[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /p/ I just bought a Nikon 3300 did I do ok? Pic related,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Desmond.png (3MB, 1467x908px) Image search: [Google]
Desmond.png
3MB, 1467x908px
Hi /p/ I just bought a Nikon 3300 did I do ok?

Pic related, my cat Desmond
>>
>>2704858
Nice camera and cat
>>
>>2704858
I've never understood people who buy something *then* ask for input. Is this some meme I'm not familiar with?
>>
>>2704864
Well I looked in to buying beforehand, but I wanted to see people's opinions now that I have it.
Better than a what camera iz gud thread
>>
File: Mila.png (3MB, 1904x964px) Image search: [Google]
Mila.png
3MB, 1904x964px
>>2704861
Thanks, my girlfriend named this one after Mila Kunis
>>
I love your blog OP.
>>
>>2704858
it's a nice portrait, very well focused, sharp, and his posing is lovely. a few things to consider: you don't want to clip his paw off the lower edge of the picture. either have the entire paw in there or crop so that it's not. the door frame (or whatever) directly behind his head is a little distracting. would be nice if this shot was recomposed such that's the frame is not there, or the black space is at least minimized. this will keep stronger emphasis on his face and remove distracting elements.

to me, strong focus is about where the focused element runs into a contrasting color. if only his head is in the shot, and his head is surrounded by wall, then i'm totally focused on his head. if his head is in the shot but then there's a blackish-looking thing next to it, then my eyes are treating cat+weird-out-of-focus-blackness as the portrait focus.

all of this said i really like the picture.
>>
>>2704870
Cool thanks for replying!

I didn't even think of any of those details, I guess I have things to learn
>>
the
>>
File: 1311761497662.jpg (7KB, 276x277px) Image search: [Google]
1311761497662.jpg
7KB, 276x277px
>>2704875
>>2704875
>>
>>2704874
everyone's learning all the time

one other thing, depending on the mood you want to create, i might increase the exposure on this a bit. everything could be a little brighter to bring out the colors of the bedspread and desmond the cat. since his black stripes will still be black, this will increase the overall contrast of the picture, and make it look more dynamic and vivid.
>>
>>2704858
You dun good

I just bought a D3200 in September. Yeah...

(Because the guy gave me a great discount on a second lens, so hey.)
>>
>>2704858
What lens(es) do you have?
>>
>>2704858
cats are a good test of sharpness
>>
>>2704858
I got a 3300 during the amazon prime day """"'sale"""". it was the only thing on the sale i was interested in. anyway, at the time i had a 3100 and it served its purpose but the sensor in the 3300 is much, much nicer. it handles iSO noise a LOT better. the "effects" option is needless to say, shit, but i guess if you want to take a really quick pano at least that option is useful.

its a nice starting camera. the lens sucks though, but thats what you get with a kit lens. it's all you need to start learning though. itll suit your needs for now until you find your style and the kind of lenses you'll want to look into in the future.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.