[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying UK woodland. Does anyone here own any woodlands? Are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: treefbplain.jpg (578KB, 1200x638px) Image search: [Google]
treefbplain.jpg
578KB, 1200x638px
Buying UK woodland.

Does anyone here own any woodlands? Are you allowed to use them for business ventures and such? Do I need permission to build a hut/dwelling?

I've just inherited a chunk of money and I'd like my own piece of woodland but as its the UK I'm worried about being buried in red tape.
>>
>what is Google

Good luck building on woodland. You've got green belt regulations, conservation areas, sites of significant interest, etc etc etc. Never mind if you have native species the habitat directive is a cunt.

Speak to your local planning authority they'll tell you what restrictions you have.

Generally speaking if you buy woodland it has to stay as woodland. That means no houses.

Sustainable development may win you brownie points as there's usually a presumption in favour of sustainable dev in development plans.

Need to give more details.

>t. Environmental manager
>>
>>974789
I have been doing my own research but I wanted to see if anyone already has woodlands and their thoughts on the process.

I know building a house would be a no no/huge ball ache, but what about a hut/cabin?

I was thinking about maybe turning it into a "wild camp" site if it's worth it and use the funds it makes to put back into the site/buy more land. I know it's all going to be a long process as I'm waiting for land that's close to me.
>>
>>974795
You've have an easier time with a Cabin/Hut than a House.

The only issue is you're not going to get alot of Woodland in the UK.
>>
>>974799
I knew building a house would be too much hassle anyway..
I was surprised how much is actually available on different websites, but I want something no more than 30min drive from me so I may scout around and try to contact landowners/farmers directly as I live in a rural area.

I have been looking at "wild camp" sites and we'll they're a Fucking rip off! So I was thinking of jumping on the band wagon and charge office dwellers cash to pretend to be bear grylls for the weekend to keep pumping money into the site but that means I'm going to need water which also means I may get buried in paperwork.

It's always been a dream of mine but now my old man has kicked the bucket I have more money than I need so I'm going to do it
>>
>>974800
Well it depends where you live in the UK really and how much "Woodland" you want.

Like everything, it's cheaper and probably better in the North.
>>
>>974803
I'm in east Midlands so it's cheapish but it seems to either be 1 acre or 1000 acres and I'm trying to find myself a happy medium! (Max 10 acres) I'm going to keep looking at the camping site idea and see if it's viable, I'd just kill to talk to someone who's already done it
>>
Insurance is a cunt for public accessed woodland including campsites.

Like I said, call your local planning authority they'll be able to give you all the info you need.

Also worth asking on BCUK I know there are forestry management folk over there you'll get better quality answers than here on fagchan
>>
>>974816
Didn't even think about insurance! What a load of shite!! I Fucking hate the bureaucracy of the UK, it's a major turn off for doing anything these days.
>>
>>974823

The punters are the problem these days. It's for the sake of protecting yourself from them throwing their toys out of the pram more than anything else these days. Good luck Anon!
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.