[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody know a good documentary on John Muir and/or the history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: S0952-header.jpg (40KB, 600x250px) Image search: [Google]
S0952-header.jpg
40KB, 600x250px
Anybody know a good documentary on John Muir and/or the history of Yosemite?

I'm writing about it for my California history class. I've spent most of my life in that part of the Sierras but never really learned that much about Yosemite itself.

Google is being a PITA and keeps bombarding me with that climbing documentary and gopro footage of someone's vacation. I need historical stuff about the formation and early history of the park.
>>
>>996887
I am also interested
>>
Just read his books dude. Check out "The Wilderness World of John Muir" by Edwin Way Teale
>>
>>996887
>Bro do you even research
Kidding aside, though, are you also looking for information or just a documentary?
Off the top of my head, I think there is a series of Ken Burns documentaries that covers each of the National parks. I haven't watched them, but I think it would be a good one to try.

I don't know how intense this paper you're going to write is, but if you are looking for sources you can actually cite in your paper, you will probably want to look in more specialized places than just google searches.

Does your school give you access to online databases? That would be a good place to look. If your school has a library, usually there should be a link somewhere on their online catalog to a number of databases with scholarly articles on a wide range of topics. If you're lucky, you may have access to a video archive. Also, if your school doesn't have a library or doesn't have online database subscriptions, you should try your local public library, as they most likely will have some sort of access to research databases, but keep in mind, you will probably have to use their computers to access them. But a trip to the library is better than paying your own money for database subscriptions. And if all else fails, ask your librarian for help, and they should be happy to assist you.
>>
>>996887
bump for interest
>>
>>996887
Ken Burns The National Parks talks about it but there's also other parks in there. I think the first two episodes cover John Muir pretty well. It's on Amazon prime and is one of my favorite nature documentaries. Beautiful footage
>>
>>996958
Though each episode is like 2 hours btw
>>
File: Muir_and_Roosevelt_restored.jpg (775KB, 956x1146px) Image search: [Google]
Muir_and_Roosevelt_restored.jpg
775KB, 956x1146px
I have no idea how I missed this before, but here is a link to TONS of free ebooks about all things Yosemite. I feel like a kid in a candy store. A free candy store.

http://www.yosemite.ca.us/library/

I looked for the PBS one and couldn't find the full thing anywhere, only the preview.

I watched a BBC Scotland documentary about Muir (Last Explorers series) last night and it was pretty good. It was more about him than the park itself but it still had tons of relevant information. I'll try the Ken Burns one next if it's on Amazon.

I'm open to any forms of information, but after a long day of work and school, TV is the easiest thing to digest on weeknights, though now that I've found a bunch of ebooks I can put them on my phone and read in every little pocket of down time I get throughout the day.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.