[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /out/ the company I guide for is giving me $250 to spend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

Alright /out/ the company I guide for is giving me $250 to spend on gear. I'll be getting another 250 in April. I'm looking to get some new stuff so I'd like some recommendations for some stuff to get. I need a new sleeping pad but other than that I don't really need anything but it would be nice to have some new good quality stuff. So what are some things you would suggest ?
>>
$250 at retail, or at industry discount?
>>
>>977051
I would think the Guide would be the one to give recommendations.
>>
>>977065
I am the guide. I've got my regular kit of stuff I just want to hear differing opinions on recommendations. Like I've got an O.R rain jacket that I like but I haven't owned a Patagonia one or an arc'terx one and I'm looking to expand my gear. I can only use the money I'm being given towards gear and as I said I don't "need" anything, I just want to use the money I'm being given before the offer expires.
>>
>>977055
Because I'm a professional guide I get industry discounts.
>>
File: 1310_37206_v2.jpg (479KB, 800x710px) Image search: [Google]
1310_37206_v2.jpg
479KB, 800x710px
>>977051
http://www.forestry-suppliers.com/product_pages/Products.asp?mi=13101

This,
>>
File: 1301_37042_p1.jpg (6KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1301_37042_p1.jpg
6KB, 300x300px
>>977130
or this.
>>
File: 331889626_04_a.png (33KB, 246x246px) Image search: [Google]
331889626_04_a.png
33KB, 246x246px
I just had my exped mat pop on me and was thinking of a thermarest x therm.
>>
What would be a good expedition pack?
>>
>>977051

Neo air x therm if you need a pad. be good to it and it will last years.
>>
>>977194
I bought one of these not too long ago. Love the thing. It's incredibly warm.
>>
>>977194
I've had an exped 7r (not the ultra light version) for 2 years. Approximately 15 nights use. Even in the summer it lets me use a light weight sleeping bag as a blanket for maximum comfort. Thing is durable, and I'd most certainly buy it again.

Retails around $170. I got mine on sale for 80 bucks, though.

If this money is use it or lose it, I'd get something quality as a back up, or the highest end of something you need. 250 should get you any piece of gear top of the line except a tent or backpack.
>>
>>977051
what kind of temps? I've been very happy with my Exped downmat lite,, its R4.1 so good to about -10C,, they do a variety of thicknesses, sizes, fills and durabilities.

Would recommend for sleeping pad.

>>977194
details?
>>
>>977848
>Neo air x therm
Not OP, but I heard they are very loud. Can you confirm that or were they just whining?
>>
>>977947
compared to closed-cell foam, maybe, but not terrible for an air pad, and holy crap it's like sleeping on a radiator
>>
>>977194

I have a xtherm for solo winter camping and use an xlite in the summer, my GF uses the xtherm in the summer.

Amazing pads, I have used them for about 3 years now with no signs of wear or leaks.

I am a side and stomach sleeper and used to sleep in a hammock but never could get comfortable so I went back to ground.

I don't recall hearing anything bad about the 2 pads at all. You could even go with the xtherm in the summer and use a lighter sleeping bag to save some weight.
>>
>>977949

Agreed, I have one and it isnt really loud unless your moving around, but not much louder than the sound of your sleeping bag russling around while you're moving.
>>
>>977051
What kind of hikes are you doing?

People seem to also be a big fan of the s2s insulated mat.
>>
>>977935
so the a few of the cells popped in my exped, it was the downmat 9 LW

basically once the cells pop they turn into one big cell. its a kin to sleeping on a big barrel of air pocket now. i think it is still under warentee but I'm not sure
>>
>>977877
i just blew the first 250 on an Osprey Xenith 105 and a hydroflask thermos. i think with the second installment of 250 i might spend it on the thermarest and then save the last $150 for a bit. maybe get some hiking boots/shoes.
>>
>>978277
we are just moving into hiking season now, so we will be doing week long hikes through Algonquin park. in the winter we pull sleds and summer is canoes
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.