500n
>>
>>2896317
I already looked that up but thanks man.
>>
>>2896302
Prices went up a bit, but ultimately film just is a bit expensive.

If you want cheaper, go digital. Even an expensive digital camera can be amortized fairly quickly vs film if photography is a hobby of yours.
>>
>>2896318
Np, a surprising number of people forget to rtfm.

Another bit of advice for you, if you do end up shooting in manual, bring a notebook and try to write down the settings you used on each shot and how you'd describe the lighting. Might want to wait until you've pushed a few rolls through first, but at some point, you'll need to keep records to actually learn what you're doing as far as exposure goes.
>>
MFT really leverages its small sensor size by have lots of lenses specifically made for that sensor. APS-C cameras are always straddling that line between aps-c-specific lenses and "use my FF lenses on APS-C"

They even have a tiny mirror lens specifically made for MFT. Not many other crop sensor systems abuse their crop factor to their advantage. Nikon has an amazing, decently sized telephoto zoom specifically made for their 1" sensor. Superior to trying to crop a small image from a similarly long FF lens.

I wish Pentax would release a tiny ultra telephoto mirror lens made specifically for that Q 1/1.7" sensor.
>>
>>2896320
I'm still undecided if I'm actually going to make this an actual hobby of mine in the long-run, that's why I want to take advantage of the fact that I can have this camera for free until I decide if I actually want to buy one.

>>2896322
That's what I was planning to do. Any tips on what variables are the most important to write down? I don't want to end up drowning myself in information by writting down every little detail.
>>
>>2896325
...and you're posting this why?

>Not many other crop sensor systems abuse their crop factor to their advantage.
Lens development and manufacturing is expensive.
>>
>>2896328
>can't talk about gear in the gear thread
>>
>>2896326
>That's what I was planning to do. Any tips on what variables are the most important to write down? I don't want to end up drowning myself in information by writting down every little detail.
Triangle settings (Shutter speed and Aperture -- ISO if you're adjusting what it's set to, but playing around with that is something you'll probably wait a bit to do so just write down what the roll's ISO is once) then kinda develop a description system for yourself to get an idea of the level and kind of light in the scene. This'll make more sense after you play with it some and read up about metering.

Aside from that, if you start experimenting with say, different metering modes, just a few notes about what you changed/conditions for the shot, just whatever you need so when you're looking at the pictures later, you can figure out what worked out and what didn't. That's the huge advantage of digital for learning, you get that immediate feedback with the settings baked into files so you only have to remember what you saw when you took the shot. Easier to Dx what's going right and what's going wrong...it's not difficult with film, just takes a little bit of discipline though.

Oh, and you can also use something like your phone to record voice notes if you don't like writing.
>>
>>2896330
It's not "can't talk about", it's actually have something to say about it.
>>
>>2896333
Yeah I get what you mean about digital, but I'll give it a go regardless since I already have the camera with me anyway. Thanks for the help.
>>
>>2896326
> I'm still undecided if I'm actually going to make this an actual hobby of mine in the long-run, that's why I want to take advantage of the fact that I can have this camera for free until I decide if I actually want to buy one.
Sure. But then I'd advise to not buy extra accessories, lenses and stuff until you know.
>>
>>2896335
I had something to say about it, and I said. Honestly, I have no idea why my post rubbed you the wrong way, simply because it wasn't a reply to a pre-existing post.
>>
>>2896339
Because you can put words into a box doesn't translate into having something to say.

>I have no idea why my post rubbed you the wrong way.
It was pointless. It's like going to the beach and saying "wow, there's sand here".
>>
>>2896342
Because I didn't say something that was particularly suited to your interests, you equate my post with stating that the sky is blue and grass is green?

Pretty full of yourself, friend. Maybe I should have put something incorrect in my post so you'd have something to latch on to (which I did without knowing until now), everybody loves pointing out wrong things amirite?
>>
>>2896325
Yes, MFT or 1" sensors allow for smaller lenses to achieve the necessariy projections - that's just optics.

Of course the images are worse because of optics and sensor size, too. You are trading a fair amount of quality for some extra portability.

In the usual case, it's just for lazy comfort - there is no real problem carrying most actual APS-C or FF gear kits.

That you can also trivially use FF lenses on APS-C cameras is just not a downside. Your choice to do it or not.
>>
>>2896347
>Because I didn't say something that was particularly suited to your interests, you equate my post with stating that the sky is blue and grass is green?
No, it has nothing to do with how suited it is or isn't to my interests and everything to do with there being absolutely nothing remotely new, insightful, thought-provoking, or useful about what you posted. Congratulations, you summed up m43 (use digits, btw, letters get too easily confused with the abbreviation for medium format) position in the market place. Do you want a gold star? Are you next going to tell us how Leica is a boutique brand that doesn't really do anything different from a few other brands, but has the cachet of that brand name? What about how dynamic range increases are just diving deeper into the shadows without really affecting digitals problems handling highlight falloff? I mean, think about how pointless your posting is that the only conversation that it can garner on a site that's notorious for arguing about gear is how pointless your post is...
>>
I get a bonus this week at work

I will either buy:

- A Minolta SRT 202

~OR~

- Canon P + 35mm/2.8 & 50mm/2 + get my light meter fixed

Help me decide
>>
>>2896352
buy film not megapickels.
>>
>>2896353
My X700 is broken you doublenigger. These are both film cameras
>>
>>2896354
buy F I L M not megapickels.
>>
>>2896356
I have 1/4 of a freezer full of film too.

