[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/gear/ - Gear Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 349
Thread images: 34

File: pentax-k1-full-frame-11.jpg (88KB, 700x456px) Image search: [Google]
pentax-k1-full-frame-11.jpg
88KB, 700x456px
If you have questions about a new camera, what lenses to buy and anything related to gear or wondering about getting into photography, post it in this thread.

Do not attempt to make a new thread for your new Rabal, broken glass and being new.
No pointless (brand) arguments and dickwaving allowed! You have been warned!

I repeat, ANYTHING GEAR RELATED goes in here!

And don't forget, be polite!

Previous thread: >>2851645

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width700
Image Height456
>>
talentless fucking hacks, we need to rename the board to /p/ - Cameras
>>
>>2853874
I am sorry sir, this is the photography board. No cameras allowed.
>>
>>2853874
Gear is the only thing worth discussing on 4chan.

Go to 500px or Flickr or Instagram or whatever if you want to talk about your pictures.
>>
Okay so I want to get a compact-ish camera, something like Fujifilm x100t, but I'm not sure what to get. What about the Ricoh GR? Any other camera's like that which are good?
>>
>>2853911
X100s, X100t and GR are pretty much the top of the line in that budget range.
If you like using viewfinders then the Fuji is the better choice, the GR has no viewfinder but has features for quick stealthy streetshooting. Also the GR lens are very nice and gives that older film GR look. Also dust, if you are unable to keep it in a clean bag and not put it directly in your pocket.
If you like a zoom lens instead then go for a Fuji X30, X70 or Sony RX100IV.
>>
>>2853916
I'm in my second year of my photography degree, I have a nikon d800 and whatnot, a decent kit, but I've come into some money and want to get a compact for some personal stuff. For mainly street and a bit of documentary, what would be better, the GR or the x100t.
Also, what is the real difference between the x100t and the x100s. Thanks heaps.
>>
>>2853926
>what is the real difference between the x100t and the x100s.
google it.

There's also the RX100, RX1, X70, Canon powershot line.
>>
I'm looking for a lens with a very small IMAGE CIRCLE of around 20mm, known for sharpness and with a very small barrel diameter. I thought about using security camera lenses but they seem to project pretty soft images. It doesn't have to be a DSLR lens. In fact, preferably it wouldn't be so that I could push the cost sub-20$ for it.
>>
>>2853929
Making a spy cam to see your sister naked in the shower huh? Yeah, we've all been there. Try just hiding a gopro under some towels and doing wifi tether.
>>
>>2853926
I can't really recommend one over the lother. The best way to determine is to go into a shop and try both. Whichever feels better in your hand.
Be sure to get a separate pouch for the GR though, the dust can be an issue later.
>>
Anybody able to recommend a good starting camera for somebody who wants to get into photography?

Mostly going to be taking photos of birds/dogs and probably nature (like beaches and things like that).

Only experience I have is with a GoPro (which was pretty fun getting "action shots" of my dog at the beach in the surf and rain).

Is something like a Canon EOS 1300D Digital SLR Camera w/ 18-55mm Lens a good start? I really don't know wtf I am doing.
>>
>>2853932
Hah, no. I want to stack them together to make a hideous octocam. 8 lenses on a 4x5 negative.
>>
>>2853943
What's your budget?
What region are you in?
How seriously do you plan to take it? Will you be interested in learning post processing and editing, or do you want nice files directly from the camera?
How long do you plan to keep and use the camera before potentially upgrading?
When you say birds and dogs, do you mean fast action stuff like flying and running? or like standing and laying?
>>
>>2853943

Buy a second hand canon x00D line. Make sure you get the 18-55 IS with it. Save the rest of your money for later.
>>
>>2853946

1. Up to $400 USD (or around that)

2. Probably prefer nice photos straight from the camera. Probably won't do a lot of editing or anything like that. At least not right away.

3. Hopefully get a lot of use out of it before needing to upgrade, but this doesn't really matter.

4. As for photos, animals will probably be flying/moving. But I'd like to take photos of static scenes too. Maybe plants or rivers/beaches/buildings etc. I kind of want to be able to take photos of a little bit of everything.
>>
File: 1463448893364.jpg (3MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
1463448893364.jpg
3MB, 3264x1840px
What's the actual difference between the Canon 5D Mark III, the 5DS and the 5DS R?

Which one is better and why?
>>
>>2853953
Look up Nikon D3300 with 18-55 VR or Pentax K-50 with 18-55 WR
>>
>>2853959
For what?
5DIII is an allrounder, not spectacular in anything but more than decent in most.
5DS and 5DS R are both studio or landscape cameras, not really usable for anything else.
>>
>>2853953
With that budget, you're probably going to struggle.

For photos that look really nice straight out of the camera, the only option that really stands out is Fuji, but you won't be able to afford any of the bodies that will actually be worth getting (X-T10, X-E2, X-T1, XPro2)

You can get some okay clean looking images out of normal DSLRs, but they won't be really "edited" looking, just well corrected. Many people like the rendition of Canon's jpegs, but they're not better or worse, it's just taste.

Getting good enough autofocus on a camera (and lens) for $400 is going to be your biggest challenge. Something like a D7000 or 7D would be okay, but I doubt you'll get that price for them.

For that low price, you'll be best off with a Pentax, probably, feature wise, but even then, they won't be giving you birding-level performance.
>>
>>2853962
Thanks.
>>
>>2853961
+1

Nikon D3300 is the way to go. They have Canon and Pentax beat on the most camera for your money. If a few months with a d3300 cant get you into photography, youre doing it wrong.

All that nikkor glass youll have access to is awesome as well.
>>
>>2853966
Not on the D3x00 and D5x00 though, most of the awesome glass is manual only without metering on them.
If he intends to keep the body around, the Pentax is a better choice, for some years keeping it will only need a few better lenses.
>>
>>2853966

>cripple tier nikon body
>most camera for your money

are you nigger serious?
>>
Looking for recommendations for a compact camera.

Something that can do a little bit of everything (moving targets, photos of buildings/mountain areas, etc)

Most compact cameras that I have used were all pretty low budget and crap quality.

Thanks
>>
>>2853978
Canon S110
>>
>>2853978
How compact are we talking? There are a couple of cameras smaller than your standard DSLR that are okay at autofocus, but I wouldn't call them "compact".

a6000, a couple of the M4/3 options like the EM1 for instance.
>>
>>2853963

How automated is lightroom processing? Does it pull lens profiles and clean a lot up itself?

I don't know shit about editing photos.
>>
>>2853985
Lens profiles can be automated, and there are auto-processing settings you can click, but they just do some math based on exposure, and aren't able to discern subject, or your intent. They're almost entirely for correction, rather than processing.
>>
File: 27381922736_ac41ba1d1f_m.jpg (14KB, 240x153px) Image search: [Google]
27381922736_ac41ba1d1f_m.jpg
14KB, 240x153px
Can anyone recommend me some great canon lens for cinematic photography ? Which one are most common for that kind of photography ? Thanks
>>
>>2854002
What do you mean "cinematic photography"?

Chances are high that you are giving a lens credit for what is actually light, composition, subject, and processing, but we'll give you the benefit of the doubt here.

I guess you could mean anamorphic lenses?
>>
>>2854005
I mean some great wide lenses with good f and bokeh, you can see on link below
https://flic.kr/p/HFLCiY

it doesn't have be cinematic, but good lens for portraits.
>>
>>2854008
Well, great wide lenses are generally not good for portraits, since you either leave your subject very small in the frame, or have to get too close to them and make them look crazy from perspective distortion.

So what you really want is "a good lens" yes?

What is your budget? What is your planned purpose? What camera system will you be using it on? It sounds like you want a zoom lens, since you want both wide, and portrait lengths, and getting those with fast apertures that look good isn't usually cheap.
>>
>>2854008

literally a kit lens could have taken that shot
>>
>>2854008
I dont think you understand the effect a different lens has. Damn near any camera is capable of that kind of shot.

A better lens doesn't make a better photographer, it sounds like you're just trying to buy a lens because you want a new lens, not because your existing kit is holding you back
>>
Oh look, another gear thread.

>>2853897
Wrong. Nothing is worth "discussing" on 4chan.
>>
File: rubbertool.jpg (78KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
rubbertool.jpg
78KB, 1200x1200px
Do those chinese rubber lens tools work well?
>>
>>2854012
Well i need new lens because old ones are broken, i have 18-55mm and 50mm which is btw great for portraits but i now i need something different, maybe zoom lens yes. I'm sick and tired of swaping lenses all the time, for landscapes, portrait, macro etc :) My price range is about 600 bucks
>>
>>2854018
If you want a zoom lens for portraits, as well as landscapes, you might look into a 24-105 L? You're on crop though, so you won't get very wide with it.

There are ultra-zooms that go from 18mm to like 300mm, but they're not very good, image quality wise, especially for $600.

Still, the way you're talking about it, it doesn't sound like the issue is your lenses.
>>
>>2854018
I get the feeling you don't even know what you want.

