[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to be living off grid, in a Travel Trailer, for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

I'm going to be living off grid, in a Travel Trailer, for about 6 months.

The thing that is really going to kill me is showers. I love 'em. I feel grimy waking up, and hate being dirty.
I measured it out, and the shortest shower I can take would fill a 2 gallon bucket.

What are some tips on quick showers? Is there a special soap that cleans well but takes no time at all to rinse off? Like would hand sanitizer clean better and be quicker to rinse off?
Half of my water usage is just rinsing out the soap.

note: i'm poor as fuck and pic is unrelated.
>>
Use baby wipes to clean your body, then go into the shower to wash your hair.
>>
>>987177
BAYWARD pls go
>>
>>987177
In the service we had to take sea showers. You quickly wet yourself, turn the water off, lather on soap and shampoo, then turn the water back on, rinse quickly, and done.

Use lava soap bars, available at any Walmart for a few cents, they are gritty and will easily scrub away grime.
>>
>>987177
You can't go to a truck stop and take a shower?
>>
File: luckoftheirish.jpg (13KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
luckoftheirish.jpg
13KB, 260x194px
>>987261
lava good shit, we use to use it at this auto place I worked at. I usually just use Irish spring though.
>>
>>987273
i guess just find a creek our a free shower. truck stop. you don't get real dirty just driving around. our wipes. sleep cool, so you don't wake up a ball of sweat.
>>
>>987276
our you could get a water tank and just fill it when you can, and wash your hair scrub up a little in your shorts, our naked if you feel adventurous.
>>
totally doable, creek rivers everywhere with a place to park for fishers.
>>
that waters gonna be so cold, i do not envy you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG0wQRsXLi4&t=3s
>>
>2 gallon bucket

Get a two gallon garden sprayer, fill it with water and leave it in the sun.

Ta da! Warm shower.
>>
>>987206
you can also clean your hair with baby wipes

OP, all you need to do is visit a washroom and use their paper towels to degrease your head. There's also dry shampoo you can buy which will kill the grease without requiring water.

Learn to love your new, shiny, head
>>
Set up a rain collector and a shower bag.
>>
File: 1436274561475.gif (3MB, 309x225px) Image search: [Google]
1436274561475.gif
3MB, 309x225px
i don't even shower on the grid
>>
>>987357
>fap
>don't wash hand
>shake somebody you hate's hand
small victories
>>
File: bathroom.jpg (71KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
bathroom.jpg
71KB, 640x425px
>>987270

Generally the point of a shower is to become clean...
>>
>>987451
I take it you've never been to a decent truck stop...
>>
>>987273

tom bombadil ain't a paddy
>>
>>987177

Shower like the nips. Sit on a chair with a bucket of soapy water and a loofa. Soap and scrub then rinse with the soapy water and finish rinse with clean water from a solar shower bag.
>>
File: 20160701_174942-picsay.jpg (675KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20160701_174942-picsay.jpg
675KB, 2048x1536px
I have an RV.

Off grid for 6 months? So I'm taking it no water or electric hookups? Not sure what you'll do about heat then, travel trailers are usually not very well insukayed, especially if you're living in an older or cheaper one.

A typical travel trailer water tank is 40 gallons. If you take a 2 gallon shower a day, you're not going to last very long. Remember the shower needs power to operate too. You're going to need a generator as well.

Just skip showers a d use baby wipes if you can. If you do shower you just turn the water on to get wet, then turn it off. Lather yourself up, then turn on the water and rinse off.

Why not just park the travel trailer at a campground ? You'll have water and sewer hookups, and be set.
>>
>>987177
>I'm going to be living off grid, in a Travel Trailer, for about 6 months.
So you're going to working on a pot farm.

>What are some tips on quick showers?
Two 5Gal buckets, washcloth. One bucket is for washing, the other is for rinsing, after you're clean, wash your clothes, do your dishes, then dump the wash bucket, rinse bucket becomes new wash bucket, old wash bucket gets clean water and becomes rinse bucket. You can get by with about 1Gal/day for as long as you need.

You can also dig a big hole, line it with a tarp, cover the bottom with stones, and heat up rocks in the fire that you set on the liner-stones for a hot bath.

Camp showers are also pretty great, but require solar heating and have limited capacity.

Here's a possible solution: Pick up a big roll of 1/4 inch black plastic tubing, coil it into a big disk on some plyboard, top with a thin sheet of plexiglass, attach one end to the bottom of a 5Gal bucket and the other end to a valved sprayer head.
>>
>>987492
>decent
>truck stop

Pick one.
>>
>>987754
Sorry
Some of them are pretty nice
>>
File: consider.png (153KB, 509x385px) Image search: [Google]
consider.png
153KB, 509x385px
>>987177

If you stop using shampoo for ~2 weeks and wash only using water, the natural oil your scalp normally secretes called sebum (which is what makes animal fur soft and shiny though they don't use shampoo) will regenerate. Shampoo washes it away and makes you dependent on buying more shampoo to achieve what sebum does naturally.

The only downside is that those 2 weeks are miserable, as your hair will get really stiff and gross until your sebum levels are back to normal.
>>
>>987827
I havent used shampoo in about 2 years, just dig my fingers into my scalp under warm water. I get compliments on how soft and nice my hair is all the time. It only works with shorter hair though, you just look greasy and unclean if its longer then 1.5 inches or so
>>
>>987949
Nopoo is a thing yes
>>
Just get a towel and a small wash basin, soap up the towel and scrub yourself as normal.
Then rinse the soap out of the towel with water, and use the damp towel to remove the soap off your body.

Then dry yourself.
Not complicated

You can get a 12v immersion heater that can boil a cup of water in a minute so you don't have to worry about cold water either.
>>
>>987177
You could clean yourself with a cloth, and then shower in a closed system. You get clean and enjoy a shower.
Plus it's a finite volume of water, so it makes the grey water meme actually viable.
>>
>>987815
This
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.