[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When you're on a trail with your friends, how do you react

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

When you're on a trail with your friends, how do you react when you meet some loner hikers, do you like freak out they can stalk you or do some weird shit? Is it like normal thing to warn local rangers some creepy guy's wondering around?
>>
>>996319
Hiking by yourself doesnt make you a creep in anyway stop being such a pretentious ass
>>
>>996319
I think you may be retarded.
>>
I mean, people are not friendly when I run into them when I bring my rifle hiking in the National Forest to do some stealth plinking, but they're just East Coast anti-fun fags.
>>
>>996320
How about lots of creepy stories of tourists being stalked when they're camping, specially in the night time?
>>
>>996319
8/10
>>
>>996319
Not to be an /out/snob but as a former mountain rescue tech I would be laughing my ass off if I saw you three on the trail dressed like that. Really, jeans? Oh I'm going hiking today so I think I'll wear the most impractical shoes for the terrain.
>>
>>996319
Those fucking bitches aren't wearing proper footwear!

WHORES!!!!
>>
>>996321
it's not a matter of opinion it's a well established fact.
>>
>>996319
I always wonder whats going through the ultralight backpackers when I encounter them. I'm always by myself, and I wouldn't call myself intimidating. Just way more intimidating than ultralight fags.
>>
>>996319
no you gay asscunt. Most people hike alone, if you warned a ranger they would think you're a fucking idiot. Stay in the cities you stranger danger assfuck
>>
>>996331
probably a car not pictured within 100yds of where this mooning occured. callllmmmmm yourself my friend
>>
>>996331
I did my last two weeks alpine hike wearing my urban clothes, jeans, jacket, addidas Superstars, which were super durable on glaciers, snow, rocks, woods, all kinds of terrain, notebook backpack, really small one, and it was such an amazing experience to feel kinda at home by wearing the usual clothes while still being in pretty tough mountainous area.
>>
File: IMG_5779.jpg (135KB, 697x1240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5779.jpg
135KB, 697x1240px
>>996324
>8/10
>>
>>996332
Oh, and you are that kind of /out/ist who thinks if you go for a hike you need to be equiped like an astronaut, wearing some ''ultra hi tech 50000 boots'' weighing 3 pounds each?
Too much hatered towards women in your post, try to be less edgy, and you'll finaly loose you virginity.
>>
>>996319
it's sad out how many /out/istics actually fall for this low quality bait
>>
File: DCM012.jpg (299KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DCM012.jpg
299KB, 1024x768px
>>996358
Rage much? Raising awarness increases safety, if you encounter a bear walking on a trail you should warn people to be carefull, same is for the random ramblers.
>>
>>996455
So what you're saying is that solo hikers are as dangerous as a wild bear?
>>
>>996438
No just practically. I've had to pull dozens of these type off terrain they were poorly equipped for.
>>
most solo hikers are just suicidal people who want to be left alone.

why can't you respect someone's privacy? carry a gun with you if you feel unsafe in the middle of nowhere with nobody else around.
>>
File: tumblquotesnature798.jpg (16KB, 236x358px) Image search: [Google]
tumblquotesnature798.jpg
16KB, 236x358px
>>996461
I'm sure when you'll grow up you won't be asking stupid questions like that.
>>
>>996319
This thread is bad and you should feel bad.
>>
>>996323
This never happens. Wtf is wrong with you. You burgers are so paranoid.
>>
>>996490
>burgers
You obviously know nothing about true hiking, eurofag, you don't even have enough land in your country to hike longer than 200 miles. American trails last for thousands of miles and take you months to travel through, and lots, lots of weirdest shit is happening there all the time.
14:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyznXGXiSDk
>>
>>996508
fuck off its obvious you dont even go outside in your own god damn state stop filling this board with your socially retarded posts
>>
>>996517
You've just proved how stupid you actually are, I've been hiking all my life since childhood, probably much more than you ever will in your entire life. Stop filling this thread with your stupid hateful comments, have a nice day.
>>
>>996438

My hiking boots are lighter than my tennis shoes.
>>
>>996331
how does one become a mountain rescue tech (or generally a job on the mountain that isn't at a resort)?

