[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/gear/ - Gear Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 42

File: Fuji-XT1.jpg (303KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Fuji-XT1.jpg
303KB, 1000x1000px
Superior FUJIFILM System Edition

If you have questions about a new camera, what lenses to buy and anything related to gear or wondering about getting into photography, post it in this thread.

Do not attempt to make a new thread for your new Pentax, broken glass, and being new.
No pointless (brand) arguments and dickwaving allowed! You have been warned!

I repeat, ANYTHING GEAR RELATED goes in here!

And don't forget, be polite!

Previous thread: >>2880376

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-E2
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.4
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)90 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width2730
Image Height2730
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2014:05:27 14:42:06
Exposure Time1/70 sec
F-Numberf/6.4
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating6400
Lens Aperturef/6.4
Brightness-0.1 EV
Exposure Bias-1 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length60.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1000
Image Height1000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
SharpnessHard
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
I'm v uncomfortable with OP image not being a pentax.

plz delete
>>
>>2883035
23mm f1.4 for £388 lads not bad.
>>
>>2883046
>23mm f1.4
That's a really good deal, how are you liking it?
>>
Why do Fujifags feel the need to have their own closet brand thread?
>>
>>2883054
Why do pentax fags do the same?
>>
>>2883050
Absolutely amazing. Like, I was a 18mm wide angle dude on film, but 23mm is just "right".

Never shot with a digital, let alone with such a good lens - so it's a treat. Probably won't need anything else for a while.
>>
>>2883062
What film gear did you have before? Why did it take you this long to switch over to this superior system?
>>
>>2883061
Nobody actually shoots Pentax. When was the last time you saw a Pentax camera model in exif?
>>
>>2883173
Today.
>>
>>2883141
Canon-AE1 with a 28mm lens - did a lot of B&W work in the darkroom and did some printing.

So the reason why it took me so long, was that 6 years ago I started with film to learn the basics. A friend of mine got a Fuji XE-1 and I loved the look and feel of it.

He then tried to last year convince me to get the X-T10, but I was still unconvinced cos it felt like selling out.

But cut to this year and I went to Portugal and I really could of used a good digital as the colour film stuff was getting tedious to print and process. So I started look at the X100T, but as I was about to hit "pay", I thought, WTF... I'm paying for a fixed lens camera for a huge amount...

The X-T10 was 450£ for the body - and is newer tech. The same friend lent me a bunch of lenses to play with, and I settled on getting the 23mm f1.4.

So in total I've spent about £900, and that's only 200£ more than I would have spent on the X100T... And I have a ream of benefits.

Fuji is THE camera to look for when going digital. It's an incredible system for the price you pay.
>>
File: IMGP2425.jpg (305KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP2425.jpg
305KB, 1200x798px
>>2883173
Hi

Equipment MakeRICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
Camera ModelPENTAX K-3
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.6 (Windows)
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)300 mm
Image Created2016:06:13 02:01:53
Exposure Time1/1000 sec
F-Numberf/5.0
Exposure ProgramShutter Priority
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/5.0
Exposure Bias-0.7 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length200.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeClose View
>>
How much rain do you dare expose a non weather sealed camera to?
>>
>>2883294
None. I go home and do something else.

I don't get why this is such a deal breaker to people - how many of you actually go out during a monsoon to shoot? Is it that important that you need to be in a downpour to make a camera worth something?
>>
>>2883298
Not OP but I live in an area that's quite rainy and I actually like the look of rainy photos.
>>
>>2883298
I got paying jobs shooting construction where the dust was so thick you could cut it and kitchens which where extremely hot, steamy, and wet.
>>
>>2883294
>How much rain do you dare expose a non weather sealed camera to?
A little. I keep the top relatively dry by wiping with a cloth and covering with my arm (camera on neckstrap) when not shooting.
>>2883298
>how many of you actually go out during a monsoon to shoot
Not specifically, but there's some nice pictures out there with the rain. But you wouldn't know, you stay inside. Pussy ass NEET.
>>
>>2883294
A drizzle at most, specially with open ports like mic holes and buttons with large gaps. Just be careful!
>>
>>2883035
just created a thread about recent acquisitions before I checked here, sorry all.

anyhow, just picked this beautiful F3 with 85mm f/2 Ai-s for my wife. what have you guys bought recently or what are you waiting for?

Equipment Makesamsung
Camera ModelSM-G930T
Camera SoftwareG930TUVS3APD8
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.7
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)26 mm
Image Width4032
Image Height2268
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:07:14 17:57:09
Exposure Time1/10 sec
F-Numberf/1.7
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating250
Lens Aperturef/1.7
Brightness-1.4 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeAverage
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length4.20 mm
Image Width4032
Image Height2268
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Unique Image IDC12QSJB01SB
>>
>>2883173
i-i do
>>
>>2883699
looks mint, i hope it doesnt go to waste on your wife, uploading pics of her food and clothes and whatever other shit girls take pictures of to her instagram
>>
>>2883704
it definitely is close to mint. a little scratch on the focusing screen, which doesn't matter for IQ at all. got it for $250 plus shipping all told.

rest assured, wifey is a good photog. selfie, food and animal free shooting since 2001.

Equipment Makesamsung
Camera ModelSM-G930T
Camera SoftwareG930TUVS3APD8
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.7
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)26 mm
Image Width4032
Image Height2268
Image OrientationRight-Hand, Top
Image Created2016:07:14 17:59:15
Exposure Time1/10 sec
F-Numberf/1.7
ISO Speed Rating250
Lens Aperturef/1.7
Brightness-1.4 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length4.20 mm
Image Width4032
Image Height2268
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Unique Image IDC12QSJB01SB
>>
>>2883717
>not photographing birds at any opportunity
garbage wife desu
>>
>>2883699
cool, boy do I want an F3.
>can I be your wife?
>>
File: DSCF0354.jpg (2MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0354.jpg
2MB, 2048x1365px
>>2883294
I abuse my fuji XE-1 with rain quite a bit, of course during heavier downpours I go out to shoot with an umbrella, but that doesn't keep the camera from getting pretty wet. I'm a bit worried that if I do this too much it'll crap out on me all of a sudden one day though, which is why I'm contemplating an XT-1.

>>2883298
rain can be inspiring, it offers a change in the environment you usually shoot in. I actually never went out to shoot during the rain for a long period of time, then one day I look through all of my photos and realized that I have absolutely zero photo that depicted rain, so I kinda set that as an assignment for myself - to shoot in the rain for once, and I actually enjoyed it quite a lot thus I do it quite frequently now. you really should try everything out at least once, anon.

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-E1
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.5 (Windows)
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)18 mm
Image Created2016:07:05 08:03:28
Exposure Time1/220 sec
F-Numberf/1.0
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/1.0
Brightness1.6 EV
Exposure Bias-0.7 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length12.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2883699
>what have you guys bought recently?
Bessa R2, Xpan (45&90), A7.

But I'm also selling some of the stuff it's replacing like my M6, X-T10 and One of my Mamiya MF's.
>>
best beginner film set up that has value but isn't dirt cheap?
>>
>>2883895
for beginner just go for a dirt cheap 35mm SLR, look for the big brands such as canon, fujifilm, nikon, pentax etc,

these can be found very cheap but still very good quality with great lenses,

its just because there isnt any demand for old film cameras and there are still quite a lot about
>>
>>2883790
funny you should mention that, we live pretty close to a state park that is great for birding and we've planned to go out with a friend who's really good at that.

>>2883807
it's surprising how much they managed to pack into this thing. I'm pretty impressed with the build quality and nice little features missing from my XD11. the meter is interesting, very simple and intuitive. there are some good deals on eBay right now but most are body only and as expected, pretty beat up considering the majority have been used in the field pretty heavily. worth the effort to find one in good condition.
>>
>>2883294
I have left my gh4 outside in 100kmh winds with rain to shoot timelapse and it's still perfect
>>
I have a Fuji X-Pro 2, the 18-55mm and 24mm lens and now I need money.

If I were to sell this with a bag, the box + manuals for the camera, extra battery, and a couple cards for the camera, what would be a good price to sell it for?
>>
>>2883294
My job we do it weekly. a clear plastic bag will be fine to protect your camera body
>>
I used to have a fujifim camera that ran on double a's. after about a year, it started to drain battery like a mofo. and i mean, like, id put in a brand new set of batteries and they'd be done in about an hour, maybe less. it was awful.
>>
So I'm a beginner too and I guess this would be the best thread for my question.

At the moment I don't have a camera but I've always been kinda interested in photography. Two weeks ago I went on holiday for a weekend, and long story short I want a camera now.

