[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

apart from /ourguy/ ted, what are some other based /out/ heroes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

File: ted.jpg (18KB, 220x265px) Image search: [Google]
ted.jpg
18KB, 220x265px
apart from /ourguy/ ted, what are some other based /out/ heroes?
>>
Lenny Pepperbottom
>>
>>981004
Ted is probably more /pol/ than out. But the older i get the more agree with his manifesto. Not the bombing people part, but the technology stealing our humanity part.
>>
Sorry i know im a noob but who is ted
>>
>>981007
That's pretty neat!
>>981013
guy with a really high IQ at a young age that taught in harvard moved out to the woods, when roads started being built and the forests were fallen he started bombing people.

His manifesto is great to read: http://editions-hache.com/essais/pdf/kaczynski2.pdf
>>
is this the guy who blew up mail boxes across the US? when I was a lad I dad said he was trying to make the shape of a smiley face on the map of the US by blowing up mail boxes.

I read he was part of some sketchy research test as a student at Harvard. Anyone know what they did to him? look at his butthole? torture?
>>
>>>979702
North Pond Hermit
>>
>>981057
Mk Ultra
>>
>>981057
Not sure, but from what I know he was a math genius
He was exceptional at mathematics but then just lost the plot
>>
>>981022
And so...He liked idea of life, but he got bummed out by it, and wanted to and wanted to bring everybody's down with him? Find better heros, guys. Or if you can't find a good one, then kys, not others.
>>
>>981284
If you have an active facebook you are the problem. Read up lil' nigga. Uncle ted wrote a manifesto.
>>
>>981291
People are lucky enough that their only problems are in their heads. Get some zoloft man.
>>
>>981301
>People are lucky enough that their only problems are in their heads.

Not to whom you replied but I disagree with this.

If the western man is driven to suicide while the African man perseveres - the African man must have the better life.
Actually since they're a different race a better comparison would be comparing the western man to his ancestors. Same race but inferior medicine, less wealth, more toil etc.
>>
>>981313
Race is a social construct mang
>>
>>981355
>bait
On what basis
>>
>>981004
Heroes are for children and plebs
>>
>>981004

Ted did nothing wrong
>>
File: mt.jpg (29KB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
mt.jpg
29KB, 460x259px
Mad Trapper
>>
Asked Trumptard friend if he remembered the unabomber
>you mean that leftwing environmental nut who mailed people pipe bombs
>leftwing
>left

He straight up argued with me for 10 mins that Ted was a leftist. Lol
>>
>>981522
Trump got alot of disentirested people into politics. The down side of that is that they are fucking stupid. Sort of like hope and change obongo.

I was spouting ted thoughts even before i read his manifesto. Back when myspace was big. And now we can see it happening right before our eyes.

How many phone numbers do you know? I don't remember any except old girlfriends landlines from the 90s. Thats just an obvious relatable example.
>>
>>981410
Biology you mongoloid, human variation exists but it is more local than you think. Lumping spaniards and hungarians into the "white race" has no basis in biology and can only be done on the basis of shared culture, hence we say it is a cultural construct. Google the term "cline" for more info
>>
>>981702
>biology proves there are no races
>biologist anthropologists can determine race based on bone growth
>>
>deleting posts because the usage of ((()))
Damn son how far has /out/ fell?
>>
>>981709
Its going the way of /ck/
Too many mods.
Its killing this board and the entire internet really.
>>
>>981283
>but then just lost the plot
More like found it.

Shame about the murder, especially since those guys he killed weren't really his enemies.
>>
>>981004
>/ourguy/ ted
> /out/ heroes
I don't think so autist. you'd best be moving along back to /pol/.
>>
>>981004
read this dudes manifesto on night shift. none of his ideology explicitly wrong. For anyone who doesnt know or care to read the whole thing he say that post industrial society will eventually collapse. He also says there is little to nothing to be done to reverse industrialization. His general thesis is that modern man is frustrated, depressed, and unsatisfied because he doesnt have to work or struggle to survive, ie food, shelter and comfort are autonomous in post industrial societies. He says that hobbies or the pursuit of anything that isnt in direct support of one's life are surrogates for natural survival efforts. The claim is that this substitution for artificial goals, like working towards a promotion, is the key flaw in society, and that this comes from living in a world of technology and development where food shelter are easy to come by. he suggests that reverting to primitive life, while decreasing life expectancies and population, will ultimately lead to an idealized human existence where people are happy. He chose to kill people to raise awareness to his ideas that would otherwise never reach a major audience. (Not written in the essay, but I learned elsewhere that he used bomb threats to force NYT and Washington post to publish his work.)
Its a decent read DESU.

I see a couple solutions to his problem: do as he suggests and provide for yourself as much as you can with minimal technology in attempts to fulfill your primal urge to survive. Even on a smaller scale I dont think growing a garden and working on your home and enjoying the outdoors would hurt. The other option is to maintain the status quo living as you had with the knowledge that there is nothing you can do to fix broken society, but its eventual collapse will resolve the issue of man. Ultimately you can just kys too i guess
>>
>>981063
this reminds me of a story from my local paper a few years back.
kinda a cool read desu
http://tribunist.com/news/creepy-cabin-found-hidden-in-public-woods-once-it-was-discovered-things-got-really-mysterious/
>>
>>982931
His ideas are neither new nor original. These views have been a part of human philosophy since we made the leap from hunter-gathering to neolithic agriculture. Ted is just a man who believes his sense of morality is superior to the prevailing morality. He had the intelligence to see a better way, but he was cut by the razor's edge between enlightenment and madness.
>>
>>981512
Pretty incredible guy, but kind of a dick though.
>>981522
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 257x196px
>>983052
This, Ted's manifesto is neither revolutionary nor insightful to anyone who's bothered to read about history past high school.