Clearly you're trying to be funny. Stop trying and just BE FUNNY
>>
File: de.jpg (491KB, 2000x863px) Image search: [Google]
de.jpg
491KB, 2000x863px
>>2896358
>only 1/4 full of film
Casual desu. Get out there and shoot some of it instead. Buy film not megapickels. Got room for more film? Buy more film.

Not sure why you'd even ask this question in the gear thread tho. In all seriousness I'll answer your question with a fucking question.

>minolta SRT 202
>OR
>>>>>OR
>Canon P + 35mm/2.8 & 50mm/2 + get my light meter fixed
Your post makes no sense. Do you own the Canon P already? Are you buying the Canon P and those lenses? What needs its lightmeter fixed, the Canon P that you may or may not own with the lenses you may or may not own?
Now full seriousness. Right. Get this.
Which do you prefer shooting, a rangefinder or an SLR? What focal lengths are available to you within your current budget? Getting that sweet Minolta with a standard fast lens? Getting your Canon P fixed with the two lenses you already own and love? Do you need to acquire gear or just get back to taking photos?

What the fuck kind of answer did you expect? I have a hard time believing that you're seriously a human and not just the afterbirth who's somehow evolved into getting a bonus at work this week.

Equipment MakeSEIKO EPSON CORP.
Camera ModelEPSON scanner
Camera SoftwareEPSON Scan
Horizontal Resolution2400 dpi
Vertical Resolution2400 dpi
Image Created2016-04-08T23:46:57+01:00
>>
>>2896360
You're doing so much better at trolling. Keep it up and you might rustle some jimmies some day widdle won

cootchie cootchie coo widdle summer baby

3/10
>>
File: amazondslr.jpg (75KB, 885x553px) Image search: [Google]
amazondslr.jpg
75KB, 885x553px
>going on a road trip
>on a pretty tight budget
>but loved my photography class in HS and could use a personal dslr instead of my phone (S5) for photos

Am I fine getting a 300-500 camera/kit off Amazon for a good starter camera? Or is there something I should be aware of and just save my cash for when I can afford something more pricey?

Photographerdavid_000
>>
>>2896372
In general the best bang for your buck is pentax. Also, cameras are something you shouldn't be afraid of buying used. Adorama and keh are two reliable online retailers for used gear, but don't forget about ebay/craigslist.

Canon has a bit of a weakness when it comes to dynamic range (the range from darkest to brightest values it can capture at once), but otherwise they're solid cameras that'll do what you need. Really though, at around that price range and new, there's not a ton of difference between the various bodies. All of them can take shitty pictures or great pictures, depends mainly on you.

Another thing to consider is the form factor. Do you actually want a dSLR? I personally love them, but, still I'd point you to check out the various mirrorless options out there, especially the micro four thirds sensor cameras. Smaller sensor typically means poorer low light performance, but since you're talking about travel, the size difference might be enough to make you not care.
>>
>>2896372
A D3300 or K-50 or perhaps A6000 might be useful enough.

Of course if you could spend a bit more, it'd help you get better lenses or a better body, but it might not be worth waiting for that if you do your trip now.
>>
>>2896381
>D3300
I hate this camera.
It's a perfectly capable camera, but I got into digital at a high enough level to have two dials so I got used to being able to control most everything I needed while shooting like that without having to menu dive/do weird button+dial combinations, then one day I'm out with some friends who hand me a 3300 which only has the one dial? Fuck. That. Shit. Pretty sure rebels are the same way. Took me 10 minutes to figure out how to use exposure compensation while in priority modes and I wasn't about to attempt to dick with manual with it.

/purely subjective, personal preference based off of a few years of learning one style of control
>>
>>2896383
I agree, never owned a Nikon but my mate used to have the d3200 which I had a play with. Holy shit, the ergonomics are so bad to the point that taking snapshits was no longer fun
>>
>>2896383
Sure. This wasn't the best they could do at the respective cost of manufacture - they pretty obviously intentionally fucked things up to get you to upgrade.

But it still does still have the essentials to get a good photo for cheap. It isn't a bad deal, but it is bait.
>>
>>2896372
a6000.
>>
File: 5421770662_72ffb94fd5_b.jpg (199KB, 1024x765px) Image search: [Google]
5421770662_72ffb94fd5_b.jpg
199KB, 1024x765px
Anyone have any experience with Minolta film cameras?

Interested in trying film, and since I have a bunch of a-mount lenses, I was leaning towards the Minolta a7.
>>
>>2896416
They're great. I'd probably wouldn't bother with one of the cheaper maxxums though, with film bodies, there's not much point to going for the big boys like that unless you really have a strong desire to burn a 36 exposure roll in under 5 seconds...
>>
>>2896420
erm
>I wouldn't bother with that one, I'd get a cheaper maxxum body
is how that should read.
>>
to the dude thinking about the D3300...or anyone for that matter, the camera is small. Go to a best buy or other box store and just pick it up, if you have big hands it will be cramped. It's also cheap plastic feeling compared to the older nikons or more expensive FF
>>
File: Stump.jpg (66KB, 889x500px) Image search: [Google]
Stump.jpg
66KB, 889x500px
>>2896421
>>2896420
>>2896416
>not wanting this one instead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ictEV3aBiU

