[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /p/, I'm finally getting an online portfolio, and I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4781lr.jpg (296KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4781lr.jpg
296KB, 960x640px
Hey /p/, I'm finally getting an online portfolio, and I'd like to hear you guys before publishing it.

I'm using Squarespace, which seems to be a good plataform... my idea is to have a simple, clean design. Hope it works well.

Also, I'd like to hear you about the chosen photos. I still may take out some of them, add another ones etc. (some of you may recognize some photos that I posted here in the past). My idea with this site is showing my work and possibly getting a job in photography. I have no specific area in mind at this moment, which may partially explain the somewhat... generalist?... character of the galleries.

Anyway, here's the link (sorry, still no domain... and sorry for the captcha too):

http://gabriel-rodrigues-wyt4.squarespace.com/

Obviously, feel free to post your own websites / portfolios / etc. I'd like to see some other portfolios for getting an idea on how others make this...

Pic somewhat related. It isn't in my site right now, but it was in previous versions...

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XSi
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.6
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:07:11 20:28:36
Exposure Time1/640 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/4.5
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject DistanceInfinity
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length84.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width960
Image Height640
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
Design is alright. Can't say I'm hugely fond of Squarespace's pricing when Format exists.

Some would suggest you leave out the "uncategorised" bit. It might be worth making a splash page providing it's tasteful
>>
Design's ok. A bit basic, but that's not a bad thing. It's supposed to be about the pictures.

Don't know why you chose that pic with the kid as the first picture of Demonstrations. IMO it's the worst of the bunch and pic 2 and 3 are much more interesting and dramatic.

Also I'm pretty sure you don't want to refer to yourself at "it" on the About page.
>>
>>2882430

Yeah, Squarespace seems kind of expensive...
I remember choosing it because Format had some issues, but I just can't remember the exact reasons right now (duh). Maybe something related with frequent updates that damaged templates or something?... can't remember. But I'm still in Squarespace's trial. There's time to change...

Good idea about the "uncategorised". Will look into that. Thanks!

>>2882436

You may be right about that pic - I always liked it for some reason, so my judgement is probably clouded...

Thanks for correcting my english (which isn't my native language, evidently). I was hoping that you guys would help me with this kind of stuff too.
>>
>>2882436
(Just for the record: I just changed the order of these photos. Now 3th pic is the first one, and the pic with the kid is 4th).
>>
Bump (sorry). Gonna publish it soon.
Any more tips?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.