[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

beginner here how do i stop being paranoid when taking my camera

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

beginner here

how do i stop being paranoid when taking my camera out??

i feel like i'm going to be robbed the second i let my guard down to set up a shot, or, or attacked by someone who doesn't want to be filmed
>>
live in a 1st world country
>>
Stay out of really shitty neighborhoods, bring a friend, and tell people you will delete the photos/edit them out.
>>
If you're that paranoid about street, shoot with a telephoto mirrorless from a distance. It's pretty creepy though. A good trick is to find a nice background, line up a shot and let your subject walk into the frame. Nowhere near as sketch as aiming up someone.
>>
I got some bantz from some local lads about my camera. Nothing too worrying, just play it cool and have a bit of fun.
>>
>>2818363
i just line up the shots i see, and let them walk into my shot.

and im like you, new, afraid, horny. just try and use that to get better.
>>
>>2818363
Nobody can tell you how to stop being a pussy, you just have to do it.

If you try to sneak in shots or try to hide your intentions people WILL notice you and approach you. If you act like a regular human being, and say "hi" or introduce yourself and talk to them they probably won't care at all. I walk around with my camera out nearly all the time, and if someone thinks that's weird, good for them but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop. What's really annoying is when dumbasses say "hey are you doing a youtube prank? GET A LIFE", I'll flip them off and tell them I'm recording and they pussy out most of the time. Everyone is insecure, not just you.
>>
>>2818408
I did that. People fucking stopped until I took the fucking photo of the empty brick wall and only went along when I got the camera off my face. Goddamn piece of polite shits!
>>
File: pentacks.jpg (212KB, 500x706px) Image search: [Google]
pentacks.jpg
212KB, 500x706px
>>2818363
buy a
>Pentax
>>
>>2818473
>check exposure
>check focus
>lower camera
>wait for moment
>shoot
>>
>>2818434
/thread
>>
>>2818434
>"hey are you doing a youtube prank? GET A LIFE"

What. Why on earth would anyone tell you this?
>>
>>2818363
the only time i've ever been approached.... is when the homeless need cigarettes
>>
>>2818434
>>2818535
does this happen a lot to you?
Tell me the truth, is not just you wanting someone to tell you so you can flip them off?
>>
You probably will be robbed man, just stay in and take pictures of cats and close ups of coins.
>>
>>2818570
what if his cats rob him
>>
>>2818646

Good point, keep your camera in the box, OP.
>>
>>2818363
Cameras are difficult and dangerous to thieves to move. They are not wanted by thieves. They are actually actively avoided by thieves.

The only people you have to worry about are the crazy meth/crackheads who will go after anyone anyway.
>>
>>2818570
OMG the cat steal the coins
>>
>>2818428
Iktf
>>
>>2818363
If you are in a large city, dress like a bum, raggedy old clothes, greasy hair, unshaved, swish coffee grounds in your mouth for a rotten teeth look, put a bunch of crap in a shopping cart, cover yu ou camera with pieces of cardboard, tube over the lens and wrap it in a WalMart bag, talk to yourself, yell, scream, dig around in garbage cans, keep a route, go to the same places over and over, nobody, in most cities will even notice you, you become invisible to everyone, you can snap away with wild abandon, you can even wear a cardboard sign, "Homeless photographer, your picture $10", I have done this in San Francisco/Oakland, nobody even looks at you, when you fall to the level of a transient you go off the radar, unless you are threatening people, cops don't even bother you, got some nasty clothes I wear and a greasy, filthy sleeping bag I drag around, Street Photography at its most gritty.
>>
File: 1459643834602.png (97KB, 207x201px)
1459643834602.png
97KB, 207x201px
>>2818757
there is like a 1% chance this is a legit post and i choose to believe it is

based /p/memers
>>
>>2818363
Set up your exposure and things by standing by, not looking through camera.

Snap shoot afterwards.

I really like the top display on my camera.
>>
>>2818364
>>
>>2818363

Buy a gun and build your confidence.
>>
File: IMG_20160412_161150.jpg (686KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160412_161150.jpg
686KB, 1920x1080px
>>2818757
I shoot in SF and Oakland regularly, I don't do any of that. I just don't wear flashy shit (jewelry, Jordan's etc) and just be smart about where you pull it out at. Ive taken pics all over East Oakland on Foothill/Bancroft/International and never once had a problem, and these are all high crime areas. Be smart anon, utilize your thinking cap
>>
learn to do upskirt pictures first, master it. Then you will be able to take normal pics without anyone knowing you have a camera. Become the camera
>>
>>2818818
Does that actually works?

I've found that the best way to NOT get robbed is to be the center of attention at all times.

Literally wear flashy red shirts and stand in the center of all empty spaces, hum to your favorite song, play air guitar, talk loudly on the phone, do anything except blending in.

If everyone is looking at you, thieves won't come close, because then everyone will be looking at them too.
>>
I just drench myself in pigs blood before heading out so people believe I've already been robbed and murdered.
>>
>>2818410
Clearly english
>>
Looks like a couple of us are living in the bay area.
>>
>>2818937
IG: @mady_serjin
>>
>>2818757
>how to be like Bruce Gilden.txt
>>
>>2818535
Stupid ass HS or college kids think everything goes on Youtube if it isn't on Vine. Mostly they just talk shit if they think I'm taking "embarrassing" photos of them or something.

>>2818564
It honestly doesn't happen much, but it depends on what I take a picture of them doing and if they feel brave or not. Most people just give dirty looks and I smile and wave back.
>>
>>2818655
>Cameras are difficult and dangerous to thieves to move

Why?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.