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 550D
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.14
Firmware VersionFirmware Version 1.0.8
Serial Number1132529712
Lens NameEF100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2016:08:05 15:21:53
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Focal Length100.00 mm
Image Width889
Image Height500
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
Exposure ModeManual
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModePartial
SharpnessUnknown
SaturationNormal
ContrastNormal
Shooting ModeManual
Image SizeUnknown
Focus ModeOne-Shot
Drive ModeTimed
Flash ModeOff
Compression SettingFine
Self-Timer Length10 sec
Macro ModeNormal
White BalanceDaylight
Exposure Compensation3
Sensor ISO Speed160
Color Matrix129
>>
>>2896258
Sigma 150-600 or 50-500
Pretty much the go-to budget birding lense
>>
>>2896372
Used K-50 with WR kit lense, you can happily shoot away in the middle of a rainstorm.
>>
>>2895325
>350d
Wait until august 20th or better to buy a 5dMkiii or mkii.

I'm personally waiting for the mk2 but I might cop a 5Dinosaur depending on market movements/how my finances look.
>>
>>2895330
M4/3 is a meme.

If you're looking to step into photography without looking to make money out of it, it's a good buy.

It blows chunks compared to "proper" cameras in the professional or "super serious" sense.
>>
>>2895388
I have a YN 560 III and one of the older command units.

It's fucking top shelf.

The chinks really out did themselves.
>>
>>2895433
MV is garbage autoeverything camera.

Lense are good. $150 and you can make your money back if you sweat a little.
>>
https://www.dpreview.com/news/6950166781/hasselblad-rumored-to-be-working-on-10x-zoom-camera-module-for-moto-z-phones

habbening
>>
>>2896461
Good, now we can tell anyone looking for a pocket camera to just use their phones.
>>
>mfw spent $2,500 on lenses in the past three weeks but now switching over to a different mount >>2895393
Fuck this will put me about $1,000 or so out of pocket because I'll need to sell quickly and buy new.

But at least I'll finally become a Nikonfag...
>>
>>2896421
>>2896420

The reason I was leaning towards the a7 was because I heard modern a-mount lenses could be used on it.
>>
>>2896477
Thats like the worst AF set-up you can imagine. Native E-Mount lenses on the original a7 series are inaccurate enough but any adaptation will just make it even worse.

Great for manual focusing though with peaking.
>>
>>2896480

Woops.

I meant Minolta a7*
>>
>>2896480

He's talking about the Minolta a7, not the Sony a7. Yea I know, terrible naming scheme.

Also, on the newer generation of Sony a7 bodies, the autofocus is pretty fast on the LA-EA3 adapter thanks to pdaf.
>>
>>2895433
>>2895432
Hotdang that bag is en fleeq.
The camera and lenses are both excellent, with the quality of the shots you can make only limited by your value as a human.
Ignore the idiots bagging the MV, if you can't take good photos with an aperture priority SLR and a 50/2, you're the problem.
>>
>>2895437
i gotchu famb.
Olympus Infinity Mini, also called the AF-1 in Trumpistan.
Great built in flash, or it will happily meter and expose for several seconds if you force flash off.
Autofocuses great in complete darkness.
Tough, weatherproof, 39 shots to a roll, fits in a pocket.
>>
>>2896485
>>2896484
Ah fair enough.

Anyway, the a7 II series are a massive improvement, but still struggles at low-light, despite all the claims. Very interested to see what Sony does with the upcoming a9 "professional" series though...
>>
>>2896494
Anyway you are a massive shill sellout so shut the fuck up an jump off a building.
>>
>>2896495
Nigga what? I'm >>2895393. I not even remotely a Sonyfaggot.
>>
>>2896496
Sonyfaggot spreading lies
>>
>>2896501
>3.23 MB, 5312x2988
Fuck off!
>>
File: huurrrr.png (953KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
huurrrr.png
953KB, 1000x562px
>>2896503
I would bring great shame to my family if I were to come out as a Sonyfaggot.
>>
>>2896495
>>2896498
>>2896503
How fucking dare you accuse me of being a Sonyfaggot. That's worse than being a MFTurd.

Still waiting for my apology.
>>
>>2896504
That shit is underexposed, fuck off!
>>
File: 1.jpg (87KB, 680x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
87KB, 680x1024px
>>2896506
APOLOGIZE
>>
>>2896509
You know there is a wildlife thread here >>2892968
>>
>>2896514
>>2896509
Oh wait she is not a nigger? I couldn't tell because it was so underexposed
>>
>>2896325
>MFT really leverages its small sensor size by have lots of lenses specifically made for that sensor.

All of them are shit though. There are no use for MFT cameras other than taking a selfie.