I have a budget of 500/600€ max and some of my friends/or Youtube stuff generaly say that the Canon EOS 600D is good.

So I guess I wanted to know if it's a good idea or if it is stragiht up stupid and that I kind find something better.

I will be mostly using the camera to take landscape/city/building kind of photos (if you see what I mean).
>>
>>2884413
>get paycheck
>acquire X-pro2 and a couple lenses
>realize there's no money left
>better sell it again

Fucking poorfags. Do not buy any gear if you can not truly afford it!
>>
>>2885041

use flickr to research your camera. just search the photos for the camera model you want. then decide what lens you will be using and search for that camera model and that lens.

you can read all the text you want. looking at the actual images a camera produces helped me make a better decision.

a canan rabal t3i is three or so generations outdated. i think canan in on the t6 model now. it's popular because you can walk in to a box retail store and someone making minimum wage can sell you one.
>>
File: newlenses.jpg (71KB, 577x435px) Image search: [Google]
newlenses.jpg
71KB, 577x435px
How much do you guys think the 23mm F2 WR is going to be? was thinking of getting the 23mm F1.4 but seems big and expensive

Image Width577
Image Height435
>>
>>2883062
>>2885214

i got memed into the 23mm 1.4

super super nice lens even though its a little front heavy

should i sell it and buy other lenses
>>
>>2884413
>>
Man, now I want an XT-2. Will wait a few years for the price to drop though
>>
>>2885294
discord sucks fucking ass now
>>
>>2885214
probably around the same price as the 35 f2, I wonder if the 50mm is gonna be more affordable. really interested in the 80mm f2.8 too as I want to try out something narrower and the 90 is so fucking expensive.
any idea on when these are gonna be released, guys?
>>
Where's the best place (cheapest) to get a D800 used in the UK? Ebay is full of early bidding spastics, classifieds and shops are asking a lot.
>>
>>2885857
Why a d800?
>>
>>2886068
Well, is there a better choice among the Nikon full frame cameras? I've already got lenses, so that is pretty much my only criteria. I looked at the D610, but the price difference between the two on ebay is pretty negligible. I have a budget of about £900 at a stretch.
>>
>>2886071
D 7 0 0

Fuck pixels, that's the best DSLR Nikon ever made and you can find them for dirt cheap and if you hunt around you can find some that used to be backup cameras and are very lightly used with a low shutter-count.
>>
>>2886073
Having at least 24MP would be extremely helpful to me, since I often take macro shots.

That said, I'll consider the D700. Is there anything about it that makes it preferable to the D800 aside from price?
>>
>>2886074
Yeah, it comes with a better macro lens too since you're saving money on the body.
>>
>>2886077
I'm happy enough with this 105mm AF-D micro to be honest. Not like I'm going to be able to afford a 200mm AF-D anyway.
>>
File: $_57.jpg (122KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
122KB, 960x1280px
I need some advice: I just won an auction for a Zeiss Jena Sonnar 180/f2.8 MC (P6-mount) on eBay for use on my D7000 (pic related, from the listing).
I am shopping for P6-Nikon F mount adapters right now, but I'm having a couple of points I want advice on:

- Is a western brand an absolute requirement for getting a decent quality adapter? (I doubt it, and actually read some bad stuff about the Fotodiox adapters having either play or getting stuck to bodies/camera's)

- If "no" to the previous point, is "K&F Concepts" good quality for China-stuff? (it has to be sturdy enough for a heavy Zeiss Sonnar of about 1 kg)

- After getting a adapter, how do I go about reducing internal flare caused by using a larger format lens than the sensor? I read about using (rear) baffles for fixing this, but where the hell can I find baffles as aftermarket parts or instructions on creating one myself? I haven't been able to find either on the internet until now, I must be looking in the wrong places.

Also: Yes, a medium format lens on a DX body, I know about the huge crop factor/dimished field-of-view using it this way will cause, but it remains perfectly usable for my intended purposes (astrophotography) with these effects
>>
>>2886084
Well then you can spend that extra money on macro rails to make framing easier or to allow stitching several shots to make up for the lower resolution, or more lights, or maybe even so you can buy more praying mantises and aluminum foil to take 2deep4u photos of, or whatever else. If you don't need any of that stuff then put the money towards a more expensive body instead, I'm just pointing out that spending extra on the body may not necessarily be the best way to improve your photos.
>>
File: KEN_7989-600.jpg (47KB, 600x395px) Image search: [Google]
KEN_7989-600.jpg
47KB, 600x395px
>>2886088
I don't know the answer to your question, but why didn't you just get the Nikon 180mm f/2.8 that already natively fits your camera?
>>
>>2886091
Yeah, that's fair enough. Thanks for your advice. I'll consider the D700.
>>
File: $_12_2.jpg (26KB, 470x500px) Image search: [Google]
$_12_2.jpg
26KB, 470x500px
>>2886092
Very valid question, I considered the Nikkor 180/2.8 AI-S (both ED and non-ED) briefly (and might still get it later) but I decided against it at this time because:
- the angle of view the Zeiss has on my D7000 is very good for astro- and airplane photography (which I'm looking to get into more), and will still good for those purposes be if I ever switch to full-frame digital or medium format
- I am currently contemplating getting started with a cheaper medium camera, possibly a Kiev-60/Pentacon-Six, which for example this lens would fit without a adapter
- The Zeiss is cheaper. I'm on a college-tier budget and won the auction for around 150 euro's for a lens in good condition (pic related), the Nikkor is currently going for at least a good 50-100 euro's more on eBay
- has near-legendary build- and optical quality that is arguably even better than many MF Nikkors, while still being cheaper than the Nikkor option

Don't get me wrong, the Nikkor looks very good to me for its price, but simply has slightly less going for it to me compared to the Zeiss at the moment, and is more expensive to boot
>>
>>2884413
Yo I'll buy XF16mm, it'll go nicely with my 12mm, 10-24mm, 23mm, 27mm, and 56mm

My ONLY complaint with Fuji lenses is that they're not weather sealed. Got loads of dust in my 56mm from using it in the desert. How hard is it to seal and gasket a prime ffs.
>>
>>2885214
omfg, do want WR23mm

Will have to wait for XPro2 to come down in a price a little first and then upgrade all at the same time.
>>
File: fuji.jpg (12KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
fuji.jpg
12KB, 300x200px
>>2883035
It's ironic how a lot of fuji's film cameras only have a "FUJI" badge when all of their digital cameras say "FUJIFILM"
>>
>>2886126
>renamed the company to Fujifilm in 2006 to distinguish from other brands named Fuji
>ironic
>>
>>2886129
it's ironic because fujiFILM cameras are digital, retard.
>>
Fuji X-Pro1 w/ XF 35mm 1.4 or Fuji X100T/S?

Really enjoyed using my X100, which I sold a few months ago
>>
>>2886148
Man, that's a hard call. I traded my X100 in on an X-Pro2 system and love it, but I'm not really sold on the X-Pro1 being a truly usable camera. I think you might be better off trying to get an X-T1 or something, and either way I'd go with the 35/2 over the 1.4.
>>
>>2885232
Up to you bro, I love my 23 f1.4, it's such a solid lens and that bokeh is quite impressive. It's big no doubt, but the quality makes up for it.

If I had the option I'd go for the 23 f2, but that ship has sailed.
>>
>>2886148
the autofocus is going to be really crap with that combo. consider if you really need the f1.4, the XT-1 and 35f2 like the anon said are pretty good
>>
>>2883813
Resize tripfaggot
>>
>>2885214
>>2885232
>>2886173
I love my 23 1.4 as well, and wouldn't think of trading it for the f/2. I know /p/ likes to shit on bokeh whoring, but the ability to pull a nice shallow DoF at 23mm is very useful sometimes. I also really love the focus ring system and wish all of Fuji's lenses had it.

I think the size is a bit overstated, too. It feels big on the cameras it's made for, but it's really still a pretty small lens, about the size of a FF 50 1.4 and much smaller than a FF 35 1.4.

I might go for the f/2 if I were putting it on a small body and using it as a "casual" camera, but on an X-Pro2 or X-T2 and as part of a primary camera system, the 1.4 is definitely the way to go.
>>
>>2886192
I think the size is what makes the camera look awesome - it's big and beefy, looks pro and takes great shots.

I learned that every Fuji lens has a personality, and this one is quite smooth yet strong if that makes sense. I had the 18mm for a while, but it was kind of disappointing in comparison.
>>
which is the best programm to handle the fuji x trans raw files?
>>
>>2886197
Irident Developer

Open source/free options are all crap because the demosaicing is all based on Frank Markesteijn's algorithm which is great for preserving detail but in practice is makes a ton of false color.

