[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got hired as a treeplanter in Northern Ontario this summer,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 6

File: 1472095585397.jpg (44KB, 480x674px) Image search: [Google]
1472095585397.jpg
44KB, 480x674px
Just got hired as a treeplanter in Northern Ontario this summer, im going to be living in a tent for 40+ days and work all day in the forest. Really looking forward to it. Has anyone else here worked as a treeplanter before? what can I expect?
treeplanting general thread I guess
>>
Best advice is to just get balls deep into it.

If you try to stay dry/comfortable/clean you will waste all your time and not make any money. Buy cheap LIGHT boots, I was an idiot and got big heavy indestructible boots, when guys with 30$ Wal-Mart boots were much more comfortable, and if they wore out they were still cheaper to buy another.

Get wet, go hard, and make up for it in booze day.

Things to bring for your first week, weed, gatorade, and comfort food snacks. The junkiest shit you can think of. You will want it.
>>
>>15752

Also, you WILL get bitten thousands of times a day by bugs. There is literally nothing you can do about it.

I wore a single oversized white dress shirt every day for 4 months, and washed it twice, it's the best thing you can wear for bugs and sun.
>>
Definitely bring plenty of extra socks, you'll need em.
>>
>>15752
how the fUCK do i get a job as a tree planter
>>
>>15752
From afar, your OP image looks like a cashew inside a Dorito's bag.
>>
apparently the bugs are fucking insane and everyone chain smokes to keep them off
>>
>>15757
LMAO!!!
i see it now
>>
nice G.I.R.L.
>>
>>15756

Google tree planting (your area)

There are always a small handful of companies who are known for hiring first timers.

They pay shittier, and hire 3x the people they need because the dropout rate is mondo.
>>
>>15752
You just know in this picture she's saying "nooooo don't take my picture, I'm not wearing makeup."
>>
>>15752
What species will you be planting? It better be an wide assortment like what nature intended.

>>15762
I just realized right now that I don't know what an unwashed girl who's been hiking all day smells like. It can't be pretty.
>>
>>15752
rubber boots.

head net

solar charger
>>
File: magik.png (173KB, 552x552px) Image search: [Google]
magik.png
173KB, 552x552px
>>15752
do y'all know of any jobs in Texas ?
>>
>>15752
>naked in sleeping bag
>pussy juice everywhere
nope.com
>>
>>15766
>>15752

Actually, are washable sleeping bag liners (sewing a folded sheet into a pocket shape) a thing? Why would this be a bad idea besides the carry weight of one cotton sheet?
>>
>>15763
>I just realized right now that I don't know what an unwashed girl who's been hiking all day smells like. It can't be pretty.

No better than you do after walking the same distance, honestly you don't notice it.
>>
>>15768
As long as you don't have sex it's ok. My GOD that smell is fucking rank. Smells like two months old rotten fish.

t. brought gf on a cabin trip for two days
>>
>>15767
Yes, they are called 'sleeping bag liners'.
>>
>>15770
kek
>>
>>15752
Ugh, that spine. Someone get this girl some food!!!
>>
Gloves, multiple pairs. You WILL destroy them.
>>
>>15767

They're also called sleep sacks. I have a silk one I use for hotels, where the sheets can sometimes be.... questionable. They are very light and comfy. I got mine about 15 years ago at REI for about $50. Cotton and other materials are cheaper.
>>
>>15769
Dude your girl needs to work on hygiene and diet then. Vagina is self cleaning, shouldn't smell like death after just two days.
>>
File: received_10158243090300167.jpg (71KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
received_10158243090300167.jpg
71KB, 960x720px
>>15752
Bring a lot of socks
Have dry socks and shoes waiting on the bus for you everyday
Focus on quality... numbers will come , but only if you arent branded as a Treeslut in the first 2 weeks . Your crew bosses will search your land looking for your shitty, loose trees because they know youre a lazy yuppie from the city
Avoid being from Southern Ontario
Avoid referring to the woods as "the bush" as so many Ontario city slickers do.
Fuck I hate ontario
Source: 4th year at Haveman Bros.