What is this? Meme4/3 internet defense force are in full force during summer.
>>
File: minolta.jpg (11KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
minolta.jpg
11KB, 300x225px
傲娇萌萌
>>
>>2896545
I found this in a cupboard yesterday. Anyone ever shot it? I will shoot some film with it later, it still works perfectly.
>>
>>2896547
>found this in a cupboard yesterday
>will shoot some film with it later
>still works perfectly
I still have a SRT101 to test, could you please use your magic powers to tell me if all the shutter times are still correct?
>>
I have to use the D3100 tonight, i'm used to canon and I just can't use it out of the auto mode, everything takes 5 buttons to change and I can't even figure out how to read the picture's info on the play mode. The menu and buttons layout is completely fucked up.
Is the same on bigger models?
>>
File: _20160805_132738.jpg (1MB, 3533x2020px) Image search: [Google]
_20160805_132738.jpg
1MB, 3533x2020px
>>2896551
Pic related
>>
>>2896551
I can only compare the D800E to the 5Diii, if you manage to deal with one but not the other you might be a very bad photographer. The only difference is that you have to focus/zoom in the other direction as well as turn your lens the other way round if you switch.
You have all day to get used to it, leave /gear/ and shoot pictures.
>>
>>2896523
>all of them are shit
Except most of them aren't. And then there are vintage lenses, even small ones, like OM or C-Mount.
With fullframe you are stuck with ONE type of lens: big and heavy.
With MFT you can choose as much as you want.

And you get more quality for the same price, because native MFT lenses have a 25-50% price advantage, mostly simply by virtue of less glass-mass.

I have seen people be absolute shite with Canon 5D after years of shooting and I have seen people do amazing stuff with tiny cameras.
Panasonic also can't be beat in DSLR/M-Video, because Sony doesn't get its shit together to fix their moire and their rolling shutter. And Panasonic is now starting to add 5-axis Sensor-stabilization to their bodies. The G7 already is the go-to camera concerning Budget video. Some small crews/one-man-crews I've met even swap their GH4 for a G7 because it has better video-noise. If the G8 has 5x-Stabilization it will simply be unbeatable, because stabilization gives another stop of light in many situations.

Go into the /vid/ thread and look how people talk about MFT there. Because /vid/ people simply need to lug around a lot more equipment for longer and need to make compromises. The 60% weight decrease you get from MFT really starts to show when you need to put it on a shoulder rig and then counterbalance it. You just can keep moving for longer, can go to more place, be more mobile.
And no matter how much you scream that "it makes no weight difference, honest" Compare a 600mm equivalent lens for MFT and for fullframe. Go ahead.

But after all that information and insight (without shitting on your favourite system) you will still act like a total asshat and fling shit around.

>What is this? Meme4/3 internet defense force are in full force during summer.
One could say the same about "SENSUR SEIZE"-meme.

>fling shit at other systems
>be surprised when lots of people respond with counterarguments
This is you. This is how dumb you are.
>>
>>2896551
See >>2895393 from my experience so far, Nikon bodies have a shit ton more buttons and doo-dads, but it's generally the same overall, just a few key terms and acronyms spelled differently.

On of the reasons why I'm jumping over from the Canon EOS 6D to the Nikon D600 is because there are a lot more dedicated controls which, in theory should allow me to fine tune certain settings much more quickly.

Though that said, I still need to learn what all the buttons mean...
>>
>>2896547

Well they function without film in the camera you dense c+++

I was asking if anyone ever used one and what they think
>>
>>2896565
>c+++
You can swear here, cunt.
>>
>>2896567
thanks for the info, migrant cunt. When the wall goes up, people like you will be the first to get thrown out!
>>
>>2896567
Uncle Ken will rape you in your sleep.
>>
>>2896572
>implying that's a bad thing
>>
>>2896571
I will be building the thing, and I'll build myself a secret tunnel ;^)

>>2896572
And I will add to his growing senpai
>>
>>2896555
>>2896562
i'm trying it, i have to say it's not that unusable but everything is hidden, hold that button and use the scrollwheel to change ISO ecc, press arrow up for the photos' info, it's not that straightforward. but the thing has a good sensor for the price (in RAW, JPEG handling's a shit) and i can probably use it.
>>
>>2896565
>replying to the wrong post
>>
>>2896577
>hold that button and use the scrollwheel to change ISO
How is this different to canon? You have to push another button and have to scroll another wheel.
>>
>>2896580
Canon's wheels and buttons are much more ergonomic. You can pretty much shoot manual, changing all the settings one-handed.
>>
Sigma 35mm f/1.4 ART for $450? Y/N?

Other option is the AF-S 35mm f/1.4G for $650...
>>
>>2896581
Canons wheels are not ergonomic in any way, try a Pentax if you want to know what ergonomic means.
>>
>>2896587
>try a Pentax if you want to know what ergonomic means
This, desu senpai
>>
>>2896580
Coming from a 60D I have to say everything is more logic there, but even in the 1100D. On the D3100 there's no ISO button, just a FN button (mapped on ISO by default probably) and it is located near the DOF preview button, near the lens, worst place ever. On the 60D there is a big ISO button on the upper screen and on the shitty 1100D the arrows are mapped for quick options and there's written what they're for, you don't need to find out.
I hate when companies do this kind of engineering, yes, if you know how the camera works you can work really fast but if you're given that particular model for the first time is always a mess, canon is pretty straightforward on all they do.
I have just a few things on my own, most of the time I go on the location and someone gives me a camera, a camcorder, a broadcast camera... And every time I better start to pray (try to do a fine WB on a Sony professional camcorder lol)
>>2896587
Maybe canon is not perfect but I can do everything one handed and even if I don't know the camera. That's the point. But yes, I tried Pentax 1 or 2 times and I remember it being well made
>>
>>2896587
>>2896589
I've finger fucked a K-1, feels too cramped and pointy. Not comfy at all.
>>
>>2896592
I agree, the K-1 with the extra wheel and knob feels cramped and awkward plus it takes away valuable space from the top LCD. The K-5, K-3 and K-S2 ergonomics are some of the best though.
>>
>>2896133
>Is there any reason to get a Olympus OM-1 over the OM-1 MD version?