I am coding a better demosaicer though.

s t a y
``u
``n
``e
``d
>>
>>2886148
X100T m80. I have an Xpro1, I'm likely selling it for one quite soon. You'll appreciate the updated viewfinder tech in the x100 far more than what is perhaps a slightly better lens in the 35 f1.4. You can hit the same focal lengths with the x100 with the first party adapters anyway, and honestly the smaller size is a blessing.
>>
>>2886197
On Mac probably Iridient.
On Windows I got the sharpest results from PhotoNinja, but I prefer Capture 1's workflow.
Lightroom's fine too t b h. It's improved a lot over the last few updates.
>>
>>2886201
rawtherapee has a list of like 20 different demosaicing options, stop talking out of your arse
>>
>>2886204
and in fact the default (amaze) is far better than lightroom's
>>
>>2886204
...and all of them are all for Bayer sensors.

Changing them does nothing because that code is never run.

The only params for the XTrans demosaic are a choice between 1 or 3-pass markesteijn, 'fast' which looks like it does nearest neighbor (crap), 'mono' which just desaturates everything, and 'none' which doesn't do anything. There is also a 'false color supression steps' slider which doesn't actually work.

all the params in the world mean nothing if the technique is bad, which it is here.

Only this and their preprocessing filters are run, and those aren't the source of all the false color.

I didn't just fall off a turnip truck.
>>
>>2886214
huh i take it all back
godspeed with your project anon
>>
>>2885041
Yea, you can get a decent camera for that.

A6000 kit would be my suggestions. D3300 or K-50 kits should also still be interesting. The rest is for another lens.
>>
>>2883294
>have non-weather sealed canon rebel
>got covered in rain because it unexpectedly started pouring rain one day
>worked
>then some asshole splashes water on me with his car later that day
>still worked
Actually surprised me
>>
is there any alternatives to an all-in-one cataloguing and editing program equivalent to Lightroom?
>>
>>2886251
>>then some asshole splashes water on me with his car later that day
Hey, you're the asshole without a car.
Why don't you have a bit more respect for your superiors?
By the sounds of it, you'll be staying a crop babby for some time with that kind of attitude.
>>
>>2886259
Corel Aftershot Pro
DxO Optics Pro
Phase One Capture One Pro
Rawtherapee
Darktable
Photoninja

Some people also use Picasa.

Pretty much all of these are faster software than LR. Features-wise, you'll have to figure out what works for you by yourself.
>>
>>2886197
lr is a lot better now. I used to use lr5 and the colors always seemed a bit off and sharpness just wasn't there without getting "wormy." lr cc is much improved and will continue to be improved. while the files can't get as sharp as they are on capture one, which is supposedly the best for these files, lr/ps is far cheaper for two powerful applications that run circles around everything else in terms of usability. I'm not pixel peeping or printing huge with a 16mp sensor anyway.
>>
>>2886273
>pretty much all faster
the fuck? I've never had lr feel slow unless you are talking about importing/exporting. even opening a file for ps editing takes 20 seconds with an ssd.
>>
>>2886289
Not all of us can afford SSDs for all of our photos to sit on.

I have a very powerful computer (i7 860, 16gb ram, SSD with programs on it) and Lightroom is still slow on it.

It's all up to the size of your catalogs. I used to have a big catalog for all of my photos, now I use one catalog for work and one for personal stuff, and I make a new catalog every year. It's still slow.
>>
>>2886303

'very powerful computer'
> 7 year old processor.

It's slow because your computer is junk you fucking cuck. 4690k user here and no problems whatsoever.
>>
>>2886305
> you fucking cuck

Really son?

>>>/pol/

Take that shit over their munchkin.
>>
File: DSC_5635-0600.jpg (170KB, 600x1082px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_5635-0600.jpg
170KB, 600x1082px
Is the L version of this lens significantly better in picture quality? Enough to warrant the 3x increase in price?
>>
>>2886305
How big is your catalog(s)?
>>
>>2886305
>processor is X years old
> must be shit
You don't know much about computers do you..
>>
So what can i use to clean the View finder of My Canon AE-1 It seems to have a Haze or some sort of black dust all over the Sight even without the Lens on it
>>
>>2886315
AE-1 Program
Also when i bought it it didnt have a cap over the Opening so im guessing it sat for a while and lots of dust got on it
>>
File: memecamera.jpg (125KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
memecamera.jpg
125KB, 1000x1000px
richfag here
Best lens/body combo for $3000?

I'd like a good 50, and and maybe a 28 or wider.
My priorities are fast AF, good night performance, and video.
>>
>>2886326
Best lens/body combo for what you idiot?
>>
>>2886329
I thought richfag would clarify that I don't have a specific purpose for it
Street photography, portaits, landscapes, architecture, startrails.
Pretty much everything.
>>
>>2886326
>>2886338
A 6D with a 24-70 2.8 II would work here, but you want video. The 6D is abysmal at video but excels in all of your other criteria

You could probably wait for the 6D II though.
>>
>>2886326
You want a camera to show off with, so mirrorless will be the way to go. Bigger is better, so it has to be Sony. So get a a7II, 50/1.8, and 28/2.
>>2886308
The 70-300L sucks dick.
>>
>>2886326
> $3k for camera + 2 lenses
Can't see why you mentioned that you are a richfag - that's just a normal FF setup.

Anyhow, a D750 or A7 II and the two lenses you mentioned should work out okay?
>>
>>2886326
>>2886338
I assume you don't know shit about photography, since you think that $3000 is some impressive amount of money which will get you a full high-end kit, and since you have only a vague idea of what you even want to shoot and what specifications you want. Just that camera is going to eat up 2/3 of your budget if you buy new, and of course you wouldn't buy used if you were enough of a pompous asshole to introduce yourself as a ""richfag""

Get a nice entry level kit with one lens and see if you like it. Then when you've stuck to it for a while and gotten a better idea of what you need and gotten competent enough to reach the limits of your entry-level gear you'll probably have a much better idea of what you actually want to buy instead of just buying whatever meme-camera of the month happens to be the most hyped up by the internet gear circlejerk.
>>
>>2886352
>You want a camera to show off with, so mirrorless will be the way to go.

lolno

DSLR's are way better for showing off than mirrorless.
Normies think an A7 is a point and shoot, and that a Rebel is professional.

That said, like >>2886354 and >>2886355 pointed out: $3k isn't exactly show-off territory.

>>2886338
A D500 with a Sigma 18-35 f/1.8 is the best you could do new, but you should really consider the second hand bin.
>>
>>2886349
That's a good idea, but I find zooms make me a worse photographer. I'd rather work with one L prime instead of a zoom though.
>>2886352
Don't want to show off, put richfag because I don't feel like getting attacked for spending that much on a hobby.
The 50 1.8 is manual focus, iirc. Metabones and nikon/canon should be fine though.
>>2886355
I know a fair amount about photography. I've gone through a Nikon D3200, Fuji X100S, 5D mk2, Fuji XT-1, and now I'm on a Leica M8.
I introduced myself as "richfag" because I'm buying this gear as a hobby, and not for clients/business etc. Also to repel pentax fags. I've never bought a camera new though.
>>2886354
See above for why.
>>
>>2886363
Don't want to show off, and I don't care about new. I'll probably end up with something like the A7 II, 85mm 1.8 Zeiss, and 35mm f1.4 L with metabones
>>
>>2886366
>to repel pentax

all you needed to say was fast autofocus

you're a fag alright.
>>
>>2883035
What's a good camera to take pictures of very small insects with?
>>
File: tragic.jpg (4KB, 151x122px) Image search: [Google]
tragic.jpg
4KB, 151x122px
>>2886396
p.p..plz respond.
>>
>>2886396
One with interchangeable lenses so you can put a macro lens on.
>>
>>2886396
>>2886435
google macro lens + reviews. find a nice lens then search for a brand for the camera purchase
>>
what is babby's first camera?
>>
>>2886464
Kodak Brownie Hawkeye
Nikon S2
Hasselblad SWC
Plaubel Makina 67
Ricoh GR21
Graflex Speed Graphic
Inserting a sheet of photo paper into your ass and using your sphincter as a pinhole
Unrolling a roll of film in broad daylight and then developing it to produce abstract blank photographs

Those are all pretty basic
>>
>>2886366
>The 50 1.8 is manual focus, iirc. Metabones and nikon/canon should be fine though.
The FE 50 1.8.
>>
Just getting into photography, been reading a bunch of shit and plan on hitting up the flea market this weekend to find a cheap 35mm film camera with a manual mode (or even fully manual) and a 50mm lens

Anyways, my question is about light meters, specifically built in light meters. From what I've read so far you use aperture size, shutter speed, and ISO to control exposure. I understand light meters are also used to control exposure, but how are they related to the aperture, shutter speed and ISO? If the light meter on a camera breaks is the camera totally useless? Or are they just used for Automatic modes and control shutter speed or aperture by themselves? I hope I'm making any sense at all. Most of the things I'm finding on Google deal with DSLRs and those external light meters but not much for built in ones on film cameras

Also, I guess some general tips on making sure you aren't buying a totally busted camera at the flea market?
>>
>>2886515
The light meter just tells you how over/under exposed your photo will be based on the settings you've set up.

