[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Be noob photog > Take my camera to social events to do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

> Be noob photog
> Take my camera to social events to do snapshits, friend of mine(who is crazy about working out) notices
> Asks me if i can take a couple of pictures for him

This is going to be my first photo shoot, so i am very unexperienced. I know how to operate a camera in M mode, but that's about it. I don't know the setting, if i had to guess i'd say either his gym or somewhere outside.

Gear:
Sony a6000
Sony 18-55 3.5-5.6
Minolta 50 1.8
Old tripod from my mom (lel)
Lightroom

So can you give me some tips on how to do this?

> Which lens do i use? The Minolta provides better bokeh, but getting the focus exactly right won't be easy (despite using peaking and focus magnifier). The 18-55 is more versatile and has auto focus and image stabilization, but close to zero shallow depth of field.

> How to expose?

> Tips on composing and framing?

> General do's don'ts?

Thanks guys.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
>>
Would you like us to go and do the shoot as well for you?
>>
>>2890772
>Which lens do i use?
What do you want to achive? Do you need bokeh for that, if yes chose the Minolta. Do you need auto focus and image stabilization even if you have a tripod? Then take the Sony. I doubt that you will need it though, you are in a shooting environment, you have all the time in the world to operate with a tripod and manual focus.

> How to expose?
Correctly.

> Tips on composing and framing?
Spend all day looking at portraits of sports people, there are a lot of very good pictures in a Sports Illustrates. Create your own thing out of the pictures you've seen, take inspiration.

>>2890772
>> General do's don'ts?
Act like you knew what you were doing. Don't let him have control of the shooting, always be in charge even if you know you are just as insecure as he is. This is a new environment for both of you. And remember: you took a job that is basically you taking pictures of him for his Tinder.
>>
>>2890772
If you want the level of definition in your pic related you will need to gen up on flash setup for portraits.
>>
>>2890837
This is solid.

OP, you're asking advice without any specifics. Our advice depends on what the fuck you want to do.
>>
>>2890772
put it in aperture priority mode.
use the minolta 50 1.8. is it md mount?
if you're not used to manual focusing, go rent a sony e mount 50 1.8.
you don't need a tripod.
lighting is the most important part.
at least get a reflector.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.