[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is the most insufferable category of photographers and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: Capture.png (146KB, 1529x746px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
146KB, 1529x746px
Who is the most insufferable category of photographers and why is it birdfags?
>>
>>2725887
Automobiles, Kids and Family, Pets, Food, most Macro.
>>
I think that anyone who "specializes" in "bird photography" is fucking retarded. Got to have the millionth picture of that fucking hummingbird, mate. Same goes for planespotting to some extent.
>>
>>2725890

I guess when you're a fat, old, divorced man you can't really move around too much. They just sit in one spot all day because they have nobody to go home to.
>>
>>2725888
Nailed it
>>
>>2725887
>>2725890
>>2725892
Birds can fly, and flying is awesome. Also, many birds are rare, and beautiful. Getting a good photo of a bird actually being awesome, or in a good location, can be difficult.

Think of it like fishing. You sit, it's calm, you wait, you think and sit in peace. And sometimes there are birds.

It's much better than "Oh hey an expensive car that someone else bought and parked on the side of a very boring completely average road with lots of stuff in the background, I gotta get a photo!" or "Hey i went to this car show and also I'm Captured Society"
>>
>>2725887

is that the SA forums? looks neat and tidy but retarded as well. middleagey as fuck.

anyways birdfags are a special class. dont forget "newborn" photogs too. i think both of those categories can be safely branded as paraphilias.
>>
>>2725901

>birdfag detected

No it's not hard... you just sit with a huge telephoto and wait.

Setting up a shoot with a car and getting the lighting correct is far more of a challenge.

>>2725906
photography on the net forums. Pretty gud
>>
I get mixed feelings from nature and landscape photographers, some of them are my favorite people ever but some of them like to be reclusive and aren't that personable.
>>
>>2725918
>you just sit and wait

After potentially hiking several miles in unfavorable conditions, yeah

>photography is only good if it involves setting up a bunch of lights
0/10, also that poster was talking about car-spotting, not professional automobile shoots.
>>
>>2725918
youve clearly never stepped outside your shit controlled environments. wild animals dont let you place your faggy lights and pose for you when youre ready to shoot
>>
>>2725887
>Glamour & Nude (49 viewing)
Internet, you're always the same.

I think the most insufferable species of photography are any of them executed with no talent or vision or intent.
Photos of any kind of banal garbage can be amazing when they're made skillfully.
The good thing about /p/ is that so many of us here imagine ourselves as artists, so we make an effort to produces pictures that demonstrate some style or feeling.
Our priority is the photo, not the subject.
>>
>>2725919
>wahhh people dont want to put up with me acting like a 13 year old that just discovered a wow neat film camera
theyre not recluses ur just annoying
>>
>>2725919
> people who actively spend their free time as far away from other people tend to be reclusive
You don't say?
>>
File: 1430125491368.gif (248KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1430125491368.gif
248KB, 500x600px
>>2725923

>After potentially hiking several miles in unfavorable conditions, yeah

Turn it up faggot. Landscape photographers do the exact same, and in worse conditions.

>photography is only good if it involves setting up a bunch of lights

pic related
>>
>>2725974
The grand canyon doesn't move. Yah, you gotta wait for the right light, by thanks to meteorology and astronomy you can pretty much tell when that'll be. Birding is far, far more difficult even when you do everything right, learn all you can about population patterns environments and behaviors. I don't particularly care for it myself, but I give the good ones major props because it is very difficult.

I'm not the guy you're replying to so I won't try to defend his retardation on the other point, but from how you're replying,I can tell you've never given birding a serious go, otherwise you'd be singing a different tune.
>>
Where's the fine art or even abstract category?
Pedestrian as fuck, its all insufferable.
>>
File: 1399920487792.jpg (252KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
1399920487792.jpg
252KB, 800x531px
streettogs are pretty cancerous too i m o t b h f a m

>snapshit of the back of some old man's head put through silver efex
>kid jumping over puddle because hcb took a picture like that once because muh decisiv mumint
>hdr of some homeless person because muh humin cundition

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-ernest-sweet/street-photography-has-no_b_7842038.html
>>
>>2726025
This.

I honestly think many of them just get off on the idea of lecturing others that what they are doing is legal and they can't do anything about it.
> not saying they have the balls to actually do it, but masturbate over the idea
>>
>>2725974
>pic related

How is that a strawman? Your argument was literally "photographing cars is better/more refined because you set up a bunch of lights, vs camping out with a telephoto lens"

>landscape photographers do the exact same
>and in worse conditions
Nature and landscape photographers tend to venture into the same areas, they just look for different things to photograph. So you can't really say one has it harder than the other.
>>
>>2726025
>article
>hurr why you copy gilden so much?
>his work is pure gilden

lmao hes a clickbait whore butthurt at fb likes of other people. being a pontificating faggot about what other people "should do" with their hobbies is cancer to the max in my t.b.h. opinion.
>>
>>2726025
lol chinks.
>>
>>2725901

You nailed bird photography in that post, anon. Basically a fishing equivalent for air animals, w/o as much blood.
>>
>Who is the most insufferable category of photographers
/p/
>>
>>2726068
fucking /thread
>>
>>2726068
Fuck you we are elite photogs. This board has given birth to some of the greatest, yet unrecognised talent of this era. Take isi and Katie Elmore for example.
>>
>>2726048
Glad I am not the only one. I've known people to be this butthuet about other people's photography personally, needless to say they are hard to get along with.
>>
>>2725887
>Who is the most insufferable category of photographers
'''''''street''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''photographers'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
>>
>>2726048
>their hobby
If you think he was talking about pure hobbyists, you've shit reading comprehension.
>>
Anyone who specializes in a category. The rules of photography are the same in every case. The only things that vary are your equipment, the environment in which you shoot, and whether or not people skills are necessary.

