[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think will happen to the outdoors/nature areas in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: Question-mark.png (35KB, 749x946px) Image search: [Google]
Question-mark.png
35KB, 749x946px
What do you think will happen to the outdoors/nature areas in America in the next 10, 20, 50 years?
>>
>>995836
There will be less and less of it until it's all gone in a hundred years or so.
>>
It will remain the same.
>>
>>995836
If you look at it from population growth vs resources view. In 50 years the earths human population will be close to 10 billion. Right now we are at 7.5 billion. As we are already starting to feel the effects of the current population on the resources we will see a dramatic reduction in open spaces and an increase in agriculture. This isn't calculating for things like advances in medicine that prolong life or reduce infant death rates. One of two things will happen, we will either need to institute draconian controls or we make ourselves extinct.
>>
More orange peels, poop in geocaches and bears blinded by lasers.

Life's good, man!
>>
The USA is becoming too brown and too poor to care for the environment. It's an irreversible trend at this point that. The irony is that for 50 years the libs have exploited the environmental voters and simultaneously brought a flood of retards to the country. Look at China or Brazil if you want to see our future. Once it's gone it's gone, just like safe travel in Europe is now gone forever due to immigration. If there is anywhere you want to see or experience better do it soon
>>
>>997088
Okay /pol/
>>
>>997031
The latest calculations say we wont ever eve reach 10 billion .
In 20 years population will be contracting
>>
>>997108
Y?
>>
I think there will still be plenty of nature, people are more into outdoors stuff now than they were 10 years ago and I don't think that trend will change, but I have a feeling you'll see nature be groomed for human experiences rather than just left as wild. Shit like "Wilderness" resorts that people can instagram without fear of being eaten/killed/lost. With that there will probably be a higher ratio of privately owned land too, so enjoying nature for free might be more difficult. 10-50 years is a pretty short amount of time though so I doubt too much will change unless AI singularity happens.
>>
>>997095
Does the truth hurt your wittle feelings?
>>
File: CnSOQ0hW8AAPTSX[1].jpg (307KB, 1200x864px) Image search: [Google]
CnSOQ0hW8AAPTSX[1].jpg
307KB, 1200x864px
A really liberal friend of mine told me that Trump has created legislation to take a large portion of BLM and forest service area for business use. I don't pay attention of politics at all. Is there any truth to this?
>>
>>997157
http://www.businessinsider.com/congress-lays-groundwork-to-get-rid-of-federal-land-and-national-parks-2017-1
>>
>>997221
The first line:
>In the midst of highly publicized steps to dismantle insurance coverage for 32 million people and defund women’s healthcare facilities

I can tell this will be a fair and unbiased news article.
>>
>>997110
Google hans rosling
>>
>>997252
Sorry for the TED talk but this is the easiest fastest way to explain it
>>
>>997256
No, the fastest way to say it is:

Population numbers are naturally self-limiting in any given environment, but also increasing automation and wealth will make people less needed. Europe and Japan have been experiencing population decline for a while now, that's why a lot of the governments are pro-immigration to keep the welfare systems functional and to keep low-wage jobs filled.

But the effect will spread to the third world in due time, and then we'll see a very dramatic decline in population over a century, to the point where there probably won't be more than a billion people left, and will stabilize there. Until the machines take over.
>>
>>997229
That still doesn't change the facts.
>>
>>997462
"facts"

Ethnics in America are doing more harm to nature than Trump
>>
>>997157
Forest Service land was chartered for bussiness use from its inception. When lumber gets too expensive, they sell timber tracts cheaply. When lumber is cheap, they stop selling. Also, there is plenty of oil on the NFs, and they sell drilling leases liberally and cheaply when they want to drive oil prices down.

National Forests are the government's way of regulating global markets, while at the same time adding to the nation's general coffers. FS is part of the department of agriculture. Their motto is "Land of Many Uses". The conservancy of "wild spaces" is just a byproduct of bussiness.

Can't speak for BLM land. That's the department of interior's jurisdiction. I expect it's the same deal though.
>>
>>997470
BLM is the same deal. My sister and her husband work for the BLM. She does a lot of administration stuff dealing with land leases and commercial use permits and he's a hydrologist and works on a lot of reclamation projects.

Every time they issue a lease for mining or drilling, the lefties come around and protest. Every time they mark a chunk of land for reclamation or non-commercial, the righties come around and protest.

We joke that they must be doing something right because both sides hate them.
>>
As long as parks aren't sold for their land I think it'll be fine. Park quality goes down when urbanity develops closer to it. A lot of state forest aren't even near developed areas, maybe a small town and a highway but that's it.

I look at my state new Jersey and it gets pretty quiet even for a small and densely populated state. The parks and forest are fine here.

Fireprevention is going to be the biggest factor.
>>
>>997598
>fire prevention

thats my main concern
here in oregon, with all the recent federal landgrabs, they're basically adding millions of acres to the already ticking timebomb of forest fires.

on a side note, I don't expect it to be such a bad year for fires what with all the record snow and rain still coming down.
>>
>>997464
This is objectively true.
>>
>le trump and conservatives are gonna destroy nature and kill off all the natural parks meme
FUCK OFF
>>
>>997095
This isn't /pol/ this is truth. Drive through areas infested with shitskins and what do you see? Desecrated nature. All the nature does in these areas is suck up the retard's plastics that blow into them.
>>
>>997459
>that's why a lot of the governments are pro-immigration to keep the welfare systems functional and to keep low-wage jobs filled.
Go eat a dick faggot, most of those immigrants are dependent on welfare themselves and many are criminals who only add expenses. It has nothing to do with welfare or jobs, it has to do with importing people that will perpetuate the circle and continue voting for the same system that is eroding the west.

That and the goal of a truly (((globalized))) world where there are no borders nor cultural identity. A fully homogenized race of lesser individuals that will aim at nothing more than live as robots.

>inb4 muh conspiracy
>muh tinfoil hat
>>
https://www.npca.org/resources/3190-national-parks-affected-by-9b-rules
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/03/28/presidential-executive-order-promoting-energy-independence-and-economi-1

Really makes you think
>>
>>997095
The Haiti/Dominican border says it all
>>
>>997221
This is nonsense (for now). While the Republican party has often taken a stance that supports transferring federally owned land to the states, which often results in sale of the land for commercial use, Trump has so far gone on record against this and has spoken in favour of federal publicly owned land.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.