[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey guys im gonna start taking some photography lessons and i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: 91j6QKRtolL._SL1500_.jpg (208KB, 1500x1398px) Image search: [Google]
91j6QKRtolL._SL1500_.jpg
208KB, 1500x1398px
hey guys im gonna start taking some photography lessons and i need a starting dslr camera. what do you suggest. btw im not rich so suggest some economic cameras please. im thinking nikon d5200
>>
a7rii sweet 4k sweek 42mp awesome.
Pair it with a zeiss otus and your good to go.
>>
I suggest you delete this thread and use the gear thread.
>>
You'll want something that's not a chore to carry around and also doesn't tie you down to one system/manufacturer so I don't recommend a system camera like a DSLR or M4/3. Your best bet is a decent compact like a Sony RX100 Mk1 or Canon S100/S95.

If you have no idea what kind of images you want to take than you cannot tailor your wants/needs to a specific camera/lens.

Also there's a gear thread so please go post in there instead
>>
nah i was actually thinking canon 1Dx 24-70L
>>
>>2700188
i like taking macro pictures
>>
>>2700186

Dude that's a stupid suggestion. Get a RED dragon.
>>
>>2700188
i MUST get a dslr thats a rule
>>
>>2700185
Sony mirrorless

EVF's give a wysiwyg preview, this will make learning the exposure triangle and getting predictable results 1000 times easier.

The only difference between a dslr and mirrorless is a big flappy mirror and an optical viewfinder as opposed to electronic.
>>
>>2700194
so should i get sony a6000
>>
>>2700199
It's a great camera and the one I would recommend to anyone looking to start out in photography.

the wysiwyg display will allow you to never blow your highlights (zebra indicators), never miss focus (focus peaking and focus magnification) and never get completely unexpected results. I also think the small size makes it more tempting to take with you more often allowing you to get in as much practice as possible.

Since I moved from my pentax K5 to an A7, 2 members of my family who aren't nearly as technically minded as myself have made the switch to mirrorless.
>>
i love mirrorless cameras because the battery runs out so quickly that i can stop shooting and get back to posting on the internet about how much i love mirrorless cameras
>>
>>2700185
a6000
>>
I'd personally take D3300 over A6000. I don't think mirrorless cameras are great at all. Their battery life is too inferior.
>>
D5200 is good, you might want to amp up to D5300 if you want to get the extra megapixels and gps, also to mention the longer battery life.
>>
Get a Nikon D300/s. Way more camera for less money. And you wont be stuck with a body that isn't compatible with the high quality, affordable lens range.
>>
Bear in mind that if you want to convert old manual lenses that canon is better for this (there's a bigger hole in the camera, so converters don't hurt image quality).
>>
>>2700194
>>2700212
> get a camera that does the scrutinising and visualising for you. This will somehow make it easier to learn how to do it yourself. It will never become a crutch because mirrorless is the future.
>>
>>2700192
then you should find another class.
just read a book
>>
>>2700192
Yea, just get the d5200 or d5300 then.
>>
>>2700191
>RED dragon
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=red+dragon
>>
File: 90376020_21944ecd30_z.jpg (96KB, 640x507px) Image search: [Google]
90376020_21944ecd30_z.jpg
96KB, 640x507px
>>2700185

>pic related
>>
File: Face.png (458KB, 605x549px) Image search: [Google]
Face.png
458KB, 605x549px
>>2700188

>hey guys taking photo class need dslr

>hurrr durr get a point and shoot
>>
just get a d3200. they're dirt cheap now
>>
>>2700185
The D5200 isn't worth the extra price over the D3300 in my opinion. Get the D3300 with a nice prime lens of your choice and you'll be 1000x better off than with a D5200 and the kit (shit) lens.
>>
>>2700212
OP said "learn photography"

Using wysiwyg is just going to slow him down. Maybe I'm just old.
>>
>>2704538
why would that slow him down?
you're just old grandpa.
>>
Canon t3i is where its at
>>
>>2704576
t5i
not much more expensive, and dirt cheap refurb
>>
>>2704564
Because if you're not forced to learn from your mistakes and pay attention to proper exposure, you'll never learn. I happened across an old film slr without a light meter. Learning the sunny 16 rule and everything that goes along with it has made me a much better digital photographer.
>>
>>2704579
>look into evf
>see histogram
>never overexposed
>be autist
>turn on zebra
get on with the times
>>
>>2704579
No, it hasn't.
>>
>>2704584
>lose every single crucial instant that presents itself in front of your eyes ever
>>
>>2700185
its a decent beginner camera. id suggest the d3300 which what i shoot with. Upgrading to the 610 soon.
>>
>>2700186
oh yeah lets suggest a full frame mirorless camera that cost a dick ton with a zeiss which also costs a dick ton. No doubt a good camera but definitely not a good beginner camera. a good upgrade though.
>>
Secondhand D300s. Just do it.
>>
>>2700185
Sony A7MK2
or MK1.
and the 28-70 kit
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.