[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm planning a trip around the USA because I fell for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: olympicpark.jpg (689KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
olympicpark.jpg
689KB, 1600x1200px
So I'm planning a trip around the USA because I fell for the "road trips are fun" meme and it's too late to back out. We'll be doing a rough circuit, starting in CNY.

I'm planning to hit the Black Hills, the obligatory Yellowstone, Salmon-Challis and Sawtooth, Mt. Rainier Park, Olympic Park, Six Rivers and Klamath, Redwood Park, Stanislaus Forest, Sierra Forest, Los Padres, the also obligatory Grand Canyon, and Rio Grande. Considering Nantahala if we have time. Any other beauties I'm unaware of? Preferably with plenty of trails
>>
>>985819
>road trips are fun meme

American road trips are fucking phenomenal. I go on as many road trips as I possibly can at all times, they never get old.

>black hills

Mah nigga. Hike to the top of Harney Peak. It's a gorgeous hike. Go to Badlands too

>Grand Canyon

Nah just go to northern New Mexico instead. Way better.
>>
>>985831
Grand Canyon is worth it if you have never been there before

Los Padres is not worth it, especially since it is cut off now
>>
>>985831
I'm taking this trip with a friend from Northern Ireland and he very much wants to see Grand Canyon, so we're going even though I already have. It's one of the only places he knows in the US other than New York, LA, and Vegas. I'm hoping to talk him out of going to Vegas because I can't afford that shit and it's a pretty awful place, like all cities, though Vegas to my recollection is seedier, dirtier, and less interesting than most. If we miss that we should be able to spend some time in New Mexico. Is Carson National Forest the place you're referring to? Anywhere specific in mind?
>>
>CNY
nigga what?

also, how long, and when?
>>
>>985838
OK, Los Padres gets the nix.

>>985843
Central New York, where I unfortunately live. Five weeks starting in the middle of June, probably the twentieth.
>>
i highly recommend kaaterskill falls, hike ALL THE WAY UP ONTO THE TOP WATERFALL. yes its illegal. no they dont inforce it. yes its dangerous. yes its worth it.
>>
File: el cap winter.jpg (1MB, 1286x1714px) Image search: [Google]
el cap winter.jpg
1MB, 1286x1714px
>>985855
copy. better west coast itinerary:
>orcas island in puget sound, wa
>mt. st. helens, wa
>lava river cave, or
>crater lake n.p., or
>kayaking in monterey, ca
>yosemite n.p., ca
>120 through tuolumne to 395s, ca
assuming 120 is open by the time you get there (even at 200% snow is should be)
>grand canyon n.p., az
>petrified forest n.p., az
>carlsbad caverns n.p., nm
get an "america the beautiful" pass, and if you want to camp any of those places book it now. yeah, they'll be shitty crowded, but they're all still fucking phenomenal, and 20 minutes of hiking in any one will get you peace and quite. i've been to yosemite probably 30 times in the last 5 years and it STILL blows me away. pic related: it's been a month and i'm dying to get back.
>>
>>985819
>Mt. Rainier Park, Olympic Park

If you are in Washington, don't miss out on North Cascades National Park like everyone else. Its fucking gorgeous, and is one of the least visited national parks in the country. Mainly because access is difficult. There are no roads in the park itself. The park is split by the Ross Lake National Recreational Area and the North Cascades Highway. You have to hike in from there, or go to Chelan and take a ferry up Lake Chelan to Stehekin, the only lodge in the park.

At the very least take the North Cascades Highway and do the "Cascade Loop" drive.
>>
>>985839
I went to New Mexico a long time ago and I've forgotten a lot of the places I hit up. Check out :
>Bisti-De-Nazin Badlands
>Continental Divide Trail
>Diablo Canyon
>Maybe tent rocks if it's on the way for you

We went hiking in both mountain ranges on both sides of Santa Fe. I don't remember the trail names though, look up different trails in those mountain ranges. I've heard Carson National Forest is pretty sick too. New Mexico has a certain vibe to it that you don't get from other places in the USA. It's called The Land of Enchantment for a reason.

I also hear Canyonlands in Utah is pretty GOAT
>>
>>985819
>National parks
I'm so sorry. I highly recommend bailing on your group and using the time off to do literally any other type of tour. Parks are nothing but RVers, trash piles, feral animals that eat said trash piles and crying children.
>>
Definitely go to Badlands, you're going to drive right past it anyways. Slight detour through Wyoming, and you can see Devil's Tower as well. Really really worth it if you're into native religion/ history and giant surreal landscape
>>
>>986030
Oh and Custer National Forest in Montana is great too. There are cheap cabins for rent, miles from any civilization
>>
>>985819
PCH
C
H
>>
>>985938
ignore this sour contrarian faggot who has clearly never gone any further /out/ in a national park than the paved ada accessible loop trail around the parking lot.
>>
>>985819
>Six Rivers and Klamath, Redwood Park
Redwood park is fine, you should cruise through the avenue of the giants. Tbh I can't even think of anything in klamath other than a bridge with golden bears on it, but the redwoods are good for outsiders.
>>
>>986086
He's right. I hike to remote lakes so I don't have to deal with RVers.
>>
>>986097
>>985819

> Six Rivers

HNNNG Ok so Trinity county is 3200 square miles of no stoplights, subalpine holyland. The cliffs on HW 299 look like fucking Mordor in some places. Have fun anon, enjoy Jefferson while you're here!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.