[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /out/stralians, Everyone as excited for winter as me? Can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 21

File: view-1.jpg (205KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
view-1.jpg
205KB, 960x720px
Sup /out/stralians,

Everyone as excited for winter as me? Can finally go /out/ without dying from heat exhaustion/getting blown away from a cyclone.

Share any plans coming up.

I'm thinking of hitting Moggill State Forest and crossing a few features until I'm out of sight. Have the dog with me so hard to find any good camping spots that allows animals and isn't some bogan fest where you can't go 5 meters without seeing a Bundy rum sticker and 50 other side by side tents.
>>
>>978977
Victorian /out/ist reporting in

>Share any plans coming up.

1) After easter going to my holiday shack up near Mansfield with my gf.
2) In a few weeks, I'm heading into the high country of Victoria to go deer hunting with my brother.
3) And then hopefully going to organise a camp trip with a few mates.

So excited that the 40c days and snakes have fucked off now
>>
>>979006
We've had about 2 weeks of constant rain. Its beating down again. Gonna get some storms this week from the cyclone up north. Been loving the rain, shit loads of mushrooms growing. Hopefully be sipping magic tea this weekend whilst planning a tick/snake/mosquito free get away.
>>
>>979010
I really want to get into mushroom foraging. Not really interested in psychedelics.
Do you know any good resources for foraging in Australia?

We've had rain on and off for the last few days here in Melbourne. Tomorrow is going to be our last warm day before the temperature starts floating between 17 and 22
>>
>>979017
I wouldn't have a clue desu. I fucking hate musrhooms as it is. I remember coming across a website that showed different mushrooms in straya and what they could be used for, if anything.
>>
>>979033
>all good
I've just found wildfood.in
Seems decent desu, but not exactly what I'm after
I hope you enjoy your comfy rain the next few days
>>
>>978977
Gonna hit up the Tasmanian Central highlands. Head to a hut with a decent heater and enjoy the lack of sneks.
>>
>>979084
Tell me about /out/ism in Tasmania.
Is it as great as we've all heard?
>>
>>979203
Because it's small there's crazy variations. You can, in two hours driving, go through rolling fields, thick bushland, tundra and rainforest. Central Highlands looks like Scottish moors and there are some really homey huts there.
>>
>>978977
Bitchcunt, bushwalking in the heat is the best... for about 15 minutes
And you can't do much or quickly
It does mean that the snowies are pretty noice

Also looking forward to less bugs and blacks out
>>
>>979946
>no mozzies
aaaaaaaawww yiss cunt

>>979944
that sounds awesome
I would absolutely love to live in Tasmania. Only issue is that there's not much work, and I would miss summer on the mainland.
>>
>>979997
Tell me about it, i'm bitten now just for sleeping naked

Summer is still nice in tassie btw. No cooked stuff but not wintery
>>
>>980159
Let me reiterate since i'd just woken up for work and wasn't thinking well

As the other anon said, tassie does have a lot of variations. However, in many places you would have a summer that consists of many t-shirt days.

Some areas are very prone to stormy weather and etc shit. Some towns have rain for 350 days a year. It all depends on the area.
Focus on the work bit though, that's why I wouldn't move to tassie.
>>
Planning on doing a working holiday in Australia for the year (I'm from the UK). Got any recommendations of places I should check out while I'm there? I'm staying in Sydney initially and want to stay in Melbourne at some point but I'm still in the planning stages.

What can I learn about camping/walking in Australia before I come over? Would rather not die from heat stroke/crocodiles/spiders/snakes etc
>>
File: IMG_20160723_153350.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160723_153350.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
Tasmanian here. Gonna do Mt Anne in SW Tasmania as soon as first snowfall hits.

Planning on an Eddystone Point spearfishing trip in NE Tas next weekend if the swell isn't too fucked. Possibly shoot some wallabies for the BBQ the night before.

Pic related. View of base of Mt Anne from last winter
>>
>>979997
Holiday in Tassie. Living here is crap. The mines are dying, the forestry is being regulated out of existence and we don't make boots anymore.

