[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pretty new here Do you guys take a camera with you everywhere?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: 1450765909729.jpg (293KB, 1227x818px) Image search: [Google]
1450765909729.jpg
293KB, 1227x818px
Pretty new here

Do you guys take a camera with you everywhere? Lately I've been trying to make an effort to give a period of time to a session where I can practice taking photos but sometimes I find something I'd love to take a photo of and I don't have my camera on me

Do you always carry a camera on you? Is it weird if you're always walking around with a dslr around your neck?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS-1D Mark II N
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS4 Macintosh
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2010:09:24 07:42:34
Exposure Time1/4000 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating320
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias-0.7 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length200.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width3504
Image Height2336
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
I've started doing this a lot more. I now take a compact 35mm film body with me everywhere and my digital on a over the shoulder strap. The only time I don't take it with me is if I'm doing my daily trip to the shops.

It's not weird at all.
>>
>not having a dslr on each shoulder,hand and around the neck
>>
>>2803104
i always have a camera with me, can't take a pic without one (and my phone sucks)
>>
>>2803104
I always have my camera on me, and I almost never use it unexpectedly. The thought process is "what if I see something awesome" but I never do. Daily life is pretty boring.
>>
File: trashin babby.jpg (20KB, 315x239px) Image search: [Google]
trashin babby.jpg
20KB, 315x239px
>>2803153
>unexpectedly
it really isn't

PhotographerOskar
>>
>>2803157
What?
>>
Whenever I go virtually anywhere without a camera I always see several interesting potential photo subjects.
Whenever I take my camera with the intention of shooting, I don't see nearly any reasons to take it out/even bother attempting framing anything.
Every
Single
Time
I-I just don't know anymore.
>>
>>2803178
This some real shit right here
>>
anyone have a good shoulder strap recommendation

all I have is the default neck strap and if I'm taking it everywhere it'd be easy to just sling it over my shoulder and be good
>>
Yes, always. Usually two, a film P&S and my GR. Even if I'm just taking out the trash or picking up groceries.
>>
I've started doing it recently. I carry around my Nikon and my little Fuji X-A1
>>
>>2803178
>>2803194

i found the fix for that sometime ago.

i always carry my camera, not a dslr, but a little camera, with the intention to shoot. but i wait. i never take it out of the bag until i lose a shoot. thats right, i just walk minding my own stuff until i say "holy fuck shit that was a sweet photo goddamn it was just perfect". then and only then i bring out the camera. works everytime.

but you have to lose a shot.
>>
>>2803208
I like that
>>
I live in Brazil, so, it's not a good idea do carry a DSLR everywhere you go...
But I'm thinking about to buy a Nikon 35mm film so I can carry around anywhere without worry about my dslr and shit
>>
>>2803237
All but the shittest gimped late era Nikon film bodies are worth more than your DSLR.
Move somewhere with less monkeys.
>>
>>2803237

get chaika or lubitel for bakelite MF tones. dont bring nikon into the favelas, you dumbass.
>>
>>2803104
Always carrying a SLR with 50mm or a rangefinder. Get a longer strap and carry it over your shoulder, you'll look less douchy
>>
I shoot a lot with my iPhone. It's just easier than carrying around the 1D all the time.
>>
>>2803237
Fucking this. I'm a small guy, and walking around with my dslr is actually scare some places.
>>
i doubt a good photographer is put off by bad image quality. use your phone, get good at photography with whatever you've got on you
>>
>>2803401
>I'm a small guy,

4U
>>
File: petehalupka.jpg (78KB, 472x500px) Image search: [Google]
petehalupka.jpg
78KB, 472x500px
>>2803208

Lolz so true.

Always have one on my. To many missed opportunities that i still remember and kick myself about missing.

Don't have a DSLR, just a mirrorless compact and 35mm P&S. So nothings really a burden to carry around all day.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop 7.0
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution800 dpi
Vertical Resolution800 dpi
Image Created2006:12:04 21:22:14
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width472
Image Height500
>>
>Bring my camera to work for a week straight
>Take a few snapshits
>Forget to bring it one day
>See pictures everywhere, hawks on my way home I could have got

Take it with you - even if you only take a few pictures from it a week.
>>
>>2803104
When I first started photography as a hobby, I took my dslr everywhere with me. But as I learned more, the less I was inclined to take it with me, because what I wanted to take photos of were things I wouldn't stumble upon at random.

That was when I turned a spare bedroom into a studio and started getting models to take the photos I wanted.

But like this guy >>2803237 I still take a cheap ass 35mm film camera with me out and about in case if I see something interesting on the street I'd like to take a photo of. Using a 35mm film camera tends to make you less of a target for muggers for obvious reasons.
>>
>>2803104

I normally keep my DSLR in my backpack with me just in case I see something worth photographing.

I've started drawing a few "are you becoming a journalist or something lol" jokes because I've started posting pictures of stuff that's started happening in Belfast while I'm nearby like riots or building fires.
>>
>>2803119
This
>>
>>2803104
I use a small messenger bag to carry my a7s and a small 50mm everywhere together with keys, phone and shit like that. It doesn't look like a camera bag so it's quite stealthy. It can also fit a second big lens if you don't care about the weight.
I think it's called the cullmann madrid 230 or something like that.
>>
>>2803175
it's not unexpected
>>
>>2803237

ayy famiglia whereabouts you're based at? (I'm in Natal)

from my experience though you can carry it virtually anywhere with you, just don't make it conspicuous

or just get an insurance really, I saw a guy recently at the Olinda Carnival with a Hassy, he told me he didn't really care because he was insured

I've been thinking as well of getting a film camera, specifically a half-frame point-and-shoot such as the Olympus Pen series since they're pretty abundant at mercadolibre (and you get double the exposures)

>>2803252
>MF

lol we don't get such patrician cameras around here
>>
>>2804782
What?
>>
>>2804804
almost never using a camera you always have with you is not unexpected
>>
>>2804838
Oh, so after all this time, it's just that you didn't understand me. Okay. Let's rephrase.

Even though I always have a camera on me, I find that I rarely use it without having already planned to use it, for a photo shoot, or something similar. It's rare that unexpected situations arise where having a camera on me at all times is proven to be a benefit.
>>
>>2804839
well that took a few days, but ok I hear you
>>
When I used to walk 5-10 minutes to classes or to downtown, I always had a camera (sometimes two or three, with a full selection of lenses), because there was always someone or something to photograph.

Now that I drive 45 minutes to/from work on a somewhat rural highway, I just keep a Nikon FA with 28, 50, and one spare roll of film in my glove box.

I've taken about 10 photos in the last month with it. Maybe by July I will be able to develop the current roll...

When I'm hired on to do an actual shoot is when I do most of my photos now.
>>
>>2803237
Yeah, I actually missed a ton of shots because of suspicious Havaianas fags around me.

Can't wait to move out from this shithole
>>
>>2803104
>wearing a helmet
>not having a hood on either lens

those priorities tho
>>
>>2805098
>gear is more important than life

And hoods get in the way.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.