It will tell you when you've got the "right" exposure, but you still need to be a careful study of the relationship between your shutter speed/aperture etc.

If the meter is fucked you're fine, a lot of cheap old film cameras are fully mechanical aside from the meter, and you can just use a phone app to meter.
>>
>>2886515
The light meter only tells you whether or not the camera settings you have chosen are at, above, or below the "perfect" exposure. It is up to you to choose the correct settings for your composition and light level.

Cameras with automatic exposure modes (program, priority) use the meter to adjust the exposure values necessary to meet a pre-determined exposure value. You may or may not have exposure compensation or different metering patterns that allow you to tweak how the camera's automatic algorithms behave.

If such a meter is inoperative on a camera using any automatic exposure mode, naturally, the camera will not give an accurate exposure, if at all.

An experienced photographer will know the behaviour and limitations of their metering system, allowing them to get the correct exposure envisioned. Center-weighted meters, for example, are easily fooled by light sources in the center portion of the viewfinder (headlights and such). Matrix meters tend to be a whole different ball game, with each one's metering algorithm unique to the camera. Generally speaking, matrix meters are rather reliable though.
>>
>>2886520
>If the meter is fucked you're fine, a lot of cheap old film cameras are fully mechanical aside from the meter, and you can just use a phone app to meter.

and by that I meant like your Canon AE1 or Nikon FM2 or a lot of other old starter SLR's that are cheap and fully manual. Those are what you should keep an eye out for.
>>
>>2886509
slow as fuck lens motor.
hunts every time.
>>
>>2886092
>buying a native lens when you can use 'dem legendary MF lenses on your Mirrorless and SLR
>not wanting people to walk up to you constantly asking what lens you're using
>not depriving people who are using actual medium format cameras of lenses so you can have a budget telephoto lens
It's like you're not even a real photographer xD

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-T10
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.4 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.2
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)84 mm
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:05:07 18:29:06
Exposure Time1/180 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Brightness-2.0 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length56.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2886528
>medium format on apsc
why would anyone do that?
>>
>>2886530
Because I can. I just happened to have a few adapters I could put together to make it work.

It's not as if I bought the lens just to show off. I am after all a Zenzanon shill.
>>
So I wanna get my first camera and learn this shit.

Pentax k-30 is looking like a decent first buy, 300 from Ebay with a lens.

Is this a good buy?
>>
Any idea when the price of a gr or gr2 will drop? You used to be able to get a new gr2 for $600 and now a month later they're $700+, with the gr prices following.
>>
>>2886539
300...with the lens, sounds decent if the gear isn't fubar. what's the lens? does it come with a charger, a card, a strap, a bag? if not you need to regulate money towards those too
>>
Nikonfag here.

Right now, my only zoom lens is this thing:

https://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Nikkor-35-80mm-f4-5-6D-Zoom/dp/B000RF8BAO

Is it worth the trouble to replace this with a more recent "kit zoom" or should I keep it until I can get a more high-end zoom?

It focuses on the d7200 with the screw drive, so at least that works.
>>
Newbie here getting a D3300 with the 18-55mm , what would be the best everyday lense to start with to replace the crap one it comes with?
>>
File: W I D E R.jpg (1MB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
W I D E R.jpg
1MB, 1920x1280px
So I got to play with a friend's Tokina 16-28mm f/2.8... It's such an awesome lens for the price. Half of that of the Tamron 15-30mm f/2.8 VC USD with awesome optical performance.

Which one should I buy to complete my UWA kit (pic related) /p/?

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 6D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
PhotographerRay Neal Caird
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.8
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:07:14 11:41:00
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/1.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating3200
Lens Aperturef/1.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length50.00 mm
Image Width1920
Image Height1280
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>2886696
I think you should make up your mind about the redundant gear. But we talked about this in the previous thread didn't we?
>>
>>2886718
>he doesn't have 14 zoom lenses
>>
>>2886628
Just bum a 18-55 VRII off somebody who doesn't want it like >>2886645. Alternatively save up for a 16-85 VR.

>>2886645
But it doesn't come with a crap lens.
>>
>>2886718
>>2886721
I need all the gear for flexibility. Though I just need an f/2.8 to round out my UWA zooms.
>>
>>2886728
Why buy an f/2.8 when you will only use it at f/4 or f/5.6 tops?
>>
>>2886730
Or even f/8 for max corner sharpness?
>>
>>2886696
I went with a Rokinon prime myself. But why do you feel your kit is incomplete?

It seems more redundant than incomplete.
>>
>>2886730
>>2886731
UWA portraits and low-light street photography.
>>
>>2886733
UWA primes are just too restrictive imho. That's like a very occasional lens. I always have to zoom in every now and then with my UWA zooms.
>>
>>2886736
>UWA portraits
You're an idiot
>>
>>2886739
You should try it dawg.

I thought the same too only using teles, at the very least 50mm, but since getting into UWA portraits, it just adds so much "drama" to the scene.
>>
Has anyone else picked up a Lumix GX85? How are you liking it?

So far I can't get mine to do jack shit in low light.
>>
>>2886742
Use a flash.
>>
Looking to retire my Canon Speedlite 430EX II. Is the 430EX-RT III version a worthy upgrade or should I go full retard with the 600EX-RT? I need faster cycle speeds (using Eneloop Pros/Blacks) as well as just more power.
>>
>>2886741
Perspective distortion is not equal to drama you imbecile
>>
>>2886746
Keep thinking inside the box brah. I'll be having fun with and getting paid for my UWA portraits :^)
>>
>>2886743
Everything still looks like shit. Even in bright light the photos aren't that great. They're like Fuji X-20 and 30 quality.

Panasonic must have shilled hard for the great reviews this camera has.

I'll probably return it.
>>
>>2886750
Of course it's going to be shit in low-light. If it's not fool frame, it's not low-light capable.
>>
>>2886755
Tell that to Fuji.
>>
>>2886756
See >>2886755
>>
>>2886756
Or Pentax. Or Nikon. Or anyone not Canon.
>>
>>2886303
you put the photos on an hdd or an external hard drive and have the catalog, which is not a large file, and your smart previews on your ssd.

it runs perfectly smoothly on my 2012 mbp which is not a powerhouse. optimize your file storage.
>>
>>2886760
Except for Panasonic, apparently. This GX85 isn't cutting it.
>>
>>2886776
mft sensors are unusable past iso 1600, even that is high for them. why else do you think they talk up their image stabilization so you can hand hold at 1/10s? god forbid your subject has a pulse.
>>
>>2886778
I knew stepping down to mft was a mistake. I'm returning this piece of shit.

I like to do a lot of street stuff. What good is street stuff if I can't ever go out at night without my photos looking like trash?

The EVF and LCD on the GX85 are also both laggy as fuck, which reviews never mention.
>>
File: 71VUC9GkHsL._SL1020_.jpg (125KB, 1000x1020px) Image search: [Google]
71VUC9GkHsL._SL1020_.jpg
125KB, 1000x1020px
Anybody have firsthand experience with these Godox flashes? I've heard a few good things and not many bad ones, and their two light + TX kit seems like a pretty decent way to get a workable off-camera flash setup for my Fuji system.
>>
>>2886780
>he didnt try it out in a store
>he didnt ask questions on forums for user review
>he didnt email reviewers to expand on topics they didnt cover
>he didnt buy the camera with the correct combination of hardware for his photographic needs
You brought this all upon yourself. I'd gladly pick up a GX85 to use as my vacation camera/snapshitter, but I'd never pick it up when the light levels drop or as my main do everything camera. If you went out and dropped $800-1200 on a camera system (or anything for that matter) you'd better be damn well sure it's what you wanted and what you needed.