Also, the Hazards and Wineglass Bay are totally worth checking out, provided Wineglass isn't full of yachtcunts.
>>
>>980188
Fuck off we're full

Seriously we have enough of you cunts

And you're all obnoxious cunts, especially when you want to buy a cheap wagon
"wot do ya meen its no' manuwall?"
"is the mot paid"
"what do yumean theres no mot"
>>
File: tmp_32458-DSC_0042_21712327422.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_32458-DSC_0042_21712327422.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
I love living in tassie. This is about a 5 minute drive then a 20 minute walk
>>
File: tmp_32458-DSC_0032_21687738074.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_32458-DSC_0032_21687738074.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
Bay of fires
>>
File: tmp_32458-DSC_00732077147514.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_32458-DSC_00732077147514.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
Wine glass bay
>>
File: tmp_32458-DSC_0005_121293734095.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_32458-DSC_0005_121293734095.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Off the back of bruny Island
>>
>>982198
Which falls is that? I get the feeling i've been there.
>>
File: tmp_32458-DSC_0033_2740854909.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_32458-DSC_0033_2740854909.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
>>982203
Snug falls
>>
>>980172
I fucking love rain
>>
SA fag here. I'd like to hike the Heysen but getting time off work could be a problem. Trail doesn't open til after the fire danger season (April 30).
So instead I'm thinking of going with my brother to Gluepot Reserve for a wee bit of birdwatching in the second week of the school holidays, if the roads are passable. Then camp for a few days in River Murray national park in the Riverland. Hopefully catch more than just carp.
Other than that just fishin, bushwalking, and mountain biking on my days off. Hoping to get into surf fishing, don't have a lot of experience, and catch some salmon down Waitpinga Beach maybe.
Pic is a waterhole in the northern Adelaide hills where I saw a small herd of deer (dunno what kind).
>>979006
I'd love to get into hunting, even just bunny shooting. Trouble is I know few people with land and too sperg to ask random farmers or whatever. Jelly of your access to deer.
>>980472
Went to Tas first time last year loved it. But yeah the industry and mining's fucked. I heard some greenie cunt on the radio saying how 'future of tasmania is in tourism and environmental image' (this guy was some boomer with a grudge against his dad who's into restoring the pink sands of lake Pedder). How do these people even get away with this shit. Like every Tassie is gonna become a barefoot rustic with an organic kale farm/melaleuca distillery and open up a B&B to cater to the hordes of chink tourists who will spend big bucks? get real fuckwits.
Gotta say the Forestry and Hydro still seems to be pretty strong in Tas, albeit the recent 'drought'.
>>980987
Butthurt used Holden salesman detected. Poms are alright, most of them. Sure they'll whinge but just give 'em shit, say well if you don't like it just move back to your paki-ridden dreary island. They'll either lighten up, toughen up, or ship out. At least they're not chinks or curries.
Enlighten me as to this 'mot' please.
>>
File: billabong.jpg (136KB, 896x671px) Image search: [Google]
billabong.jpg
136KB, 896x671px
>>982260
forgot pic
>>
>>982202
If I saw this, I probably would've tied the anchor around my ankle and drowned myself because there's no way I'm going to see something more beautiful in the rest of my life
>>
>>982260
Hydro will never die. some of those dams are getting on a century old.
>>
>>980172
Provided one could secure yourself a job prior to moving to Tassie, why would moving there be bad?
>>
>>982729
It wouldn't. Place is pretty, it's mostly wilderness and national parks, and you never have to go far from home for an /out/ adventure. I grew up here but i have to leave.
>>
>>982260
MOT is pom rego
And really I just hate the cunts because their accents are shit, even seppos are better
>>
>>982729
Depends on what type of cunt you are.
If you have a job and gf secured then theres no reason to not move there unless you're the type that wants good nightlife and shit like that.

Also pick the right town to live in, some are shabbed up beyond belief
>>
I want to do a multi day hike somewhere but I'm not sure where. I was considering somewhere in tas but not sure.

I would go and do a great walk in the south island of nz but I don't want to go in the middle of winter by myself. Does anyone have any ideas on where would be good?
>>
>>982797
Yeah dude, the ice epidemic is terrible in some places.
>>
>>982823
>>982797
Funny cause the job I'm going for is the cops.

