[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The cheapest I can find an SRK for is £124 in VG-1, I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11

File: cold-steel-38ckj1-srk-jm-large.jpg (68KB, 711x800px) Image search: [Google]
cold-steel-38ckj1-srk-jm-large.jpg
68KB, 711x800px
The cheapest I can find an SRK for is £124 in VG-1, I don't want to pay that much for something I wont get much use out of.

What do you recommend as a good all rounder with a blade length of 6 inches, Wont rust easy, and holds an edge well for less than £100
>>
>>983876

Mora
>>
File: sog_m37_main_1_2.png (155KB, 780x320px) Image search: [Google]
sog_m37_main_1_2.png
155KB, 780x320px
SOG Seal Pup
>>
File: SOG.jpg (164KB, 1192x875px) Image search: [Google]
SOG.jpg
164KB, 1192x875px
>>983884
The Kydex sheath it comes with alone is
GOAT, all the metal screws and bolts holding it together are rusted to shit due to sitting in water in my boat yet the blade is completely unaffected by it.
>>
glock field knife

about 29 nicker

I had one for using around my farm, and it held up very well.

78 model is plain back, 81 model is sawback iirc
>>
Have you considered buying them second hand? Sure,might be harder to find a good one but the prices are steal
>>
>>983894
Thats a terrible knife.
>>
>>983884
>>983889
Will it be able to handle batoning?
>>
>>983898
Do you own one, or are you just talking bollocks?
>>
>>983909
Not according to the batonny chop autist.
>>
>>983876
You have to bin that knife to be quite honest with you senpai.
>>
>>983916
I don't own one...because its a terrible knife.

Its a good bayonet, and a decent pry-bar. But knives are for cutting.
>>
>>983876
Why would you want the VG-1 one when they make it in CPM-3v, a far superior all around steel for the same price on Amazon? I don't see the point in not spending an extra $25 on something that will last a life time.

https://www.amazon.com/Cold-Steel-Fixed-6-Inch-Blade/dp/B019RSX4IA

If you don't mind a bit shorter blade (4 1/2) there is also the Cold Steel Master Hunter in 3v for like $90.

Ontario makes a lot of knives in the sub $100 range that are pretty good, like the RAT line. And of course the Kabar Becker line is really good, the BK7 and BK10 maybe your best option.

How cheap you want to go? That's the real question? If you want really cheap and still robust, look at Schrade.

>>983884
>>983889
People still honestly like SOG? They are almost full mall ninja now a days. And even if they are quality, which for the money I don't think so, they are targeted at the Tacticool crowd big time.
>>
File: o shit.png (2MB, 800x1813px) Image search: [Google]
o shit.png
2MB, 800x1813px
>>983876
>spending £100 just to bin it

Shameful.

Jokes aside, just get yourself a stainless Mora Companion and a good hatchet/axe. This is probably the best course of action here.

If you /must/ have a big knife, you should forget about your stainless requirement. Good stainless steels will run the price up. Just get a high carbon steel knife and oil it up.

You can also meet in the middle with D2 steel. D2 isn't a true stainless steel, but it has a lot of Chromium in its composition so it's not going to rust as quickly as 1095 and the like.

Cold Steel sells the Leatherneck in D2 for around $70 USD. Real Steel also sells a bushcraft knife for around $60 USD, although it's a smaller blade (4" or 10.16cm cutting edge).

Finally, maybe check out Steel Will. They use a lot of stainless stuff, and even have D2 and Bohler K110 (D2 equivalent I think) knives.
>>
>>983883
second. try the bushcraft black model
>>
>>984513
You wrote all that for nothing buddy. People in knife threads don't listen to reason.
They just want validation.
>>
>>983876
Opnel
>>
>>984428
What is there not to like? I abuse mine by stabbing carp in the head and whittling spears when /out/ and it's fine, shit it's even a decent throwing knife.
>>
File: DRUID_250_BIG_01.jpg (34KB, 1232x290px) Image search: [Google]
DRUID_250_BIG_01.jpg
34KB, 1232x290px
>>984428
£ not $, Even a cheap knife like >>983884 is around a similar price
>>984513
I've managed to find this for a price I'm willing to pay
https://www.knivesandtools.co.uk/en/pt/-steel-will-druid-250-fixed-knife.htm
>>
File: In a log 1.jpg (2MB, 3264x2268px) Image search: [Google]
In a log 1.jpg
2MB, 3264x2268px
>>984743
Oh my mistake, I completely missed that. I know a lot of popular knives, ones from the American market in particular, can be very expensive over there.

I have no particular experience with Steel Will.. Personally I think the steel choice is a bit underwhelming given the price, but once again, not familiar with your market.
>>
File: 35843586b8ba962841.jpg (55KB, 585x900px) Image search: [Google]
35843586b8ba962841.jpg
55KB, 585x900px
Jääkäripuukko from varusteleka.
>>
File: IMG_2501.jpg (3MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2501.jpg
3MB, 4608x3456px
>>983876

Save money and buy a Fällkniven A1
>>
>>984513
This guy gets it.
>>
>>983898
>relatively cheap
>almost indestructible
>applicable in self defense
it's okay i don't like it either but it's not that bad for a beginner.
>>
>>984513
>just get yourself a stainless Mora Companion and a good hatchet/axe
this!
mora c and fiskers x7 costs about 20 bucks between them.
>>
>>985308

It's a shit knife, it cuts like shit, sharpens like shit and is expensive for what it is.