Either git gud or git out.
>>
>>2886808
I actually didn't know shit about cameras when I started out. just went to a store being awkward and nervous as fuck, barely tested any functions out or asked the clerks any question because I knew jackshit. just bought the camera and went home. now I look back and I'm so glad I just happened to go with a fuji because of one sole reason then:
>muh rangefinder aesthetics
>>
>>2886808
I did try it in store. The model GX85 they had seemed to work out better than the one I got my hands on.
>>
>>2886820
Maybe it's user error. But I'm sure you're right, just return it and spend more money on more gear that will surely make your photos better.
>>
>>2886820
The viewfinder/EVF of any mirrorless camera bogs down in low light conditions when you have image exposure preview turned on, and the shutter speed drops below 1/60. Now you're previewing at less than 60 fps.

Resolve this by turning off image preview (thereby allowing the camera to choose any exposure to get the viewfinder image bright), getting faster lenses (the f1.8 primes at a minimum), using a tripod for static scenery, or killing your self.

If it's pitch black outside, then you're just being daft; no camera's going to give you a nice clean image short of a SOTA FF camera. I still wouldnt bring a M43 camera with me into a EV 4-6 situation.

Your only solutions now are gitting gud, buying 0.95/1.2/1.4/1.8 primes for M43, going Fuji and 1.2/1.4/2 primes, or killing yourself.
>>
>>2886828
>Resolve this by turning off image preview
Oh shit, thanks.

This is much better and makes it so much more usable.
>>
>>2886746
>you imbecile
how difficult is it for you to have some opposing view without resorting to childish remarks? Grow the fuck up
>>
Get Canon 6D for $1200 or get X-Pro1 and spend the rest on lenses?
6D is FF but Fuji has cheaper primes that I find interesting, and it's smaller.
At the moment I am shooting mostly with 50D with some cheap M42 lenses.
>>
>>2886868
get an xe2 over xpro1
>>
File: nikon_afs80-200.jpg (144KB, 1000x581px) Image search: [Google]
nikon_afs80-200.jpg
144KB, 1000x581px
I have this model of the Nikon 80-200mmF2.8

It's in good condition, 8/10 with hood. should I sell it and buy a 50mm 1.4 and a 70-300VR or should I sticky with it?

my main goal is: versatility for tele and a good QI for portraits. with this 2.8 I had the sweet 135mm spot, but I don't know if a 50mm1.4 would be better
>>
Helluw!

I have recently picked up photography as a means to just document events and happenings. It just usually just point and shoot photography.

I have currently a Canon 450D i bought from my sister. I like it, but i think a DSLR is a bit too big to carry around.

I have taken a look at mirrorless cameras, like Sony A5100 and Sony A6000, and that's the price range i'm looking at.

Any recommendations? I'd also love some opinions on lenses as i don't really have any clue what to look for.
>>
>>2886870
I'm not actually convinced by EVF
>>
>>2886872
definitely do not sell that thing. Those lenses are great and versatile. If you're doing portraits this is exactly the lens you need.
>>
>>2886875
The X-Pro1's EVF is even worse than the X-E2, and the OVF is borderline useless in the Pro1, since you have no way to confirm focus. IMO it wasn't until the X100T and Pro2 that the OVF became useful.
>>
>>2886879
ty anon
>>
>>2886872
I'll vote to keep it as well. It's a great lens, and if you want the extra reach of the 70-300 you can pick up a cheap 1.4x TC and have 300 f/4 instead of the 70-300's 5.6.

What body are you using? If you want a really sharp portrait lens with shallow DoF and you're on FF, I'd suggest grabbing a Rokinon/Samyang/Bower/etc 85 1.4, it's dirt cheap and optically excellent.
>>
>>2886886
and how much different will be the experience using fuji's EVF instead of 50D OVF?
>>
>>2886872
The 70-300 is quite soft beyond 200mm.
So you won't really gain any reach compared to cropping your current (sharp) 200mm image.

Just get a 50 f/1.8 if you can't afford an f/1.4
You could even get the Yongnuo (the Canon nify-fifty clone) in Nikon mount.
>>
>>2886902
I'm not gonna lie and tell you it's the same, but it's really not bad. I was quite pleasantly surprised when I got my original X100, you definitely know you're using an EVF but it doesn't really get in the way of taking photos.

Actually, I just realized that for basically the same price as that 6D, you could get the "deluxe" X-T10 kit with the 18-55 2.8-4. The X-T10 is a much better body than the X-Pro1 or E2, and the 18-55 is a really nice lens, closer in quality to a 24-70 than other brands' 18-55 kit lenses, and the viewfinder quality is pretty similar to an APS-C DSLR. Grab that and a cheap M42 adapter for the lenses you have, and you'd have a decent kit.

If you're in the US, by the way, Best Buy carries Fuji cameras including the X-T10 and E2S, I'd recommend trying one in the store to see how you like the EVF. I was impressed enough by it that I sold my whole Nikon FF kit and replaced it with an X-Pro2 setup, but not everybody will feel the same way.
>>
>>2883035
I am new to photography and I got a nikon d3200 and an AF-S nikkor 50mm 1.8g. I'm looking for a higher focal length lens but I only have $110. is there a good (used) lens i can get?
>>
>>2886919
I'm gonna check nearby BB to see what they have
before I got 50D I had Sony HX-1 with electronic viewfinder and it was shit, so that's why I'm not really convinced by switching back to EVF from OVF
oh and I've found X-Pro2 body for $750, is it much better than T10/E2S?
>>
>>2886945
The X-Pro2 is awesome, but I have trouble believing that $750 is legit.

EVFs have come a looooong way since stuff like that HX-1, as well. Even the worst Fuji EVFs (like the X-Pro1) will totally blow something like that out of the water.
>>
File: 2016-07-21 08.30.28.jpg (1MB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-21 08.30.28.jpg
1MB, 1920x1280px
What do I have here exactly?

Image OrientationUnknown
>>
>>2886948
$750 for used one buuuuuut it's gone
>>
>>2886967
The two on the left are teleconverters. They go between lens and camera. They take away light and narrow your field of view.
>>
>>2886967
Nothing of value. Don't even bother trying to sell them.
You might be able to start a fire or kill ants with them if you absolutely have to extract a use.
>>
>>2886289

Try it with a bunch of uncompressed raw A7RII files.

Fucking crawls.
>>
>>2886509

The FE 50 1.8 is terrible. Focus is so slow it could be a Fuji. You'd be better of doing manual focus. Maybe if it sold for $50 it would be worth it.
>>
>>2886941
55-200VR
>>
>>2887000
>>2887001
>cant even make a plain old 50 mm that autofocuses
>cant even use compressed raws
>camera locks up while writing images
>ass for ergonomics
>menus keep changing
>no lens (inb4 3rd party and adapted lenses)
Sony pls. Your sensors and OSPDAF are amazing, but please, stick to those.
>>
>>2887001
It's so disappointing because the old 50 1.8 OSS is wonderful.
>>
>>2887041

>It's so disappointing because the old 50 1.8 OSS is wonderful

Just when APS-C e-mount gets a nice full line of lenses, Sony releases full frame and it is back to ::no lenses::.

Optically it is a fine lens, the autofocus speed is just bad. If they fix the focus speed in a firmware update it will be a steal. It isn't really unusable either. Just falls short of every other e-mount lens.

If you want a fullframe 50mm though, it'd be better to go with the 55mm zeiss. Absolutely fantastic lens.
>>
Anyone? >>2886745 There's the 600EX-RT II for $450 (20% off) at the moment.
>>
>>2887007
>OSPDAF
nigga what?
>>
>>2887110
>what is google
literally google OSPDAF and find out in 9 seconds of reading, gramps
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-20-23-45-52.png (629KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-20-23-45-52.png
629KB, 1080x1920px
Is this a good kit to start nightclub photography?
>>
>>2887110

on sensor phase detect autofocus

tl;dr - it focuses fast

Sony has also opened up its autofocus to third parties which is why we see almost perfect autofocus adapters like the MC-11, Metabones IV, and techart pro.
>>
are these any good?
>>
>>2887077
Optically it is Jimmy Hendrix, purple haze everywhere
>>
>>2887156
Apart from the Leica they are pretty shit
>>
I'm thinking of getting a Canon t90, what are your thoughts on it?
>>
>>2887156
The Fujica will give you by far the best quality.

The lens is great, no distortion and sharp+contrasty.
>>
>>2887195
:3
>>
I was interested in buying an X-Pro1, but the lenses are farely pricey. I've read online that old m39 mount lenses are a cheap alternative.
Is it worth buying an X-Pro1 and 3 or so of these lenses or nah?
>>
>>2887149
why would you do that.
>ugly drunk people.
>bad lightning conditions.
>shitty to no pay,
>day two someone spills a tequila sunrise on your non weatherproof lens and its filled with icky pink sugar fluid.

