[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any large, unified resource for learning about photography

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Daido-Moriyama-Photography-Legs.jpg (248KB, 540x819px) Image search: [Google]
Daido-Moriyama-Photography-Legs.jpg
248KB, 540x819px
Is there any large, unified resource for learning about photography styles, movements, classics, and masters?

Sort of like wikipedia but if it also included critical analysis of photographers work, rather than just cataloging info about them.

If not, what are some good places to start with, if one is interested in researching?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Image Created2009:07:02 11:26:11
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width600
Image Height910
>>
>>2871782
University (not art school)
>>
>>2871808
There's nobody on the internet that's tried to create a site that analyses famous work and tries to educate people?
>>
who is this cum crevice
>>
>>2871828
le edgy gentleman

have an updoot
>>
>>2871828
le red pill
>>
>>2871782
>Is there any large, unified resource for learning about photography styles, movements, classics, and masters?

havent seen that. but that book "the photography as contemporary art" gives it a try with contemporary guys, schools and themes. its pretty cool, and cheap.
>>
>>2871828
little known trivia fact: its a photo of araki nobuyoshi crossdressing
>>
>>2871782
yes, its called a library
there are tons of books on every art movement you can think of in photography, it just takes a bit of research to find and collect them all. if you're looking for something in particular you could ask here and someone might be able to help

>>2871808
yes I'm sure a school of technical engineering will have all the art history info that OP needs, retard
>>
File: LAR_BD_8995_A[1].jpg (468KB, 1304x1000px) Image search: [Google]
LAR_BD_8995_A[1].jpg
468KB, 1304x1000px
>>2871828

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareMicrosoft Windows Photo Viewer 6.1.7600.16385
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Image Created2014:02:17 22:53:53
>>
>>2872029
>lol if i take 100 pictures of these legs ONE of em has gotta turn out decent, right???!?!?
- daido
>>
>>2872040
>worlds no. 1 shitposter

why post when you've never touched a camera in your life
>>
>>2872042
are u suggesting these posts are all off-topic and useless? just curiose
>>2872003
>>2871653
>>2871957
>>2871961
>>2871978
>>2871967
>>2871999

ps i have a thread of my photos up on /p/ even as we speak, chief. the realy fukked up thing is that even though i make some goofy posts every now and again and as a general rule don't take myself or this board too seriously, i bet i have more posts on /p/ than you rn that are useful critiques, actively beneficial to discussion in a thread, serious considerations of critical theory & writings on photography, advice that's helpful to newbies, and so on.
>>
>>2872024
Fair enough. Was just wondering if there was anything out there a little more... guided.

I'd love to read and learn about it all, I just have no idea where to start.
>>
>>2872049
why feed the troll?
>>
>>2872069
I understand what you mean, but its a tall order.
there are textbooks you can buy under the category of "history of photography" which cover the entire lifespan of photography--- but its not going to be very in depth, and a lot of movements will be left out.

just think about it, how could you condense 200 years of art history (and science, since photographic movements followed advances in technology) in a single book?

here is a place you could start, though:
>https://www.amazon.com/Photography-Cultural-Mary-Warner-Marien/dp/0205708005?ie=UTF8&ref_=zg_bs_2032_19
I used this textbook (on loan) for two of my undergrad photography classes. it must be massively boring to read from front-to-back, but it gives a good overview
>>
>>2872076
This guy is such a cock
>>
>>2872082
if you want someone to spoonfeed you like a retard, go hire a tutor

literally everything posted in this thread could have been googled in less than 5 seconds, prick. we all could have saged and ignored this thread
>>
>>2872091
Not the same guy. Just a rando stumbling on this conversation and noticing how much of a cock you are.
>>
>>2872644
>I have nothing meaningful to contribute, I just like to stop by in random threads to shitpost

well, that much was already clear
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.