I live in CO
>>
>>996449

I don't know, they look legal to me?

dibs on the far left btw >>dat ass
>>
>>996543
You gotta be retarded pos enough to harrass people when they're on their leizure
>I've had to pull dozens of these type off terrain they were poorly equipped for
>>
>>996319
> loner hikers
> loner
> plural of hiker
pick one

additionally, "This guy's out here doing what we're doing; what a wierdo."
>>
>>996474
I carry 3 guns and 2 knives on me AT ALL TIMES because you never know when you will run into a bear or a communist or an armed group of COMMUNIST BEARS.
>>
>>996474
>most solo hikers are just suicidal people who want to be left alone.
>suicidal
Jesus Christ /out/ wtf are you doing. I know that this is bait but anon pls.
>>
>>996560
your mom
>>
>mods deleting photos showing a bit of skin
just end this place already, you fucking faggots.
>>
>>996576
I was hoping they'd delete the whole thread.
>>
>>996474
This is even worse than just a lone hiker on the route.
>>996553
You miss the point. There's more potential danger from a person walking alone in the middle of nowhere doing a ''social type of activity'' all by himself, then from married couples(which are like 70% of all hikers) or groups of friends enjoying nature.
Thanks fo deleting op picture, hope you haven't been traumatized by it.
>>
File: out.jpg (153KB, 750x646px) Image search: [Google]
out.jpg
153KB, 750x646px
>>996560
>implying guns or knives can defend you from bear
>>
Most hikers I meet are friendly, solo or in group, and myself solo or in group. If you're not a nervous beta virgin around women they don't get creeped out by you.
>>
File: BEAR65_lo.jpg (18KB, 221x300px) Image search: [Google]
BEAR65_lo.jpg
18KB, 221x300px
>>996599
>>
Wat if it's a guy...with a dog?
>>
>>996700
Lab or pitbull?
>>
>>996704
Schnauzer with a tweaky eye.
>>
>>996706
Rabies tag?
>>
>>996712
No. Assless patent leather chaps.
>>
>>996713
S'okay if he's got a bandana around his neck.
>>
>>996718
Thought so. Just makin sure.
>>
>>996599

>implying guns and knives can't defend you from a bear

you're pretty stupid.
>>
>>996599

oh my.... I'm gonna need the uncensored version of this..... for... science.
>>
>>996727
thats what the OP was
>>
>>996730

well shit..... guess I missed it
>>
>>996449
Was a nice change from the daily dose of piscene beastiality.
>>
>>996738
Dunno. That mutt looks pretty sated.
>>
>>996722
Are you fucking serious dude? You really think you can kill an attaking bear with a gun/knife? You will miss your shots from fear, even being shot bear's still strong enough to chase you and kill you. Are dumb enough to carry an assault rifle on some PCT for months?
>>
>>996988

I carry a glock 40, chambered in 10mm auto with hard cast rounds pushing 730 foot lbs and a double stack mag with 13 rounds. Rapid fire, I hold an average group of 4 inches at 10 yards.

The bullets themselves are specifically designed by Buffalo Bore for bear defense, able to penetrate up to 4 feet of bone.

I can literally put 3 or 4 rounds in a bears head at 10-20 yards in under 3 seconds. 10mm pistols are more than enough for bear defense, although most people carry a 500 S&W revolver that can drop a bear with 1-3 shots.

Many people have successfully fended off a bear with nothing more than a .40 cal pistol, and some have manged to do so with a good sized knife. There have been several stories throughout history of pilgrims/trappers/woodsman defending killing black bears and grizzlies with nothing but a knife.

So yes, I'm serious. Knives can absolutely help to defend yourself against a bear, and pistols are so damn effective that there are many that HUNT BEAR with 10mm auto, 500 S&W, and .460.

>you will miss shots out of fear

This may come as a shock to you, but not everyone will totally freak out and lose control of their weapon in the face of fear. With practice a little bit of professional training, just about anyone can handle a charging bear with nothing more than a pistol/revolver chambered in the right cartridge.

Bears aren't end-all-be-all super monsters with psychics defying, bullet proof skin.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.