What specifically are you unhappy about with your current stuff? What limits you in what you want to achieve with your photography? Reach? Bokeh? Sharpness?
>>
>>2854024
Let me put it like this, is there one lens that can take these photos(One lens ofc)
I dont talk about post procesing, just one lens which can take portraits or great landscape photos, full body models and close ups
https://flic.kr/p/HAhJG1
https://flic.kr/p/GHpRu3
https://flic.kr/p/HwXFor
https://flic.kr/p/HjxsAu
>>
>>2854028
You'll want a 17-50 2.8 like http://photo.net/equipment/product-detail?product_id=480
>>
>>2854028
There is no lens that can do all four of those photos for $600.

And you can "not talk about post processing" all you want, but you need to learn it, because that's a huge part of getting photos like that, and no matter what camera or lens you have, you won't get those results without knowing how to process.
>>
>>2854033
I know how to edit photos, that is not a problem.
>>
>>2854034
I definitely believe you. After asking for a "cinematic lens" clearly you have a great handle on what you're doing.
>>
>>2854036
Ok ;)
>>
i'm very interested in dental photography, but i have no clue about it
>>
>>2854028

at that resolution your kit lens would work fine
>>
>>2854043
Macro lens and a couple of flashes, I would guess? What's the draw, if I might ask?
>>
>>2853970
For someone who does not want to or cannot drop 2000+ on a prosumer body plus lenses the d3300 gets you 24 megapickles, the best low light iso and noise performance youre gonna get under a grand. It has the same sensor as top of the line DX cameras right now. Youre clearly speaking from your ass familia.

Go look at some pictures taken on D3300s and still call it cripple tier. Its wayy more than enough camera for someone trying to get into photography.
>>
>>2854051

>megapickles
>low light
>noise

sonyfag detected

next you're gonna link dxomark
>>
>>2854058
>sonyfag
>recommending nikon

???
>>
>>2854028
You did not answer my question.
>What specifically are you unhappy about with your current stuff? What limits you in what you want to achieve with your photography? Reach? Bokeh? Sharpness?

You've more than shown you really don't know what you're talking about.
You don't need some magical perfect lens that's good at everything, you don't even need some lens for about 600 bucks, you need to take your pair of perfectly adequate lenses and go out and shoot. Save your money and come back when you've hit the limits of what your gear can provide, when you know what exactly you want to achieve, and you'll be able to make an intelligent purchase. Right now you'd be wasting your money whichever lens you buy.
>>
>>2854059

>nikon
>not using sony sensor

pick one
>>
>>2854064

Well I have $600 what am I gonna do?
>>
>>2854067
Not spend it on gear you don't need.
>>
>>2854067
Buy one lens, then buy the other two-three lenses later.
>>
>>2854067
You already have a wide lens for landscape and travel in your kit lens, and a portrait lens in your 50mm. Learn to use them. The photos you've posted are all made up of two important things - Being in a beautiful or visually interesting place, and then processing the image well afterwards. There is nothing about a lens that makes any of those photo difficult to get.
>>
>>2854155
These photos are way sharper than most kit zooms can do.

Two have both good sharpness and pretty pleasant & even bokeh, a combination typically costing >$500 on a lens.

Especially "Lisa" seems like a shot that is just mostly result of using a quality lens (and a swimsuit model of course).
You could do something *a bit* like that on a nifty fifty, but really, you want a decent prime or high-end zoom lens to get exactly this result or better.
>>
>>2854179
Yeah, no. With correct settings and technique, you can absolutely achieve that result with a kit lens. Especially after down-sampling.
>>
First time buying a camera. Looking at older cameras as my budget is $150 or lower.
Would there be any downside to picking one type over another? Looking at dslrs, SLTS, and mirror less
>>
>>2854184
Use your cell phone. You won't get better image quality for under $150.
>>
Any serious point in getting a 50mm f/1.4 if I already have 1.8? Also, would I be able to use either on full frame if I upgraded from my T3i?
>>
What's the significance of autofocus when making purchase decisions?
>>
>>2854185
An A230 or 50D won't be better than a phone? Different lense options would be nice.
>>
>>2854188
Potentially better build quality, and better overall image quality, but if you're asking, then no, you're fine.

>>2854190
The answer seems obvious to me, so I'm unsure how to reply... Some autofocus is better than other autofocus? Some is designed to be "okay" and "good enough for most people" which would be not good enough for demanding people shooting fast motion, or sports, or wildlife. Some high end cameras also have AF points that work with a lens that has a very small max aperture. For instance, a 1DX will focus with a lens with a max aperture of f/8 whereas a 750D will not.
>>
File: 33.jpg (298KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
33.jpg
298KB, 1000x666px
>>2854195
I think the idea really is you should try to learn about composition and lighting with your readily available camera first before you dive into the game of bodies and lenses

I didn't have a camera on a phone when i started i had a Sony DSC-W55 point & shoot which is okay for a few things but i wanted to play with settings more so thats why i went on Keh and got me a Rebel XT & 18-55mm kit lens. Together it was under $125 iirc. I dont regret it but i really wish I went for a lens longer than 55mm.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:01:28 00:18:14
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/7.1
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/7.1
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePartial
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length55.00 mm
Image Width3456
Image Height2304
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2854195
>50D won't be better than a phone?
I'm finding 50Ds without any lens at all for double the budget. Where are you getting a 50D with a lens for $150?
>>
File: DSC_0282.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0282.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>2854202
In the process of learning that as is. Have an Xperia Z3, which has a pretty nice camera, but a dslr or something would be nice.

Equipment MakeSony
Camera ModelD6616
Camera Software23.1.C.0.399_6_f2010010
Image Created2016:04:05 18:42:06
Exposure Time1/1600 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
ISO Speed Rating50
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length4.60 mm
Image Width3840
Image Height2160
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeNight Scene
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2854215
No idea why it was set to night scene.
Old pic.
>>2854204
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-50D-15-1-MP-Digital-SLR-Camera-BODY-ONLY-/152105708075?hash=item236a34ea2b:g:jwwAAOSwagdXSG4k#viTabs_0 will probably go higher, but yea. Also mainly just looking for a body at that price.
Then a cheap ass lense for a bit.
>>
>>2854216
>ebay

I might just be picky/paranoid but for used gear I'd stick to Keh or Adorama/BHPhoto.

Craigslist is a maybe but you'd need to know how to test and look for any issues. eBay would scare me a little and considering Keh sells the 50D @ $250 at the lowest I'd be skeptical of that deal.

Also everyone here will tell you not to go cheap on the lens. Really you'd want to go cheap on the body if anything. Cheap lens on an amazing body will still yield shit pictures and you wont feel good about your pictures either.
>>
>>2854219
I've had good experiences with eBay for a lot of things (PCs included). Been looking at Keh and Adorama as well.
>>
Is it worth it to buy a more expensive polarizer, or can I get away with a cheaper one? Is the difference in price just more about build quality than actual image quality?
>>
>>2854181
>>
File: amazon.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
amazon.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
What are the best speedlite flashes on amazon right now. Im not looking to spend 500 on one flash. lets keep it down under 100. ive seen some good ones but want your opinions.

i have a canon
>>
>>2853929
no one has any lenses in mind?
>>
>>2854304
Try any APS-C lenses
>>
>>2854257
Yongnuo seem to get a good rap, it's what I'm gonna be going with soon.
>>
I want to shift from film photography to digital but i want it to still look good while rgarding yhe colours. I have a canon ae1, a minolta xg1 and a canon af35ml. I really want the shots to feel ,,alive,, .
>>
>>2854327
Also if i buy a fuji x series body ...what lenses will i be able to use on them. Can i use cheap lenses with adaptors or will yhis render t useless. Sorry fir being such a retard about everything.
>>
>>2854202
>>2854204
Well, uh, my friend just gave me his Nikon D70 with a Dx lense for free. Guess that's settled.
Reading up on composition and what not now. Thanks, lads.
>>
>>2854373
It's an AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm/3.5-5.6G EDII
>>
>>2854330
Fuji X series is very good about manual lenses with adapters. Just do some basic research, dumbass.
>>
>>2854396

Body is meh, but great for free. Lens is pretty sharp.
>>
any R-D1 owners here?
>>
>>2854406
Hey man, for my budget it was one of the cameras I was looking at.
Gonna learn basics and stuff with this and possibly move up to something with 12 MP and give this to someone else as a way to share the experience.
>>
>>2853926
>photography degree

Enjoy your new job at the gas station.
>>
Is the sigma DP Merrill a meme camera, or actually good? Are the raws a pain to work with?
>>
>>2854432
meme
>>
>>2854437
Why?
>>
>>2854305
I'm trying to avoid DSLR because it's expensive. Can you buy APS-C lenses for less than 20$?
>>
>>2854257
Yongnuo 560 IV
>>
Hey /p/
A couple months ago I bought a D3300 with an 18-55mm II and between then and now I've bought a 50mm 1.8G, an old 28mm 3.5 AI, and I've borrowed a friend's 55-200mm VR. I've bought some other gear like a fisheye adaptor, a tripod and flash triggers (for when borrowing a flash), but I still feel limited.
Am I misguided to want to upgrade to a D5500/D7200 for features like wifi and more AF, or should I spend my money on working gear like a flash (I have a shoot planned in the next couple days and I'd rather not use OC flash).

