[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>missed out on cub scouts as a kid >never went into boy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1292884022001~01.png (13KB, 207x238px) Image search: [Google]
1292884022001~01.png
13KB, 207x238px
>missed out on cub scouts as a kid
>never went into boy scouts
>never got to be the eagle scout of a proud parent

Fuck, I'm only 20, is there any way to compensate for not joining the scouts as a kid or am I doomed to a life of disappointment.
>>
http://www.goarmy.com/locate-a-recruiter.html
>>
>>988693
>signing up for a life or death situation

C-Could I just go through basic and call it quits?
>>
>>988697
Could try reserves, you get to learn stuff and go on with normal life without dedicating a part of your life to service.

I know the Australian cadets go to 20 and reserves is mostly being /out/, first aid and how to defend the mainland.
>>
>>988690
>is there any way to compensate for not joining the scouts as a kid
There is. Join the Scouts as an adult leader.
>>
>>988966
Listen to this, OP. Most troops are practically begging for more adult leaders.
>>
>>988690
>How to compensate
Deride defame and defile battonyposters
>>
>>988690
Eagle scouts is definitely worth it. Lots of creeps do it, but a doctor I knew said that being an eagle scout garunteed a job in a high up position for another young doctor. Prolly gonna push my future anon to do it
>>
>>988690
venture scouts
>>
>>988697
Actually yeah. Kinda. There are private boot camps ran by vets. I saw it on tv.
>>
>>988776
National guard or something here in burgerland is samesame
>>
>>988690
I'm 37 and never joined those groups either. Didn't really have an interest in being outdoors until a few years ago. Boy was I in for a ride. I'm still not great with some things like emergency shelter building, but I'd like to think that I could make it happen if I needed to.
My main downfall is land nav and identifying trees and plants. I fucking suck at land nav and have considered taking a class for it. Too bad everyone I know in my city doesn't know shit about it or I'd have them teach me.

I hate to say it but do you know where I learned the basics? My backyard. From building fires to making snare traps. Obviously I'm not going to catch anything in my backyard but it is damn sure better than going out without ever trying it beforehand.
>>
>>988690
you can buy the scout books. they are all public (i keep one on my shitter). you may not get to say you are an eagle scout but you know that you are on the level.

if you can meet all the check lists for each level of scouting and details on how to earn each merit badge. there is really nothing stopping you from trying to meet all the requirements
>>
>>990087
same place you can learn how to fix a dishwasher, tie a tie, and who killed 2pac...

da youtube.
>>
>>990109
>>990087

dude i totally misread your post my b.
>>
you didn't miss much, the best thing was the cartoons in the magazine they sent you. But it probably got cooler I only stayed a little while. Now church camp was pretty cool.
>>
>>988690
>is there any way to compensate for not joining the scouts as a kid
You've come to the right place. Now start lurking
>>
>>988690
Come to Estonia and join the Defence Union. Lots of outdoorsy practice there. You'll even gain a military rank, if that's what you're into.
>>
you may be on the level, but are you even on the square?
>>
>>988690
You didn't miss out on shit as far as cub scouts goes.
Boy Scouts itself is a generally pretty good experience as a young teen.
They're basically overhauling the program right now because it is dying at an alarming rate.
>>
>>988690
venture scouts, you still have time
>>
Man same, I'm 23 and wish I had done it as a kid now. I get so jealous when I hear anyone is an eagle scout.
>>
>>988690
Just go out and do it. Shit I'm only one year older than you and I got into camping because of music festivals. Now I skip the festival and just go camping. Read some books, go out and practice your skills.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.