[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How far out of my city would I have to walk before I find wildlife?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 1473575461783.jpg (1MB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1473575461783.jpg
1MB, 724x1024px
How far out of my city would I have to walk before I find wildlife? I don't have any money/food and I thought maybe I could try hunting.
How much trouble would I get in if I set traps in a park?
>>
4 minutes
>>
Depends on where you live. Trapping is illegal in most areas and unless you plan on eating squirrels and stray cats then it's not advisable. If you are one of the psychotic people who like torturing animals as a precursor to being a serial killer then get help now.
>>
>>985874
>unless you plan on eating squirrels
What's wrong with squirrel?
>>
File: WzA9Xr5.jpg (19KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
WzA9Xr5.jpg
19KB, 600x315px
sorry about the squirrels richard bones
>>
Can you go dumpster diving at donut or bagel shops and restaurants? Homeless threads here and on /adv always mention that. Also some churches and pantries give away food. Fwiw people have hunted for dinner for centuries, so you can do it too. Squirrels are very edible meat. So good luck anon.

P.S.
My father hunted when he was in the Army in WW2 in North Africa. They had very little food. They used a jeep and a Tommy gun. True story.
>>
>>985875
Nothing. As a survival food. I tend to not eat rodents if I don't have to.
>>
>>985864
It would honestly be easier, cheaper and more productive to wash dishes for $5 an hour for 4 hours a week than try and hunt wildlife, you dirty weeb.

Depending on the park, your country and the traps; you could face jail time or heafty fines, or you could just get a warning. Definitely not worth the risk.
>>
>>985864
>How far out of my city would I have to walk before I find wildlife?
That is extremely dependent on the city. In my city, there is wildlife all through the suburbs. Driving around at night there are animals everywhere.
>>
>>985892
>It would honestly be easier, cheaper and more productive to wash dishes for $5 an hour for 4 hours a week than try and hunt wildlife, you dirty weeb.
I'm contractually obligated to not seek other employment/income
>>
File: Dammit.jpg (59KB, 400x581px) Image search: [Google]
Dammit.jpg
59KB, 400x581px
>>985864
>try hunting.
No... You need to be proficient at it before you rely on it for food acquisition.
>>985875
Park squirrels are likely to be garbage-fed, which really gives the meat an off flavor. Considering how gamey they already taste, it's just not advisable.

It's also worth mentioning that there's a ton of edible plants that grow in cities, but again, the potential for chemical and biological contamination is probably not worth the risk. A mile or so outside of populated areas, you could pick berries, catch fish and hunt rabbit all day and do pretty good; I know I have.

>>985864
If you're that hard up for food, get foodstamps and hit up foodbanks. Bakery and pizza dumpsters frequently have semi-fresh food in them if you hit them at the right time of day, and grocers will toss huge amounts of stuff that's still good, anything in cans or dry boxes it definitely fine.
>>
>>985864
>>977843
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.