Thanks
>>
>>2854450
How do you feel limited? Wifi is a pretty shit feature IMO.
>>
>>2854454
I don't like how much grain I get at ISO 800, but maybe I just need to keep practicing until its not an issue. I try to remove most of the noise in camera raw, but even sharpening afterwards doesn't seem to fix the blur of luminance correction
>>
>>2854458

>muh noise

shoot @ 400 then

also noise is overrated, most pics are looked at on a screen these days an when you downsample to 1080p all the noise disappear
>>
>>2854445

Could buy old cctv lens for about that I think.

Or those little toy camera holga ones.
>>
>>2854469
But thats ISO 800 at 1/30sec and f/2 shooting people. Using 400 would mean 1/15sec, which is already hard to handhold
>>
File: _DSC2060.jpg (421KB, 1000x668px) Image search: [Google]
_DSC2060.jpg
421KB, 1000x668px
Actually I'm shooting with a Nikon D600 + 24mm 2.8 + 80-200 2.8 AF-S, but I'm thinking to move to Fujifilm and get some Xpro2 or XT1 with 23mm and the 100-400mm.
The problem is, as I work at parties and events, I would need a camera that can work nice at low lights and still be able to get me some low noise and light painting.

Would Fuji give me what I need or should I stuck with a DSLR for work only?

>pic is what I shoot at some parties

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D600
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.1 (Windows)
PhotographerE. Chiereguini
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern858
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)24 mm
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:06:02 19:53:00
Exposure Time1/10 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash, Compulsory, Return Detected
Focal Length24.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2854474

then get out of the cave
>>
>>2854476
Low light means you can't mirror less.

Poorer auto focus at low lights.
APSC has more noise at low light.

Stop thinking about meme cameras and keep to the real ones.
>>
File: sony50f18fe.jpg (24KB, 225x262px) Image search: [Google]
sony50f18fe.jpg
24KB, 225x262px
>>2853865

The autofocus on this thing is SO BAD.

Is it supposed to hunt for focus even in a well lit room?

Is it because it is a shit lens? Or will software updates fix it?

I guess it is what I should expect with it being so damn cheap.
>>
File: 1463092474254.jpg (31KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
1463092474254.jpg
31KB, 500x566px
>>2854495
I expected nothing less from something meant for the FE lineup that isn't Zeiss or a GM. I can already hear people on the SAL forums saying shit like "Well you should have bought the 55 Zeiss if you wanted a good lens!"
>>
>>2854497

I probably should have, but I found it for $200 compared to the $800 on the 55mm Zeiss.
>>
>>2854495

you got cucked by sony, they gave you a shit lens just so they can compete with the 'nifty fifties' from canikon.

dont worry though just use manual focus with peaking
>>
>>2854501

It is a shame.

I probably would have been better off with their a-mount 50mm 1.4 and the LA-EA4 adapter.
>>
>>2854507

or just use the takumar 50 1.4 adapted. that lens is hot.
>>
>>2854508

>Takumar 50 1.4

It even gets autofocus with the Techart Pro adapter too.
>>
>>2854507
>laea4
deprecated
get a laea3 + a7ii

>>2854510
enjoy your radiation.
my fdn 50 1.4 is better.
>>
>>2854510

wait you do?

holy shit
>>
>>2854512
>deprecated
>get a laea3 + a7ii

Wait what?

The EA3 has no motor for the screw drive to focus with.
>>
>>2854512
>enjoy your radiation.

that's why it's so good

also the radiation is miniscule as long as you dont eat it
>>
>>2854513

Yep.

Made for M mount, but they also sell adapters for almost every other type of lens.

Only works on the newer bodies though.
>>
>>2854510
Too bad that adapter makes the LAEA adapters seems blazingly fast.
>>
>>2854532

Seems decently fast to me.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m722n1081s
>>
File: Leica_R8_2934.jpg (1012KB, 3000x2602px) Image search: [Google]
Leica_R8_2934.jpg
1012KB, 3000x2602px
From 1 to Just Fuck My Shit Up, how bad of an idea would it be to get a Leica R8? I personally love the look, and bodies can be found for sub $500.
Lenses would be the largest problem, right?

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark II
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS4 Windows
PhotographerPhotographer
Image Created2012:06:12 20:27:03
Exposure Time20 sec
F-Numberf/13.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/13.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance1.54 m
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length200.00 mm
Image Width3000
Image Height2602
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>2854534
That video makes it look a little more usable, but I wonder how many of those quick snaps it actually got in focus.
https://youtu.be/BUwyWx36-FU?t=7m22s

Still a neato concept though.
>>
>>2854536
Also they make OM and MD adapters, but not FD for whatever reason.
Would be pretty cool to be able to use my 50mm SSC with AF on my A7.
>>
>>2854536

If anything it is a good way of getting close. Combined wiht focus peaking and manual focus assist, it would be damn easy to use a MF lens.

I hear it has lots of trouble in low light, however.

>>2854537

That is because there are fully electronic FD only adapters out already.

Not as good as a native FD body of course, but some are supposed to be really nice.
>>
>>2854535
Lenses have always been the R- Series' biggest problem. They aren't substantially different or better than contemporary Canon or Nikon glass, except for lacking autofocus, and they are still to this day heinously expensive.
When you consider that shooting an M camera, or a later Nikon or Canon body instead will give you access to the very best in modern lense design, there aren't many good reasons to shoot one, besides
>muh leica
>>
File: caption_002.jpg (50KB, 591x394px) Image search: [Google]
caption_002.jpg
50KB, 591x394px
>>2854539
Somewhat off topic but you just reminded me that these exist. They can be found for sub $50 and honestly that's mostly for the novelty.
Kinda want to get one for kicks desu.
>>
>>2854537

how does the FD adapter AF work?
>>
>>2854545

Outside on a sunny day with the expensive adapter ($400) on a modern body?

Pretty good. Not super fast, but very usable.

In a dark room with a launch NEX-3 on a cheap FD adapter?

Might as well manual focus.
>>
>>2854537
>get techart leica m af adapter.
>buy fd to m adapter.
>magick.
>>
>>2854546

as in how does it do it mechanically
>>
>>2854548
Just like how the Contax G series does it; by moving the lens itself.
>>
>>2854548
You set the lens to infinity focus, and Techart adapter moves the entire lens.

It only works on shorter lenses without adjustment ( under 50mm), and only works properly on unit focusing lenses.
>>
>>2854551
Anything longer than a 50mm prime would probably rip the adapter apart too.
Not worth the $300+ they're charging desu.
>>
>>2854552
Yes, 700g maxweight (400g for best performance).

The worst is they charge $70 for non-m adapters that sell for like $5 on ebay. But most ebay ones wont fit the weird adapter profile.
>>
>>2854553
Are we talking about the same thing? I'm talking about Techart's AF Leica adapter.
>>
>>2853929
you could look for interchangeable half frame lenses but i'm not sure how cheap that'll end up
>>
File: 1.jpg (48KB, 481x511px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
48KB, 481x511px
>>2854555
Disregard that, I'm tired and suck cocks.
>>
>>2854555

The Techart Pro Leica M to E adapter?

Yea.

I was talking about the extra adapters they sell for thwir adapter that lets it use MD and others too.
>>
>>2853865
http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/yes-this-is-cool-first-canon-fd-autofocus-test-from-dirk-westermann/
>>
>>2854559

That is so cool.

I was gonna order one.for my MD lenses, but they don't ship to Japan and didn't respond to my e-mail asking about it.
>>
>>2854563

>their site lists antartica as a shipping option
>but not Japan

What the fuck?
>>
>>2854563
You're going to need to get a proxy to ship it to you. Welcome to what filthy gaijins have to do if they want to buy from Japan.
>>
>>2854563
>>2854566
remember nanking
>>
>>2854551
>and only works properly on unit focusing lenses.

all lens can unit focus
>>
I've only been a canon boi and I want to upgrade.

Fullframe with easy use of manual lenses but also a good fast AF.
I prefer to manual focus when I don't really have fast moving subjects. But I also love photographing my dogs and that's where my current camera really craps out with the AF.

From my own research it leans towards the sony A7 cameras.

Got any recommendations?
>>
Why do all Pentax Primes suck? They're all overly cheap and non provide good, low, f values.

Sitting here with £260 to spend on a prime and I can't find shit.
>>
>>2854612
Suck how so?
Both my cheap ass DA 35/2.4 and 50/1.8 give sharp images and the focus is snappy and accurate, not to mention the Limiteds being one of the best pancakes amongst all the ILC lenses.
Also why do you think £260 will get you any lower than f/2 lens? Those start at £600 at least. Just look at the DA*55/1.4 or the FA* 85/1.4
>>
>>2854609

pentax k-1
>>
>>2854615
My bad, I'm frustrated because for some reason finding lenses with Pentax fits is surprisingly hard.
Every lens I've tried to buy has tons of fits for Nikon, Cannon and even Sony surprisingly enough, but the Pentax fits? Always out of stock.

When you say limited pancakes, do you mean the SMC Pentax-DA 40mm F2.8 Limited?