>so glamorous
>>
>>2886970
Cheers
>>2886972
>You might be able to start a fire or kill ants with them if you absolutely have to extract a use.

Sick
>>
ayy when are fuji lenses going to go back down in price again? they all shot up like $400 at the start of july. do they just go on "sale" twice a year?
>>
>>2885041
Where are you from? I have 600D to sell. With 2 lenses and minimally used.
>>
>>2887213
Canada just had a promotion. Lens sale plus $50 MIR per lens or camera purchase.
>>
>>2887213
never.
yen stronk.
>>
>>2887199
you haven't gone to the right clubs, barney
>>
>>2887326
>implying a guy who has to ask p if a 124$ flash kit is any good, will ever get a gig at such clubs
>>
I have a Gasmatron Tourex Lk4500S
i was thinking of ionseismic lens.
any thoughts ?
>>
>>2883037
>I'm v uncomfortable with OP image not being a pentax.
Translation:
>look at me i am better at photography than op because the image is not pentax
>>
>>2886972
>You might be able to start a fire or kill ants with them
Do you even optics?
>>
>>2887327
in what world does one have to do with the other? I hot poor girl can get into any club and a good photographer with connections can follow her right in
>>
>>2887199
Nightclub photography ain't the most glamorous but doing 3-4 gigs a week nets me $750-800 cash in hand/tax free.

Takes me all week to edit though.
>>
>>2887333
Do you?

Hint: them is plural
>>
>>2887327
I already got offers and I can't afford a $400 one. Do you have any actual advice or suggestions for ones under 200?
>>
>>2887213
Fuji seems to do them pretty frequently, like two months of promotion followed by two months of no promo, rinse and repeat. If nothing else, I'd guess we'll see another round of rebates around the X-T2 launch.

And yeah, I'm bummed that I missed the end of the last one too. I was planning on picking up a 16mm this month and thought the rebates ended at the end of July, not the beginning.
>>
File: konica 1.jpg (440KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
konica 1.jpg
440KB, 1024x768px
I got my hands on this thing here. Are Hexanons meme lenses or actually worth using? The camera is in near mint condition and it seems the macro Hexanon it came with is worth some money, so I haven't yet decided whether to keep it or sell it. I'm heavily invested in M42's so I'm not sure whether having Konica AR on the side is worth it. What do you guys think? Sell or keep and buy a nifty fifty Hexanon or something?

Equipment MakeOLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
Camera ModelE-M10
Camera SoftwareOLYMPUS Viewer 3 2.0.1W
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Color Filter Array Pattern11644
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2016:07:19 20:01:44
White Point Chromaticity0.3
Exposure Time1/20 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
ISO Speed Rating800
Exposure Bias-1 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length0.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width4608
Image Height3456
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2887353
why don't you do weddings? at least it's during the day and not in late night.
>>
>>2887400
I hate doing weddings. Too much bullshit and too many things to go wrong. But of course better monies. I've only done two so far.

Nightclub photography is easy and fun as fuck. I get free drinks and drunk bitches to fuck around with while I take snapshits.

Although both have equal amounts of photo-editing to do though.
>>
>>2887404
Any advice for an external flash and trigger under $200.
>>
>>2887422
Flashlight from Home Depot.
>>
>>2887399
AR Hexanons are pretty nice. Some mediocre, some great.

Get the 50/1.7, it's cheap and crazy sharp, even wide-open. Look it up, it was one of the sharpest 50mm f/1.8-1.7 lenses of the time. There were multiple versions IIRC, but they all had the same optical formula.
The 40/1.8 is also a nice pancake lens.
>>
File: 5d.jpg (190KB, 1280x964px) Image search: [Google]
5d.jpg
190KB, 1280x964px
will canon be discontinuing service for the 5D Mark II soon? I'm asking because I have the original 5D and would like to upgrade but would hate if Canon couldn't service the camera if I damaged it for whatever reason
>>
File: image.jpg (958KB, 2304x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
958KB, 2304x1536px
Need a new DSLR <$500

Mine is like 10 years old and can barely take a good pic even with a tripod.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT
Image Created2016:03:16 06:13:00
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/4.5
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashFlash, Auto, Red-Eye Reduce
Focal Length105.00 mm
Image Width2304
Image Height1536
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>2887526
Pentax K-5
>>
>>2887526
If you really think your body is the problem I don't think a new one is going to make a difference
>>
>>2887531
Nice sly comment bro.

Will probably just ask my friend with 120k INSTA followers his advice because y'all too rude for me.
>>
>>2887532
We're not being rude, apparently your ego is deluding you to the fact that if your equipment is the problem, you need a new lens instead of a new body.

The photo you posted suggests user error. Do you understand how your AF system works?
>>
>>2887532
Normie pls go
We dont need your spoonfed casual fuccboi attitude here. Go help yourself or kill yourself.
>>
File: image.jpg (590KB, 2304x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
590KB, 2304x1536px
>>2887533
Okay good, I understand my lenses are shit too, but I thought you meant I was unskilled, which is true. I just want a camera like my friends where he doesn't need to use long exposure he can just brighten it up in Lightroom and get a better shot than me in half the time.

>>2887530
Seems like a good deal from what Wikipedia says, will it be good for portraits and bandos and long exposures?

Thank you all for advice.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT
Image Created2016:06:10 10:47:48
Exposure Time3.2 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramShutter Priority
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePartial
Focal Length50.00 mm
Image Width2304
Image Height1536
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>2886972
>You might be able to start a fire or kill ants
I thought this was funny

However...

Two of the optics pictured diverge the light and thus decrease the intensity of the light. The telephoto adapter may increase the light by a factor of about x2.

The telephoto lens adapter may induce an ant BBQ fest with deck chairs and icecream, but not a certain death.

Sorry to be a pedant but ant lives matter (and knowing the difference between a positive and negative lens).
>>
>>2886948
been to BB but nothing from fujifilm in there, maybe I will have some spare time during weekend to check the other ones
in the meantime I did some reading on fuji cameras and now I'm stuck between X-Pro1, XT1 and E2S
the X-Pro1 is still the one most appealing to me
>>
>>2887362
forgot this
>>2887574
>>
>>2887535
why did you use shutter priority with a still flower?
>>
>>2887587
It was a long exposure. That's just the Tv mode on a canon. Afaik
>>
>>2887593
ah k
>>
>>2887535
I don't think the lenses or the body or the problem.

Clearly you need to practice and learn how to compose.
>>2887575
E2/E2S unless you really, really need weather sealing.
X-Pro 1 if you can put up with the oldest X series body.
>>
File: domke_wraps-5.jpg (944KB, 1500x1546px) Image search: [Google]
domke_wraps-5.jpg
944KB, 1500x1546px
>>2887166
>>2887195
I mean the fucking protective wrap thing you cunts

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS2 Macintosh
Image Created2008:12:05 11:45:27
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1500
Image Height1546
>>
>>2887624
They're pretty nice. You can get a good tight fit on pretty much anything, and they're well padded.

Also, I dunno why Domke advertises them with the nylon side inside and the fuzzy side outside, the other way around makes way more sense and that's how I use mine.
>>
is A6000 a good option ? I want something smaller than my DSLR to carry around more.
>>
File: C395.jpg (43KB, 400x364px) Image search: [Google]
C395.jpg
43KB, 400x364px
found one of these in an abandoned semi trailer, everything mechanically seems to work fine, and the lens is pristine. going to do some test shots soon.

did i do good /p/?

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 1000D
Camera SoftwareDigital Photo Professional
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2008:12:09 13:14:17
Exposure Time3.2 sec
F-Numberf/36.0
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/36.4
Exposure Bias1.3 EV
Focal Length55.00 mm
Image Width400
Image Height364
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>2887677
>did i do good /p/?
Yes great job stealing someone's property, ya nignog
>>
>>2887677
>found one for free
>seems to be in pristine condition
>did i do good
if you can top this all with actually having the right to legally take stuff out of said semi trailer then what the fuck are you asking /p/ if you did good?
These fucking spoonfed faggots
>>
>>2887688
>>2887689
wow, you guys are salty.

company i work for acquired the trailers, everything in them had to be thrown out.

>did i do good
was wondering if it was a decent camera and thought maybe some people on this board would have some insight.
>>
Is there a decent enough cheap m42 fisheye?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (61KB, 1061x501px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
61KB, 1061x501px
Choosing between these three tripods. Is it good to have the support arm at the bottom?

