[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gonna be checking out a storm drain soon, what should I expect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 13

File: download.jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 259x194px
Gonna be checking out a storm drain soon, what should I expect and how do I prepare?
>>
A flood to occur and you to die.
>>
>>988556

Stay frosty and check those corners.
>>
>>988556
>what should I expect

Flash floods, hypodermic needles, gators and water moccasins.

>how do I prepare?

Life Insurance, Living Will, and someone who is willing to erase your private folder without looking at it.
>>
File: pennywise.jpg (40KB, 730x275px) Image search: [Google]
pennywise.jpg
40KB, 730x275px
>>988556
>>
Hey guise, get a load of O.P.
O.P doesn't know about CSO.
Enjoy your Hepatitis, O.P.
>>
File: Cso-ss0-524.jpg (29KB, 524x388px) Image search: [Google]
Cso-ss0-524.jpg
29KB, 524x388px
>>988610
>>
>>988556
Spooders, perhaps a mink, more spiders , various other creepy crawlies. If you're from the south I'd expect a poisonous snake, perhaps an alligator , and probably a million spiders. I went through one as a kid, maybe 15 years old. It was near my house, a creek ran through it, it was just big enough where I could crawl on my hands and knees. I was halfway through when I realized I was crawling through a massive entanglement of spider webs. I was covered in spiders, I feared they'd crawl into my throat, although they probably didn't like the situation just as much as me. 0/10, would not recommend.
>>
>>988556
I wanted to do the same thing last night OP. I showed up at the storm drain but it's been raining a lot lately and the snow is melty, it was a bit too wet ro risk it. I guess it's fairly harmless if you don't go far in it ?
>>
OP here
i went a pretty far distance into the drain to just check it out, there was almost no water at the time and definitely no flowing water. i used the light of my phone to see but the battery was getting low so i got out quick, but i want to go back and fully explore the drain.
>>
>>988646
Looks like a promising location, good luck lad. Did you see any signs of life in there ? Tags or animals ?
>>
>>988670
i saw some graffiti on the way in but it stops after a while, just concrete and silence. its actual pretty cool how quiet it is in there, and without the light you bring with you, you are in total darkness. i didn't see any animals or animal droppings, but ill probably bring a knife just in case, and a friend. im just a little paranoid because when you have the source of light, if there was someone in there up ahead, they would see you coming a mile away while you have no idea that your being watched.
>>
>>988673
Better safe than sorry. Might as well tell a 3rd friend that you guys are going in there. Getting lost is unlikely but you never know. Definitely a spooky kind of exploration though.
>>
>>988673
Make sure to leave a trail of bread crumbs
>>
I've heard people mention shit about H2S gas from rotting vegetation and shit. As long as you have airflow you should be fine.
>>
Four Biggest Concerns:

1. Asphyxiation -- depending on the type of drain system, there may be raw sewage in the tunnels. If that's the case, and there is a nook of some kind where sewage has pooled, the fumes may very well knock you out.

2. Rodents -- very likely there are rodents in the system. While they may simply flee, any bite from a rat that has been eating sewage is certainly going to cause an infection.

3. Methheads -- where there's free shelter, there's drug addicts. Maybe alive, maybe dead, who knows.

4. Getting Lost -- if you go deep enough into the maze, and lose your bearings, you have two options: continue to wander and hope to find a way out before you pass out and die, or conserve your energy, wait for it to rain and follow the flow of water, hoping that you don't drown and the water leads you to an open entrance and not a grated one.
>>
Bring flashlights, chalk to mark your way, some glow Sticks and a skateboard. /out/ is full of pussies, I explored the fuck out of storm drains as a kid.
>>
Spiders and turkroaches.
>>
used to explore them things all the time when i was like 7. Just bring a flashlight and enjoy
>>
>>988556

To be raped in the ass and mouth by meth addled vagrants
>>
>>988624
I had this experience, but I was on a lot of shrooms. I ran through hundreds of webs and didnt even notice it until I got outside and was covered in spiders and webs
>>
>>988902
you speak from experience i see
>>
>>988712
>bread crumbs
>not orange peels

Newfig
>>
>>989134
>Storm sewer
>Lost
Take a piss, follow the flow.
Or bring marbles.
Pipes slope downward toward the outlet, and will not decrease in diameter. Moving away from the outlet is uphill and pipes will not increased in diameter.
>>
>>988556
go do it and post greentext story. You will be rewarded by /out handsomely
>>
>>988601
>someone who is willing to erase your private folder without looking at it.

There has to be a market for this
>>
>>989511
Maybe you could have a personal locator beacon that acts like a dead man's switch. If your vitals go it signals your computer to wipe itself.
>>
>>988556
>iDubbbz

Make sure you have lights, waterproof clothing, knife, pry bar, tomahawk, mask and eye pro...you don't want that nasty water splashing in your face and getting a disease.

if you are bringing a gun, make sure you have electronic hearing muffs that cut out, other wise your going to burst your eardrums shooting in an enclosed "indoor" place. Maybe use a crossbow if you don't want a gun.