Only one I can find is a used one from Japan. Worth going for or what? It'll be £110 + 20 shipping. I'd rather not buy used but I don't really have much of a choice because I can't find it anywhere else.
>>
>>2854618
The used market fluctuates, try waiting a few weeks, checking every day, maybe you can even extend your budget more during the time.
Also look up srsmicrosystems on ebay, they have very nice used stock from time to time.

>£110 + 20 shipping
That is fucking gorgeous price for one, I say go for it until someone else notices.
I got my 35/2.4 plastic fantastic for £80 +shipping.
>>
>>2854618
I myself am eyeing a DA 70/2.4 Limited for portraits, I might sell my 70-200/2.8 for one, since it will be replaced by a longer zoom lens.

>affordable, proper portrait focal length, sharp results
>half the complete size of an equivalent setup on an A7
>shooting street portraits with a stealthy pancake

What is not to like on this?
>>
>>2854616
Oh yeah that one just came out. I'll look into it.

I haven't heard too much about any spectacular lenses from them though.
>>
>>2854626

just use vintage lenses. you said you like manual
>>
>>2854626
http://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/
Look at the D-FA, FA and especially the FA* series.
>>
>>2854609

The A7 is a good choice. They can adapt almost any lens ever, which is great if you like manual. The new Techart Pro adapter adds autofocus to prtty much every manual lens too (though it is far from perfect).

Most of the native lenses are good too (though there aren't a whole lot) and you can adapt A-mount lenses with full electronics and fast autofocus too.

The problem is there aren't that many full frame e-mount lenses (and no pancakes!) and you are gonna want a body with image stabalization, which means the a7ii or a7rii, both of which are kinda pricey.
>>
>>2854490
Hilarious, man. I'm on /p/ so I must be like you and be a basement-dwelling wizard. I cover a bunch of local parties so they have promo material for future events, and I'd like photos that didn't look like you, crater face.
>>
File: NoSkating.jpg (269KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
NoSkating.jpg
269KB, 1000x667px
Also, is an SB-500 a decent flash on a D3300 for shooting semi-professional stuff (i.e. where I need a flash but don't want to use OC)? I like the fill effect of flash especially when shooting on sunny days, but I'm not looking to spend $500-600 on an SB-700 for something I won't use heaps.

I've heard a couple things about Yonguo flashes, but not enough to know how useful they are.

Camera ModelNIKON D3300
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Color Filter Array Pattern786
Image Created2016:05:21 17:02:18
Exposure Time1/60 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Exposure Bias0 EV
Light SourceFine Weather
FlashNo Flash
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1000
Image Height667
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2854638

yonguo is basically the same shit but 3x less.

or you can buy canikon brand and pay the canikon price. do enjoy that japanese dick up your butt you.
>>
>>2854627
>>2854628
>>2854629
Oh yeah forgot about the electronic adapters.
>Techart Pro adapter adds autofocus to prtty much every manual lens too
Whoa nigguh, that's impressive.

I think the Sony line is the winner since the K1 doesn't have peaking focusing, neither does canon or nikon, right?
Would really love to explore different brands of lenses with the adapters.
>>
>>2854642
All Pentax DSLRs have focus peaking, senpai.
>>
>>2854642

I am pretty sure Fuji has a mirrorless with focus peaking.

No idea if there is a full frame one though.

>Whoa nigguh, that's impressive.

It isn't perfect though. It uses the A7ii/a7rii's PDAF and moves the entire lens mount until it has focus. Has weight, and range limitations. Pretty much for primes under 50mm.

Here is the page:
http://techartpro.com/product/techart-pro-leica-m-sony-e-autofocus-adapter/
>>
>>2854646
Not who you're replying to, but I know the XT1 has it, so the XT10 might, but who knows
>>
>>2854647

Neither are full frame though I thought?
>>
>>2854645
Well shit.

But the K1 viewfinder isn't electronic though? I read it's optical so you won't get the peak focusing through it?

>>2854646
Watching a video right now on it.

So this works, technically, with all the supported adapters for any manual lens?
>>
>>2854646

moving the whole lens to focus is a really dumb way to do it, though. you are wasting a lot of energy and it won't be fast.

at that price i will just manual focus. it's more fun anyway if you need fast AF just use a dslr with first party lens.
>>
>>2854649
>read
I highly doubt you used any SLR digital or film before.
I call shill! Filthy fucking corporate shill!
>>
>>2854651

>you are wasting a lot of energy and it won't be fast.

Yes, but as you can see here:
>>2854534

It can be pretty fast with the small M mount primes.

Wouldn't expect it to do anything with a big ass 18-200 lens though.

But yea, even native mirrorless is slower than a dslr (though not by all that much anymore).
>>
>>2854648
Not full frame, but the XT1 has focus peaking. Not sure there is a full-frame mirrorless (Fuji or other). I think the Sony one died, but there are rumours that Nikon is having a go.
>>
>>2854656
>Not sure there is a full-frame mirrorless (Fuji or other). I think the Sony one died

The Sony one is actually doing great. The A7 series. There have been 5 released so far with another that was supposed to release soon, but seems to have been pushed back thanks to the earthquake.

>Nikon

They don't even have an APS-C Mirrorless, right?
>>
>>2854656
All Fuji cameras with an EVF have focus peaking, and split image focusing aids. They are all, however, APS-C.

There are many Sony full frame mirrorless cameras (A7, A7mk2, A7r, A7rmk2, A7s, A7smk2)
>>
>>2854659
A-HA!
FUCKING SHILL!
>>
>>2854655
>It can be pretty fast with the small M mount primes.

rangefinder camera lenses are bad on digital sensor tho
>>
File: sidebyside02.jpg (117KB, 1200x773px) Image search: [Google]
sidebyside02.jpg
117KB, 1200x773px
>>2854661

I know, right?

What kinda idiot would do that?
>>
>>2854662

leica isn't known for its image quality. it's only known for being expensive.

stop being a gearwhore
>>
>>2854660
What? What about those three factual statements makes me a shill? There isn't any opinion in there at all, or any hyperbole... I didn't say "Fuji have EXCELLENT AMAZING focus peaking that's WORLD'S BETTER than anyone else!" or "Sony is the only player in the game with cameras worth owning, their full frame mirrorless line is better than anything out there!"

I pretty much just read a stat sheet and a catalog at you since you couldn't read it yourself.
>>
>>2854444
It's just not that great. I mean sure you could get good photos with it like any camera in its price bracket, but there are better alternatives
>>
>>2854668

If anyone says something positive about Sony or Fuji here they get called a shill or gearfag.
>>
>>2854673
Haha fair point. But it wasn't even anything positive! Only that they EXIST! Damn that's a low bar...
>>
>>2854676

Well this is a containment thread, so you can't expect much in the way of rational discussion.
>>
File: 1229349010969.jpg (22KB, 425x333px) Image search: [Google]
1229349010969.jpg
22KB, 425x333px
Hi /p/, I need a digital camera for my grandfather that
- has a zoom lens that goes to 150-200mm equivalent
- has an optical or electronic viewfinder
- has a sensor that's not cellphone tier shit
- under $600

Does this exist? I'm looking at Sony RX10, but it's $1000+ here and he's likely not going to be comfortable with something this expensive.
>>
>>2854552
>FE mount pancake 40mm f2.8 for $250
why sony is not making this?
they will literally sell it to every a7 user.
it's like they hate money.
>>
>>2854493
o-ok
>>
>>2854682

Yea some of the FE choices don't seem to make much sense.

It took them forever to come out with a good pancake for the NEX series (though I hear the 16mm performs way better on newer models).
>>
>>2854681
http://www.ritzcamera.com/product/AMZCNT64LK.htm?location=GGSHOP&tmreturn=true&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=shopping&prp=AMZCNT64LK&gclid=CLSLgfmCjM0CFYkCaQodoeIBWQ#fo_c=1041&fo_k=bd4e9adfeb6b46e590925243ad3de124&fo_s=gplaus
>>
>>2854681

a canon 500d with the 55-250mm IS efs
>>
>>2854681

Pretty much any entry level DSLR or MICL fits that bill.

Find out what brand he likes, look for a bundle.
>>
Which of these are better for somebody new to photography? I can get both for the same price currently.

Nikon D3300 w/ 18-55 VR AF-P Lens
or
Canon EOS 1300D w/ EF-S 18-55 Lens

I've heard the D3300 is a pretty great body for beginners.
>>
>>2854681
Canon 700D with 18-55 and 55-250
Nikon D3300 with 18-55 and 55-300
Pentax K-50 with 18-55 and 55-300
>>
>>2854696
K-50, see >>2854697
>>
>>2854696
They are both good. One will have better capabilities for dramatic edits (the Nikon) the other will have (slightly) better video, and support for adapting lenses, as well as a lot of cheap options as far as first party lenses (the Canon)
>>
>>2854690
>>2854691
I meant a single zoom lens that goes to 200, swapping lenses is kind of a PITA with his waning eyesight and coordination.