>you're the type that wants good nightlife and shit like that.
I don't care for this. I'd rather a good beer garden over a good dancefloor. I'd rather go camping, hunting, hiking or do whatever other /out/ shit really
>>
>>982881
Well just remember to not be a cunt because theres a lot of weirdos and a lot of forest out there
Also I think I saw 1 cop car in my 2 week holiday there so better not go for HWP (but that'd make you a cunt anyway so)
>>
>>980188
Fuck off we’re full
>>
>>982201
nice.
how many 50 shades of sharks swim in that bay though?
>>
>>980987
>>983292
>complaining about British immigrants meanwhile opening their arms to somali and chink fucks
kek, australians truly are a stupid bunch.
>>
I'm in Brisbane and would love a buddy to go hiking with. I'm too scared to do it on my own - although snake season is almost done.
>>
>>983378
I did a couple of hikes on my own last year.
One out at Mount Greville and also Mount Flinders

Flinders was decent challenge best done in cooler weather.

The Greville was slightly easier, a better walk and still really good views
>>
>>983378
post an email and we can talk, I'm also looking for a hiking buddy in brisbane.
>>
>>983451
>>983400
My kik is melslammer.
>>
Of pure curiosity, how many tasfags are on here? There's me, the anon near snug, and a buncha dudes who wanna come here.
>>
>>983503
/out/stralian telegram/kik group when?
>>982797
I've heard that recently Tasmania has become pretty pozzed due to Hipsters moving in and wanting an organic life. Is it true? Is it only pozzed in parts of Hobart?
>>
>>983537
You're the one telling the story, get it going!
>>
>>983545
What will you lads prefer? Telegram or Kik?
>>
>>983537
Hipsters don't like living in total poverty so they don't come to the real parts of Tassie without guaranteed work. Hobart and Launceston have their hipster populations but if you head into the smaller, or larger towns you will not see many folks dressed like cunts.
>>
>>983547
Kik duh
>>
>>983553
Fair enough
I'm glad to hear they haven't infested everywhere
I'm currently on a train heading home from uni (I live in Melbourne). I've had my daily dose of hipster exposure already.

>>983554
I've made the group and added you in

To those who want to join, drop your username here or just search #australianoutists on kik and it'll take you to our group
>>
File: 1336930786970.png (11KB, 214x201px) Image search: [Google]
1336930786970.png
11KB, 214x201px
>>983503
>>983561
>kik
jesus why, of all the good ways to communicate you choose fucking KIK
>>
>>983653
You had the chance to chime in!
>>
File: old hydro station waratah.png (2MB, 1022x744px) Image search: [Google]
old hydro station waratah.png
2MB, 1022x744px
>>982704
>Hydro will never die
True. Some of those old dams, the history and engineering that went into it, especially back in the day when it was built by hard yakka in tough conditions, remote locations is amazing. back when Tas was still a place for tough cunts only.
Not sure if it's you or that other Tasfag, but thanks for those pics.
>>982796
Yeh some of them like the Scousers and other Northern accents really whiny, ending in an upward inflection, know wha' 'ah mean? Still it's not just the accents, surely. It's the whole chip-on-shoulder combination of meanness and entitlement that exemplifies the worst of the lower middle-class. There's a reason they're called whinging Poms.
>>982798
You usually don't have to go very far. Sure if it's spectacular scenery you're after you might, but there's usually plenty of trails locally. Here in SA there's the Heysen Trail, which covers a varied terrain, the Mawson trail, the Kidman trail, the lavender Federation Trail, and others. I've only done one multi-day hike- the Heysen Trail starting at Cape Jervis for 3 days. Beautiful scenery, rugged coastline, bush, beaches, farmland.
>>
>>983653
Don't be a bitch, join
>>
Looking forward to winter lads, tailor season is coming up and I'm gonna start chasing (and catching) jewies on plastics. The floods have fucked the water here in SEQ but I've got a theory my local creek will still hold a fair amount of fish due to its topography. I'll check it with a halometer one of these days
>>
>>983790
>hydro will never die
tell that to the shannon rise
>>
File: DSCF1739.jpg (3MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1739.jpg
3MB, 4608x3456px
Now that the heat's fucked off for a bit, once I get my new gear I want to fartass around in the Barringtons and Watagans.

Good trails up here too, should be a fun trip for you Sydney/Hunter anons.
>>
>>982797
Where's the most Christian, non ice places?