I have the OM-1 version and I see no point in shelling out an extra for the MD version if you will not use a motordrive.
>>
>>2896585
I use the Sigma at work quite a lot and am always impressed with it. I prefer it over the Nikon alternatives laying around, I can't tell you which one that might be though.
>>
>>2896592
Never used the K-1, like >>2896593 I'm talking the K-5 and K-3 models
>>
>>2896602
I had the K-1 for 10 seconds, only brief impressions. The K-3 I use extensively and tried both Canon and Nikon. Canon back wheel is stupid, Nikon feels awkward as fuck. D7100 has most controls on both side, one hand operation is impossible.
>>
Looking to get an xpro 2 for travelling with. Seeing as I'm going to be travelling with it I really only want one versatile lens for it.

I was looking at the 18-135mm because it covers a wide range of focal lengths but I'm concerned about the image quality. Has anyone used one, or can someone offer an alternative?
>>
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (241KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
241KB, 1920x1080px
>>2896561
>And you get more quality for the same price, because native MFT lenses have a 25-50% price advantage, mostly simply by virtue of less glass-mass.

I don't get why Mfturds keep on saying their lenses is much cheaper than DSLR lenses.

For instance we have the Oly Pen F vs Nikon D7200.

Bodies:
Pen F: $1200
>https://www.amazon.com/Olympus-V204060BU000-PEN-F-Body-Only-Black/dp/B01AW10G14
or
Pana GH4 (because hurr durr oly pen f is overpriced): $1050
>https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-GH4-DMC-GH4GC-K-Mirrorless-Cinematic/dp/B00L8YWT5G/ref=sr_1_1?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1470403292&sr=1-1&keywords=gh4

Nikon D7200: $1050
>https://www.amazon.com/Nikon-D7200-DX-format-DSLR-Black/dp/B00U2W45WA/ref=sr_1_2?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1470402854&sr=1-2&keywords=nikon+d7200

50mm equivalent lens:
Oly 25mm f1.8: $300
>https://www.amazon.com/Olympus-25mm-f1-8-Interchangeable-Black/dp/B00HWMP0XG/ref=sr_1_1?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1470403024&sr=1-1&keywords=olympus+25mm+f1.8

Nikkor 35mm f1.8: $200
>https://www.amazon.com/Nikon-AF-S-NIKKOR-Focus-Cameras/dp/B001S2PPT0/ref=sr_1_1?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1470403060&sr=1-1&keywords=nikon+35mm+1.8

Equivalent 135-150mm on full frame:
Oly 75mm f1.8: $700
>https://www.amazon.com/Olympus-M-ZUIKO-DIGITAL-Panasonic-Cameras/dp/B00836JHVQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1470403199&sr=1-2&keywords=oly+75mm

Nikkor 85mm f1.8: $500
>https://www.amazon.com/Nikon-NIKKOR-Fixed-Focus-Cameras/dp/B006TAP096/ref=sr_1_2?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1470403221&sr=1-2&keywords=nikon+85mm

Total for MFT system: $2,200
Total for APS-C system: $1,750

This is not even accounting for the better image quality, performance, low light performance etc. of the APS-C system. Also the Nikon system have thousands if not millions of legacy lenses that you don't need to adapt in order to work. An adapter pretty much kills the small size factor of the Mfturds system. How much are the metabones adapter again? What about the shitty battery life of MFT? Batteries=weight. I could go on and on.
>>
>>2896617
M4/3 BTFO
>>
>>2896617
Someone please make a sticky of this to show mfturds to shut the fuck up and get out of /p/.

No one likes you and you attempts to shill us your shitty system and sensor. The world will be a better place if MFTURDS weren't invented.
>>
I keep telling you faggots to ignore the MFTurds. They will all go away eventually.
>>
>that one person screaming about how MFT is shit
I promised myself not to try to educated people on 4Chan anymore, but you are just the most retarded person ever. I bet you try to mount lenses backwards everytime.
NO SYSTEM IS PERFECT FOR EVERYONE.

MFT has some nifty advantages. and if you take a lot of pictures at night, it has some big disadvantages. But in controlled environments "low light perfomance" is not an argument.

To learn more, watch these, of actual professional Photographers pointing out why they use MFT. You know, actual photographers that actually make real life money with their gear and actually need to bring perfomance to the table.
And they very precisely make an important point:
More Pixels =/= more perfomance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS2A6xH2MFw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN9ltjqPvwg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmxQQa6QVBQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5-lsmoAjlE
>>
>>2896654
>Art of the Image
>David Thorpe

Those photographers are actually paid to advertise Meme4/3 products. Also those videos were what 2012? 2013? Times have changed buddy. The Art of the Image guy now uses a Fuji X series which is an APS-C.

>MFT has some nifty advantages

Then tell us what it is. Every sane photographer knows that Mfturds has no benefit over the APS-C system. Look at what this anon >>2896617 has pointed out.

