[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wanna start shooting medium format (120) black and white, mostly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 6692747403_80cf9d9361_b.jpg (284KB, 1024x827px) Image search: [Google]
6692747403_80cf9d9361_b.jpg
284KB, 1024x827px
I wanna start shooting medium format (120) black and white, mostly because of quality of grain and sharpness

however I'm really married to the style of photography that comes with a 35mm SLR camera. realistically, are there any decent 120 cameras that would be more like a 35mm SLR?
I'm talking in terms of size, weight, portability, being able to handhold it and use an internal meter. in other words, being able to take a spontaneous shot "somewhat" quickly. i almost always shoot in manual
>>
Size? Portability? Lol no- there are some Fuji and Mamiya rangefinders that may fit the bill there. However in terms of internal metering and quick use, I'd recommend a 645n, and in terms of the slr experience I'd recommend a Pentax 67.
>>
>>2884941
Mamiya 7 your only choice
Or hassy x-pan, if you literally want shoot wide medium format on 35 film
>>
File: allahu-intensifies.jpg (1MB, 1920x709px) Image search: [Google]
allahu-intensifies.jpg
1MB, 1920x709px
Size and weight in an SLR style if where you'll be let down. Tho a lot of cameras have AE prisms and grips available, they're still moderately heavy and bulky. You may be better off with a folder.
>>2884971
>7
>only choice
fuck you tbqh.
There are other rangefinders out there.

>Xpan
>135
Just shooting an Xpan doesn't give you less grain. You're still using 135 film at the end of the day and you're still limited by the negative area being 24mm tall.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSEIKO EPSON CORP.
Camera ModelEPSON scanner
Camera SoftwareEPSON Scan
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution2400 dpi
Vertical Resolution2400 dpi
Image Created2016-07-06T18:29:05+01:00
>>
>>288498
>I'm talking in terms of size, weight, portability, being able to handhold it and use an internal meter. in other words, being able to take a spontaneous shot "somewhat" quickly.

Now give me ONE example aside from mamiya 7 that answers that requirements better
If you will say fuji gw series i'll know you legit retarted

Besides, mamiya 7 has best quality lenses and also most compact among all 120 systems in exchange for max aperture
>>
>>2885002
>>2884988
>>
File: Still not an SLR.jpg (590KB, 900x752px) Image search: [Google]
Still not an SLR.jpg
590KB, 900x752px
>>2885002
Pic related.

>If you will say fuji gq series i'll know you legit retarded
People in glass houses.

All that aside, there are other rangefinders like the RF645 and the Makina.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelSLT-A77V
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.1 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)52 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2012:06:16 18:35:03
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/16.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/16.0
Brightness-1.5 EV
Exposure Bias-1 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash, Compulsory, Return Detected
Focal Length35.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2885008
Perfection of a camera doesn't need to be slr
>>
>>2885002
>Besides, mamiya 7 has best quality lenses and also most compact among all 120 systems in exchange for max aperture

its also way outside my budget ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>2885011
Poor people should not be allowed into medium format world
>>
>>2885002
>Now give me ONE example aside from mamiya 7 that answers that requirements better
you can get a good spontaneous shot without all of those things so long as you aren't a chimping little bitch with degenerate reflexes

>>2885011
well your best bet is either a fuji gw series (not a great option despite their good qualities) or: a 35mm

OR you could kill a mamiya 7 owner and take it

just saying
>>
>>2885010
see
>>2884941
>however I'm really married to the style of photography that comes with a 35mm SLR camera. realistically, are there any decent 120 cameras that would be more like a 35mm SLR?
>>2885011
The Fuji GS645 folder is pretty good if you can put up with a rangefinder and fixed focal length. There's a couple of smaller fixed focal length 120's that you may enjoy.
>>
Bronica ETR series can be really great if you shell out for a good AE prism and grip and PE lenses
>>
>>2885002
False.

Less compact than Mamiya 6. The 6 allows lens retraction into body.

Chat shit get banged
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.