There is ONE other factor: How much encyclopedic knowledge you have. That can be helpful in terms of shooting animals, or knowing how to be when shooting different types of people, or knowing where to find the kinds of city photos you want (ghetto vs business area, east coast climate and architecture vs west coast climate and architecture).

As soon as you're like, "I'm a STREET PHOTOG," or "I SHOOT BIRDS ONLY," you've literally said nothing but: "I don't care enough about either the world or photography to be one of the truly greats."

You might specialize for commercial purposes, but even commercial photographers shoot all kinds of shit because they like photography. Maybe in their spare time.

These people you're pointing out are HOBBYISTS who choose to discard 99% of photography to specialize in 1% when they should really be working on their technique and understanding in as many challenging environments and for as many challenging purposes as possible.

SO THE ANSWER IS ALL OF THEM, ALL OF THE AMATEUR "SPECIALIZERS", EVERY SINGLE ONE IS INSUFFERABLE.
>>
File: get.jpg (99KB, 1600x1071px) Image search: [Google]
get.jpg
99KB, 1600x1071px
>>2726068
now that this thread is officially finished...

check em

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareVer.1.20
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2013:05:05 00:41:00
White Point Chromaticity0
Exposure Time33333/500000 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating26214800
Lens Aperturef/1.0
Subject Distance0.00 m
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length10.00 mm
Color Space InformationUnknown
Image Width1600
Image Height1071
Exposure Index0
>>
>>2726196
You've got your wires twisted son.

To have a hope at being one of "the world's greatest" you have to specialize.
>>
>>2726204
>art is performance
how to spot an ameritard
>>
>>2726206
Because Ansel is known for his product photography, and Leibovitz is known for her food photos. I love Terry's landscapes.

>INB4 none of the people who are objectively talented and undeniably successful are talented or successful, only these few obscure artists with no following or focus are true artists.
>>
>>2726210
Because there are famous product/food/landscape photographers ?
>>
>>2726213
Did you just suggest that there are no famous landscape photographers... or...
>>
>>2726216
>muh Rhine II
>>
>>2726204
Nope. That comes much, MUUUUCH later.
People on the Internet are just being retarded.
Nothing else.
>>
>>2726255
>implying gurskey is a photographer
>>
>>2726206
It is performance. After a certain point it's about refining your technique and vision. You can't refine what you haven't mastered. You can't master anything bouncing around genres.
>>
GWCs
Fuckers make it harder than it should be to work with a lot of models and generally give photographers a shit name.
>>
File: o63vh.jpg (4KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
o63vh.jpg
4KB, 150x150px
Landscape/city/street faggots, on other forums more than here.

>be me
>post album of friend biking, lots of tricks etc
>lots of runs of 5-10 photographs sequencing a trick
>some where he's going past me start off out of focus and come into focus on second or third image
>aim is for viewer to go through the sequences and see the trick/action develop

>get criticism for the album being too big
Sorry it's not 1 moody photo of a hobo reading a 7 year old magazine in black and white.
>>
File: guessnumber.jpg (57KB, 1000x846px) Image search: [Google]
guessnumber.jpg
57KB, 1000x846px
>>2726200
Nice 2013 you catch there.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareVer.1.20
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2013:05:05 00:41:00
White Point Chromaticity0
Exposure Time33333/500000 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating26214800
Lens Aperturef/1.0
Subject Distance0.00 m
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length10.00 mm
Color Space InformationUnknown
Image Width1600
Image Height1071
Exposure Index0
>>
/r/photography is a fucking wasteland
>constant shilling of prime lenses or generic gear questions, despite rules saying no gear questions
>down voting of anything that isn't street photography
>application of skills needed for one type of photography (street for example) to every other type

Inb4 leddit shitposting, the only advantage it has over this shit hole is it moves faster
>>
>>2726095
Who the fuck is isi?
>>
Any category that categorises themselves into a category.
>>
>>2726898
That's what slow-mo is for anon
>>
Those black guys on instagram with DSLRs who take pictures of their feet from on top of buildings, hang out with coalburners and have 1000000 of the same street images and take pictures of their nigger buddies drinking Hennessy or wearing Supreme

Teenage metrosexuals who only take
pictures of whore teenages girls in artsy poses and that's all they do.

Uncle Terry
>>
>>2726095
wew lad
>>
>>2727902

You sound like a totally reasonable, fun person to be around.
>>
>>2727905
>Im triggered because he doesn't like millennial-era "artists"
>>
>>2727902
I'm pretty sure the first part is a strictly white person thing

second are just daddy doms

third is still uncle terry
>>
>>2727605
I find reddit to be filled with momtographers who love to bitch about Bruce Gilden
>>
>>2727902
Let me also add: hipster "outdoorsmen" who wear $2000 pretty clothes and fashionable boots unfit for hiking and scarves to go "camping" and make sure you can see their fashionable socks and throw a vsco filter on everything. Kids that go out of their way to buy "vintage" camping gear that they show off in neatly arranged photographs on top of wooden tables. They take pictures of their faggot friends standing on top of hills with indian blankets wrapped around them, because everyone does a hike with a full sized indian blanket.
>>
>>2727897
Which is better:

>one photo of skateboarder midway through a kick flip
>a sequence of said kick flip in smaller size

I'm mostly triggered by fucks that take a photo a month, throw it in black and white and then pontificate about other styles of photography. Like have some awareness of how other styles work or fuck off
>>
>photography-on-the.net

If you think gearfagging here is bad have a look at some of the stuff over there, makes /p/ look like Group f/64 in the 40s
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.