Also bring plastic totes to keep your shit in to keep it dry...
Also a hair dryer is a good idea. The name of the game is dry boots, but never avoid a puddle or swamp ... the soil is too creamy and isnt worth being dry for avoiding.... worry about drying after the dat is done

Again, fuck southern ontario... you wannabe bush boy yuppie city slickers.
>>
>>15761
How much will the not shitty places pay?
>>
File: 1484518442452.jpg (31KB, 615x456px) Image search: [Google]
1484518442452.jpg
31KB, 615x456px
>>15769
She has hygiene issues...have her look into that anon :^(
>>
>>15752
What is it about this picture?
Hhnnggg
>>
My kid wants to do this; he wants to spend the summer out like OP just camping and planting. Does anyone hire 16 year olds in the US?
>>
>>15775
>>15778
You're obviously kissless virgins. You'll see someday when you finish high school.
>>
YO
https://www.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=8d4d4b362675588b&from=serp&prevUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.indeed.com%2Fm%2Fjobs%3Fq%3DReforestation%26l%3D%26from%3Dso%26fromage%3D%26sort%3D%26iafilter%3D%26jt%3D%26explvl%3DENTRY_LEVEL
(Sorry about that url)

This is my dream job. Could I live off this? I plan on bike touring the states and I feel like this will support me when I'm low.

>Tfw I get to spend the summer actually doing something to help the environment AND get experience AND get paid for it AND living expenses are provided
>>
>>15782
Oh dang it's an internship
>>
So this job is literally camping and planting trees all summer? what's the catch?
>>
>>15784
The catch is you're camping and planting trees all summer.
>>
>>15777

I was getting average 8c/ tree

Ontario max I've heard is around 12c.

In bc apparently it gets as high as 25c
>>
>>15763

You're not restoring nature you moron, we planted almost exclusively jack pine, purely future toilet paper material.
>>
>>15787
or beetle food

unless your crew boss pushed Jack into black muck again
>>
>>15788

We had a moronic client once who insisted duff was the same as soil, the crew bosses hated him so not a single tree was pulled as a duff shot.

I wasn't a high baller by any means but I made a lot more money after that.
>>
>>15786
how long does it take to plant a single tree? because if I'm given all day to work and live in the woods where I don't have much else to do I could see myself working at a nice pace throughout the daylight hours
>>
>>15781
Fishy and sour is not the default vagina smell
>>
>>15763
>what nature intended
Biologist here
Consider me properly triggered
>>
>>15790

Somewhere in the neighborhood of a second to three seconds depending on conditions. In a long straight sandy trench could be even less. Never timed it.
>>
>>15772
>t. Fatty
>>
Not sure if I should make a new thread, but I'll just reply in this one.
I got hired by the MCC as a crew member for this summer season, does anyone here have experience with them, know what I should expect, or what gear I should get?
Thanks
>>
>>15792
Where I live it's entirely monocrop Douglas fir.

Would it kill the timber companies to throw in an oak or a maple every once in a while
>>
>>15781
Seriously dude, she doesn't sound healthy
>>
File: kek expanison.jpg (103KB, 1375x749px) Image search: [Google]
kek expanison.jpg
103KB, 1375x749px
>>15781
>bae's pussy smells like the holocaust
>this is normal
>>
>>15776
Haveman, Pfft.
Were you one of the lucky few who went back to fix the Nakina debacle of '15?
>>
>>15769
>>15781

>GF is a putrid skank
>kind anons try to give advice
>get angry
>>
>>15796
Forester here. We probably should add the odd other species tree but the extra hassle is not worth what you get out of it.

>Bored at work. Can take forestry questions.
>>
>>15789
Lol
I'm glad to hear that you could at least see the silver lining shine (or was it gold that day?) in spite of fucking useless clients
>>
>>15776
whats wrong with being from southern ontario, like in general.
Brampton/GTA here
>>
>>15803
>made fun of by 'city folk' of course

