[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /out/ haven't really ever been around this board much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Zerohat.jpg (22KB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
Zerohat.jpg
22KB, 360x203px
Hey /out/ haven't really ever been around this board much but was wondering if any of you have photos or tips for living off the land in the forest going to be going out on my own for an undetermined time, anything helps thanks a lot.

Pic not related
>>
Info on my area: In Canada so plenty of tree's and coverage from weather and lots of resources to build shelter with, low rate of predators but any form of shelter built above ground would be most appreciated as it seems like a cool idea although don't know how plausible it is as I said pretty new here
>>
Check out primitive technology on YouTube, it's got everything you need to know in order to to barely function in the outdoors
>>
>>984815
Lurk more
Don't start threads on boards until after you lurk
>>
>>985102
Except food
>>
Well if you want a standard yurt while staing warm during the harsh winter you will need. Alot of logs and an axe. With said axe you cut the logs into your prefered langth most likely to be proportional to how big your yurt will be. After you've cut up the wood to your specified length you will need to align, as many as'd you'de like, side by side into a suqare or rectangular shape. Subsequently you'de need to stack one thicker log perpendicular to the other logs you put next to each other. Then stack a similar group of thinner logs ontop of the thicker log. Both side of the logs at the very top need to touch both the thick log and the log at the very bottom. Now remeber to put the acute angles face to the camp and the angled logs to the wind. Now get your kindalling and light it. Then gather as much flamable material and put it under the very top logs. Take your kindaling that is burning and put it under said materials. Then let it burn. Take turns at both day and night to add logs. If you're by yourself then at nigh make sure to just piel more logs on the top. Noe your yurt will be nice and warm. Take a sip of hot milk with vodka to reward yourselves or self.
>>
Watch alaskan bush people if you want to know what your life will be like
>>
I would suggest building your shelter before you move in. Spend a few months going back and forth mainly for food from outside. You won't be able to do much agriculture until you have a shelter set up.
>>
>>984815
>living off the land in the forest
All the productive land in temperate regions has already been cleared for agriculture, so not really viable unless you strike gold (and you'll still have to go to town to sell it).
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.