I'm about to be a teacher and want to live in a small town/rural setting.
>>
>>982202
looks cgi
>>
>>982798
Where are you based?
If Victoria, Wilsons Prom is a fucking cracker, as long as you dont mind hordes of other people. But if you go on a chilly weekend there should be far less people there. Its southern most point of the mainland though, so it can get seriously nippy.
Another great area to do Multi-day hikes is the high country in general. Up over Mt Bogong and onto Falls Creek or Mt Hotham is a good one.
>>
>>986017
Ice is as prevalent as weed in the rural communities, but the ice fiends keep to themselves in the rural communities. Just stay out of the local and you'll be fine.
>>
>>986518
Why can't rural communities be wholesome places without fucking ice fiends ruining shit?
>>
>>986545
Because the real estate and rent is cheap. There are families in my hometown that have literally made enough money from breeding to buy two houses.
>>
>>979084
lmfao plenty of snakes in there

>>979203
yes. its fucking glorious
>>
considering taking up rogaining or doing some bushcrafting or some stuff. recently taken up fishing. Any Victorian lads know any fieldbooks that park rangers use for identifying plants and animals and stuff around me
>>
>>986017
koorumburra
>>
>>984178
What is the name of the local creek you are planning to go fish?

Gold Coast fag here.
>>
File: IMG_1727.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1727.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>982198
This is what I get North of Sydney/Central Coast area, if you go inland about 20-30 clicks.
>>
>>979017
there are some nice facebook groups for this kind of stuff, you can ask real people with experience. the fields guides i've found are either low in pictures or too brief. personally i've learned slowly by photographing every new mushroom i come across and scouring online resources when i get home.
>>
>>982198
I used to go here a lot with my grandparents as a kid, really nice spot.

I used to live down the road a bit on Kingston beach.
>>
File: IMG_20170226_104430.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170226_104430.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
Purlingbrook falls, about 30 minute drive from Gold Coast.
>>
4 day weekend coming up. What is everyone doing?

Campsites are always overcrowded and it always rains over Easter.
>>
>>980285
fuck that's nice
>>
What are some aussie /out/ approved youtubers?
>>
>>988384
>I walked 15 minutes along a concrete path so I'm /out/
The only thing I hate more than tourists in the hinterland are people form the local cities
>>
>>987922
I'm on the Goldy too, there's only five saltwater creeks here in the city and three are fed from the mountains. Take a guess at which ones aren't and you'll work it out
>>
>>983790
>the whole chip-on-shoulder combination of meanness and entitlement that exemplifies the worst of the lower middle-class.

Can confirm. Just finished a contract teaching in Essex. Whiny, entitled, loud and instantly aggressive the second something doesn't go their way.

There are some good poms though. It's a class thing.
>>
>>986579
>Victorian lads know any fieldbooks that park rangers use for identifying plants and animals and stuff around me

I second this motion
I'd love to get my hands on some fieldguides. I saw one for aquatic life for the Geelong area.
I'm considering checking the state library in Melbourne, surely they have some.
>>
>>992019
Is it Loaders Creek? I live pretty close to that creek.
>>
File: received_148918642306094.jpg (146KB, 1136x639px) Image search: [Google]
received_148918642306094.jpg
146KB, 1136x639px
You cunts getting /out/ this weekend?

Met up with 2 fellow anons in SA to make the most of the long weekend.
>>
>>982260
Riverland anon here mate, national park will be full as shit round easter good luck finding a camping spot. Pretty sure you have to book a spot online now too. Best spot for fishing in the park is the stony weir, flick hardbody lures along the rocks and you'll get Callop and Silver Perch.
>>
>>992978
I was but then I remembered it's easter and unless I had pitched up a tent a week ago there's literally no spot left that isn't full of city cunts. Absolutely useless taking the boat out too because every fuckhead with a speedboat and a stereo system is out in force for the next 3 days. Shit even the lake down the road is absolutely packed with tourists and it's a shit place to camp, sand, no firewood and only carp in the lake unless you fish a certain spot from a boat.
>>
>>992720
It's the other one, further north. Loders fishes well though, doesn't seem to get as much pressure as the rest of the broadwater and Nerang river.
>>
>>993052
You know somebody is a true /out/doorsman when they absolutely hate the holiday season and all the idiots that come with it.

