[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just picked up a Rebel XS with an 18-55mm and a 75-300mm lens

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: s-l1600.jpg (351KB, 1600x1062px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
351KB, 1600x1062px
Just picked up a Rebel XS with an 18-55mm and a 75-300mm lens for $230. This is my first DSLR, did i do good?
>pic related
>>
>>2888765
>Rebel XS
it's shit.
enjoy your 10megapickle iso 400.
>>
>>2888765
>asking /p/ -after- you buy it
why do people do this
>>
It's shit but that's good lenses and you don't need quality yet. Learn to use the camera and upgrade when you understand what you need
>>
>>2888765
>Rabal
I hope you also bought that rifle on the left to kill yourself with after buying such a shit camera
>>
>>2888831
What's better for 230$?
>>
>>2888803
>>2888823
>>2888831
Obviously all of you are beginners too, or just plain stupid.

>>2888765
OP, its not the optimal thing you could have bought for this amount, but you didn't do bad(unless your used camera has like 100 000 shutter actuations). Its good that you got 2 lenses. It would be better if that tele zoom had IS, but at least you have some reach.

Don't worry about 10 megapixels. Those entry zoom lenses cant resolve a lot of detail anyway. 24+ megapixels on new APS-C sensors are usually wasted unless they are used with finest glass.

Don't start thinking about getting a new camera in few months. Despite what faggots above me wrote, it is a capable tool(for everything except sports, wildlife and low light). Instead, focus on the lenses. I recommend Yongnuo 50mm f/1.8( its 50$ new), for low light and portraits. Also check out Canon 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS wide angle lens.

>>2888840
Don't think about this now, and there is nothing that is significantly better for this money. You could have bought something marginally better at best.

Good luck!
>>
>>2888831
>rifle on the left
>left
>>
>>2888765
it's a decent camera for a beginner, ignore the fags that bitch because you didn't buy their waifu tier sony or something for a grand. Use it well and try to use manual as soon as possible.

watch youtube vids and get some library books to help you. and again, ignore the negative nancy comments from trolls
>>
>>2888765
I used to have one of those Rebels until I threw it onto a tile floor in rage and broke something inside. Now it won't even light up anymore.
Decent camera. I encourage you to keep ISO below 400 and shoot in 'A' Aperture priority mode. Take lots of pics to really learn how the camera performs in different lighting.
Instead of buying more lenses, the best bang for your buck would be to spend $250 to buy three Yongnuo YN560-III Speedlites (or 560-IV) and a 560-TX wireless controller to fit on your hotshoe. This simple lighting kit is good enough for 3 light setups for portraits, cars, products, photojournalism, real estate interiors, and many other types of photography. I think it's much more practical than anything else, with the exception of a good tripod and head.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.