It's terrible for a "beginner" because it's a shit knife.
>>
>>983876

Can't you get an AUS-8 version for a lot less?

That'll do you just fine
>>
>>985347
Would if I could fucking find it, Do you know how hard it is to even buy good quality set of kitchen knives in the UK?
>>
>>985364

Becker BK2
Mora Garberg
Mora Bushcraft
Mora Companion (buy 2 of them)
Condor Bushcraft
the various Schrade Bushcraft things

They'll be decent subs, and I'm sure you'd be able to find one of them.
>>
>>985376

O, and if instead of a Bushcraft knife you want a combat/utility type deal, just go with a full sized KA-BAR combat/utility; cheapish and more than strong enough to baton through some wood (just don't beat on the clip point).
>>
File: Jarozs Turok.jpg (185KB, 700x374px) Image search: [Google]
Jarozs Turok.jpg
185KB, 700x374px
Schrade knives are the best quality for the money in my opinion. They have several full tang field knives under 35$. Kabar has a few knives in the Becker and Jarozs line that are nice, those will run 60-100$.
>>
>>985312
it's neither of those, maybe you don't know how to sharpen a knife? my only issue is with the abysmal grip and sheath.
>>
>>985376
Becker BK2 >£120
Mora Garberg >£90
Mora Bushcraft >£35
Mora Companion (buy 2 of them) >£10
Condor Bushcraft >£60

I might just do what one poster suggested and buy an axe and a mora.

Anyone have any experience with Wetterlings?
http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/sa-wetterlings-hunters-hatchet-2108-p.asp
>>
>>985544
>axe and a mora

Mora Bushcrafts have the nicest grip around (for me anyway), and the flat spine to get a spark off. The grind is great for most things and easy enough to sharpen.

That plus a hatchet (a hardware store brand hatchet for cheap is more than good enough for splitting up wood), would do you for everything /out/.
>>
>>985129
any experience with them they certainly look sexy

>>983894
looks like a china kampfmesser 3000 clone but also a lot cheaper
>>
>>985403
The SCHF42 and 42D are the only Schrade knives I would look at.

They seem to be in this mindset that every knife needs to be 1/4" thick. They also like to slap hollow grinds on all of those giant bricks to compensate.

The 42 and 42D are 3/16" thick with a full flat grind. I think they are much more reasonable compared to the rest of Schrade's catalog.
>>
>>985560
By far the best knife for the money, it blew the knife community's mind.
60 bucks for this thing and a sheath of this quality is a joke, even Condor can compete at this level.
>>
>>985364

>kitchen knives

>>985376

>becker
>mora
>condor

son, did you get choked out one too many times?
>>
buy cheap knife learn to use it well instead of buy expensive knife and use it like a bludgeoning tool.
>>
>>985978
calm down son, and show me on the doll where the cheap knife touched you!
>>
>>985364
U.S. Customs audits 1% of incoming packages under one kilogram. What's the statistic for the U.K.? You can always find someone to send you what you want, if you're willing to pay upfront. Befriend an Americunt.
>>
>>985983
I have a cheap one, it's marked as stainless steel Japan, I'm having a lot of trouble sharpening it on a when stone, It just about cuts an inch into paper.
>>
>>985978
>son, did you get choked out one too many times?

They're all great knives, you faggot.
>>
>>983876
Just get a mora and stop being such a shithead.
>>
>>984423

>I dont own one.
Fuck off then.
>>
>>986895
Relax, Princess.
>>
>>984423
>knives are for cutting
typical Mora fag response,
Knives are all purpose tools
>>
>>987214
bullshit, i choose to go with the mora as my out knife and i think it's a great choice all things considered. i also shill a lot for moras as the best to buy when you don't know what to buy for your first knife.

but that guy is just a fucking moron. you can do a hell of a lot with your knife. you really should carry a hatchet at the minimum if you plan on processing wood of course but moras are fine and can take hell of a beating. the glock can take more of course.

i also like combat knives a lot. but they are a curious compromise between weapon and utility that is usually not a good one for a hiker. perfectly sensible for a soldier tho.
>>
>>987214
>Knives are all purpose tools

Most are for slicing and stabbing. That's what a knife is.

Some have pommels that you can hammer with (KA-BAR fighter/utility for example), some have wire cutters, some have saw backs, some have little Rambo kits.

But a knife itself, is always to cut/slice and stab above all. You can give it a pommel to hammer shit, but it's not going to hammer as good as a proper hammer.
>>
>>987511
i take it you never hammered nails in with a knife before. and no you don't need a pommel for that.
the most important thing about a knife is the other tools you can craft with it.
>>
>>983884
serrations, in the trash it goes.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.