People have been railing against civilization since the day after civilization was created, consequently there are much better writings on the subject than the ramblings of a physicist in a shack in the woods.
>>
>>984187
Actually it was quite insightful. While there have been several criticisms of technology, none have connected it as broadly to day to day live as TK did.
>>
>>984187
>>984243
I agree, it is pretty concise, being only about 50 pages or so long. Its does a good job not only criticizing post industrial society, but also countering common modern political arguments from both the left and the right.
>>
I wonder who owns the rights to that paper? Did he release the copyright? Because I'm pretty sure people have sold books with his complete text included.

Those newspapers published the text originally, so maybe they get the joint credit. I doubt they would deffend it in court. Ted probably wanted it to be free, but what if another crazy guy did the same but with a novel or song or something? You know a failed writer who couldn't hack it in Hollywood so they go nuts in a cabin in the mountains killing people.

>Manson did write songs, but what if he forced tv news to play them? If someone decided to make a recording and sell it in stores?
>>
>>984643
Technically speaking he owns the copyright and has since he wrote it. News outlets and educational sources can generally reproduce work under fair use laws, especially if the author provided it to them, but Ted could dispute any use of it without his permission in court (if Ted were interested in such endeavors).

That is, of course, within the US. International intellectual property disputes are a lot more complicated.
>>
>>981301
>Only problems are in their heads
>"My world is so small that I only understand my problems"

I hope you have real problems some day, anon. You deserve them
>>
>>981355
Sickle cells
Different reaction to same drugs
Different intelligence.
Different look and body structure.
Different natural habitat.
Also race doesn't mean species in humans, we're the same species since we produce viable offspring. Even between each "race" you have a lot of differences between "tribes". We're only able to adapt to different environents (like afrikaners in africa, or blacks in america) because high adaptiveness is a universal human trait and because survival is shifted from physical threats to social threats.
>>
>>981661
I know all my close friends number, and also some more distant friends numbers. (family goes without saying).
It's not the technology that corrupts us, it is us ourselves. It is not that the technology takes sociality and empathy away, but that we choose to get rid of it with technology. I believe it is just a symptom of moral apathy and the degradation of morals and close bonds
>>
>>986715

Inb4 all races have the same inteligence and muh racist scientistsi.
>>
>>984187
The purpose of a manifesto is not to break new ground, but to clearly communicate existing ideas. In other writings, he has acknowledged his debt to Jaques Ellul and other thinkers.
>>
>>986905
Amanifestois a published verbal declaration of the intentions, motives, or views of the issuer, be it an individual, group, political party or government.

What if everyone with an IQ over 130 killed people to promote their personal morality? Better world?
>>
>>981355
>>981702
>>986715
>>986808
its okay to call a border collie the smartest breed of canine and a greyhound the fasted but socially irresponsible to think of humans in terms of breed or race, even though race exists. look at abbos. no way you can seriously look at them and say they have the same intellectual potential as a full blooded swede or Bavarian or Japanese person. And last i checked every guy in the Olympic 100m final was black... not all humans are equal, but its really not such a bad thing
>>
>>986917
Personal morality is the only morality.
>>
>>986921
Not a bad thing, indeed. Racial divisions only serve any given race at any given time. Ideological divisions are what it's really all about.

We all have learned to associate Ideology with race due to our situational fortunes or misfortunes. Biological differences only serve to increase the diversity, and thereby, survivability of the human race.
>>
>>986922
Then live by it, and die by it. Forget everyone else on your journey to (You).
>>
>>986922
True. That doesn't make it a good thing.
>>
>>986933
You live by your own personal morality as well, whether or not you admit it. Morality is, by its nature, personal. The only way to depersonalize it is to make up a god, or to take things, somewhat arbitrarily, as givens. Even then, people cheat and lapse back into their personal morality.
>>
>>986936
By what standard are we evaluating good?
>>
>>986937
Your belief in the mere existence of any morality, renders you it's pawn when you act act according to it. You know the right way, whether you're whore to duality or not.
>>
>>986939
As a situation in which highest number of possible realities are realized.
>>
Linkola
>>
File: IMG_0080.jpg (176KB, 583x792px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0080.jpg
176KB, 583x792px
>>981010
He wasn't the first man to make that connection, pic related and JRR Tolkien both realized that technological advancement could do more harm than good.
>>
>>981010
This
My wife looks at me like I'm crazy when I talk about Ted but he was right about the technology part.
>>
>>981057
Topkek. Buddy almost went to orison for this. Coos found the mailbox 40 feet away ina tree
>>
>>988732
>>988748
Linkola and Spengler definitely. Linkola is less known because of being as un-PC as it gets, but worth the read.

John Zerzan published a compilation of anti-civ/anti-tech texts that included snippets by Ellul, Kaczynski, Spengler and many others. Really interesting read, even if some authors included are questionable or downright cringey. Book's called Against Civilization, if anyone's interested.
>>
>>981057
http://www.foxnews.com/story/2002/05/09/mailbox-bomber-was-making-smiley-face.html

nah ur thinking of some other deranged white guy. Ted wasnt as mindless as smiley guy
>>
>>982931

>primitive lifestyle leads to greater happiness

I lived as a subsistence farmer for some time. It wasn't any more or less fulfilling than any kind of other work that exists. In fact, it was fantastically worse in many many ways in comparison to life in industrial society.

I really don't understand where the anti technology meme comes from.

>be a primitive savage. wake up and work long hours everyday for sustenance
>be member of industrial society. wake up and work long hours everday for sustenance, but also a shitload of luxuries, life expectancy, and etc.

tl'dr teddy is full of shit and going back into the stone age isn't going to solve any of your problems.
>>
R A Y
M E A R S
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.