[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /out/, I used to live a pretty active lifestyle, desert

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Sup /out/,

I used to live a pretty active lifestyle, desert hikes, summited a few 14-ers, have decent camping skills.

Anyways, a few years back I joined the Navy, and I'm on my last year of my enlistment, when I'm done I plan on doing something big for my travel back home from Virginia to California.

Anyone ever hoof it East to West? How did you go about doing it? I've looked a little bit into the American Discovery trail but it doesn't quite go through many of the places I'd like to see.

What type of gear would I need for a cross-country excursion? I've been looking into Hyper-lite stuff made out of Cuben Fiber and a few other things.

Any help or advice from more experienced folks would be much appreciated.
>>
>>994574
>joined the navy
>contract is about to expire
>need to ask chan for advice on /out/
you're the token faggot everyone references when they shit on the navy
>>
>>994576
And you're a flaming faggot but we're both still here.

Regardless, have a good one.
>>
>>994574
jump off that mountain welfare queen.
>>
>>994574
I would recommend you look into biking your way back. The good hiking trails in the U.S. currently all run south->north though there is work being done on connecting those trails to make a loop. Either way you do it I would look into Z-packs stuff it's some of the best gear money can buy, it's also made in the U.S.A.
>>
>>994583
>learns a trade that will easily make me $30+ an hour after the navy as a starting wage

Sure do love muh welfare
>>
>>994574
>joins navy
>doesn't go to SERE school
kys faggot
>>
>>994588
Not everyone in the Navy is a SEAL bruh. I work on diesels on a big ass ship, they had no need to send me.
>>
>>994591
>gotta be combat to go to SERE school
did you misread?
are you that faggot everyone bitches about?
I bet you aren't even top rank on your work detail
>>
>>994594
I made E5 in 3 years and I'm the workcenter supervisor overall in charge of the maintenance of 2 engines each the size of an apartment, plus all of their auxiliary equipment, so I guess I'm doing something right.
>>
>>994597
sounds like /in/ middle management to me, way to be a self starter
>>
>>994599
For 3 years in, I'm ahead of the curve, regardless it doesn't matter since I'm getting out. After traveling the country for a while I've got a hook-up to be a diesel inspector for tugboats back in CA. My life is pretty good man, and there's really no amount of shit talking you can do to bring me down.
>>
Why the fuck is everyone being so hostile to this dude?

How long would this take someone? If the Appalachian trail takes 5-6 months this has gotta be Like a year right? Maybe more?
>>
>>994574
If you have money it's really no biggie. Just gear up and head out in a direction. Buy maps as you go and hop from town to town. Resupply yourself with enough to make it to the next stop. You can pick your destinations freely to see what you like and just stealth camp along the way.
>>
>>994925
>expressing surprise at neet losers tearing down someone successful
how new are you?

>>994574
>it doesn't quite go through many of the places I'd like to see.
you can make your own trail, but be ready for people to just think you're homeless
>What type of gear would I need for a cross-country excursion?
same as for an overnighter-shelter, sleep system, water purification, etc. just generally lighter since you'll be carrying it for 8+ months.
>>
>>994602
They're just jealous because they've accomplished nothing in their lives. Navy then itinerant diesel mechanic is exactly how Dick Proenneke got started.
>>
>>994583

Welfare fags are Marines and Army. Navy and chairforce can get you some pretty good training. On top of of that it looks better on resume, cause you're working a career that is more fighting with your mind, not going pew, pew, pew and ending up with ptsd like Army and Marine fags.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.