PhotographerBenny Leung
>>
>>2887708
None of these, for the love of god.
Any tripod with that extra bracing is trash.

buy this
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MeFOTO-BackPacker-Travel-Tripod-White-/191924508899
>>
>>2887691
>haven't yet realized /p/ is 80% unhelpful 19 year old redditors who come here to insult whoever they can because on reddit they'd get downvoted and banned
>>
>>2887725
Nice projection faggot, fuck off back to your safe space.
>>
>>2887724
Are you the seller? Stretching my budget I will pay you $150 cash pick up earliest tonight
>>
File: tammy70200.jpg (44KB, 481x898px) Image search: [Google]
tammy70200.jpg
44KB, 481x898px
Got this for $650, in perfect condition and came with an old Hoya 77 ND filter too... I'm so fucking happy right now :D

>>
>>2887733
Happy for you anon, now go out and take photos
>>
>>2887620
And is there huge difference in IQ between them or just try both of them in hand and just pick the one that suits me best?
>>
>>2887734
I got it this morning, tried do to some street shooting (tiring work) then in the afternoon went to a shooting assignment. Had to fall back on my 24-70mm f/2.8 VC though since it was a very tight and small venue. Already earning me monies though :)

Now I need a proper backpack. Something with a quick access door and a can hold three zoom lenses (12-24mm, 24-70mm and 70-200mm) as well as my Canon EOS 6D with a flashgun and 50mm f/1.8.

Budget is $350.

Something inconspicuous (doesn't look like a camera bag) would be a big bonus too.
>>
>>2887733
I know how you feel anon, I got the non-VC version for $500 and I'm still coming buckets from it's sharpness.
Have fun
>>
>>2887733
>>2887737
Also for the best results try to dial in the AF microadjustment. I had to put -1 for mine to have the sharpest irises in portraits.
>>
>>2887376

I wanted that 14mm but they were out of stock. Then it jumped way up in price. Had I known I would have bought it and wanted for them to fill the back order.
>>
Anyone ever tried the betterlight scan backs?
>>
>>2887766
Ask Sugar.
>>
>>2887669
just gotta carry more batteries if you shoot a ton
>>
>>2887677
>>2887691
just ignore the forever trolls. it's a decent camera. Take shots and post results. Never reply to assholes that are negative, they thrive on it
>>
>>2887736
I'm with the ideology of using non camera bags with padded inserts. Maybe a used and scuffed hiking backpack with thick shoulder straps to reduces neck/shoulder fatigue

but if you're carrying a ton of zoom gear and other things you may need to go with a more solid suitcase style version
>>
File: Screw.jpg (65KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Screw.jpg
65KB, 1000x1000px
I just bought 4 these to put various things on it, including maybe a counterweight.
Will it hold? Or is the Flip-out thing just for turning it per hand?
>>
File: matsind2.png (24KB, 390x434px) Image search: [Google]
matsind2.png
24KB, 390x434px
>>2887783
There is only one way to find out - put it to test.
Anchor it to the edge of a sturdy table and mount the heaviest counterweight you will ever use PLUS an extra few kilograms and leave it over night.

Or keep putting on weight until it snaps, so you will know how heavy it can hold.
>>
>>2887778

I get around 400+ shots off of my a7ii.

Yea it isn't a lot, but that is like two days of shooting for me.

I'd consider the battery grip, but the price is a fucking joke.
>>
File: 2016-07-22 07.39.18.jpg (456KB, 1632x918px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-22 07.39.18.jpg
456KB, 1632x918px
I got me this 8008s long ago from my dad. I want to get into film and have for a long time, is this a good capable place to start? Glass is standard 35-70

Camera ModelSM-N910V
Equipment Makesamsung
Image Created2016:07:22 07:39:18
FlashNo Flash
F-Numberf/2.2
Focal Length4.80 mm
Exposure Bias1 EV
White BalanceAuto
Image Width1632
ISO Speed Rating800
Image Height918
Exposure Time1/15 sec
>>
>>2887778
How is it different to A5000 ? It's much cheaper..
>>
>>2887738
How the fuck do I dial in AF tuning? Do I need to go through each mm to get it pin sharp.
>>
>>2887475
Alright, thanks. I assume the 1.8 variants are fine too. How about the 1.4/50 Hexanon? Could get one for 75 bucks. Worth it or should I just stick with the 1.8 that I can get for half as much?
>>
>>2887813
I do it at the longest end of a zoom lens. Most non-shit lenses tend to behave the same throughout the zoom range regarding the AF.
Place a bit of contrasty thing, box or something for the AF to latch on and a piece of paper with markings, or a ruler. Set the adjustment one step at a time, take a shot and compare.
>>
>>2887781
I wanna backpack because I'll be doing a fair bit of hiking and exploring with my kit. I had a good look at the lowepro range but they're definitely too "obvious" imho.
>>
>>2887814
No, do not get the 1.8, it's apparently a bit worse and you can just as easily get the 1.7.

The 1.4 I forgot to mention in my first post. It's also a very nice lens. Both are good value for money, but you can more easily find the 50/1.7 for a bargain price.

Here's a guy who tested a lot of fast 50s, and the 50/1.4 Hexanon is one of his favorites: http://www.verybiglobo.com/konica-hexanon-ar-50mm-f1-4-legacy-50mm-which-one-is-the-best-part-6/
(test of 50/1.7 is part 7)

>Both Konica Hexanon lenses are great performers. Outstanding sharpness, together with lack of CA, neutral color rendition, very good contrast and pleasant bokeh, makes them hot candidates for the best legacy 50mm lenses.
>Between the two, I would personally choose faster one, because the price difference is rather small, and one extra stop, as well as half click stops of the aperture and shorter minimum focusing distance makes more attractive in my eyes. However with f1.7 you get smaller and better balanced body on Sony NEX which for some, could be a deal breaker.
>>
Sigma 35mm f/1.4 ART vs Tamron 35mm f/1.8 VC USD

Fuck, I don't know which know to go for.
>>
>>2887814
hexanon are a crap shoot. just like sony they have poor quality control. get canon fd, pentax m or minolta md instead.

>>2887836
hexanon 50 1.7 is a bit heavy because of the metal body, i have one and sold it because pentax m 50 1.7 and olympus om 50 1.8 is lighter.

if on apsc check out olympus pen f 38mm f1.8 and 40mm f1.4.

>>2887840
both are good. get the smegma if you want a 1.4.
>>
>>2887836
Gotcha, I think I'll grab the 1.4 once my payday rolls around next week. Looking at the photos in that article, it seems really nice and crispy at 2.8, I like that. Will probably sell the macro lens though.
>>
>>2886528
>>2886530

It's like you didn't read >>2886101

Anyway, the lens has arrived and my adapter is in shipping, I went with a K&F.
>>
>>2887811
No viewfinder, worse AF system, no flash hotshoe, also has a lower resolution sensor.

Get the A6000 or even the A6300, they're much better.
>>
>>2886919
>The X-T10 is a much better body than the or E2
It has literally the same guts in the different shape. Oh, year, and flippy floppy screen. And useless build-in flash which cant even work as fill light flash.
>>
>>2887708
I have the manfrotto, the handle is superior. Two years ago it cost me about $80, no regret.
>>
>>2887857
the flappy slappy screen is super useful, you can use it as a waistlevel viewfinder
>>
>>2887857
Yeah, I should've amended it to say that the E2S is probably the better choice than the T10, but the T10 is better than the E2 or Pro1. I guess the E2S is actually cheaper with the 18-55 than the T10, as well, which probably makes it the better choice, I didn't quite realize that at the time.
>>
>>2883035

NEED ADVICE

currently have a sigma 50-100m 1.8

deciding to sell it and buy a 1.8 50 / 1.8 85 and still have money left over

reason is that the lens is too bulky and i can practically accomplish the same thing for cheaper

should i sell it or stick with it
>>
>>2887938
>E2S is better than the T10
>T10 is better than E2
How come? E2S is the same E2 with different grip and auto mode.
>>
>>2887949
Buy some tickets to the gym instead.
>>
>>2887960
>Tickets to the gym
>>
>>2887960
a ticket? to watch people work out? what
>>
>>2887971
>>2887961
You have to buy a ticket or a monthly pass for gyms around here.
>>
>>2887974
how much for bench side seats?
>>
>>2887984
Dunno, never been to a gym. But that doesn't keep me from handholding a 500mm lens.
>>
https://explorecams.com/stats/global
>>
>>2887953
Fuck me, the more I try to figure this out, the more confused I get. Fuji's firmware support is great for owners, but damn does it make it hard to compare models, especially across different generations, since an original X-E2 now is a very different camera from the one in reviews and on Fuji's own spec sheets.