Even in video, the XT2 pretty much smokes the Olympus OMD EM5 Mark II and OMD EM1.
>>
File: Gearfaggotry.png (87KB, 1080x1030px) Image search: [Google]
Gearfaggotry.png
87KB, 1080x1030px
I cant believe I have to post this
>>
>>2896654
> But in controlled environments "low light perfomance" is not an argument.
Like, in a studio? Then the argument might just become glass and sensor quality, plus features related to strobe systems and tethering. Or perhaps burst rates.

MFT is not doing so good with any of these either.

> More Pixels =/= more perfomance.
Better pixels and glass are perhaps more important, yes.

But more pixels is *also* performance.

A large fraction of shots benefits from you having better options to correct or crop, as afforded by more pixels.
>>
>>2896352
Get the srt. Better camera.
>>
>>2896663
>look what this selektive idiot pointed out

I could list you a dozen cheaper alternatives.
But I'll sum it up:

>"ASPC/FF has better glass!"
Adapting. Problem solved.

>"It isn't cheaper"
It is. You can get Nifty Fifty equivalents for 170-200$ these days. Most fast good lenses are under or around 300$. And again: adapting lenses. Especially older ones. If you can't find good deals on lenses, you shouldn't be trusted with money.

>"MFT doesn't have good low-light perfomance"
Noisereduction and stabilization counter that. Olympus has sensor-stabilization and Panasonic has lens-stabilization, but also now introduces sensor-stabilization into its systems. Also, not everyone is shooting in the dark. Some shoot in normal light environments. And with stabilization, you can generally go one stop brighter without getting motion blur.

>"Even in video, the XT2 pretty much smokes the Olympus OMD EM5 Mark II and OMD EM1."
That's because Olympus isn't out for video. Panasonic is. And the G7 smokes everything else for the same price. You'll have to go ALL the way up to A6300 or a7s. And with bigger sensors, effects like rolling shutter get worse. Also, you're comparing a 1.600$ camera to two 950$ cameras.

>"The Art of the Image guy now uses a Fuji X series"
Not really. he added it to his arsenal but he still has a large MFT arrangement and prefers Panasonics for video-shooting. You can like 2 different things at the same time. Also, Fujis entire environment is too fucked up to work with, especially their RAWs

>"they are paid to shill X"
Can claim that about anyone.

>"it's from 2013"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfYhrQMxg1o

Let's not forget that since 2012, the weight of the lenses have not changed. Watch David Thorpe's video and he goes into details of weight and carrying weight around.

Many people here seem to be stuck in their little corner, unable to process that other people have different preferences and niches and can't let them be happy.
>>
From what I can see in this thread about MFT, there are people screaming and shitposting about how MFT is shit and they want to go full on "purge the disbelievers!"
And on the other side, people are calmly explaining how MFT has advantages and how people value camera systems differently.

I think the entire MFT hate posting is another symptom that with affordable lightweight system cameras, reasonable people have entered the autistic monkey house that is 4chan.
Some people just do photography differently. Deal with it.
>>
File: leica1.jpg (727KB, 1000x787px)
leica1.jpg
727KB, 1000x787px
I inherited this camera recently. I know its nice but thats about it. Not even entirely sure what model it is. From what I've been able to find on google it looks like I need some kind of film trimmer to be able to load it but I can't find one for sale anywhere online. Biggest thing I need to know is weather I actually need the trimmer or not but It'd be great if someone could tell me anything else about this camera that I'll need to know before being able to use it. I'll upload another picture of it as well.

Camera ModelNIKON D3100
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.9
Color Filter Array Pattern790
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)51 mm
Image Created2016:08:05 10:53:30
Exposure Time1/30 sec
F-Numberf/7.1
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/7.1
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash, Compulsory, Return Detected
Focal Length34.00 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height787
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: leica2.jpg (423KB, 1000x544px) Image search: [Google]
leica2.jpg
423KB, 1000x544px
>>2896734

Camera ModelNIKON D3100
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.3
Color Filter Array Pattern790
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)60 mm
Image Created2016:08:05 10:54:37
Exposure Time1/30 sec
F-Numberf/5.3
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/5.3
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length40.00 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height544
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2896704
>Adapting. Problem solved.

If you adapt meme4/3 you are basically defeating the purpose of meme4/3 which is its size and compactness. How can you say it is small when it has full frame lenses and with that adapter adding to the size and weight?

>It is. You can get Nifty Fifty equivalents for 170-200$ these days.

Nifty fifty equivalents for Nikon and Canon can be had for less than $100. Your argument is invalid.

Also a 50mm Canon is cheap as well. Hell a cheap Yongnuo 50mm f1.8 defeats the Olympus 25mm f1.8 not to mention APS-C is better in low light and has higher megapixels.

>stabilization counter that

Stabilization is useless when the subject is moving. It's hard not to get motion blur when you are shooting at 1/10th of a second.

>Panasonic is. And the G7 smokes everything else for the same price.

If you want to shoot video, buy a GoPro or a JVC Camcorder. No Hollywood film will ever be shot on a Mfturds. Canon and Nikon DSLRs have been used already.

>Also, Fujis entire environment is too fucked up to work with, especially their RAWs

What is this I am reading? Zack Arias uses a Fuji because it has no fuss and almost on the same par as a FF.

>Watch David Thorpe's video and he goes into details of weight and carrying weight around.