I see a couple Canons bundled with a 18-135 lens, but only 1200D is under $1k. How awful is the OVF on that?
>>
>>2854701
Oh. Then get one of those superzoom lenses, like the Tamron 16-300 or brand 18-200 lenses for the chosen camera body.
Do you think he would like weather sealing?
>>
>>2854699

Pentax K-50 is an extra $150 Australian. Is it worth that for a total beginner?
>>
>>2854701

There are 18-200mm lenses for like everything.

Usually a little pricey though.
>>
>>2854696

you should get a second hand x00d/3x00d body. entry bodies come out every year with marginal improvement so the price drop fast. You get more bang per buck with second hand.

i would suggest a 500d with 18-55 IS. nikon entry has crippled body.
>>
>>2854703
see the specs, compare photos on flickr.
The K-50 has weather sealed bodies and the kit lens usually are weather sealed too. If you like to go out hiking or rather shoot some in the rain then it worth the extra costs.
>>
File: _DSC3274.jpg (352KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
_DSC3274.jpg
352KB, 1200x800px
Since I don't want to make a new thread, what are everyone's recommendations for medium-size camera bags (i.e. a body w/ lens, and space for another two lens, charger, cables)?

Camera ModelNIKON D3300
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.7
Color Filter Array Pattern858
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)33 mm
Image Created2016:05:22 23:21:13
Exposure Time1/25 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceCool White Fluorescent
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length22.00 mm
Image Width1200
Image Height800
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2854701

Sony a65+SAL18200

Dirt cheap used, plus used minolta lens are so cheap it isn't funny if he wants something else.
>>
>>2854621
>>2854615

If you're still around, what would you recommend that I pick up first between the 50mm and 35mm to compliment the 40mm pancake I've just bought?
Assuming those are still worth grabbing despite me having the 40mm that is.
>>
>>2854707
National Geographic Walkabout and Earth Explorer
>>
>>2854707
Check out Incase, and Think Tank.
>>
>>2854618
>My bad, I'm frustrated because for some reason finding lenses with Pentax [mount] is surprisingly hard.
>Every lens I've tried to buy has tons of [mounts] for Nikon, Cannon and even Sony surprisingly enough, but the Pentax [mount]? Always out of stock.

>>2854621
>The used market fluctuates, try waiting a few weeks, checking every day, maybe you can even extend your budget more during the time.

Pentax problems
>>
>>2854702
>>2854704
Oh, I actually borrowed a Nikon D80 with a 18-200 VR to try out for a few days, as he's been shooting Nikon F65 before, but apparently he wants something smaller/lighter. And since he doesn't change lenses and mostly shoots outside at daytime, my idea was to get him something with a fixed lens.

>Do you think he would like weather sealing?
I don't think you can get weather sealing in the entry level class aside from Pentaxes, which are ultra rare here.
>>
>>2854710
>>2854711
>>2854707
Forgot to mention, but preferably sub-$50 AUD, since I'm not looking for a $200 bag
>>
>>2854709
35mm is close to 40mm, and 40mm is close to 50mm for portraits, so it can be used for both uses.
You can either look for a 70mm for longer portraits, or go wider, either a 15mm Limited or 21mm Limited, maybe get an FA 50mm macro for macro fun or an FA 85mm Soft focus, just for toying and experimenting with the special soft focusing element.
I really don't know what you actually want and there are many possibilities.
>>
>>2854717
I think there was some new-ish samsung bridge camera that had a really long lens on it... that's about as useful as I can be though...

>>2854718
Have you tried googling "Best camera back for $50"?
>>
>>2854713
Trying to think interesting new ways to use my existing gear while I wait on the market. I wouldn't call that a "problem".
You know, actually using lenses, thinking outside the box, being creative. Not being a putrid gearwhore.
>>
File: P1000598_18-200.jpg (34KB, 226x350px) Image search: [Google]
P1000598_18-200.jpg
34KB, 226x350px
>>2854717
>something smaller/lighter

m43 or Sony NEX with an 18-200 and evf?

A couple bridges, but they usually have shit sensors.

Equipment MakePanasonic
Camera ModelDMC-G3
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Macintosh
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)90 mm
Image Width4592
Image Height3448
Number of Bits Per Component16, 16, 16
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2011:10:16 08:59:23
Exposure Time1/200 sec
F-Numberf/7.1
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/7.1
Exposure Bias0.7 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length45.00 mm
Image Width226
Image Height350
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastSoft
SaturationNormal
SharpnessSoft
>>
>>2854718
Get the same from china. How dod you think I got a backpack and shoulder bag each for $50 and $2 respectively?
>>
File: 4887870099_cf69f36c73.jpg (88KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
4887870099_cf69f36c73.jpg
88KB, 500x374px
>>2854727

Considerably smaller than DSLR, but still large,
>>
>>2854724
What about this lolympus? It seems very well built with a nice lens, but I have reservations about the 1/1.7 sensor.
>>
>>2854471
Ah, y'see that's what I'm looking for. Extremely tiny size, and a correspondingly small image circle on the film.

CCTV lenses seem good, although I'm worried they project very soft images.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-06-03 10.32.46.png (188KB, 993x883px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-06-03 10.32.46.png
188KB, 993x883px
>>2854725
Spending all day every day coming the used market for lenses that may or may not show up, rather than going to a local shop and picking up any one of hundreds of used lenses for my Canon/Nikon sounds MORE gear centered, and less photo productive, than the other way around, but I guess maybe I'm just too overwhelmed having too many lenses to choose from to think about it clearly.
>>
>>2854717
>apparently he wants something smaller/lighter

So:
>small
>good
>cheap

Pick two.
>>
>>2854734
You are a good goy, I am proud.
>>
>>2854727
>>2854729
That Sony looks like a very unbalanced combo.
How usable are viewfinders on Panasonic G-series compared to, say, a D80? I see some decent deals on used Panny 14-140mm.
>>
>>2854724
It ignores the "$50" part and just gives me a list of whatever [insert rich photographer] uses when he's not jacking off or snorting white lightning with $100 bills with Steve Curry
>>
File: c0quha8buzx215vfv.jpg (55KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
c0quha8buzx215vfv.jpg
55KB, 800x450px
>>2854738

The Tamron 18-200 is much better balanced imo.

But yea, if you want a long lens and an APS-C sensor, it is gonna have to be big.
>>
>>2854735
Well duh, I don't want to choose between "huge", "bad" and "expensive", I need a compromise. But the middle ground between a bulky DSLR combo and a fixed-lens 500x superzoom with a cellphone sensor is scarce for some reason.
>>
>>2854741
That's because most people who want a quality image, and also a 300mm image, aren't generally looking at fixed lens cameras.

You won't get a fixed lens APS-C camera with 300mm equivalent. It doesn't exist. If it did exist, it would cost a lot more than $600.
>>
>>2854741
>is scarce for some reason.

it's called physics and maths
>>
>>2854727
Is Nikon 1 series complete shit?

I know it has fuck all for lenses, but I only need one.
>>
>>2854741
http://www.cnet.com/topics/cameras/best-digital-cameras/megazoom/

>>2854744
More or less.
>>
>>2854744
The one time I tried one, I spent 15min trying to work out how to change the shutter speed and I still couldn't get it to work properly because Auto mode wouldn't turn off.
>>
>>2854742
I don't really need APS-C, as I've said, he's going to shoot in daylight most of the time. Anything above, say, 2/3" is alright.

>>2854743
>there is no middle ground between 22x15mm and 4x3mm sensors because physics
u wot m8
>>
>>2854744

Pretty much. Small sensors, shit interface, poor lens selections.

Pretty sure it will be killed off soon too, so you might be able to find one dirt cheap.
>>
>>2854749
Well, there's a V2 with a 10-100 lens for $350. Just not sure how it measures up to what I wrote in >>2854681.
>>
>>2854748

>le strawman face

eat a dick
>>
>>2854682

Has Sony or Minolta ever made a FF pancake?
>>
Is there any brand that has a 43mm true standard focal length lens, preferably pancake design?
>>
>>2854769
Canon has a 28mm you can put on APS-C.
The obvious question would be, why? What's wrong with 40mm, which is a pancake, on Canon at least
>>
>>2854775

40 is too long for normal
>>
>>2854776
Well 40mm is shorter than 43mm... So...
>>
>>2854775
I was just wondering, since 50mm as a standard focal length is a Leica invention since at that time it was easier to make a slightly telephoto lens.
The 35mm frame is about 43mm diagonally so a 43mm lens would be a true standard, but I didn't see any other than one Pentax lens, even that is from some special limited edition line so it must be really difficult to get one.
40mm is just as away from it as the "standard" 50mm. I'd like to see with my own eyes what difference it makes, but yeah, it looks like a 40mm is the closest I can get for now. Apart from zoom lens.
>>
>>2854777

on apsc you imbecile
>>
>>2854784
Who fucking told you to put a 40mm lens on APS-C to achieve a 43mm field of view you fucking retard?

