[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help /out/ My city ordinances restrict me from using my new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: recurve bow.jpg (1MB, 1000x644px) Image search: [Google]
recurve bow.jpg
1MB, 1000x644px
Help /out/

My city ordinances restrict me from using my new bow (similar to pic related) anywhere in public.
I live in a shitty housing development where I don't have a big enough yard to do it safely at home.There are no archery ranges nearby that I don't have to pay for. I can't go out on my trails or in the park to shoot, so what can I do?

I need to shoot. It hurts
>>
>>997307
Go outside the city limits.
>>
It might help if we knew the general region you live in.
>>
>>997307
> similar to pic related

What is it with you retarded children that can't post oc on a mongolian bbq img bbs?
>>
>>997307
>so what can I do?
Sell it on craigslist. You obviously bought something you have no use for.
>>
File: doglet[1].jpg (107KB, 1000x732px) Image search: [Google]
doglet[1].jpg
107KB, 1000x732px
from the catalog thumbnail i thought that was a HUGE double ended Opinel

Top KeK
>>
>>997307
Why fuckin buy it then?
>>
>>997307
Try a dozen flu flu arrows indoors.
>>
>>997477
flu flu arrows?

I might just try rigging up some space in my garage. Might have to shoot from the street to get good range though..
>>
>>997307
>I bought a M198 howitzer for war reenactments and city regulations state that I can't fire it off in public.
>There's no place to shoot it at locally at all.

>>997467
This.

>>997664
They are short range arrows that help you not shoot someone downrange when shooting at aerial targets.
>>
>>997307
>>997664
Just look up an indoor archery range in your area.
>>
Shoot it in your house?

Make an arrow catcher and pin a target on it.

Phone books work; they're pretty small, though, so I guess you could get several and make them into a board (make sure there's no gaps that the arrows can pass through)

Stacked cardboard works well too; several inches thick
>>
File: yes.jpg (70KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
70KB, 1440x1080px
>>997307

Stealth archery how-to:

1) Hay bale diy archery target (very quiet to shoot into, can be explained away as mulch you never got around to using).
2) A tuned recurve, or better yet a longbow, with yarn string wraps and yarn silencers.
3) Glow in the dark duct tape: placed strategically on your bow riser, and just before the nocks on your arrows. Also to make a small glowing target.

Setup the hay bale to make some sort of shooting lane from inside your house. Surely you have a back door, a window, something you can shoot out of at night?

With an optimized setup, the most your neighbors will hear at night is an innocuous "thwap". Just charge up your glowing bow, arrows & target with a lightbulb. Your eyes will get sufficiently dark adapted within 10 minutes, and the glow tape will last for hours.

Nobody will suspect a thing.
>>
File: bIT.png (69KB, 600x466px) Image search: [Google]
bIT.png
69KB, 600x466px
>>1000669
>>
>>997307
Strike down your oppressors with arrows anon! Show them your might!
>>
>>997307
When there's a will theres a way. Im sure you can find a uninhabited area to shoot near you.
>>
File: haha.jpg (154KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
haha.jpg
154KB, 1920x1080px
>>1000845

Sadly, this is not bait. Pic is not me. I tried my first actual run with it last night. Thankfully I have a very understanding wife, for now.

Since your bow riser is closer to your eyes, you don't need as much glow tape as you'd think. It would also help to use the tape on a couple other surfaces, to give your brain more visual cues: your wrist or armguard, or spread out about the riser.

Using glow tape on the arrow shafts near the nock was another matter; it simply wasn't visible, since you're looking at the arrows end-on. There used to be nocks made from glow-in-the-dark plastic, but you can't find them anymore.

Lighted nocks, like Lumenoks or Nockturnals, would of course be perfect, but they start at $10 each, and take some figuring out. Lumenoks appear to be carbons only, no bushing. Nockturnals appear to work fine with aluminum shafts with bushings, yet the batteries are not officially replaceable without a little hacking. They also take a bit more effort to turn off.

It should go without saying, you should be doubly sure of your backstop and shooting form, else you'll be doing a bit of clandestine arrow retrieval, possibly from a neighbor's yard, car body, or unlucky pedestrian.
>>
>>1000669
That's funny. I moved to Alameda CA 20 years ago, and every night around midnight in the apartments next to mine I'd hear someone shooting an air pistol or air rifle just like this. It went on for months, and nobody ever seemed to notice.
>>
Minneapolis has lots of free public archery ranges, sorry your city doesn't. My local gun range has archery, but you might need to throw them a few bucks.

Leave the city, find a nice hilly field on some kind of public land and use a hill as a backstop.
>>
>>997307

Go to /k/ or the NRA.

Shall not be infringed.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.