All kinds of nasty things can be found in the underhive. If you run into Genestealers or Genestealer cults, it's best to kill yourself instead of being captured.
>>
>>989511
Full-Disk-Encryption will accomplish this.
>>
>>989328
>>
>>988556
poogas and doodywater
>>
Lots of spiders.
>>
>>989328
Will do. I'm heading out tomorrow
I'll be sure to take some pictures
>>
>>990026
Depending on where you live just beware of junkies I went into a storm drain with my fiend a few years back and ran into some dudes doing heroin and crying it was super creepy but they were so fucked up they couldn't hurt us and we left
>>
I talked to people who ware working in sewers once.
They told me, they always have (regulations) a guy on surface with radio, and they make sure they are in radio or voice contact, why?
Because even if it's sunny where you stand, there might be raining few kilometers away, and that water might go through where you are, flood you and kill you.
Guy on surface is to watch out for that & warn you early.
>>
>>988738
>wait for it to rain
And drown.
That is literally the most idiotic advice I have seen in a while.
>>
in the ole confined space regulation, they said never do that. you could hit a pocket of who knows what. pass out/die.
>>
When I was little I remember hearing about a highschool kid getting lost and eventually dying in a tunnel system.

I'm up for pretty much anything, but I will not explore underground unless I can feel a strong breeze at the portal and have a coil of sting tied to the opening.

OP, go buy one or two rolls of cheap bank line. It will save your life.
>>
File: in the pipe.jpg (6KB, 185x188px) Image search: [Google]
in the pipe.jpg
6KB, 185x188px
>>988558
5 by 5
>>
File: Pennywise-Clwon.png (38KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
Pennywise-Clwon.png
38KB, 350x200px
>>988556
you are welcome into my sewers OP. Welcome indeed.
>>
>>988718
anything deeper than 4 feet underground holds the possibility of trapped heavy gasses which will basically instantly kill you if you are by yourself.

if its some shitty road side pipe and you can feel the air blowing through then you will probably be ok.
>>
>>988646
Bring a torch you dumb fuck.
>>
>>989008
I had this exact same experience. Lost in the woods on shrooms, had to run through webs to get back on trail to camp. It only took one sentence for me to find the willpower to charge through them:

>Spiders? Psh, I am the spider.

Then I got covered in spiders.
>>
Keep a look out for peaches and pickles.
>>
>>988646
Be careful broski and bring at least two torchlampflashes and plenty of drining water. Also read everything you can about this. Cave Clan has the best resources I've found, especially "Predator's Guide to Draining". It's fucking mandotory reading before you get into this. You don't even know what you don't know!
>>
>>988556
When I was homeless and it was dry I would camp out in these systems for days at a time. Once you went about 100 yards in there was a big opening that would be pretty spacious and dry during the summer. When I was chilling in there some kids crawled right past me while I was huddled up in a corner. I was so terrified of scaring the ever loving shit out of them and scarring them for life so I stayed totally still and got the fuck out of there once they passed me.
>>
>>988556

Penny Wise the clown> He'll be fagging while he's waiting
>>
File: Tsutsumi.png (2MB, 1667x1667px) Image search: [Google]
Tsutsumi.png
2MB, 1667x1667px
>>989672
>>
>>989539
but I don't wear blue jeans
>>
>>988556
Some storm drains lead deep and far into the ground. I've been inside one with little rooms way off from the intrance. By a room i mean maybe a tiny concrete room with little benches jutting out from the wall. If you're inner city you might find a crackhead or a deranged homeless person. Possibly even a dead hobo. If you are in the "country" or a more rural area you will find either absolutely nothing or very spooky satanic ritual stuff. Bring a flashlight,water,knife,batteries, and a skateboard or longboard. You will get tired of crawling if it is a very tiny drain so the board is convenient to roll on. I also highly suggest bringing a friend.
>>
>>989669
For a little while.
>>
File: life in the storm drain.jpg (165KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
life in the storm drain.jpg
165KB, 1280x720px
> highschool
> friends want to go to football game
> have to pay to get in to game
> Football doesn't interest me, don't wanna pay
> Hear legend of storm drain leading to inside football stadium
> Sounds like a hoot
> go into storm drain and crouch walk for 15 min
> legends are true, snuck into game for free
> immediately leave to go play in storm drain some more
> hang out in storm drain for the rest of my highschool days
> hang out in storm drain with friends during lunch and eat cheetos
> become known as the rat king
>>
Is urban exploration /out/?
>>
>>995343
yeah totes
>>
>>988556
Water.. dead hobo... Batman villains
>>
>>988556
you'll be fine. get some knee high water boots and a dust mask.. also plastic gloves and long sleeves

and a flashlight

dont expect anything and be pleasantly surprised
>>
File: 33333333.png (2MB, 1800x4000px) Image search: [Google]
33333333.png
2MB, 1800x4000px
>>988888
>WOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
>>992973
As someone who did a lot of urbexing and dumbfuckery as a kid (and some as an adult as well) I find this post deeply unsettling.
>>
>>989539
>>
>>988556
I would expect to find Tim Curry
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.