The fucking question was:
>Is there any brand that has a 43mm true standard focal length lens, preferably pancake design?
Which is pretty fucking close to a 40mm pan-fucking-cake lens you fucking faggot.
>>
>>2854785
>>2854775

>Canon has a 28mm you can put on APS-C.

read you imbecile
>>
>>2854769

pentax has 43mm
>>
>>2854789
So because you can put one lens on aps-c, you have to put all lenses on APS-C? Even if basic logic says that NOT doing that actually achieves the fucking goal in mind? That's how your brain works?
>>
>>2854792

>talk about apsc
>oh its not actually apsc

imbecile
>>
>>2854769
Fuji's 27/2.8 is pretty close.
>>
>>2854782
>I was just wondering, since 50mm as a standard focal length is a Leica invention since at that time it was easier to make a slightly telephoto lens.

I dispute this claim. The majority of normal lenses use double gauss design which is symmetrical.
>>
>>2854794
What the fuck are you talking about? The conversation was about a 43mm focal lenght, and ways to get it. 28mm*1.5x crop is one way. 40mm is another. Jesus fuck.
>>
>>2854799

>40mm on apsc is 60mm

imbecile
>>
>>2854782
>one Pentax lens, even that is from some special limited edition line so it must be really difficult to get one.
"Limited" is just the name they use for some of their fancier stuff, it's analogous to Canon putting an "L" on a lens. It doesn't mean that they only make X number of them. You can just go to Amazon or Adorama and order one like any other lens. The did stop making the 43/1.9 and the other FA Limiteds in silver, though, so if you want a new one you can have any color so long as it's black.

>>2854782
>>2854797
~50mm has always been common on 35mm cameras just by virtue of being approximately a normal field of view on that format. You're probably thinking of its use on SLRs, where the back-focus needed for the mirrorbox precluded the use of lenses much wider than that until retrofocus designs were invented (originally in the 30s for movie cameras) and became widely available.

I do believe some 58mm lenses had that focal length chosen because it caused some math to work out nicely, back before this stuff was done by computers. I don't have a source on that though, so it might be an old wives' tale.
>>
>>2854801
WHO FUCKING SAID TO PUT A 40mm LENS ON APSC HINT: NOBODY.
>>
>>2854806

go back and read you imbecile im not gonna hand hold for you jesus christ
>>
>>2854806
Stop replying to trolls and they will look elsewhere for entertainment. Everyone else knows exactly what you meant.
>>
>>2854811
>>2854806

>le samefagging face
>>
Is it worth it to get a new x-e2 over a second hand x-e2? the x-e2 is about 2x in price.
>>
>>2854823
Nah, buy used for sure. Unless it's broken or something.
>>
>>2854825

i actually meant new x-e2 and second hand x-e1 sorry.
>>
>>2854829
X-E2 would be my decision. Though, used, if possible.
>>
>>2854823
Get a second hand X-E2. X-E1 is very slow.
>>
>>2854839

what about x-pro1 vs x-e2?
>>
>>2854846
Same. XE2. The older bodies are so slow.
>>
I'm looking for an affordable waterproof camera for vacation on the beach. My DLSR won't be getting anywhere near the sand.

I'm on the fence between the Olympus TG-870 and the Lumix DMC-TS6D. The specs on the olympus are overall better but people complain of the image quality.

Should I worry about this too much or just get the olympus?

halp plz
>>
I use the hasselblad 500cm........
>>
Hey guys, I am an intermediate photographer, I've been using an Nikon D5300 from my sister and I'm starting to like it... so I want to buy one for myself, and I've been looking to the Canon T6i or the Nikon D7100, which should I buy? Oh and also, I would like to record high quality video.
>>
>>2854872
>I am an intermediate photographer

who made this appraisal?
>>
>>2854872
a6300
>too expensive!
Okay then, a6000.

T6i is balls, and D7100 isn't great for video.
>>
>>2854872
>>2854885
None of them has external mic or adjustable mic volume.
A t6i with Magic Lantern might be the somewhat better choice, but going for a used 60D or 70D would be a lot better for video.
>>
>>2854890
a6300 has a 3.5mm jack, but if you're doing serious video and want those types of audio controls, an external audio recorder is usually the way to go anyways.
>>
>>2854764
minolta md 45mm f2
>>
>>2854769
smegma e mount 30mm f2.8
>>
Hey /p/, I need a lens for landscapes, suggestions on focal lengths and model? I'm using a Nikon D700
>>
>>2854961
>Suggestions on focal lengths
It really depends on your style. Prevailing practice suggests wider is better for landscape, but it's also a lot more demanding, as you have to make sure that a wider swath of your scene is attractive, free of distractions and debris, and fits into the overall shot you're trying to get.
Some people like 24mm, some people like 35mm, some people like 85mm, some people like 200mm.
Some people like zooms for flexibility, and are okay sacrificing a bit of image quality (for the same price as a prime) while others bring a tripod, shutter release, timer, mirror lock up, optimum aperture and shutter speed, to do everything they can to maximize fine detail.

On a D700, the 16-35 and the 14-24, and 12-24 are all very nice wide-angles.
For more reach, there's the go-to 24-70, also.
>>
File: DSC_0067.jpg (214KB, 1200x796px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0067.jpg
214KB, 1200x796px
I'm curious about how much gear the average /p/ poster has. How many cameras and lenses do you own? Have you owned a lot more before, do you often buy and sell gear or do you mostly stick to what you have? How bad is your gearfaggotry?

I guess I would consider myself a pretty bad gearfag, but I just finished going through a big cleanout and now this is what I have left now that I've cleaned it up and arranged it nicely. I sold off a small Leica film kit and an Olympus m4/3 kit. Now I'm planning to round out my lenses a bit with an 85mm f/1.8G, a 28mm f/2.8 AI-s, and some sort of macro lens. I think with that I would be pretty well covered for everything that I would want to shoot.

Equipment MakeSony
Camera ModelD6503
Image Width3264
Image Height2448
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2016:06:03 16:14:44
Exposure Time1/32 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
ISO Speed Rating640
Lens Aperturef/2.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length4.90 mm
Image Width1200
Image Height796
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>2854987
>6 bodies
>3 lenses
Yeah, you're pretty much the worst type of /p/ fag.
>>
File: 46758.jpg (467KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
46758.jpg
467KB, 1000x563px
>>2854987

Minus one body now (D90) and plus a 80-400 AF-S.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Image Width2656
Image Height1494
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2015:08:20 17:50:00
Image Width1000
Image Height563
>>
>>2854989
I said I just sold off my stuff, I didn't get the Nikon DSLR until like a month ago so I only have one lens for it so far. I sold 2 bodies and like 7 lenses.
>>
>>2854996

There are also a few old manual lenses, F5, F65, K1000, and random stuff like a Holga and old point and shoots from my childhood.
>>
>>2854996
What do you do with so many bodies? I can get having two bodies if you're not swapping lenses, and maybe even having a set of full-frame and crop bodies to choose from, but what do you have 6 for?
>>
>>2854987
two bodies (one film, one DSLR, same mount)
eleven lenses
>>
>>2854989
I count 6 bodies and 6 lenses :^)
>>
>>2855016
this
>>
>>2854987
>>2854989
>>2854996
>>2854997
>>2855011
About 45 or so bodies.
More lenses.
>>
File: stares in japanese.jpg (46KB, 640x396px) Image search: [Google]
stares in japanese.jpg
46KB, 640x396px
>>2855025
>>
File: DSC_6059-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg (523KB, 1000x549px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_6059-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg
523KB, 1000x549px
>>2854987
At my peak, I had two main digital bodies and around ten lenses, along with four speedlights, two monolights, and a giant box overflowing with modifiers and other studio gear, plus several compacts and mirrorless cameras.

Nowadays my setup is a lot more limited. All I have for digital now is an X-Pro2 and three lenses (23, 56, and 50-230), one speedlight, and my studio lights.

I do have quite a bit of film gear, though, including an F2, EM, Hasselblad 501C, and Mamiya C33, a bunch of old OM gear and other random stuff, along with two enlargers and a whole assload of darkroom gear. I've never paid for any of it, except for film and chemicals, people just keep offering shit to me when they're clearing out their old darkrooms or find stuff in attics, and I might as well take it if it's nice stuff. Pic related was my last haul, from a late relative's darkroom.

Camera ModelNIKON D610
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.6 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)35 mm
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:02:12 16:56:57
Exposure Time10 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length35.00 mm
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2855004

Bought a D70 in 2004 to try digital, then sold it and got a D200 a couple of years later. Gave D200 (AKA battery pig) away when I got a D90 in 2007. D90 became my secondary in 2010 when I got D300s.

D7000 I bought used, came as a forced package deal because I wanted the teleconverters the guy was selling. That is when I gave the D90 away.

D610 and D7100 are just my new primaries for general wildlife. I kept D300s though, because I love it, and still use it simply because I love it. When it stops working I will keep it as a paperweight, because I love it.

D5100 is for family stuff, because it's small and light and I don't mind kids grabbing it and fucking around with it because I left it lying around.

GF has D800 and D7200, and her own plethora of lenses.

TL:DR: They all get used.
>>
>>2855030
That's a pretty amazing amount of film gear for free, are all your friends rich old people who are dying off or what? I wouldn't mind getting a full Hasselblad kit with a darkroom and everything.