The Sony and Fuji systems already can compete with the mfturds in regards to the weight. For the record, Mfturds cameras are also becoming heavier like the Olympus Pen F and Panasonic G7.
>>
>>2896734
Just look up the serial number and you'll get all the info you could ever care to on it
https://www.cameraquest.com/ltmnum.htm

As for the trimmer
http://www.instructables.com/id/Film-Trimmer-for-Leica-and-Russian-clones/

Great cameras, cancerous community that follows them. Screwmount means that you can dick with an asston of old lenses that range from great quality for stupidly cheap to mortgage your house expensive, but always being unsure of if you're getting something that is working until you can get your hands on it. You'll also likely want to have someone do a full CLA on that camera.

Some people love dealing with all of that stuff, I'm not one of them, so I'd likely just sell it and get into a different body, but note that you might seriously regret it because buying back in isn't cheap.
>>
>>2896735
also what kind of film is recommended for this camera? I have access to 100 iso education quality film for three dollars a roll which I use on my regular camera which is an olympus om-10 but it seems like I'd want something better for a higher quality camera. Also the asa/weston dial on the leica doesn't seem to even have 100 asa as an option.
>>
>>2896581
>manual changing all the settings one handed.

Anything can do that, even Sony. Their a7 has 4 control wheels.
>>
>>2896743
Portra
>>
>>2896704
>Also, Fujis entire environment is too fucked up to work with, especially their RAWs

Care to explain? I want to buy an XT10 because of the recent price drops and I will use my old nikkor AI lenses on it.
>>
>>2896714
>people are calmly explaining how MFT has advantages
>people are calmly explaining how MFT
>calmly explaining

Oh you
>>
>>2896751

>nikkor ai

I used some of those on my ancient NEX-3, they were fantastic. The 50mm was absolutely beautiful, nothing I have tried since has come close.

I really wanna try them on a fullframe mirrorless.
>>
>>2896757
>I really wanna try them on a fullframe mirrorless.

Just be sure to use them on FF or APS-C cameras. It will be a waste if it is used on a Mfturds.
>>
>>2896757
So it's a good decision then? I just want to know what anon is saying about Fuji and why their environment is fucked up?
>>
>>2896751
They don't use the standard bayer array so companies that make software that processes raws has to do different shit to interpolate their data.

Fuji has such a small market share that Adobe, specifically, hasn't bothered actually getting this right so you basically can't use ACR or Lightroom to process Fuji RAWs. I think Photoninja can handle them pretty well, but since I don't shoot one, I haven't looked deeply into it.
>>
>>2896761

I dunno what he means.

I mean they are rather new, and I have heard that not all programs can read their raws, but I expect that to be fixed in no time if it hasn't been already. They have a gimmicky sensor, and with their small market share companies have been slow to add support.

Personally I'd be looking at a later gen Sony. The facr their pdaf autofocus is open to third parties is pretty awesome. They can autofocus even your nikkor ai (admittedly in a sort of weird way) with the techart pro adapter.
>>
Anyone know of some good /fa/ backpacks, lens bags whatever? Really need one.

I also like those small ones that fit one lens, that you can attach to your belt.
>>
>>2896704
What I hate about the mft is that the video that comes out of it seems flat and lacks that normal film look that movies have. It's a shame really because video is the only thing that m4/3 has. This is also the reason why professional videographers and directors all prefer shooting with APS-C or FF sensor video cameras.
>>
File: Crying Spiderman.jpg (7KB, 211x238px) Image search: [Google]
Crying Spiderman.jpg
7KB, 211x238px
>>2896737
>If you adapt meme4/3 you are basically defeating the purpose of meme4/3 which is its size and compactness.
Listen bud, FF or ASP-C lenses lose to MFT either on compactness and weight because with native or smaller lenses, MFT can always go below, or they lose in lens selection, because MFT can adapt anything. Even old CCTV lenses.

>APS-C is better in low light and has higher megapixels.
And there we have the pixel-pinchers
Just wrap your head around this: 4k is 8 Megapixels.
And 8k will probably never come outside the hardcore enthusiast market because 4k is already on retina-levels of resolution in almost all viewing scenarios.

> It's hard not to get motion blur when you are shooting at 1/10th of a second.
unless you got good stabilization. And bigger sensors are also harder to stabilize

>If you want to shoot video, buy a GoPro or a JVC Camcorder.
Someone doesn't know shit. Also, what good is that argument if you make the argument that DSLRs have been used in Hollywood production?

>No Hollywood film will ever be shot on a Mfturds.
What a retarded argument. A Smart will also never be used as a towing-vehicle and people STILL use them.

>The Sony and Fuji systems already can compete with the mfturds in regards to the weight.
They really can't. You can get stellar MFT performers weighing less than 150g with hood and filter.
Bigger sensor = bigger and longer lenses = more need for sturdy material = more glass and metal = more weight
Bigger Cameras always lose out in terms of weight all else being equal.

Some people are just okay with trading a few lux in lightperfomance and a few megapixels for better niche usability.
Not everyone needs to own a hummvee.
Get out of your mindset and deal with it.

Pic related. It's you.

>>2896758
>works in another MFT related thing
>considers the people using MFT to be the shills
The cognitive dissonance is strong with this one.
>>
>>2896779
>film look
Someone's jerking off to the smell of their own farts.
>>
>>2896789
>Listen bud, FF or ASP-C lenses lose to MFT either on compactness and weight because with native or smaller lenses, MFT can always go below, or they lose in lens selection, because MFT can adapt anything. Even old CCTV lenses.