I found a nice secluded bit of riverbank on the Gold Coast to chill out and chase late season mangrove jacks today and some dickhead with his ugly wife an three kids decided to set up right next to me when there was deadset 50m of riverbank further up from me with no one on it at all. Almost got into a blue with the cunt but he fucked off once him and his wife knew I meant business and wasn't just talking shit.

Got dusted by a big jack shortly after which pissed me off even more.
>>
>>993118
Dunno about the true /out/ doorsman shit, I just hate hate every fuckwad from the city who uses our parks as a dumping ground for the long weekend.
>>
How do Aussies get about camping with snaeks and all the other little critters that try to kill you in the most horrible way?
Seriously, do you guys sleep on the ground? Do you need to be extra carefull when you move at night, for example to take a piss at the campsite?
I got some slight ophidiophobia and I'm wondering.
>>
>>993139
it's not that bad m80. just because deathly killthings exist doesn't mean there's actually any real risk. i mean, how many times have you been in the coean and not even seen or gotten attacked by a shark, stingray, orca, giant or colossal squid, or flesh eating bacteria? how many bees are there around and how often do you get stung?

it's all good.
>>
>>984178
Was fucked, worst summer. Mushroom season was pathetic. Found a few batches of good meanies but.
>>
>>993143
>how many bees are there around and how often do you get stung?
often enough, and bees are harmless, while aussie snaek will kill you! So you don't do anything special to keep snaeks away or avoid them?
>>
File: in-n-out.png (15KB, 450x491px) Image search: [Google]
in-n-out.png
15KB, 450x491px
>>993146
ok forget the bees, you still ain't getting sharkbites and colossal squid beatdowns when you go inna ocean. deadly snakes are rare to see anyway, but aren't widespread in the frist place, so if you're actually in a limited area that's known for brown snakes or inland taipans you might takes precautions. but that doesn't happen often, it can take weeks or months to find one even if you try.

personally I hammock so I don't aftaid of anything, fuck that groundplebbing shit.
>>
File: i-dont-trust-you.jpg (81KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
i-dont-trust-you.jpg
81KB, 480x480px
>>993149
Ok
I guess NZ is better suited for me then, I fucking hate snaeks so I rather take my chances with Maori.
>>
File: he chose poorly.jpg (25KB, 640x272px) Image search: [Google]
he chose poorly.jpg
25KB, 640x272px
>>993151
>rather take my chances with Maori.
>>
>>993145
Got no idea about hallucinogenic fun, but I did notice a shitload of new fungus species I've never seen before popping up after the rain. Does the flooding have a bad effect on your 'harvesting'?
>>
>>993149
>browns aren't widespread
the fuck? they are literally everywhere in SEQ and all through most of the the eastern half of the country. Red bellies can be found around just about any body of freshwater in the south eastern part of Aus. Snakes aren't really something to worry too much about when /out/ (besides a few situations) but they certainly are widespread
>>
>>993156
So what precautions do you take then?
>>
>>993158
Honestly, not much. I already said that they're not really worth worrying about. I have tested out the 'stomp your feet' method to scare them off and it certainly doesn't work. Done it on both nocturnal and diurnal venomous species and it doesn't scare them off at all.

People who say snakes are hard to find generally aren't looking hard enough or just aren't observant.
>>
>>993139
Never used to bother me until last time I went camping and woke up to find a Goanna chilling on top of me and my swag.
>>
>>993499
Honestly that's probably more dangerous than a snake
>>
>>993525
First instinct was to grab my pillow and place it over my chest in case it panicked and ran over me as I only had the mesh screen on the top half. Luckily me yelling at my mate to get it off me spooked it to run the other way.
>>
One day when i build my hiking knowledge up i might attempt this track
http://tastrails.com/south-coast-track/

Looks awesome.

I love living here and I'm glad that i have started to get into more outdoor related pursuits.
>>
>>983378
>Scared of snakes
>Wants to take a stranger from 4chan instead
That being said, if I still lived in Bris I'd go with you.
>>
>>994785
It makes a lot of sense, both things are a sign of stupidity
>>
File: received_1493908297299477.jpg (519KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
received_1493908297299477.jpg
519KB, 2048x1536px
Pic from this long weekend when i met up with 2 other anons in SA.

