[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

---VIDEO--- Okay so i wanna make a kinda "found footage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: led.jpg (22KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
led.jpg
22KB, 425x425px
---VIDEO---

Okay so i wanna make a kinda "found footage film" because im going camping in the woods with some friends, and think it could be fun.
i Have a Nikon D5500, a 230 LED light and a Rode mini shotgun mic. I think i sould be able to get some decent shots with all this. but i was wondering if anyone would give me som tips og how i can make the movie look better with out breaking the found footage illusion?

and please, i know found footage is overused and many people think its dumb, but this is just a fun project and im looking for some tips and tricks. Thank you.
>>
>>2892091
Just watch some found footage on youtube. You'll see the style you need do copy.

Hope you know how to edit the footage properly.
>>
>>2892091
>just a fun project
then just be yourself
>>
Make it a 90s inspiration found film. Be sure you all dress up the part and emphasize the decade correctly. Get a used Hi8 tape camera and film on it.
>>
>>2892101

have some specific you think i should watch?
im not the best at editing but im a reeeeealy fast learner.
>>
>>2892104
Aint got no money bro
>>
>>2892102
Realest shit on /p/
>>
>>2892106
The cams are dirt cheap. Ask any older relatives they probably have one.
>>
Do anyone have any tips on how to edit the video? will i be okay with just using Davinci resolve or sould i get something like adobe after effects?
>>
File: 1352114456286.jpg (127KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1352114456286.jpg
127KB, 720x480px
>>2892091
>how I ruined my friends camping trip -- the post

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwarePicasa
PhotographerPicasa 2.6
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width720
Image Height480
>>
>>2892173
adobe after effects is not for editing video -- it's for creating video special effects, like the animated text intros you see on many youtube videos.
What you want is Adobe Premiere or Apple's Final Cut Pro. There's only a little bit of a learning curve. Basically, you import your video, break it up into short chunks, and then arrange the chunks on the timeline.
Pro Tip: look up how to do J and L cut edits.
Stay clear of the cheesy transition effects that come packaged with the software. Just use dissolve and fade to black, and even then, use them sparingly.
>>
>>2892186
Thanks man, but cant resolve do the same stuff as premiere and final cut?
>>
>>2892189
>Davinci resolve
I wouldn't waste my time with it, if I were you.
Adobe Premiere has been around a lot longer and it integrates very well with the Adobe suite, meaning you can easily move projects in and out of After Effects, and easy to render.
Anyone who uses Lightroom to catalog and edit their photos, particularly bracketed exposures, knows how nice it is to be able to right click a selection and open as layers in Photoshop or combine as a 32bit HDR in Camera Raw, and so on. Well, Premiere and After Effects seem to always work that same way for me, so I'm biased.
>>
>>2892217
>adobe suite
>"we will have you get used to an environment you will have to consistently pay for"-the software
No
>>
File: 1427687436665.jpg (2MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1427687436665.jpg
2MB, 5000x5000px
>>2892219
>pay for
is this your private little 50 years old photo enthusiast phpBB ?
didn't think so
>>
>>2892217
> wouldn't waste my time with it, if I were you. AdobeAdobeAdobeAdobe so I'm a shill

FTFY
>>
>>2892219
>hurr durr capitalism is bad
disgruntled Bernie supporter detected.
I'll bet you own a fucking iphone and a mac book pro, hypocrite
>>
>>2892356
Fuck off.
It's not about paying. it's this "keep paying" bullshit that Microsoft is doing as well with their "Office 365" thing.
>>
>>2892314
>>2892219
>>2892357
listen, faggots, the reason anon needs to go with Adobe is because it's the oldest and most popular, so there are endless YT tutorials and tons of 3rd party aftermarket plugins and addons.
Anon wants simple and he wants it to work, he doesn't have time to be dicking around like typical /p/sters
>>
File: get a load of this guy cam.jpg (120KB, 640x496px) Image search: [Google]
get a load of this guy cam.jpg
120KB, 640x496px
>>2892356
>"bad businesspractices are the same as capitalism"
Well, someone didn't finish elementary school.
>>
>>2892359
>hurr ddurr bad business practices
>putting quotation marks around your strawman argument to imply it was something I actually said
is that your way of saying you have no facts to support your claims?
>>
>>2892091
Get a hand stabilizer (a gravity based one is like 20-60 bucks on amazon depending on the weight of your unit I hear you can make them for even cheaper) BUT and here is the kicker, set the weight off a little bit less than the weight of the camera. So that it isn't a perfect match, that will reduce shake a lot but still look shaky enough to fool people into believing it's hand held.
>>
>>2892360
You're a fucking idiot anon

"we will have you get used to an environment you will have to consistently pay for"
>consistently

He was clearly talking about hating subscription models, especially for software that doesn't have new content added all the time like a video game might.

Don't be a cunt because you misinterpreted what he said and got called out for it
>>
Also for the anon's complaining about Adobe Premier and After Effects he can just pirate them. I mean that's not a big deal in this day and age.
>>
>>2892427
Oh I didn't mean to kill the thread, I just wanted to help anon.
>>
>>2892091
>how i can make the movie look better with out breaking the found footage illusion?
I'd keep the editing as simple as possible first of all
then if that's your thing, include some vlogging, break the 4th wall, shoot people that are also shooting something, either with a phone or a camera, so that who watches it doesn't feel like that's a "pro-shot documentary"
and thoroughly watch the blair witch project

>>2892358
>the reason anon needs to go with Adobe is because it's the oldest and most popular
according to this, OP should go for Avid media composer
or final cut, or resolve, but def not premiere
>there are endless YT tutorials and tons of 3rd party aftermarket plugins and addons.
and that is important, because
>Anon wants simple and he wants it to work
right?

I personally use final cut, but if I were you OP I'd try the free trial of everything and then decide what I like best
don't even look at avid stuff tho, it's almost entirely overly hyped shit
>>
>>2892426
>muh vidya
>>>/vg/
keep /vg/ on /vg/, you autistic neet basement dwelling neckbeard
>>2892525
>muh Final Cut Pro
we're not all on Apple, you dumb cunt
>why are tutorials and addons important?
don't be obtuse, you're clearly a little Apple fanboy faggot
>>
>>2892702
>>>>/vg/
>keep /vg/ on /vg/
topkek
how fucking clueless are you
sage downvote
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.