[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else on the road right now? >save up 10 grand >sold

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

Anyone else on the road right now?

>save up 10 grand
>sold all my shit
>packed a backpack full of stuff to comfortably live as a vagabond
>picked a country with a 1 year working holiday visa
>went there
>doing WWOOF'ing to stretch my budget

It's a very relaxed lifestyle. I get to meet so many cool people and see so much beautiful nature.

+1 Internets to anyone who guesses the country I went to. Pic related,
>>
This sounds awesome. What is WWOOf'ing? Also what country?
>>
Fuck you OP. I replied hardly a minute after and you don't even respond to me. Nigger
>>
>>995511
>>995514
Fucking chill I was taking a shit.

WWOOF'ing is like WorkAway. Check it out. http://wwoof.net/

And guess.
>>
I wannabe say kiwi land just cause its where I'd go, but your prob down in Chile cause it'd be cheap as shit, plus patagonia would be sweet
>>
>>995521
Nah, I'm somewhere in Asia.
>>
>>995510
I'd like to do something like that as soon as I leave the Army OP. Unfortunately I'm stuck until I'm 29/30 years old. Where in the world did you go? Any advice or tips? Anything interesting you can tell me.

Thanks.
>>
>>995546
best korea?
>>
>>995521
Kiwi land is amazing. I did what op does there and it was the best time of my life.

My guess is otaku country, thats why you need the 10 grand
>>
>>995551
Yeah, it's Japan. But the 10 grand can be stretched for years.

>>995549
Just do it. Don't think too much about it. Leave as little behind as possible. Pack as light as possible.
>>
>>995552
>Just do it. Don't think too much about it. Leave as little behind as possible. Pack as light as possible.

Yeah that's the plan. Pack a rucksack with camping gear and maybe a little ordinary clothing.

Do you find yourself camping much or are you always staying in hard accommodation? How do you travel - do you hitchhike? Do you meet many people?

God damn I really need to spread my wings a bit
>>
>>995555
>Do you find yourself camping much or are you always staying in hard accommodation?
So far only hard accommodation. But moving to the next place I'll be hitchhiking so I'll probably be camping out.
>How do you travel - do you hitchhike?
So far I've ridden the bus or simply walked. But I'm gonna start hitchhiking.
>Do you meet many people?
All day every day. And everyone is super helpful.
>>
>>995557
>Hitchhiking

Now I really want to know which country you are in. I haven't even considered doing this outside Europe or North America (or Australia I suppose)
>>
>>995559
I'm inna Japan. It's supposedly piss easy to hitchhike as a foreigner here.
>>
>>995549
Squidfag here, 2 more years till I'm released from chains of the USN so I feel you anon. I will be 26. I wanna use GI bill for a forestry degree or chemistry and thruhike between semesters but ive thought about just bumming full time for a couple years too. I have enough saved for either option. Until then I'm stuck pretending to clean and masterbating on a submarine 12 miles off coast of russia or shit posting while in port.
>>
>>995577
Sounds even worse than my situation f.am. At least I'm not stuck on a sub.

Wish I could go to university after the Army but I've already done that. Probably going to take a whole year out and travel and live wild, but may be tempted to look at the job market too.
>>
>>995510
Is this Japan anon? You not working on the farm no more?
>>
>>995510
You're the japan anon I bet. Good for you mate-
>>
>>995557
>i'm a le vagabond
>i only sleep in beds and use busses, camping is eww
>>
>>996705
>>996707
Ya it's me. I've ended up at an inn in Miyazaki, though heading to Oita in two weeks.

>>996875
Camping is top comfy m8 but I'm not gonna say no to a warm bed.
>>
>>996889

>WWOOF'ing

how does it work? what do you do most the time? do they give you food? haw do you access internet?

when one year passes, what next?

how old are you?

how was life back when you were in the rat race?

what do you suggest if gf isnt too keen on the lifestyle?
>>
>>996908
>how does it work?
You sign up for the website of the country you want to visit, usually for a symbolic fee. Then you fill out your profile and write out to hosts until you get accepted at a place. They want you to specify your arrival date and length of stay usually.
>what do you do most the time?
6 hours of work a day is standard. At the farm I did manual labor that was too difficult for the old people to do, and general maintenance. At the inn I do fuck all except for walk the dogs in the morning and help with the guests. We go fishing and shit when there's no guests.
>do they give you food?
3 solid meals a day.
>haw do you access internet?
Yeah, that's required for a host AFAIK.
>when one year passes, what next?
Australia. Or Canada. Or China. Or wherever.
>how old are you?
Turned 24 last Monday.
>how was life back when you were in the rat race?
Hellish. Hence why I left it. Luckily I had a job that allowed me to save up money rapidly.
>what do you suggest if gf isnt too keen on the lifestyle?
Convince her. Take her on a one month trip. If not possible, consider if you want to marry her. If not, break up and hit the road.
>>
>>996915

would you recommend it if i´m past 35 y/o and with a low paying job ?
>>
>>996917
Of course. I'd recommend it for anyone.

You don't even need 10 grand. I just went with that amount because I want to travel for 3 years at least.
>>
>>995510
i have 8 more weeks of working. then it's sweet freedom for 3 or 4 months.
>>
>>996963
Nice dude.

Where are you headed?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.