[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just when i thought i had my shit sorted regarding the DP2 Merrill,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

just when i thought i had my shit sorted regarding the DP2 Merrill, i go looking for sample images and got this.

what the fuck am i doing shooting medium format film when this camera exists? holy fuck. this is digital done right.

also Sigma Merrill Thread.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSIGMA
Camera ModelSIGMA DP2 Merrill
Camera SoftwareACDSee Pro 6
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)45 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2014:06:09 14:18:00
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramShutter Priority
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length30.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1920
Image Height1920
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Unique Image ID3030343037393935EA2D864F35353241
>>
>>2890732
we already told you.
you wouldn't listen.
>>
>>2890732
yeah, the true foveon sensor from the merrill is amazing, shame they replaced it with a lesser version with the quattro. I still prefer shooting film though, shooting squares with a waist level finder is so fun.
>>
>>2890732
What am I supposed to be looking at here?
>>
>>2890789
>they replaced it with a lesser version with the quattro

I never heard that.
>>
>>2890789
>shooting squares with a waist level finder is so fun

This. I don't shoot 6x6 for quality purposes; I shoot it for the enjoyment of using the camera.

There are numerous digital cameras that will give you fantastic image quality that is comparable if you're keeping images to web size and small (less than 16") prints.
>>
>>2890732
how is the Merrill in low light? As long as iso 1600 is usable then its probably enough for my purposes.
>>
>>2890806
It's pretty much not usable past ISO 200, 1600 is absolutely out of the question.

It's very much a fairweather camera. When the stars align it's absolutely superb, the rest of the time it's cumbersome and shit
>>
>>2890801
yeah, unlike the merrill and previous foveon cameras which have blue/green/red sensors of same resolution, the quattro has much smaller resolution green/red sensors and interpolates color information. I don't think it makes much of a difference though, just slightly less color accuracy and sharpness.

>>2890806
lmao, unless you're shooting b&w, you probably don't want to shoot over 200.
>>
>>2890732
those tones are disgusting
>>
>>2890808
>just slightly less color accuracy and sharpness

Well then what's the point?

Why would they do that?
>>
>>2890818
The Quattro is more usable at slightly higher ISOs and is supposed to be generally less finicky. They wanted to make it less of a special snowflake pain in the ass to use, but in doing so they gave up a bit of image quality which sort of defeats the purpose of even bothering with a foveon camera in the first place.
>>
>>2890819
What do you think of the Canon's Foveon patent?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.