My first film camera was a Nikon FA I got as a gift, and I scored my enlarger plus a pretty complete basic darkroom kit for very cheap from a thrift store. Other than that, I haven't had any luck getting cool stuff offered to me.
>>
File: 50s.jpg (255KB, 1084x800px) Image search: [Google]
50s.jpg
255KB, 1084x800px
>>2855029
Patience kohai, you'll get there.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 550D
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.6
Firmware VersionFirmware Version 1.0.8
Serial Number1132529712
Lens Name30mm
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2015:08:14 15:41:34
Exposure Time1/4 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/4.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Focal Length30.00 mm
Image Width1084
Image Height800
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
Exposure ModeManual
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModePartial
SharpnessUnknown
SaturationNormal
ContrastNormal
Shooting ModeManual
Image SizeUnknown
Focus ModeOne-Shot
Drive ModeTimed
Flash ModeOff
Compression SettingFine
Self-Timer Length10 sec
Macro ModeNormal
White BalanceCustom
Exposure Compensation3
Sensor ISO Speed160
Color Matrix129
>>
>>2855030
I'm a bit torn at the moment, because I know I should be able to get darkroom get for next to nothing, but there's a person selling a Durst 609 near me for a reasonable price ($120) instead.
And I do need one, because my MF cams are all 6x9.
I'll probably crack.
Has anyone here used one before? They seem a bit different to most other enlargers, with unit construction and tubes instead of bellows to focus. My main question is whether I can just mount normal screwmount lenses on it? I picked up a Fuji 135/5.6 in Japan which I'm sure would shit on whatever 50yo componar it came with.
>>
>>2855037
An FA is a pretty based first film camera.
>tfw my $25 opshop FM2's mirror was out of alignment
>>
>>2855037
It's been a whole bunch of things. Sometimes it's somebody moving to a new house and not wanting to cart a pile of old "useless" gear with them, others it's friends who inherit stuff and have no use for it, and I even got a few cameras from my ex-gf's dad, who was a yard sale junkie and had a closet full of film gear he'd collected.

The Hassy and darkroom gear above were a pretty special case. I was pretty close with my aunt, who was a reasonably successful art photog who'd had gallery shows and the like, but she died around 10 years ago and the gear just sat untouched in her darkroom until my uncle sold the house earlier this year. It was actually pretty sad going in to collect it, she got ill quite suddenly and there were notebooks still sitting open next to the enlargers with developing and printing notes, film still in the holders, etc.
>>
>>2854867
The TG-870 is fucking cellphone quality-tier, don't waste your time unless you want to shoot more videos than stills
>>
I'm really tempted to buy a Panasonic G7 with a metabones Ultra adapter for my 16-35mm 2.8L
I want mainly video but am limited to a 1200 euros budget ( I have a canon 60d which is long outdated )
Wondering if this combo is any good or naw.
>>
File: DSCF2368.jpg (696KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF2368.jpg
696KB, 1000x750px
Anyone get any new toys lately? This bad boy just came last night. Fuck that plasticky AF-S 300mm f4 and its dogshit tripod collar, I'd rather have the sexual build quality of this thing. I don't often indulge in photosexuality but this makes my peepee feel funny.

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX20
Camera SoftwareDigital Camera X20 Ver1.02
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Maker Note Version0130
Image Created2016:06:03 19:14:06
Exposure Time0.4 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Brightness-3.0 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length14.20 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height750
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessHard
SharpnessUnknown
White BalanceAuto
Chroma SaturationNormal
Flash ModeOff
Macro ModeOff
Focus ModeAuto
Slow Synchro ModeOff
Picture ModeAperture Prior AE
Continuous/Bracketing ModeOff
Blur StatusBlur Warning
Focus StatusOK
Auto Exposure StatusOK
>>
>>2855127

You could club a bull moose to death with that combo.
>>
>>2855127
You don't want to get a better strap now that you're hauling that thing? I would get a nice thick squishy neoprene strap, personally.

I don't have anything new, but I sold off quite a bit of gear I don't use and it feels good. There's a couple of lenses I know I want, but I haven't decided which to buy first.

Also your lens reminds me of the 105mm f/2 DC which I borrowed a few years ago. It was the same sort of brick shithouse old-school construction with that nice splattered finish. It was a monster of a lens, I understand exactly what you mean about the feeling of build quality.
>>
>>2855135
I've got a neoprene strap, but I don't really like using it with heavy stuff. With my D2Hs/100-300mm f4 combo the strap stretched and contracted with every step and it would end up bouncing all over the place like I was on the moon or something.

New strap's in the pipeline but low priority, hard to find anything decent that's not marked up 5000% here in 3rd world Nipponese Island China. I'll probably go to Bic Camera later this weekend and see if they have anything I like.
>>
File: DSCF2369.jpg (623KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF2369.jpg
623KB, 1000x750px
>>2855129
For the lulz. I definitely prefer the ergonomics of the D2Hs, especially with long lenses like this. I wish they'd make another full-size DX DSLR. Yeah, I know, I can put a grip on the 300, but there's just no substitute for the top-end viewfinder and those grip contours.

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX20
Camera SoftwareDigital Camera X20 Ver1.02
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Maker Note Version0130
Image Created2016:06:04 10:08:07
Exposure Time1/9 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Brightness0.7 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length7.10 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height750
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessHard
SharpnessUnknown
White BalanceAuto
Chroma SaturationNormal
Flash ModeOff
Macro ModeOff
Focus ModeAuto
Slow Synchro ModeOff
Picture ModeAperture Prior AE
Continuous/Bracketing ModeOff
Blur StatusOK
Focus StatusOK
Auto Exposure StatusOK
>>
>>2855142

You just let that shit dangle, huh?

I always support the weight myself, unless I'm digging in my pockets or something. To me, straps are just backup.
>>
>>2855150
Well, I usually supported it with a long lens but it was impossible sometimes while climbing around out in the field. I did lots of shooting while simultaneously doing assorted field biology tasks so I frequently needed hands free for that kind of stuff. After 3 summers and 1 winter in Yellowstone it made my neck and back muscles totally ripped.

I looked into those quick-draw straps but have heard too many horror reports and seen too much camera gore from them failing to trust them.
>>
>>2855142
I highly recommend the classic Domke Gripper if they have them there. Simple, no frills strap, pretty much like the stock one but with better grip and no giant logos.
>>
>>2855152

I hear that, my neck and shoulders are kept in shape by the 600.
>>
Sup, /p/

Quick question: Don't trust myself cleaning my camera. Is there a service/company anyone suggests for camera cleanings?
>>
>>2855148

So this is you, right?

>>2845671

Nice shots.
>>
File: 61maBAmBTrL.jpg (72KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
61maBAmBTrL.jpg
72KB, 500x446px
>>2855154
That looks pretty nice, thanks for the recommendation. I'll keep an eye out for it and I'll be visiting the civilized world next month anyway maybe I can check it out then. In the meantime I ordered this piece of shit for $4, figure I can cannibalize eyelets and strap hardware from other stuff lying around if the plastic is crappy. Looks comfy though and if it's too sketchy for a DLSR I'll toss it on my X20 instead of that pleather bullshit Fuji issues. I can be a one-man technicolor fiesta; life's too short for a boring nondescript strap.

>>2855157
Yup, that's me. Sure wish I had this lens back then instead of manual focus gear, I lost so many shots that could have been great but the focus was off. The focus confirmation dot and matte focus screen are totally useless in that kind of practical usage situation.
>>
>>2854672
Well I bought one anyway. If I don't like it I'll just sell it. Will be an interesting change instead of a dslr
>>
>>2854739
Go on aliexpress and type "camera bag".
>>
>>2854867
Don't be gay, just take your DSLR to the sand you softcock. I sit mine in the fucking sand. It's a tool, not something to babby.
>>
>>2855169
>I sit mine in the fucking sand
lol wut?

But yea its a good point, the dslr will be fine, especially if you dont change the lens then there is not reasonable way you are going to wear/break it.
Just man up fucking homo
>>
>>2854066
try harder
no one cares :^)
>>
>>2855172
>lol wut?
For that low wide angle mate. It's just a camera.
>>
Hi.
Some of you might remember me from a gear thread a couple days ago. I bought a used Canon EOS 1D Mark II N. The only problem with it seemed to be that the focusing screen had popped out. Upon getting the camera today, I put it back in. After looking over it again, I realized the shutter is fucked too.. I'll provide a pic, what should I do now?
>>
File: 20160603_230650.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20160603_230650.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
>>2855195

Here's pic.
>>
>>2854871
cool
>>
>>2855197
You're pretty much fucked. Even if you're savvy enough to disassemble and replace it yourself, a huge undertaking, the shutter unit itself is quite expensive and unless you have connections Canon might not even sell you one.

Here's an article a guy did about a DIY shutter replacement on a D2H.
https://richard.hornbaker.org/2009/10/10/nikon-d2h-shutter/

No idea what the Canon's like inside but I imagine it's a similar construction.