Look at this idiot. With Mfturds you have to use a fucking ADAPTER to make those FF and APS-C lenses work. Don't you know that ADAPTERS increases the weight and size of your camera because it goes between the lens and the body.
What a dimwit.

>And there we have the pixel-pinchers
>call someone as pixel-pincher because his Meme4/3 has shit quality and grain at iso 800

>unless you got good stabilization. And bigger sensors are also harder to stabilize

I'm talking about moving subjects faggot. A moving person cannot be shot without motion blur at 1/10 of a second.So much for shooting Meme4/3 on street when most subjects are moving.

>Someone doesn't know shit. Also, what good is that argument if you make the argument that DSLRs have been used in Hollywood production?

It means they are used by big production houses because they know that FF and APS-C cameras deliver high quality video for their films.

>You can get stellar MFT performers weighing less than 150g with hood and filter.

The smallest mfturds the GM5 weighs 275 grams. Did you get your data up in your anus?

>Some people are just okay with trading a few lux in lightperfomance and a few megapixels for better niche usability.

What niche? Even compacts now have better sensor and image quality than a shitty Mfturds. They are even smaller. So I know you will say "what about interchangeable APS-Cs? hurr durr" Well lookup Fuji X-M1 which is of the same size as an olympus pen and also cheaper.
>>
>>2896789
>Bigger sensor = bigger and longer lenses = more need for sturdy material = more glass and metal = more weight
>mfturds are smaller

Just ignore the MFTurds losers.
>>
>>2896825
>The smallest mfturds the GM5 weighs 275 grams. Talking about lenses, maybe?

>What niche?
Small compact cameras with interchangeable lenses that can perform well if put on a rig or tripod.
>>
Alright fuck-idiot experts I have a question for you.

I shoot w/ a Nikon D3300

I do nightlife photography and attempt to do model photography.

I bought the cheap 35mm 1.8 Lens which is working great for daytime modeling shooting.

I mostly still use the stock lens of the Nikon to do my "nightlife" photography, which is a mindfuck considering I bought a new lens.

Can anyone direct my dumbass to a lens I can happily shoot "nightlife/nightclub" photography without being a douche w/ the stock lens??

I do use an external flash. Thx - Greg
>>
>>2896600
So are they essentially the same camera? The only difference being the motor drive in the MD?

I realize these questions are trite and is in the name, but I am fairly new to recognition of camera bodies.
>>
>>2896943
I take that you have the nikkor 35mm f/1.8 dx, which works fine for me for "nightlife" though fine for me may not be good enough for what youre looking for.
>>
>>2896757
> The 50mm was absolutely beautiful, nothing I have tried since has come close.
You could certainly try it if you already have one. It's still a very decent lens.

But if you are going to buy a lens, the Sigma Art 50mm or Sony Zeiss Sonnar T* 55mm are definitely quite a bit better.
>>
>>2896943
18-35mm Sigma Art should work okay.

You might have to MF it. for more reliabiliy with that AF, which is a bit tricky on a camera body that has no focus peaking or such stuff.

You'll still need the flash. This camera without flash = motion blur galore in a nightclub.

Get an A6300 or A7S II or 1D X II or something if you want things to be easier. (Ya, unfortunately they start to cost more, but that's what you have to pay for doing lower light shots without throwing blinding flashes of light at the ceiling or everyone directly.)
>>
>>2896999

I hear very good things about the 55mm, but I bought the 35mm f/2.8 instead. I am kinda on the fence about it. Small and great image quality, but just something isn't there. Maybe it was just a day with off weather, I will go shooting today and give it another shot.

I think my next purchase will be the 90mm f/2.8 Macro.
>>
>>2897072
Yea, definitely retry.

> I think my next purchase will be the 90mm f/2.8 Macro.
Actually I also got that one first. Lovely glass.

I still constantly use it, only for some trips / events it stays at home.
>>
>>2896943
when you are shooting in the club will you be in the crowd or skimming around them from the outside. If close I'd say a 24mm or 28mm prime. 35mm would work great too.

Shooting people close up will give slight facial distortion though, you need a 70+mm for model photog
>>
>>2896776
There are plenty. You'll have to be more specific as to bags that you like, and what you'll be carrying.

The BEST thing to do is to find a bag you already like, and stitch/velcro your own spaces for gear.
>>
>>2897101

I'd buy it now, but it is so damn expensive. Just can't afford it.
>>
Hey guys, just sold my a6000 and all my e mount lenses. after having it forever, and want to get into full frame, do a lot of landscape, street, and portrait, not much video at all, little to no action. I can get 40 percent off new Sony cameras and lenses from my work so I'm tempted to stick with Sony maybe a7rii, my budget is around 3200 with at least one lens to start.

Anything better then the a7rii that I should look into considering id be getting it and the Zeiss 55 1.8 to start for around 3000 after taxes?
>>
>>2898167
>iso will be 2 billion in 3 years
>>
File: ContaxTvsFront.jpg (97KB, 556x374px) Image search: [Google]
ContaxTvsFront.jpg
97KB, 556x374px
someone is selling the
Contax tvs for 100€ in my town
also there is the
Yashica t4 Safari edition for 150€

not sure which one i should buy

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Image Created2008:06:22 17:10:46
Image Width556
Image Height374
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.