>Obligatory family photo
>>
>>995168
Where abouts is that, Crawford?
Looks like y'all had some fun
>>
>>995316
>Crawford
Fucking on point, didnt see us skulking around did you?
>>
any West Aussies here?
I need a hiking buddy, I lost all my hiking friends when my GF and I split, I got to keep the indoorsy gamer friends.
>>
>>995386
Nice! Really good spot there, love going.
I wish, haven't been down there this year yet. Would've offered you a beer or ten otherwise
>>
>>995393
Sorry to hear mate, used to be a west aussie bout 10yrs ago, now I live in hot and humid all the time Cairns. That said I'm in the UK atm for a holiday anyhow
Best o luck
>>
Oi guv'na shrimp on the barbay you wombat cunny

Im goinf to be in Darwin and Alice Springs for 8 weeks in September, do you guys have any great boot tips? For hiking and safety against Goanas and snakes (I'm going to get near them on purpose)
>>
>>995544
>Oi
yes
>guv'na
no m8, that's briddish
>shrimp
prawns
>on the barbay
people say no but actually yes, it's actually said a lot
>you wombat cunny
not said enough

I have no boot recommendations though.
>>
>>993154
Usually need few days rain, heat, rain. Wasn't the best conditions this year.
>>
>>995168
>>995386
That's Rocky Paddock Campground amirite?
>>992994
Ended up hiking the Lavender Federation Trail from Murray Bridge to near Tungkillo. Was pretty good but I'm knackered.
Cheers for the fishing tips I'll try not to be a drongo tourist when I'm up your neck of the woods.
>>
>>995393
That depends.

Do you know the difference between hiking and rape?
>>
>>995619
Let us know what else you get up to if you ever come here and I could probably tell you whats up.
>>
>>995773
that depends, are you a boy or a girl? :}
>>
>>995773
but also yes, please be my hikan pal
>>
hello /out/stralians, i'm a foreign student coming to study in melbourne. i was wondering if you guys could give some general tips about hiking and camping in Australia, things like permits, weather, safety, bugs and animals i need to watch out for and also some good spots around melbourne. i dont have a car so please take that into consideration.
>>
File: PC060008.jpg (2MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
PC060008.jpg
2MB, 3072x2304px
anyone get down to the donnelly?
>>
>>996208
I haven't gone down to donnelly since I was a kid, I should really get back there, probably didn't appreciate it as much as I should have at the time
>>
>>995545
Thanks mate I need to learn the lingo and develop an accent I hear the Australian rednecks are worse than their U.S counterparts.
>>
>>993139
It's like Americans and skinnwalkers. I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>995849
Thanks for the offer mate. Actually thinking of going up to Gluepot next week, but I'm also thinking of getting into a bit of bunny shooting. No current place to go though.
[email protected]
and likewise if you're in the Barossa I can show you some of our /out/ attractions, not that there's much.
>>
File: IMG_0047.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0047.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Found a strange bunker thing today.
>>
>>998701
noice! You should seize it and turn it into your /out/ fortress.
>>
>>995168
SA /out/doorsman checking in. What did you blokes do out there? I'm keen as to get out this winter.
>>
File: images (4).jpg (21KB, 383x384px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
21KB, 383x384px
>>995544

If you're gonna be hiking anywhere in outback, your main problem is going to be spinifex grass. It's a desert grass that has needles forged of mithril, and WILL penetrate hiking boots made of 'breathable' fabric (the entire Solomon boot line up being an example). I worked in the bush for many years and can't stress enough how important it is to have full leather boots - I always wore zamberlan vioz GTX boots and they never let me down. See Pic related.

The risk from goannas/snakes is essentially insignificant.
>>
>>983537

Hobart based Tasmanian here. Can confirm. We're rapidly getting infested by the locally woven heirloom carrot pants brigade from Melbourne. The type of cunts who reject consumerism by consuming 'bespoke' consumer products.

I get away from it by going bush and visiting family farm to blast deer, wallabies, bunnies, possums etc. City slicking hipsters tend to stay out of the countryside, the Cafe per unit area numbers are too small to sustain them.
>>
Can anyone recommend any decent places to go camping about an hour west of Melbourne?

I'll be in the area in a couple of weeks and I'm wanting to spend a few days in the bush. I've heard Blackwood is nice but I haven't been there before
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.