If you're bent on saving the camera I'd recommend emailing or calling KEH repair. They can most likely give you a quote for free. They're probably the cheapest repair outfit, much cheaper than Nikon or Canon repair, have lots of parts on hand, and were very fast and professional when I used them.
>>
>>2855199
With it being a flat rate of $250, I'll be better off just buying yet ANOTHER new camera. I upgraded from my 10D to the 1D Mark II N because of broken CF pins, and now I have to upgrade again because of a broken shutter. Thanks for the help.
>>
>>2855201
No problem. How much did you pay for the 1D? I'm not really sure on the going rates for the different Canon bodies and I admit I can't keep up with all the various marks and letters and acronyms they name their cameras with.

Looks like you can get a 1D shutter module for around $70 on ebay and I did find this:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/aesthesys-photographie/sets/72157625630485557/
>>
>>2855185
righty like i thought you just left that shit kicking around the sand for no reason
>>
>>2855204
I got mine for $90. There's no other problems with it.
>>
>>2855206
Well, if you attempted the DIY shutter repair you'd still come out ahead of the going rate for a functional Mk II body. If you fuck it up maybe you could part it out and recover some of your losses.
>>
>>2855205
Not really. If you are too scared of putting your camera anywhere you should just sell it.
>>
>>2854411
Yup. I've got one. Great camera, just haven't used it recently.
>>
>>2855206
>There's no other problems with it.
You mean except for those two problems you've had so far, one of which is catastrophic? Good to know.

Also, You don't know that there are no other problems with it. Have you been able to take a photo to be sure the sensor itself isn't fucked? Or the support hardware? Or the bits that actually write the data to a card?
>>
Has anyone used the Nikon D7200 ? I was out of "the game" for the past year or two and am still using my old D3000 and I feel that if I left the 10.2 MP and low tolerance for low light for a d7200 I'd be better off. Any recommendations? I do mostly out side evening and night shots, some day time and it ha to have HQ video recording. Thanks.
>>
>>2854458
How are you getting that much noise at ISO 800 on a d3300? If it really bothers you, switching to a d5500 or d7200 won't be that much different.
>>
>>2855211
lol im not and i agree with your point and take mine to the beach, but i thought you meant you literally just sit in the sand for no reason what so ever.
Also 550D, hope it dies a weary mechanical sandy death
>>
>>2855217
So is my only option for less noise in low light going to be full-frame?
>>
>>2855222
>55222
>>
>>2855222
You could also just deal with it. Converting to black and white helps, too.
>>
>>2855222
You could try a hotter exposure, if you aren't nailing proper exposures sometimes noise can become a lot more obvious.
>>
File: image.png (320KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
320KB, 750x1334px
I found this while looking for a good priced 35mm lens. It's very cheap compared to the canon 35mm which is like $1000+ in Australia. I'm wondering if anyone has used one, and can give me their thoughts on the lens.
>>
>>2855036
>TL:DR: They all get used.

including your gf?
>>
>>2855230
It's chintzy, slow, loud, but it's cheap.
>>
I'll be in asia for 6 months and want to upgrade to a full frame. 6D or 5Dmkiii ? I currently have a 7D
>>
leica q or leica M for street photography ?

I have a nokton 40mm 1.4 that i was using on a bessa and a sony nex5n till now.

I have a hard time chosing between the af of the q and the flexibility and ovf of the m
>>
Okay P, I've finally realized that both for my film and digital photography I could really benefit from some basic lighting.

I know I can't afford much. All I've been looking at are flashes and passive lighting. Preferably a flash without the need to replace bulbs at great cost. It would also need to be a flash I could use with all my cameras, including the analog ones.

I also have no idea how to execute lighting. Where do I start? Were I to use flash on my film cameras, how do I anticipate how much flash it takes to illuminate a subject properly? Is there a simple manual for understanding the different kinds of lighting and their uses?
>>
I have $400 and am looking for a fuji camera to use with my vintage lenses.

Can somebody give me a low down on x-m1 vs x-e1 vs x-e2 vs x-t1 vs x-t10 vs x-pro1?

Im willing to save up and buy one later if it's worth it. There are just too many choices that are seemingly very similar.
>>
So, I had $600 and bought a Nikon D5300, 18-55 kit lens and Nikon 35mm 1.8G, decent buy? I was considering the Sony A6000 or Pentax K-S2, but I liked the lenses available for Nikon more than either of those. I think I would've preferred the sensor/video performance of the A6000, but not really the quality of the lenses available at the same price point, same with the K-S2 on the lenses, but I think the sensor/video performance on that was a bit less, but obviously had other features I might've liked.
>>
>>2855252
>google is your friend

I really doubt anyone on /p/ has used every camera you've asked for to give you collective feedback on all of them because ideally you want to ask someone that has used all of them so they can compare them as a group rather than a few comparisons between a couple and trying to get an idea from people with probably vastly differing opinions.
The best would be to go and look at specs to ween out some that are not proficient to your needs, and of what is left that could potentially fit your requirements try as many in store to find what suits.
Bring your own cards to the stores so you can look at IQ for yourself or try flickr, although that may not be as good.

Also have a look at this, I have no idea how good it is though because I don't shoot fuji

> google "fuji x buyer's guide"
>>
>>2855257

you could have bought an outdated second hand camera from the same series for a lot less for a minute amount less performance.

but otherwise it's pretty standard.
>>
>>2854954

Minolta also made a 40mm for M mount which is tiny. Would probably go great on an e-mount camera.
>>
>>2855039

*kouhai
>>
>>2855283
I did buy the 5300 refurbished, but I guess point taken. I actually didn't look at the 5200, I guess if I had gone with that I would've been able to afford a bit more lens within the same budget, and with just a little more I would've been able to get two primes or a decent zoom instead.

Oh well, still a decent buy I think. I had a Canon T4i before but I burnt it out with a DC coupler and a battery set to the wrong voltage, I really didn't like the ergonomics on Canon DSLR's though, namely the positioning of the on/off switch.
>>
>>2855291
*weaboo
>>
>>2855303
>I had a Canon T4i before but I burnt it out with a DC coupler and a battery set to the wrong voltage,

lel
>>
File: 81OCB41NvaL._SL1500_.jpg (133KB, 1500x986px) Image search: [Google]
81OCB41NvaL._SL1500_.jpg
133KB, 1500x986px
Why does this lens exist? Why not just get the 70-200 f/4 since they're in the same ballpark?
>>
>>2855342
>200mm and 300mm are in the same ballpark

Spot the one in this thread who doesn't use telephotos
>>
>>2855399
New thread
>>
>>2855230
Get the EF-S 24mm pancake instead.
>>
>>2855204
How much of a difference would there be between a 1Ds MK II and a 1D Mk II N?
>>
>>2855233

15 year old detected
>>
>>2855532
I'm not a Canon guy so I don't know specifics but it looks like the standard II has twice the resolution, slightly better high ISO perfromance, and a substantially larger viewfinder. Personally I would upgrade just to get a bigger finder.

But seriously though fuck Canon's nomenclature it makes it such a pain in the dick to differentiate everything
>>
>>2855054
Thanks, mate. This is what worried me most.

>>2855172
I thought lenses didn't like the whole fine sand thing. I was planning to get some nice shots with the DSLR and then go in the water with the waterproof.
>>
>>2854064
sound advice on 4chan whaaaat?
>>2854067
Save it. You don't have to spend your money. Save it for something you actually need down the line. Instead of a bunch of lenses why not one good one and a tripod when you figure out that's what you end up needing, or, whatever it happens to be.
>>
>>2854749

I still don't know why nikon hasn't made a mirrorless DX camera

removing the mirror and viewfinder and adding a small EVF,

pushing the sensors as far back as they can so they can keep the same flange distance without it protruding so much

they won't be as small as the sony Nex, but they will be smaller and ligther than any mirror DSLR, while having the extense DX/FX lens options

even if the lens are bigger, have you seen the latest e-mount lens,
>>
>>2855532
The 1DSII is about 1.5-2 stops better at high ISO. Double the resolution, but half the buffer. The viewfinder is bigger, which is really nice. Dynamic range is similar, maybe slightly better on the 1DSII. Both are great cameras. The 1DIIn is twice as fast at 8.5fps vs the 4fps of the 1DSII
>>
What do u guys think on buying a sony a6000 for first camera? I shooed a lot with my phone and my sister's d5200. Main thing for me is photo quality. In terms of video i can go with 1080p. i want to go as cheap as possible whit most quality i can get. So for lenses i thought buying sigma art line 30,60 and 19mm f2.8.
>>
Begin post that's probably been posted here 5 million times:
Hey I just started out and bought a T6i

Did I make the right choice over a T5i or D3300 as far as hardware. Like I said, I used to do a little bit but I've been out of the game so long I'm basically starting again so it'll be quite a while till I max out my skills on this camera.

How bad did I fuck up? I'm learning how it functions now, trying my hardest to navigate the settings I need without using the screen, though I'm not sure that's 100% possible.

Anyhow, should I have just bought the T5i? I can swing the extra bit of cash. Mom has some old old Sigma lenses I might try to adapt onto my body.
>>
How does xpro1 work with adaptor and lenses. Can.t find samples on the interweb. I don.t have enough money to buy a fuji lens...si i am either stuck with an x10 or with an xpro 1 body with my old lenses
Thread posts: 349
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.