Probably for being a dick
>>
are there any jobs like this (outdoorsy seasonal types) in the UK?
>>
>>15805
Yea, treeplanting for starters
>>
>>15803
>whats wrong with being from southern ontario
Everything.
>>
Can someone offer any contact info for employers in the US? All my searching only produces information for canada or its simple job summary stuff. I'm having a difficult time finding any solid leads. I would greatly appreciate any assistance.
>>
>>15757
Woah. You're right anon
>>
>>15804
I can't stand city folk, i'm 19 and went to that Vermont rainbow gathering to many hippies with condescending voices and analytical jabber about veganism. One dude who i thought who was a huge faggot was from nyc and san Francisco
>>
>>15803
DESIGNATED
>>
Stop washing your hair a week in advance. Nothing gets the mosquitoes going like the smell of shampoo. Also, you actually have to work REALLY hard to make any money. Most first-timers end up making less than minimum wage (if they don't drop out).
>>
>>15752
i did this for 6 years. every year we always lose 1/2 the crew because the bugs drive them batshiat insane. i'm talking crying for their momma nuts.
>>
>>15763
>I just realized right now that I don't know what an unwashed girl who's been hiking all day smells like. It can't be pretty.
A little bit of funk is honestly better than a cover scent.

You'll know you've picked a girl with complimentary genetics when you think her b.o. smells pretry good.
>>
>>15752
My Canadian maths teacher was a tree planter. He scared off a black bear.
>>
>>15752
I thought that was some kind of weird animal tongue.
>>
>>15786
>>15793
Hold up... 3600 / 3 * .08 ~ 95$ an hour? Are you seriously making that much? I'd go for that no matter what fucking conditions they are, as long as my life isn't threatened on a normal basis.
What am I missing here?
>>
>>15817

Yeah seriously that's a lot. Even at a third of the rate that's 31 an hour when your living expenses are a tent, etc.
>>
That's if you had ideal conditions, I have 3 seconds as time to physically bend down and plant the tree, there is lots of climbing, rocks and other things which prevent you from putting a tree right after the previous one. Realistically you will make nowhere near that. In ontario at least you're on land which can have more than 70% exposed granite you're crawling over logs, along and up ditch walls. Plus you're carrying what feels like 50 pounds of baby trees as you're doing it, soaking wet from rain and choking on blackflies and mosquitoes.

You will not make that kind of money unless you get really lucky, are super fit, and super hardcore all season long.
>>
>>15819 cont.

No matter what people say about it though, I recommend it whole heartedly. One of the best experiences of my life.

When does OP ship out?
>>
>>15769
Try smelling your own genitals before judging her
>>
>>15752

Did a quick googling and it seems that Canada allows tree planter even from the EU, can someone confirm?
>>
>>15821
Mine smell like milk and honey, with a hint of frankincense.
>>
>>15781
If you all arent virgins you atleast have never kept a girl around long enough to know what a pair of panties worn for just one day would look like.They usually go through several pairs and vaginal washed a day unless they are dry as fuck then you have a different problem maybe a gilf probly a trap.
>>
Work in Queensland forestry .Canada would be a good experience
>>
File: krokodil.jpg (37KB, 520x393px) Image search: [Google]
krokodil.jpg
37KB, 520x393px
>>15775
Clearly you haven't been near a vag since the day you fell out of one
>>
>>15825
What do you do for the forestry? I ride my dirt bike in the forestry around the glasshouse mountains, it's pretty fun.
>>
>>15753
Great advice, he wont physically recover and won't be able to shit. Perfecto
>>
>>15815
>My Canadian maths teacher was a tree planter. He scared off a black bear.
>He scared off a black bear.
>>
literally bring a pipe and about 5 pounds of tobacco
>>
>>15822
Yeah there's a seasonal work permit, very easy to get. YMMV with employers though, getting them to sign
>>
>>15781
You may be a virgin if all your hitting is fish instead of pussy. Shit's gross man.
>>
i was with a hippy vegan girl for the summer we swam in the ocean and ate coconuts all day and her pussy smelled like strawberries, so if your girl's junk is rank she is probably super unhealthy.
>>
get a us army surplus cot, or one like it.

sleeping on the ground directly sucks and will keep you from sleeping well enough.

get an e-tool and learn how to use it as a seat for taking a shit.

protein, lots and lots of protein.

and fat.

avoid carbs.
>>
>>15769
Oh my God.

Not even gonna abrivate that!!!

Wtf, dude? I eat puss on the rag and it ain't that bad!!

What kind of filth are you into?
>>
Anybody have suggestions for outdoors jobs while we're on the topic?
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.