After a bit more research, I guess the best I can say is that they're all pretty much the same damn thing, and to just buy whichever one is the best deal.
>>
>>2888112
Just read the fujivsfuji XT10/1/E2 comparison. They've updated it for FW4.

An E2s/E2 with FW4 is software and hardware wise identical to a T10. The rangefinder bodies lose the flippy screen though. That's about it.
>>
>>2888117
Yeah, that's exactly what I ended up doing.

Makes me glad I just went straight to the Pro2 and didn't have to confuse myself with the lower-end lineup, haha.
>>
Capture One Pro or DXC Optics Pro?
>>
>>2886552
pricing for the Ricoh GR's have been increasing these past few months. looking at the roadmap for the GR lineup, the GR III will be announced soon so we'll most likely see a decrease then
>>
>>2888107
>Canon, Nikon, Sony, Apple, and Fujifilm are the only brands witha significant amount of use

RIP pentax
>>
>>2888183
Good, they have worthless cameras and worthless film era lenses
>>
>>2888180
>strong yen,
>lack of sensors.
no
>>
I'm in the market for a mirrorless camera and was wondering if I should go for the sony a7 or the fuji x-t1. Bodies are about the same price on secondary market and the lenses I would get are about the same too (zeiss 35 2.8/fuji 23 1.4) roughly 1700-1800 CAD. Mostly gonna be shooting street, travel, portraits/fashion, and a little bit of landscape/cityscape. Which should I go for?
>>
File: 144857587467.png (63KB, 625x623px) Image search: [Google]
144857587467.png
63KB, 625x623px
>>2888185
0/10
>>
>>2888216
a7 if video.
a7 if want to use legacy lens.
>>
File: Pentax_DA_15mm.jpg (19KB, 272x300px) Image search: [Google]
Pentax_DA_15mm.jpg
19KB, 272x300px
>that feel when I got this lens, have a K3ii, and live in Alaska

Dear god, the milky way and aurora shots I'm going to get this year. GET DARK ALREADY.
>>
>>2888262
Nice, I was also looking at this lens but for the moment my zoom lens do the job at 16mm.
Please do show us the results.
BTW what kind of tripod and head do you have? You might want to invest in a sturdy tripod and a geared head to completely eliminate vibrations.
>>
File: k70.jpg (173KB, 898x898px) Image search: [Google]
k70.jpg
173KB, 898x898px
>>2888183
bbut new k70 is out
best value for money
>>
Does this seem like a good deal?
https://www.gumtree.com/p/non-digital-cameras/yashica-electro-35mm-rangefinder-camera/1174754292
>>
>>2888300
This kills the Canikony, best value camera for stills AND video plus an excellent line of available and accessible lenses.
A6x00 users on suicide watch
>>
>>2888301
>Gumtree for Poms
What the fuck is this nonsense, get your own website name
>>
>>2888310
U wot m8?

gumtree.com in UK only. It's our name...
>>
>>2888318
>gumtree.com.au
Fuck right off it's our native tree, we own the rights to that name
>>
File: 1435173965219.jpg (10KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
1435173965219.jpg
10KB, 220x220px
>>2886272
>respect for your superiors
*tips fedora*

That situation actually happened like a year or two ago, I actually have a car. Stay mad that I can actually go out and shoot :^)
>>
>>2888319
We own the rights to your country, m8.
>>
>>2888322
>brexit
Not for long, mate
>>
File: ricoh-gr-ii-1.jpg (36KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
ricoh-gr-ii-1.jpg
36KB, 770x433px
So /p/ what is your opinion on this ?
>>
I'm down to two choices for my first real camera.

6D vs 7D Mk2

Which fucking one would do better for someone who plans on doing both video and photography?

What would serve me better?

Is the crop sensor that bad?
>>
>>2888455
80D if you want to go with Canon, Pentax K-70 if you want to afford lenses.
>>
>>2888472

You'd go with an 80d over the 7d2? why?
>>
I'm thinking about buying sony a7, only for night shots. Milky way, big nebulae etc. For now i'm going to stick with tripod, but i'll buy drive for longer exposures, that's sure. I found deal for used body for 800$, its pretty low considereing I live in slavland. Is there any other option except canon 6d that is pretty fucking expensive? I don't care about fancy autofocus and things like this, just biggest sensor and live view.
Is this sony good choice? I don't think i'll be able to afford 6d, and even if i could i dont know if i want because no tilty screen wat to do
>>
File: image.jpg (429KB, 1030x1030px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
429KB, 1030x1030px
>>2888502
Be aware you are limited to 30 sec max exposures with Sony A7xs (but can still stack). Bulb mode is fucked for astrophotography cos of star eating NR.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Macintosh)
Image Width7362
Image Height4920
Number of Bits Per Component16, 16, 16
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2015:07:13 14:03:05
Image Width1030
Image Height1030
>>
>>2888485
Because it has better video features. 70D if you want to use Magic Lantern.
>>
>>2888506
nr stands for noise reduction i suppose? can't you turn it off? 30 seconds is not really impressive for astrophoto...
>>
>>2888509
Strictly speaking it's some kind of hot pixel suppression algorithm that gets confused in bulb mode.

Anything up to 30 seconds you should be golden, which is pretty much the time limit on an ultra wide before stars start trailing
>>
>>2888511
yes, but i'm going to put camera on tracking mount, so no trailing for me. Isn't there a way to turn this off? You can remove hotpixels simply by taking dark frames... I've just read that you can turn off noise reduction in sony a7x. So is it only this thing about hotpixels or what?
>>
>>2888513
Can't be switched off. Needs a firmware update which Sony are unlikely to provide, especially for a7 original.

Alternative is xt10 & Samyang 12 2 which would give you the flippy screen and one of the best Astro lenses out there.

See http://www.lonelyspeck.com/ reviews
>>
>>2888516
>xt10
but that's only aps-c
>>
>>2888522
Ah, the FF meme...better save for 6d or d750 then, but if you can't find a lens faster than f2.8 on FF with zero aberrations then the 1 stop noise advantage is lost.
>>
>>2888536
so fuji x-t1 or x-t10... What about longer lenses for it? up to 300mm maybe? Do i stick with adapters or there is something good?
>>
>>2888541
I'm stretching now, but for deep sky I think it's all about telescopes and adapters.
>>
>>2888541
Fuji's big teles are good, but they're pricey.

I think an adapted MF lens is actually a solid choice for astro on any system, since you're just gonna be shooting at infinity anyway and therefore don't need AF. Somebody else will have to be the one to recommend specific glass, though, as I don't know much about MF superteles.
>>
>>2888502

I have seen some very nice milky way shots out of the a7.

Check this site out: http://www.lonelyspeck.com/

They seem to LOVE e-mount, especially the a7 series, but they will have other suggestions for bodies and lenses and guides for shooting too. There are quite a lot of wide manual lenses available for e-mount, which are perfect for astrophotography.

They have a review specifically comparing the a7s and xt1, they aren't really that far apart in performance.
>http://www.lonelyspeck.com/sony-a7s-astrophotography-review/

I am kinda interested in how the newer mark ii a7 bodies compare though. The a7rii has a beast of a sensor.
>>
>>2888586
You can do a lot of deep sky with a cheap old but sharp 300mm or 400mm lens and tracking. Either by a tracking mount or the Pentax gps thingy. A sturdy tripod and a geared head is a must either way.
>>
>>2888737
Good luck dealing with the ever present astro destroying algorithms
>>
File: sony-a7s-review-18.jpg (492KB, 1399x924px) Image search: [Google]
sony-a7s-review-18.jpg
492KB, 1399x924px
>>2888790

>Good luck dealing with the ever present astro destroying algorithms

Even so, going by lonelyspecks comparison it still outperforms the X-T1.

They have some really cool shots on their page.
>>
>>2888824
>They have some really cool shots on their page.
You can stop shilling now faggot
>>
File: 2016-07-25-0004resize.jpg (411KB, 999x680px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-25-0004resize.jpg
411KB, 999x680px
Need help, /p/eople.
I have issue with my Minolta SRT102.
When I'm shooting longer exposures I'm getting light leaks, usually above and below where the film perforation should be. But I've been told that it's the issue of film back not holding the film correctly. And besides the light leaks this is also supposed to cause focus decline.
So my question is - can it be adjusted in any way? Or should I buy a new camera for my menelta glass?
>>
>>2888432
Dust
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.